METSO Employee Reviews

Good experience
Senior Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 18, 2018
Very Positive experience.. I would like to return if possible. it was a great experience, and enjoyed working with the management team.... local to my home
Pros
Flexible conditions
Cons
Contract ended
Good place to work - fast pace
Operational Procurement Agent 1 (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 17, 2018
It is a good company to work for. A lot to accomplish everyday but very rewarding. Vendors and carriers were great to interact with. Learned a lot.
Hardest part - not always enough hours in the day to accomplish everything.
Pros
Helpful Employees and good vendors
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
A decent place to work.
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 13, 2018
Metso is a supplier of technology and services for mining, aggregates, oil and gas, pulp, paper, as well as process industries. The Company operates Minerals segment, that covers mining, aggregates and recycling businesses; and Flow Control segment, that includes valves and pumps businesses. Metso offers a range of products in categories, including wear parts, spare parts, lokotrack mobile plants, crushers, feeders, screens, conveyors, grinding, separation, pyro processing, bulk materials handling and slurry pumps. Its services include field services, life cycle services for mining, repairs and refurbishment, chamber optimization and engineered upgrades.
Terrible Upper Management Ruining Great Things
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Danville, PAOctober 6, 2018
The office culture was fantastic right up until management closed the office to consolidate efforts elsewhere. The highest levels of management seemed incapable of of reigning in shareholder fears and instead gave in to the pandemonium acting like paranoid, headless chickens. There was a new mission, directive, corporate strategy, and company-wide restructuring every 6 months, none of which effected any actual change to better the continually worsening issues within the company.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and overall Culture
Cons
Management likely to destroy company in next 5 years
lots of traveling
Journeyman Millwright (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 3, 2018
got to travel all over the United States of America. got to meet a lot of interesting people and see different mines. great place for a person with older chieldren or no family.
Metso is a great place to work.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 20, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Metso. The benefits were great and the people were awesome. Company culture was positive and my supervisor was awesome and always positive.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Location of company was a long commute for me.
overall good company
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 14, 2018
They have growing pains but overall Metso is a good company. My Supervisor was very good. I enjoyed working for this Supervisor. I'm not sure I can anything else.
Pros
Benefits are above average
Cons
They have growing pains
Metso is a good company
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 27, 2018
I would do all the settings of the ball mills and crushers using a Bronson Scope. I would fill out all the paper work and information on all of the settings and send them to corporate office.
Great place to work, global culture,
Manager of Grinding Services (Former Employee) –  York, PA 17406August 21, 2018
Metso was a great place to work. One of my favorite company. As Aftermarket and warranty manger I was in charge of the aftermarket business globally in all locations.
Overload
Unspecified (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 27, 2018
This company is a Finnish company with a global footprint. Slow to change effectively, but initiates organizational change on average at 9 months per major change. Must teach yourself, no time allotted for training. opaque KPIs that feed an opaque bonus program.
Pros
People, Product
Cons
Process, bonus program
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 25, 2018
Metso went from a 475 employee company in Appleton to a 75 employee company after the crash of the economy in 2007. The company has restructured and is now competing again in the market place. The company was very good to me for the 20+ years I worked there
Productive place
Plant engineer (Former Employee) –  Mâcon (71)May 2, 2018
Interesting international quarry and mining projects with a good managment. International working travel to follow the errection and manufacturing on subcontractor company.
Good place to learn about valve industry but stressful environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAApril 26, 2018
Typical day at work consists of regular 8 hour days (possibility of mandatory 10 hour days and mandatory Saturdays) Everything is a MUST SHIP. Likeliness of a "Good Job" comment for upper management is very low.
Account Specialist Assistant
Account Specialist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 5, 2018
Prepared spare parts and maintenance service quotations in a timely manner for the Fiber Business Line Worked with Engineers, Product Managers, and Logistics to ensure the customer's needs were satisfied Communicated with Sales Managers/Account Specialists and other internal staff to complete client requests Calculated pricing, entered, and confirmed orders in the BaaN system
Resolved invoicing and pricing disputes for clients
Hack machine shop
Supervisor/Machinist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 2, 2018
Lots of big work, sporadic, dependant on copper mining almost entirely. Old, loose, shakey machinery, little tooling, support. If you like spending your life trying to fix junk with junk, using only what's in your toolbox, this is for you.
Pros
Compensation, vacation, holidays
Cons
Hours, equipment, tooling
good job
Lead Shipper (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 24, 2018
. shipping and receiving departments... Performing necessary SAP transactions for Shipping and Receiving stock. Reports any shipping or receiving Operate image handling software
Very Disciplined Environment
Global Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  WorldwideJanuary 3, 2018
A very enjoyable place to work with significant remuneration, The primary downside was the schedule, travel, and hours per day despite the great monetary reciprocation and benefits
Pros
Great Per Diem!
Cons
Required Travel.
bad company (and not the band!)
Asst. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAJanuary 2, 2018
bad company to work for, go nowhere, cut throat, thankless, low-paying job, company is going to go under at the rate their going, management was very subpar
Pros
location, people
Cons
pay, management, policies
A very nice and relaxing place to work
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksdale, MSDecember 28, 2017
The best job I ever had was able to acquire new skills that will help me in future employment .The pay was pretty decent and competitive for the area that we live in.
Pros
decent pay and great benifits
Cons
Not climate control
Wonderful workplace
Material Management Assistant I (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 7, 2017
Loved working for Metso Minerals, only reason I left was due to a illness of my husband who needed 24 hour care. The management was wonderful and understanding to home life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METSO. Our community is ready to answer.