METTLER TOLEDO Culture reviews

Tough business (retail) but good people
Sr Mgr Retail Software Solutions-Americas (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHOctober 30, 2018
Work was hard and very competitive i the retail division. I learned a lot about the grocery retail business, weighing and food regulation. Management locally was focused too much on cost and was focused on winning business. Innovation was embraced and encouraged. The hardest part of the job was working with off-shore resources. The people were the best part of the job.
Fantastic company recognized worldwide
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 21, 2018
I've worked for Mettler Toledo for 10 years and would stay with them if they were not relocating to Florida. I have worked with great people, learned so many new things, had the opportunity to travel and to make friends all over the world. The pay is competitive, the management has always been admirable and the opportunity for advancement was endless. The workplace environment was very fast paced and challenging every day so there was no chance of getting bored. The people are all great to work with and comfortable to be around. The best part about my job was being able to work independently and not be micro-managed. I was salary so I was expected to work a certain amount of hours but there was flexibility that allowed for a balance of work and life.
Pros
Good pay/Good opportunity for advancement
Cons
none, except moving from NY to Florida
Production Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 26, 2018
Workplace culture has become very important at RAININ. Great place to work, friendly people, and caring management. Employee first culture has swept the management ranks and it makes you feel valued with lots of autonomy.
I wouldn't recommend working here
MARKETING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLAugust 23, 2018
I have been with Mettler Toledo for 2 years now. Management is poor. They rate you low on your performance reviews and they steal front line employees ideas as if they were the ones who came up with the idea themselves.

The workplace culture is also not very good. They aren't very good at making new hires feel welcomed there.
Pros
Gym onsite
Cons
Management and culture is very poor.
Work out and napping room, free lunch once a month, flexible hours
Production Foreman / Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 26, 2018
Working at Mettler Toledo was fun and challenging at the same time. Especially in the last quarter of the year, even Saturday was an option to work to make sure that the delivery date of instruments was met. The Production team was collaborative and flexible, that's what made working there fun.
a glance of the company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  PNWApril 4, 2018
work hours is some what flexible. no pressure in time start or time end of any particular jobs. the region team works together and brings great experience to the table when help is needed. colleagues are very friendly and fun. management is very helpful when issue rises. the hardest part of the job is when the unexpected personality clashes, it makes the job feel tensed and micro managed.
the most enjoyable part of the job is explore places that have not gone before.
Pros
company vehicles
Cons
no buy back vacations
Friendly work environment.
Just another employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 20, 2017
At manufacturing and production, work days are fair to good. Fairly clean and air conditioned. At offices the environment is very professional like and comfortable. Your learning comes from co-workers and peers, supervisors or managers won't train or assist. Management despite of qualifications claims performs poorly and non reactive. Their mistakes translates into down lines overwork. Workplace culture is attractive due to the HR dept through the multiple activities, lunches and treats for the employees. The hardest part of the job is that the better you become at your tasks the longer you will be held at the same position. Outstanding performance never results in promotions or advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job is to share day to day with simple and helpful coworkers, always in good humor and prompt to help.
Pros
Fun, occasional free lunches and treats. Clean environment.
Cons
Short lunches. No vacations during winter holy days.
Good company
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  常州市April 11, 2018
Mettler Toledo is a global company. You can learn a lot in the cross culture team. I've worked in this company for 10 years until our family move to US. I'm really enjoy to work there.
Nice place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYNovember 9, 2017
Management is good for the most part until they let another division come in and ruin the culture with an oppressive rules and regulations. When management cares more about their bonuses than they do the employees that are giving their all, upper management should be listening to the workforce.
Pros
Company Car, generous meal allowance
Cons
Micromanagement, iffy policies.
Great work environment - culture and people
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 5, 2013
The Company as a hole is a great place to work, fun environment. The culture and atmosphere is very laid back, enjoyable place to work. It's also challenging in everyday work, with demands of our scheduling and customer requirements, makes the day go by fast as there is never a dull moment. Working with co-workers in other departments is very enjoyable, very much a team atmosphere.
Pros
great environment, co-workers, parent company, benefits
Cons
not much room for advancement at my current level

Want to know more about METTLER TOLEDO?

Ask a question
Industrial enviornment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43229February 6, 2018
The culture has taken a negative turn. The long shifts and physical work doesn't allow for the workers time to recover. The mandatory overtime for months causes negativity issues.
Pros
Paid time off.
Cons
Negative culture
Packaging Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Great people and great place to work with nice benefits. RAININ is a good company that makes great products that help develop medicines and other biological discoveries.
Pros
Good Pay and Bene's
Open culture
Contractor/Attorney (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2017
I found this to be an excellent place to work. The management was open and friendly and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a open culture with good work life balance.
fast paced, competitive, high expectation
Unit Controller (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Mettler Toledo is a great company to work with. Since it is a multi-national public company, it has very high standards and expectation. You will definitely learn a lot from MT.
Pros
great corporate culture
Cons
sometimes stressful
I liked going to work everyday.
Administrative Assistant, Telemarketing & AP (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 11, 2016
Mettler Toledo was a great place to work which is expressed by so many people who worked there for many years. People work hard, but their work is appreciated by management. My favorite part of working there was enjoying my co-workers and supervisors.
productive, friendly environment great work place,
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2015
flexible
Great benefits
Friendly environment
Great People and Culture
Systems Analyst & Lead TPOT Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 29, 2015
Mettler Toledo has a very strong culture that fosters friendships and loyalty. They do a lot of community building and team building events.
Pros
Work-life Balance, Friendliness
Excellent workplace with friendly nice people.
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 27, 2016
I would say in particular, that this company was my favorite place to work. I really loved working here. The kind, trusting co-workers I could communicate with is what makes a company great!

I learned many different things while I worked here.
The most enjoyable part of my job was coming into work everyday.
All I can say is if you ever do get an opportunity to work here, I hope you do take the job, because it is an excellent place you can build your career.
pushed test weights around
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  BrinigsvilleSeptember 20, 2016
enjoyed repairs, learned all new equipment as it came out, tried as hard as I could to update all management involved, great coworkers, hardest part of jobs was teardown to replace parts, most enjoyable part was making customer happy. after they saw me throwing the test weights around
Pros
making the best decisions for customer
Cons
commut to work that was not paid to you
Awesome company to work for.
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALOctober 1, 2015
Mettler Toledo is a very good company to work for. They take care of their people and have great benefits. They provide more than adequate training to ensure you are an expert in your field. The work is also rewarding because you can build relationships with customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METTLER TOLEDO. Our community is ready to answer.