METTLER TOLEDO Culture reviews

Ratings breakdown
a glance of the company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  PNWApril 4, 2018
work hours is some what flexible. no pressure in time start or time end of any particular jobs. the region team works together and brings great experience to the table when help is needed. colleagues are very friendly and fun. management is very helpful when issue rises. the hardest part of the job is when the unexpected personality clashes, it makes the job feel tensed and micro managed.
the most enjoyable part of the job is explore places that have not gone before.
Pros
company vehicles
Cons
no buy back vacations
Fantastic company recognized worldwide
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 21, 2018
I've worked for Mettler Toledo for 10 years and would stay with them if they were not relocating to Florida. I have worked with great people, learned so many new things, had the opportunity to travel and to make friends all over the world. The pay is competitive, the management has always been admirable and the opportunity for advancement was endless. The workplace environment was very fast paced and challenging every day so there was no chance of getting bored. The people are all great to work with and comfortable to be around. The best part about my job was being able to work independently and not be micro-managed. I was salary so I was expected to work a certain amount of hours but there was flexibility that allowed for a balance of work and life.
Pros
Good pay/Good opportunity for advancement
Cons
none, except moving from NY to Florida
Industrial enviornment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43229February 6, 2018
The culture has taken a negative turn. The long shifts and physical work doesn't allow for the workers time to recover. The mandatory overtime for months causes negativity issues.
Pros
Paid time off.
Cons
Negative culture
Packaging Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Great people and great place to work with nice benefits. RAININ is a good company that makes great products that help develop medicines and other biological discoveries.
Pros
Good Pay and Bene's
fast paced, competitive, high expectation
Unit Controller (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Mettler Toledo is a great company to work with. Since it is a multi-national public company, it has very high standards and expectation. You will definitely learn a lot from MT.
Pros
great corporate culture
Cons
sometimes stressful
Nice place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYNovember 9, 2017
Management is good for the most part until they let another division come in and ruin the culture with an oppressive rules and regulations. When management cares more about their bonuses than they do the employees that are giving their all, upper management should be listening to the workforce.
Pros
Company Car, generous meal allowance
Cons
Micromanagement, iffy policies.
productive place to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2017
a typical day here is pulling orders and making sure everything is where it needs to be very team oriented place great teachers and staff to help learn from
A great place to work
INVOICING & CONTRACT ADMIN MANAGER, US & CANADA (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 28, 2017
A fantastic company which provides ongoing opportunities for growth and development. A community of employees that love the people, love the brand and loves their customers.
Open culture
Contractor/Attorney (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2017
I found this to be an excellent place to work. The management was open and friendly and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a open culture with good work life balance.
Friendly work environment.
Just another employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 20, 2017
At manufacturing and production, work days are fair to good. Fairly clean and air conditioned. At offices the environment is very professional like and comfortable. Your learning comes from co-workers and peers, supervisors or managers won't train or assist. Management despite of qualifications claims performs poorly and non reactive. Their mistakes translates into down lines overwork. Workplace culture is attractive due to the HR dept through the multiple activities, lunches and treats for the employees. The hardest part of the job is that the better you become at your tasks the longer you will be held at the same position. Outstanding performance never results in promotions or advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job is to share day to day with simple and helpful coworkers, always in good humor and prompt to help.
Pros
Fun, occasional free lunches and treats. Clean environment.
Cons
Short lunches. No vacations during winter holy days.
Excellent workplace with friendly nice people.
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 27, 2016
I would say in particular, that this company was my favorite place to work. I really loved working here. The kind, trusting co-workers I could communicate with is what makes a company great!

I learned many different things while I worked here.
The most enjoyable part of my job was coming into work everyday.
All I can say is if you ever do get an opportunity to work here, I hope you do take the job, because it is an excellent place you can build your career.
pushed test weights around
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  BrinigsvilleSeptember 20, 2016
enjoyed repairs, learned all new equipment as it came out, tried as hard as I could to update all management involved, great coworkers, hardest part of jobs was teardown to replace parts, most enjoyable part was making customer happy. after they saw me throwing the test weights around
Pros
making the best decisions for customer
Cons
commut to work that was not paid to you
Good place to work but not fully satisfied.
R&D Engineer (Current Employee) –  常州市March 13, 2016
The Best part is the appreciation and support from the working team.
Getting to learn a lot while handling projects and attending meetings with the experienced global team members.
The hard part for me was the communication with some of the company staffs due to language problems.
I liked going to work everyday.
Administrative Assistant, Telemarketing & AP (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 11, 2016
Mettler Toledo was a great place to work which is expressed by so many people who worked there for many years. People work hard, but their work is appreciated by management. My favorite part of working there was enjoying my co-workers and supervisors.
Great People and Culture
Systems Analyst & Lead TPOT Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 29, 2015
Mettler Toledo has a very strong culture that fosters friendships and loyalty. They do a lot of community building and team building events.
Pros
Work-life Balance, Friendliness
Awesome company to work for.
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALOctober 1, 2015
Mettler Toledo is a very good company to work for. They take care of their people and have great benefits. They provide more than adequate training to ensure you are an expert in your field. The work is also rewarding because you can build relationships with customers.
Great company fun coworkers
Inside Sales-Geo Marketing North America (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2015
Mettler Toledo offers a good work environment where one can thrive and achieve their goals.The best part is my co-workers everyone is ready to help and support you. There is a team spirit that we are all part of a puzzle and to complete the picture every piece is important.
Working in a daily routine fast pace environment
Lead/Senior Injection Molding Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 9, 2015
my typical day at work is scheduled jobs and products for the day workload and conduct meeting to better communicate not only my department, but other department as well. I learned to supervise and manage a group of peoples in different shift to run injection molding machine more efficient. My relationship with my co-worker is good, never had problem communicating to them. when I generate the schedule, i assigned jobs to my co-worker and they will give me feedback on status of completion. The hardest part of my job is having other department in the company to be on the same goal. That is why I tried to better my communication with them. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to learn new things everyday. Not only on my position, but I get to learn how other department such as Quality control, Packaging, Finance / Sales, Warehouse, Etc works.
Great company with great employees
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAApril 26, 2015
Exceptional company to work for. The employee is regarded as an essential part of the team and employees are noticed for hard work and dedication. The environment is overall, friendly and easy going
Great people!
Senior Portfolio Monitoring Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 22, 2015
I work with some amazing people. There is a great family/work balance. They allow you to put your family and health first.