Meyer Jabara Hotels Employee Reviews

For me this was a wonderful place to work would have still been there if I didn't move.
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 3, 2019
Greeting clients, opening mail and distributing to the proper departments. Learned their computer programs. Management was great. Workplace was great to work there. I did not find the job stressful in anyway. Most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like I was working with family.
Pros
Everything about my position was wonderful.
Cons
I have no complaints at all about this company
MJ Hotels Review
Development & Acquisitions Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
The company should be everyone's go to if they want to be in the hospitality industry, everyone there gave me all of the tools to succeed and to be the best possible worker.
Professional Work Place
General Manager, Sheraton (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 9, 2017
all ownership was quick to acknowledge great leadership and associate that offer upside effect to the org great company. Great pofessinal leadership and a willingness to grow and develop ideas
Pros
possitive work place and company
Cons
never enoough time
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 1, 2017
Has an amazing culture/vibe in recognizing those for their efforts, training them to become leaders in the field. I have learned more about how to be a leader, how to build and manage those client relationships and how to delegate my work to focus on larger items.

The hardest part of the job is keeping the client relationship when things go wrong. The most enjoyable part of the job is keeping those clients happy by doing something that means a lot to them, or just by taking them out to lunch.
Needs to walk the talk
Food & Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2017
Copmany professes progressive managerial techniques but very few parctice what is taught. Promise made no follow through. Constantly dealing with financial problems
Fun environment - stressful market
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2017
The Cambria hotel & suites Pittsburgh - Downtown underwent a major multi-million dollar renovation but the market is depressed due to increased supply so the the day to day was quite stressful. The BEST part of the company is their corporate culture which I helped train the associates in. Every day dealing with new groups and guests made the job very fun but in the end I was laid off due to low occupancy levels.
Pros
employee parking and break room
Cons
work life balance is off
Decent money for gratuity-based banquet servers
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 30, 2016
I worked here for about a decade. The money was decent--it was a good side job. Many people here were great people. Problem was most of the upper management team--from EC to the RJ (who designed the AQUA bar-- putting the bar in the front>>--a son of one of the owners--was he qualified?) Always felt that the owners believed they were more important in their '3-legged stool' model. Other managers, like JC, were unfairly overworked to the point of having health problems. Very few left of the once great banquet team.
Pros
Many good people there--many 'stuck' patient people
Cons
terrible franchise owners; dilapidated; sometimes badly run, othertimes good managers stretched too thin
Empowering Employees
Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 19, 2016
Trust, loyalty, and dedication from upper management. I would recommend to anyone seeking employment. They are a team building company who support you throughout your "Journey".
Gold star rewards were given for employee of the month
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 28, 2015
Fun atmosphere with co-workers. Always placing a headset on to start the day with a cup of coffee ready to start the day. Making friends was the most enjoyable part of the job and learning to communicate well with others.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
breaks to short
Productive and Fun to work
Marketing & Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PADecember 6, 2014
In a place like a hotel you will learn form other culture and meet a lot a new people that travel around the work and the will tell you their stories.
Pros
Cool People work there.
Cons
Healthcare not the best
The Best
GM Holiday Inn Conference Center (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAOctober 7, 2014
Worked for close to 15 years in this company at multiple properties.
Good place to work for.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Danbury,CtOctober 5, 2013
Work with a good group and we learn a lot from each other. Hardest part of the job was month end. The most enjoyable part of the job going out to lunch.
Owners come before Guests, Associates, Vendors
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreOctober 4, 2012
A typical day would be trying to determine what I needed to do and what could be done; always hoping I had self-trained enough to complete that. Routinely wasted time searching for a printer, fax machine, scanner, and internet connection that worked. Learned to appreciate the places I had been employed with working basic office equipment. Management is as poor as the equipment and facilities.

Co-workers were friendly most of the time; others justifiably frustrated and territorial. The foul language, irrational/volatile, and lack of competent management to create a somewhat normal working environment was the hardest part of the job. No HR support for associates. Helping others and providing service was the enjoyable part of the job and the only thing really satisfying about it. Finding a position at a nearby hotel with normal facilities and good practices was a blessing. Never so happy to see a policies, procedures, and a working copy machine!
Pros
helping people, a/c during the summer
Cons
no employee food options/few jobs with benefits/little concern or appreciation for employees
Heavy call volume
Reservation Specialist (FT) (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 28, 2012
My typical day at work consists of sitting at my desk, answering about 100 calls every day- booking reservations for various independant hotels the company manages in the country. I have previous experience working at hotels, so while working here I've learned other PMS systems which is much to my benefit. When I first started I found the hardest part of the job was the high call volume and juggling all the different systems as well as remembering info about every hotel, but as with anything else is a learning process. At this point- I work through every system with a breeze and pretty much have basic info about our hotels memorized.