MFA Oil Co. Employee Reviews

Big Dogs first,drivers second,customers last.
CDL Class A Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora MissouriJune 27, 2018
Lack of communication,used to be a great company to work for. Last few years went down hill,legistics don't have a clue how to route drivers. Just not as good as it should be.
Pros
Take truck home, customers you deliver to.
Cons
Everything, just not a good place to work, would not recommend it.
Giant waste of a career
Management (Former Employee) –  NWAMay 7, 2018
In the beginning MFA/ Big O Tires was a fair place to work and potentially turn into a career but once the MFA higher ups and children of those people got a hold of it they turned off a lot of employees and in turn TONS of customers! People put into positions that had the wrong type of knowledge or didn't have the demeanor to be a leader, the VP of retail automotive and his right hand man (KU) turned this place in to a cut throat business, made employees work crazy LONG hours in terrible conditions no less. They said all the things people want to hear in the beginning then quickly turn on you, the 2 at the top do some shady things to include drinking and partying on company time and having their spouses wonder where they are when out of town?!?!
Pros
Cons
the company as a whole
Awful work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOMarch 4, 2018
Would often schedule me for 16 hour shifts. Never gave breaks and would of them make us eat on the job in front of customers because we couldn't leave the work area. Awful place to work people who had been there a while wouldn't do anything but tell me the new person to do everything. Wouldn't reccomend to anyone.
Fun and productive
Breaktime Sales Associatr (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOFebruary 13, 2018
Fun and Productive. i wish management helped out a little more. There were plenty of times i saw myself being the only one doing anything to help out the store, and checking out customers. I wish that if you were sick that you didn't have to find your own replacement because there were plenty of times id get stuck to go to work while i had gastritis, or just very sick in general.
Pros
Free drinks while on the clock
Cons
no breaks. you make your own "break while working" kind of break.
Poor. Management only thought about himself
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 31, 2018
The GM didn't care for workers or customers. Ate his lunch in front of the customer and workers. Hateful when things don't go his way. Tells customer that he didn't break it instead of find solutions. Overall MFA is a good company just not the GM. Not a people person. Always rude to everyone.
Pros
Automotive work
Cons
Cut throat people, care for no one,not even customers
Assistant mgr (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 4, 2018
Will not please you at all, minimal training , have to earn pot and then they black out days off. Not pleasant people to work for. They say things that are not true,never going to happen,and if you voice concerns,they stab you in the back then twist the knife the rest of the time you are ther.
Pros
Cons
Too many hours no advancement, make you go to training 3 hours away for 2 days and make you drive back and forth
Could of been worse...
Slave (Former Employee) –  MissouriDecember 21, 2017
Well if you are looking for a place for people to smile at you while they stab you in the back, you're in luck. They'll even twist the dagger while they do it. Besides that it isn't the worst company in the world... Just some of the worst people. I don't want to make it all bad because there were some nice ones too.
Pros
My paycheck never bounced and some of the people...
Cons
The rest of the people...
Was a good place to work years ago.... now days, keep looking
delivery driver / service technician (Former Employee) –  MissouriDecember 8, 2017
When I started at MFA Oil in 2008 everything was good. You didn't quit MFA, you retired from there. You worked hard to take care of the customers, keep the trucks and office / plant facilities looking nice and in good working condition. It was something to be proud of.

Now days more customers are lost than gained. Customers are mad at the poor customer service and non competitive prices. There are more chiefs in high up positions than there are people to perform the actual work. When you call one of your managers that were put into position by the "buddy system" with a question, you will not get an answer because they don't know. They don't know how to do their job, much less someone else's job below them. Year's ago, managers started from the bottom and worked up. Not so now days. Not many of the old managers left in the company.

Never try to point out a flaw in the system that could make your job and others better. They don't want to hear it, and will only put a target on you to be terminated. If something doesn't make sense, well that's the MFA way now.

MFA will work you above and beyond the hours you want to work if you're a driver. When I became a service tech I couldn't work over 40 hours. They have been saying for several years they were going to bring our pay up to industry standards, but has yet to be seen (I did get a big $$ offer when I gave my 2 week notice, I guess I wasn't worth it before then).

On to the positives - I did like the paid time off hours (I think I started with 135 hours).

Medical insurance seemed average.

I had a
  more... company truck when I became a service technician.

The people I worked with in my office were great. Everyone got along and helped one another out to get the job done.

I had a really good relationship with lots of the customers.
Pros
Pto, company truck, my immediate co-workers, the customers
Cons
low pay, poor management, on call all the time
workplace
Break time (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOJune 23, 2017
Its a fun and clean place to work...I love working with people an the employees are nice and easy to get along with. A typical day at work is the safe an the drawer and cleaning .
great company
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 15, 2017
great company,great people to work with. awesome place to make a living. MFA always had great benefits and allowed flexible time. I would recommend this company for anyone.
n/a
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 27, 2017
Very boring job, but the co-workers were great. You sit at a computer all day auditing breaktime reports and correcting all mistakes. Would refer to someone that likes doing the same thing over and over
very enjoyable work environment,meeting a lot of people,with good benefits
Propane service tech. (Former Employee) –  Omaha, ARFebruary 9, 2017
I would meet many people,getting to know them and building a relationship with my customer base.giving them good service on an individual basis.my job had great benefits, including company vehicle.I received bonuses both monthly and annually for net profits.my job did have some stress involved because we were very busy would go at a fast pace for a lot of the day.
Pros
co. vehicle
Cons
long days, sometimes stressful dealing with auto problems and satisfying customers
Buddy system
Logistics Agent (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MONovember 8, 2016
Unless you are best friends with the upper management you will never get promoted. They promote by the buddy system. Being the most experienced in the department I was still passed up for a manager position to the VPs best friend who had no logistics experience or even management experience. I was told to teach the new manager everything I knew, that was a slap in the face. I had also witnessed other positions filled by the same manner. There is no structure within the departments. They work the drivers to death. It's not the same company it used to be.
Not worth it. Take any other job you can.
Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 17, 2016
My location was horrible. Manager was demeaning to all of her employees (with the exception of two favorites) and would even make biggoted conments about customers after they left. She would have inappropriate conversations with and about vendors. She threatened employees and created and maintained a hostile work environment. I and others reported this to corporate office and I know most if not all of it was caught on tape, however she is still there and they are currently again hiring (and have alomst completely turned over the staff since I quit) so I doubt anything has changed. If you are willing to tolerate it, with such high turn over you may be able to advance eventually. However at the end of the day you would still be at a crud job, so why would you want to wait it out anyway?
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Horrible culture, subpar pay, bad hours, dangerous environment.
Will take you for granted
Former employee (Former Employee) –  MOSeptember 11, 2016
Unless you are management, they will use you and throw you out the door. They except you to work long hours, know they are under paying you, and will keep using you until you have enough and leave on your own. The upper managers only care about you working to death so they get their bonus.
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Low pay, low raises, long hours to meet impossible deadlines
Awesome company yet , they don't look past today.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sylva, NCAugust 9, 2016
Bought out the small propane company I worked for 13 years, benefits, insurance, 401K all the things we never had! It was great, being part of something so big. Then BOOM, June 3, 2016... Our plant location is sold with NO prior warning, 4 employees and over 2000 customers left with nothing but empty promises. I wouldn't recommend them as to stability, but must say that every employee I met on those 2 1/2 years were very dedicated people who loved what they did and did it well. I can't say the same for management .
no training
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 3, 2016
Training and advancement promises but never the truth. Management is very biased and no open door policy. Was treated very poorly and with discrimination comments daily.
Pros
Cons
never go back even for shopping

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MFA Oil Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2