MFA Oil Company Employee Reviews

Fun and upbeat environment to work in.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 13, 2018
Very busy and active work environment, multi-tasking was a must. Management changed 3 times in 3 years, which caused some disruptions in expectations. Often the phone would be ringing on multiple lines, as well as customers at the desk, so delegation was often necessary. The employees were mostly happy and wonderful to work with, but often became stressed when internet or phone outages occurred.
Pros
Free drinks in the cafeteria, lots of fun scheduled activities.
Cons
Not enough people for the volume of calls and complaints received.
Fantastic place to work
Senior Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 8, 2018
I love working for MFA Oil! I have been here about a year and a half, and I have yet to run into any major downsides of the company. They are offer a flexible schedule, and the culture is much less cut-throat than other companies places I have worked. As anywhere, there are sometimes disagreements, but at the end of the day everyone cares about each other and works towards the same goals. There are a lot of fun events put on as well - picnics, volunteering events, ice cream socials, holiday dinners, pictures with Santa, etc. The company seems to care a lot about their employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule, laid-back, community involvement, company culture
Cons
Retirement options
Great Company to work in
Senior JDE E1 Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 8, 2018
Good people, culture and work ethics! Worked at this company for 3+ years and had the opportunity to work on many challenging projects, helping the users improve their efficiency and effectiveness! Was selected to work on the RAD (Rapid Application Development) project that identified a few major initiatives by top management.
Stable company for a great career
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 8, 2018
I've worked here for over 4 years. I've worked in different departments with different managers and have had ample opportunities for advancement. My favorite things about working for MFA Oil are the flexible scheduling, constant PTO, and while it's a large company, it still has the down-home feel. If I need to come in late one day, it's not normally an issue, I'll just stay later or I could always use PTO. Speaking of PTO, every paycheck I accrue hours so I always have time if I need it. It’s full of great co-workers that are always there to help and managers that help further your education through additional trainings and certifications.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, constantly accruing paid time off, professional but fun environment
Great Internship Program
Construction Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 6, 2018
I've been working here as an intern since May, 2018. I love the company and everyone that I work with seems to have the same feeling about the place. The CEO is working hard to implement necessary changes and the rest of the company is following suit.
Pros
Flexible Hours for Interns, Great Learning Experience, Fun
Cons
Company is currently making changes, but im still learning. The staff are approachable and they make it easy to ask questions.
Great internship!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 6, 2018
I was part of the MFA Oil intern program and it was well organized and a very beneficial experience where I was doing real work that impacted MFA Oil. The workplace culture is relaxed, but still maintains a sense of professionalism. The CEO genuinely cares about our ideas, even as an intern. I witnessed several internal promotions in the few months that I was there. They say the cooperative feeling is a sense of team and family, and I felt that in my time there as well in their culture.
Pros
Free lunches, competitive pay, scheduling flexibility
Good job over all.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOAugust 1, 2018
Worked at break time for about a Wat. I enjoyed it. I got as many hours as I wanted. But I feel like as hard as I worked I should have received a raise.
Large company with eye on the bottom line
Propane and Fuel Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSJuly 4, 2018
Compensation and benefits are pretty good. MFA is growing quickly and the acquisitions are not very smooth. The company trims staffing to the bone and those who are left end up picking up the slack.
Big Dogs first,drivers second,customers last.
CDL Class A Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora MissouriJune 27, 2018
Lack of communication,used to be a great company to work for. Last few years went down hill,legistics don't have a clue how to route drivers. Just not as good as it should be.
Pros
Take truck home, customers you deliver to.
Cons
Everything, just not a good place to work, would not recommend it.
I personally loved working with the customers but company management and policies are poorly set and trained.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Vienna, MOMay 21, 2018
This company has to many conflicting policies and poorly trained management. Have very few safety policies that are followed and poorly managed food service. Little to no encouragement to become a friendly happy environment for fellow employees or customers and Lacks the proper company over site for cleanliness and hygenic company practices.
Back Stabing
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOMay 16, 2018
Love the job hate the people I work with in the plant I work in. Very back stabing and very difficult to get along with when things happen no one will do anything about it. It's a his word against your word
Pros
lots of quarks
Cons
No back bone to get rid of people that are bad
Giant waste of a career
Management (Former Employee) –  NWAMay 7, 2018
In the beginning MFA/ Big O Tires was a fair place to work and potentially turn into a career but once the MFA higher ups and children of those people got a hold of it they turned off a lot of employees and in turn TONS of customers! People put into positions that had the wrong type of knowledge or didn't have the demeanor to be a leader, the VP of retail automotive and his right hand man (KU) turned this place in to a cut throat business, made employees work crazy LONG hours in terrible conditions no less. They said all the things people want to hear in the beginning then quickly turn on you, the 2 at the top do some shady things to include drinking and partying on company time and having their spouses wonder where they are when out of town?!?!
Pros
Cons
the company as a whole
Great Company to work for
LOGISTCS AGENT/MAINTENANCE LEAD (Current Employee) –  Moberly, MOApril 23, 2018
I enjoy working for MFA Oil, its fast paced and can be stressful but very rewarding. I have learned several beneficial things that will significantly impact my future career goals in a very positive way!
Pros
Caring towards employees
Cons
Not a great place to work
Slave (Former Employee) –  Not sayingMarch 11, 2018
If you enjoy being told to do things you aren't comfortable doing, then getting thrown under the bus by the one telling you to do it anyway, this is the place for you. Advancement is slow, pay is negligible for what you do, and management doesn't care about those under them......
Pros
you get paid, not much, but you do get money
Cons
everything
Awful work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOMarch 4, 2018
Would often schedule me for 16 hour shifts. Never gave breaks and would of them make us eat on the job in front of customers because we couldn't leave the work area. Awful place to work people who had been there a while wouldn't do anything but tell me the new person to do everything. Wouldn't reccomend to anyone.
Very welcoming Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOFebruary 19, 2018
Very enjoyable job and such a comfortable and welcoming office and company to work at. Wonderful trainers and manager is willing to go to bat for her employees.
Fun and productive
Breaktime Sales Associatr (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOFebruary 13, 2018
Fun and Productive. i wish management helped out a little more. There were plenty of times i saw myself being the only one doing anything to help out the store, and checking out customers. I wish that if you were sick that you didn't have to find your own replacement because there were plenty of times id get stuck to go to work while i had gastritis, or just very sick in general.
Pros
Free drinks while on the clock
Cons
no breaks. you make your own "break while working" kind of break.
Poor. Management only thought about himself
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 31, 2018
The GM didn't care for workers or customers. Ate his lunch in front of the customer and workers. Hateful when things don't go his way. Tells customer that he didn't break it instead of find solutions. Overall MFA is a good company just not the GM. Not a people person. Always rude to everyone.
Pros
Automotive work
Great place to work!
Home Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 29, 2018
MFA Oil Company is a very generous company and always donating to the surroundings communities. The fellow employees are very like minded, kind, and easy to work with.
Growing company, great culture, must work hard
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Home-officeJanuary 22, 2018
The home office is a great place to work. Senior management communicates with and supports employees a lot. Management is very down to earth and not intimidating to talk to with feedback or questions. There are lots of perks and a focus on being a great place to work, but everyone works very hard toward the common goals. They've implemented a lot of changes recently to software and processes that have been very stressful, but the end goal is going to be awesome and keep us a relevant competitor in the market.
Pros
Supportive management, flexible schedule, forward thinking, free coffee and sodas
Cons
Out dated technology, and lack of structure/uniformity with smaller local offices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MFA Oil Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about