MFS Investment Management Employee Reviews

Great environment to work in just not great management
INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 6, 2019
When the team worked together a typical day was smooth sailing as far as assembling what ever our task for the day is depending on company types. I learned how to assemble office cubical and also how to set up hotel rooms, office areas and more. The hardest part of the job was getting our paychecks on time and having to rely on other ways to get back and forth to different sites meaning they have company transportation but there was lack of communication on where we had to meet and the time we had to be there.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
unorganized
Horrible place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 4, 2019
The pay scale for new hires is below industry standards. MFS has very high expectations but they pay is bad. Hard to make ends meet working there.

I could make the same amount of money working at Amazon.
Management is paid very well but not the people doing all the work.

Stressful place. You spend hours at your desk trying to make department goals to make your manager look good.

The cost of living raises will not buy you a cup of coffee.

Quincy Office is not a pleasant place to work.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Poor pay
Nice company to work for
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2019
Really nice company to work for. Salary was on the low side but the benefits were very good. Nice work-life balance and people were very nice. Culture was positive
Love it
Sr. Business Analyst / Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2019
Implementation of Charles River Investment Management End to End trading application, Created various client specific workflows and training for the following modules
Pros
love it
Relaxed environment, good people
Investment Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 14, 2018
My time at MFS was brief (summer internship), but while I was there a typical day was relatively relaxed. There was a good culture within the firm regardless of what department you were in and I would highly recommend applying if given the opportunity.
Enjoyable environment but sometimes difficult to manage with lack of resources.
Director, Vice President (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 5, 2018
I generally work 8-10 hours per day or occasionally more based on time periods and demand.

I have learned how to work collaboratively across cultures and understand how important relationships across the business make you successful or unsuccessful.

I am a hands own manager during busy periods. I try not to be a micro manager and give latitude as I get to know a direct report.

I have worked in multiple cultures. From aggressive to collaborative I have made adjustments to become part of an organization.

The hardest part of my job is devoting enough time to enable new employees excel given a fast paced environment. I rely on senior members to develop a training schedule and spend as much time as possible with new hires.

The most enjoyable part of my job is educating direct reports to the degree that they are able to move into more senior positions.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Often a lack of resources.
very good
Account Payable (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 1, 2018
Very good company, comfortable working environment, nice manager, good location, located inside shopping mall, convenient, happy to work here and strong recommend
Great company
Consultant Relations (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 11, 2018
MFS is a pretty good company to work for. The company culture is in very good, people are nice. I enjoy working at MFS.Flexible schedules. The office is in the mall.
Great experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2018
This was a new setting for me. I was working 9-5, which I loved. The management was really amazing. Everyone in this company always wanted to educate you on something or help you understand your tasks better.
Great place to work for!
Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2018
I loved working at MFS. I grew up at MFS. The Company culture was an experience which I've never experience before. i would recommend MFS for employent
Pros
Salary
Cons
Layoff's
Slow paced work environment
Co-op Student (Compliance Department) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2018
As a Co-Op, I got all the help/training I needed from all the full time employees. We had monthly deadlines to test the fund’s compliance in accordance with IRS and SEC requirements.
Very busy at times
Senior Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 28, 2018
It's a good place to work. But my department is unbelievably busy around the holidays, which makes it difficult to enjoy special days with my family. It's also a little too political.
Pros
Good people
Good Company
Enterprise Architect Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed everything and it was a lot of space to move around. No micromanaging it was nice. There were a lot of stores and a cafe near by for lunch. Everyone was very friendly.
Pros
autonomy, good hours, friendly people
Cons
pay could have been better
Great Place to work if you like bringing it home with you
Identity Management Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2018
Wonderful place that allows a worker the freedom to make their own schedule. Frequently however take home work was "required". The hardest part of the job was dealing with contractors.
Good culture, not good at job growth
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 24, 2018
Great work/life balance, good benefits. Management is very nice. They do surveys to see what people are saying about the company. Its a great company for people looking for a balanced life.
Job growth and work quality is mediocre. Too much red tape.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Not fast paced
great working environment
Junior Project Manager/ Senior Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 24, 2018
I was a contractor there but I loved the company- the people seemed very happy. Training was a priority, as was work life balance. Great facilities, I was sorry to leave.
Inconsistent across departments
Multimedia Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2018
Not all departments treat their employees the same way. I felt a victim of ageism during a departmental purge. During a departmental reorganization, several experienced personnel were outright let go or "encouraged" to leave.
Very Good
Programmer/Data Analyst IV (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2018
Very Good, excellent team, great manager, fantastic worklife balance.
Great exposure to new technologies, cross functional team interactions. Work culture is great
Great Company culture
Equity Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 18, 2018
typical day was scanning documents, attending meetings to learn more about financial industry, shadowing in multiple departments, managers are helpful and always present
Workable
Switchboard Operator (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 18, 2018
It was a ver nice environment to work in. Job culture could use major improvement. They really did nothing for employee appreciation. Dress code was to stiff because a lot of clients don't come in to the office. Don't remember if there was a cafeteria on-site. Manager was not that involved with employees. He didn't micro manage though which was great.
Pros
Cons
yes short breaks