MGA Entertainment Employee Reviews

Where Failure is the Status Quo
Director, PR & Social Media (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 1, 2019
MGA will always fail. Always. It has a leadership problem that will never go away. A leader isn’t good because he thinks he is right, or because he strongly imposes his will onto others. A leader is good because he is willing to learn, and to trust.

The leadership at MGA will never trust its employees’ expertise. The man in charge thinks he knows better than you. He has his fingers in every pie, and thinks he knows how to do your job better than you ever will. He won’t listen when you gently suggest that his dictated strategy might not be best for the business. (Even though you want to scream “That’s not how it works! That’s not how any of this works!”) He will insist you do it his way. Then when your project fails to generate any results, he will blame you.

The supreme leader is also unethical and unscrupulous. He has a 20-year track record of not paying his bills. You will find a vendor you love, who meets their goals, and he will say their results were “not good enough” and refuse to pay their invoice. He says “let them sue me.” Sometimes they do. And he will spend $50,000 in legal bills and court costs just to make sure the vendor doesn’t get $5000. It is pure insanity.

This same “leader” asked me to take a walk outside with him one day, then proceeded to “coach” me on how to create a fake marketing plan with inflated numbers to make it look like we were going to spend a ton of money to promote a new brand. It would be completely make believe, he told me, just so the retailer would agree to take our new line. Once in the stores, we would never spend those marketing
  more... dollars. I was appalled.

If you are comfortable with shady ethics, your goals being a constantly moving target, nobody appreciating your hard-earned expertise, and being underpaid, then MGA might be the perfect place for you. If you are a respectable professional – look elsewhere.
warehouse job
Assistant to Imports Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CANovember 28, 2018
nothing fancy, just another warehouse job. they hire mostly temp through an agency, but if you work hard you may get lucky and get offered direct through the company and get benefits.
Really Prodactibe inviroment
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CASeptember 29, 2018
The Work Area Its A Good Inviriorment To Work On And Theres Pretty Nice People To Work With. And Its A Prodactive Place to work everyday and get along.
Pros
Good Area
Loved it
Warehouse Receiving (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJuly 9, 2018
Great place to work easy job really fast to get used to they give u 2 breaks n lunch n they have greatworkers no drama at all i loved working there i wish i could get back
The worst company I worked for.
Formeremployee (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 28, 2018
You negotiate with the company's vendor's and have your order expedited only to have your shipment get stuck at customs because the company can't pay on time.
Worst Company Ever
Sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 25, 2017
The owner is the devil incarnate. He screams at people all day long and berates you in front of customers. He fires people on such a regular basis that you fully plan to be fired every day.
Pretty good place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHOctober 16, 2017
People were nice, helpful, and respectful. Everyone is willing to help when you're new to something and understands that you'll progress.Overall a good experience.
Pros
Good pay, Good hours
Cons
I hate Manufacturing.
Place of employment
Demand Planner (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 14, 2017
Friday has bagels in the office and there is a nice lounge. There are different office buildings that are spread out across the campus, which makes it easy to go on walks.
Fun place with a lot of Great people!
Prod./ Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 29, 2017
This place has had it's fair share of bad press and legal battles but once all is said and done, they strive for achieving innovative Toys and packaging.
Pros
great people, challenging projects, and mostly fun environement when working in the right group
Cons
Not much on the promotion or rate increase
Joy full to work
Sr .Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2017
Nice to work here

Good place to work and learn

Good work Culture

Love to work

No stress, Good place to explore ,

Nice colleagues and friendly Management
Best Internship Ever
LEAD Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 23, 2017
I had a really awesome time working with trevor. He has taught me so much, especially about the toy business. I want to get a job here. Best Internship Ever! The environment is so amazing, for creative people like me.
Creative workspace
Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 28, 2017
It was nice working with my manager at MGA Entertainment. There are so many things to learn and so much to learn from here since there are so many talented designers.
Pros
Working with a team
Laid off our entire department
Sr. Flash Game Developer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CaApril 26, 2017
Didn't give us any warning or notice when they laid off our entire department. Programmed many games for the company and did not feel appreciated. Poor management.
fun place
Account & Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 28, 2017
busy day to day, culture was casual, being your own boss, not have management support working with toys was the best part of this place
Pros
nothing
CEO needs to soften up a bit
Royalty specialist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CANovember 15, 2016
nice people, CEO needs to trust employees more and not send emails on a daily basis.I feel I should have gotten more experience in the time I was there
Pros
free bagels on Fridays
Cons
moral is low
Much more work to be done
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 3, 2016
In my opinion, most of the people are great, some of the leaders are good, the owner piles on too much work and people are stressed working there. In my opinion, a person is better off finding a job elsewhere.
Pros
The people
Cons
The CEO
Great people, lacking in leadership
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 29, 2016
Great people, everyday is different, but lack of direction and resources make this. Would not recommend to peers ifyou want growth, development or stability
Not a Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 26, 2016
The people at this company are amazing, it is why I stayed for so long. I am used to working for an organization that keeps you on your toes, but MGA takes it to a whole new level.

Everyone was always at the whim of the CEO. If he was in a good mood, it was calm, but that was rare. Most of the time he was not in a good mood so everyone is always running around like their hair is on fire.
Pros
Half day Fridays in the summer, the people
Cons
Most other things
Good place to work.
Import / Inventory Control - Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 17, 2016
Enjoyable environment. Owner very good to employees. Wish I could retire with this company. Industry is struggling but CEO is motivated and always looking for an opportunity to expand business.
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Cons
Struggling industry
Fun Energetic Workplace
Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 24, 2015
Great people and a great team willing to try new and exciting things.
The energy is always upbeat and managers take great care to make sure their employees are happy.