MGA Healthcare Employee Reviews

Featured review
MGA Healthcare selected this as a representative review
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 12, 2019
MGA is one of the best health care agencies to work for. Very friendly, supportive and helpful recruiters and staffs. They provide fair wages and opportunity for advancement. I would recommend MGA to the health care job seekers. They also provide lot of opportunities.
Pros
Very supportive and helpful
Cons
No cons
travel
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 19, 2019
fixable hours its good has an side job for extra money. the company is okay to work. The hard part of the is knowing how the assignment at different hospitals and nursing home policy.
April 22, 2019

We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to our leadership team. We strive to provide accurate and consistent communication with all of our employees and we are sorry to hear this was not your experience. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Wonderful workplaces
MRI Technologist at Orthopedic (Current Employee) –  CPOSM,SFO,CAApril 6, 2019
They have a good understanding of every situation and give you the Desired job of your expertise.They even pay for Overtime and Travelling expenses. I would really recommend it.
April 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. MGA Healthcare strives to find the best fit for its candidates and we hope you continue to have a positive experience with us.

Never no help one to two aides for 50 residents
CMA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Oakland, IAMarch 20, 2019
Never no help one cna with one uncertified aide for 50 people .. it's a place for a check.. I love my residents but can't take care of everyone by myself. Nurses try to help but over yaof the time they are there by themselves also.. we don't even have housekeepers for last two months
Company
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2019
Registry work with contracts..You interview with families to determine if you are right fit for their home. You have to work with families schedules in order to get hours. You may have to work with multiple families.
Great company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 8, 2019
I absolutely love working gor MGA, the staff from the managers to other co-workers are so nice and helpful it's a great team. The pay is great, the meetings are always informative, there is not one bad thing I could say about MGA, this company is a delight and I plan to be here a very long time.
March 12, 2019

We appreciate you sharing your positive feedback. We strive to make MGA Healthcare a great place to work and hope you continue to have a great experience with us.

Practice Coordinator Resource Pool
Practice Coordinator, UCSF Resource Pool (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 3, 2019
Working with MGA to get your foot in the door with the #1 hospital in CA is a great experience. Assignments are pretty much guaranteed, just make sure your showing up to work and working as hard as you can. The recruiters have good communication with you and if you feel as though you're not getting the attention you need when you need to stay on top of them. This is your paycheck you're working for so you need to be on top of your money. The pay is very low, but if you get hired on by the hospital then you'll get a pay increase.
Pros
experience
Cons
low pay, no paid holidays
March 4, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. At MGA, we strive to provide a positive work experience and consistent and accurate communication. We always want our team members to feel supported and we thank you for being a valued member of the MGA team.

Work is not guaranteed
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2019
This work is for nurses who want to be glorified babysitters. Mothers take advantage of you and think you are their maid in which you are not. Schedulers like to beat around the bush because I was out of work for two weeks until they could find me a new case. Also when I worked I never had any pto or any benefits because the person who handled me sucked. Left this job and never looking back.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Poor communication, organization, their promises never come through
March 4, 2019

We value the relationships we have with our nurses and families. One of our core values is matching the right nurse to the right family and making sure we keep lines of communication open. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and would like to invite you to discuss this further with a member of our leadership team. If you wish to do so, please email us at mgacares@mgahomecare.com.

MGA Healthcare
Surgery Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 21, 2019
its an okay place to start at if you need some work history i was working with MGA healthcare for a bout 4 months before i got a full time job in the hospital
February 25, 2019

Thank you for your review. We continually strive to make MGA a great place to work and help people find the best career opportunities. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Very helpful to find job
SPT (Current Employee) –  Hospital,SacramentoFebruary 14, 2019
I would recommend that agency to find job
Stuff is professional and polite
They help to find job for unexperienced employees. Processing time is long though,but it worth to wait.
February 19, 2019

Thank you for the positive review. We are always striving to match candidates with the right job and are glad to hear our team was able to meet your current career needs.

Unfair treatment for tempt workers
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  UcsfFebruary 13, 2019
MGA has absolutly no protection for tempt workers against harrassment or discrmination of any type I have been treated unfairly on two jobs after being there for seven months with out a single flaw I was accused of things I hadnt done and was able to prove It how ever it didnt matter if you speak up about any thing you could be terminated from the agencey and thats what people fear aspecialy single mothers who are already struggling they really have it ruff most cases I wish there was someone I could talk two without being fired
Pros
Cons
Bullying discrimination and harrassment of all types
February 19, 2019

Thank you for reaching out to us. We work closely with our clients to review and address concerns and would like to further discuss your feedback. Please contact our Human Resources team as soon as possible at hrcompliance@zoeholdingco.com.

Average
Registry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 16, 2018
I thought this agency was average. I thought the pay was average. I didn't feel special at all. I felt like just another nurse. I have received better recognition from other agencies.
December 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It's our goal to make all MGA employees feel valued. If you would like to share your feedback with our management team, please email customerservice@mgahealthcare.com.

Great employees/managers
Senior Recruiter/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 7, 2018
MGA sets a friendly yet competitive environment that is fully supportive. Long hours and plenty of after hours work, but fair wages and opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Family type business
Cons
No personal life
Good company
Traveling ICU Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 14, 2018
I worked with them as a travel nurse. I had good pay on my assignment. I'm still in contact with my recruiter. I'd take another assignment with them.
It was ok
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 13, 2018
I didn’t like working there due to not paying enough and lack of work and try to work u when your off and also expect u too work seven days a week with no days off.
Pros
Brought my own dinner
Cons
Took my breaks
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2018
They continually have someone new calling me if I want to work for them when I already do. They will call me for a shift and not tell me that I got canceled. So I will travel all the way to my assignment just for the staff to tell me I am not working.
Also, they constantly have someone new call me to ask if I want to work for MGA even though I am already on their payroll. Seems like they always have new staff.
Pros
Cons
low pay, inconsistent, bad communication
September 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. At MGA, we strive for consistent and accurate communication and we are sorry to hear this was not your experience. Your feedback helps to improve the MGA employee experience and we have forwarded your review on to our management team. If you'd like to discuss further, please email us at customerservice@mgahealthcare.com.

n/a
Wellness Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 28, 2018
good if you can't find a steady job, they're super nice and youll still get experience, i worked as a flu nurse so it was a good first job out of school,
September 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear working with MGA was a good first step in your career.

contractor
UCSF CVO Team Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2018
very good at sending you out for jobs that match experience. I was only hired as a contractor, but my experience was very good. they were very detailed and kept in contact.
Pros
keep in contact
Cons
don't know
September 10, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience working with MGA.

It's a Temp Agency
Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 19, 2018
they do help with getting your foot in the door, but the salary is just heart breaking. the recruiters are great, but the job site locations were not the greatest.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our team. We are sorry to hear the compensation and location of your placement was not your ideal match, and encourage you to check back for new openings that better fit your criteria!

Whats going on
Recruitment Manager /Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2018
Great holiday Parties, other than that there were a few big offices in the company that seemed to excel but smaller offices that did not do well at all.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. MGA is constantly looking to expand our business in new markets and looks forward to the continued growth of our smaller offices!

temp agency
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2018
they were able to get me job assignments that were relevant to my educational background and what I was knowledgeable in. They were able to place me in places that had good staff.
July 16, 2018

We are pleased our staff was able to find you your preferred job in an environment where you are able to excel. Thank you for being a valued member of the MGA Healthcare team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGA Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.