MGA Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!!
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2019
This job gives me a purpose to help others in a direct way. I love helping people and this company gives me the opportunity to have a career in helping a diverse community of families. Management is very open and approachable, honestly this company has given me opportunities that I have never had before. This job can be stressful, but I welcome this kind of stress because I know the stress is for a good purpose. I've learned a lot about myself and I look forward to establishing a career here for the long term. I love this company!
Pros
Communication is great, Management looks out for your best interest, I can be myself, Enjoy helping families who really need the help
Cons
Want more offices in DFW to help support the entire metro-plex
Pediatric experience
Pediatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2019
A typical day at work starts with assessment of the pt, taking VS, giving breathing txs,changing diapers, performing chest physio therapy vest tx, cough assist tx, giving meds, performing trach care including once a week trach change, everyday trach site cleaning and trach dressing change, gsite care and gtube feeding, NG tube feeding, giving bath, transporting pt to different settings like schools, Dr appointments, physiotherapy etc.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor communication between RN and case managers
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 14, 2019
I enjoyed my time at MGA. Office was easy to contact. Always scheduled consistently. Great patients. 12 hours shifts no driving patient to patient. Same patient long term possible. Hire new nurses
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
Needed more challenge
May 20, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear your experience with MGA was positive. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Competitive Fun While Delivering High Service
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 13, 2019
The company culture is based around friendly competition, where employees are allowed to be themselves while delivering a high level of service to the employees and clients they serve.
May 14, 2019

Thank you for the feedback and positive review of MGA Homecare.

Great place to advance your career
Operations (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 10, 2019
MGA Home Healthcare has been a fantastic fit for me. The work environment is great and there is a lot of opportunity to advance your career. I highly recommend MGA.
May 14, 2019

Thank you for the kind words! We hope MGA continues to be a great place for you to work.

Excellent management and team environment
Recruiter - PDN (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 9, 2019
I'm fairly new to MGA, but have had only positive experiences up to this point. The office offers a relaxed, team based environment, where different departments work in a collaborative effort to provide quality nurses for our patients.
Pros
Good work/life balance and friendly environment.
May 10, 2019

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear you've had a positive experience with MGA.

Great opportunities and room for growth
Lead Nurse Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 9, 2019
Your success here at MGA is directly correlated to the amount of effort you put into your role. Don't try and work here if you are lazy and don't like a team environment. Management wants the best for you and wants you to grow into other positions in the future. At the end of the day, our goal is to help the medically fragile kids and their families in our area. What we do is beyond rewarding.
May 10, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. MGA Homecare will continue to promote a culture of providing the best possible care.

MGA Employee
Lead Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 8, 2019
At MGA we have a fun environment and collaborate as a team
to find solutions and solve problems. There is room to move up based upon your performance.
Pros
Performance based advancement
May 10, 2019

Thank you for the review. MGA Homecare will continue to strive to create a collaborative environment.

Set your boundaries and DO NOT MOVE THEM
LPN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 1, 2019
I was miserable working with MGA and stayed with them way too long, as well as the family I worked with. As good as I was about setting boundaries, the family was always asking for more. I got very good at saying no. Be aware that your conversations with your recruiter are absolutely NOT confidential. They will tell the family everything you say. Working for MGA was a real struggle. The staff is so rude to the nurses at the inservice meetings. One thing I will say, they have an excellent clinical educator. That's it. The nature of peds home health is stressful. Parents putting you in precarious situations because they don't want to take their kid to the ER because they can't bear going to the hospital yet again, so the kiddo suffers while you try your best to keep their heart rate below 200. It was insane. Never again.
Cons
Very low pay, no vacation accrual, lack of loyalty to nurses
April 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. We take this kind of feedback seriously and have escalated your review to our leadership team. If you'd like to contact us directly to discuss these concerns further, please email mgacares@mgahomecare.com.

best home care company in Denver
Pediatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 28, 2019
Excellent administration and coordination. Patient care is the top priority. They do an excellent job of pairing RN experience level to patient acuity level. Always felt supported and had someone I could contact.
April 1, 2019

Thank you for your positive review. We strive to make MGA Homecare a great place to work for all of our employees.

staff nurse
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 26, 2019
take report, clean area, assess patient and patients needs, give medicines and treatments ie vent care, trach carf gb care. comfort patient, feed patient clean areas of patient care
April 1, 2019

Thank you for your review. We see that you may have had a negative experience with us. If you'd like to discuss further with our management team, please email mgacares@mgahomecare.com.

Too bad you can't give negative stars
Health Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  AZMarch 14, 2019
These people are horrible to work for. They lie, cheat, steal and the idiots that run the company are frat boy losers. Too bad we can't list specifics because I know of at least one person who should be prosecuted. I did love my patient though.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Liars, constant payroll issues
May 14, 2019

We are sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with MGA Homecare. We have escalated your feedback to our management team.

Culture of Favoritism
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 8, 2019
Employees who were younger and female were often given special treatment by managers. In fact, one employee (a young female) got a DUI at a company party and was not reprimanded and was instead later given a hefty raise. This is not a company that I felt I could advance in or make a true career out of.
March 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We take this type of comment very seriously. Our Human Resources department would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further. Please contact us at 602-385-4935.

Poor Nurse backup
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Home healthcare ArizonzMarch 6, 2019
More interested in the pleasing of the “client” than the safety and licensure of their nurses. Will not back up nurses. Puts nurses’ licenses on the line without backing of the nurses quick to throw nurses under the bus in favor of rigged and falsified documentation to get access and DDD reimbursement
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
If you value your license...RUN!
March 12, 2019

We take these comments very seriously and would be happy to address any concerns that our employees (current or former) may have. If MGA management or our compliance office is advised, we will not condone behavior that is not in keeping with MGA’s mission, policies and applicable laws. We’d like to put you in touch with our compliance officer as soon as possible. Please contact us at 1.800.941.1395 so that we can investigate these allegations and take responsive action, as needed.

All good things come to an end
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 3, 2019
Cool environment at first. Very risky working home health and obeying the laws when you are placed in forceful situations and inform supervisors and nothing is done. Guard your licence and follow the NPA , obey the MAR and document effectively. Since companies will do anything to keep hopes and make money off Medicaid while putting your license on the line.
May 14, 2019

Management listened to RNs in the field and offered support.
pediatric home care RN (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 24, 2019
Management listened to arms in the field and offered their support. They were supportive. Case management was available as was management toaide RN s in the field. They provided support to staff and listened to concerns
Pros
As above
January 28, 2019

Thank you for the review! We hope you continue to find the support needed with MGA.

Excelente academia y empresa
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 19, 2019
Agradecida 100% una empresa comprensiva y excelente
Horrible Communication
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2018
Was told on several occasions I would be given an assignment only to have no one call me back. Called every day for weeks on end and no on returned my call, from recruiters to even managers. They are horrible with assignments and communication. The turn over in their office has been such that you don't even know who you're supposed to be talking to, even if they did call you back, which NEVER happens.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Horrible management, communication, employee support
January 2, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. At MGA Homecare, we strive for consistent and accurate communication and we are sorry to hear this was not your experience. Your feedback helps to improve the MGA employee experience and we have forwarded your review on to our management team.

Great company to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80907December 27, 2018
I work at home but love the company and people I interact with when I have to go into the office or when I need to contact someone. I've been with them for over 2 years and they are amazing in their communication. When they have in service meetings they are fun and informative. They really care about the families that work for them!!! They schedule family events that help us feel like a community, not just a job.
January 2, 2019

Thank you for the positive review. We continually strive to make MGA a great place to work.

Two Thumbs Down
RN (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 19, 2018
The compensation offered does not reflect one's experience. Unable to work the hours promised. Poor nurse morale. Coworkers spoke of working somewhere else.
December 27, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. At MGA Homecare, we strive to make it a great work experience for all of our employees. We appreciate you leaving this feedback and we'd like the opportunity to hear more about your experience. If of interest, please email us at mgacares@mgahomecare.com to further discuss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGA Home Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.