MGA Homecare

MGA Homecare Employee Reviews

United States207 reviews

nurseamazepatientrecruitercaseavailhomecareclient

Mission focused work

Great group of people trying to make a difference. Management with focus and direction. Schedule management can be tricky, but the work being done there is rewarding.

Pros

Some really great people to work with

Benefits

Fun Place to Be

Very professional team who care about their employees and the children they serve. I worked here for 4 years and loved working here! The turnover rate is low, exceptional education department, and flexibility.

MGA Homecare insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Caring team and good compensation

I love working for MGA. The team is highly supportive and the company invests in you as an employee. Referrals for treatment are plentiful so you will never have to worry about having a full schedule.

Love it

Come to MGA. That’s it that’s all.. first place where I’ve felt like I actually belonged everyone is down to earth and it’s a huge family here! Only downside THERES A LOT OF POT LUCKS! So weight gain is inevitable

Money driven only.

This company value money over clients. They really don’t care about people. They pay very low for the workload. They hire good looking only and inexperienced people for recruiting positions. Their payroll is disorganized, workers need to pay close attention to their pay check and much more.

Stress frees work environment

Flexibility is the cornerstone at MGA Homecare I make my own schedule. Think contract nursing. You can work as little or as much as you want. Haggle for your pay though because whatever you start at is where you stay. PTO is new here but it accrues so quickly. I get almost 2 hours a week at 36 hours worked.There is health insurance dental and vision. Its just me and I don't have any health problems. Just need my preventative care. I have all three and I pay around $50 a pay period.We get paid every week on Friday. They use and app called paycor for benefits and paychecks and its super easy to use and on you phone. No going into the office.The office staff at the Austin location is excellent. I'm 5 months in and life has happened. They have supported me every step of the way. I feel really valued here!The first assignment I had was not a good fit. I was afraid they would tell me to try harder or make it work. NO! They gave me options and asked me what I'D like to do.Basically a nurse can expect to help families help themselves. Special needs children need their Families to be supported; so they can be refreshed to take over the job when we leave. There is a perfect fit for each of these kids.So if your a new nurse looking to grow your skill set, a seasoned nurse who is burnt out or just looking for a great place to work with kids in their home, schools and daycares; then this is the place for you.

Pros

Flexibility, great team, work/home life balance, helping in local community.

Cons

no pay increase program, insurance can be a bit pricey, no in-person coworkers.

Flexible schedule, independent work

Working for MGA is a great fit if you want to work independently and create personal relationships with your patient and family. There is very little interaction with other employees.

Good place to start nursing career and gain experience

You always have a lot of support from case managers and recruiters. There is not a lot of drama and no one makes you feel stupid for asking questions. They hire new grads. It is a good place to start to gain experience. Downsides are the health insurance is expensive, only 40 hrs of PTO per year, no paid holidays.

Pros

Good support and training

Cons

Benefits are not good.

Steady work

Employed over 5 years not much room for growth. No pay increases and lack of company support. Families are great. The office staff changes alot and the company as a whole doesn't do anything for the employees anymore. They use to but not sure what happened

Pros

Steady work

Cons

Just feel like im stuck

December 15, 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to comment and provide us feedback. MGA has rolled out some exciting programs for its employees this year: Improved paid time off, and enhanced benefits package, and a new Quarterly Caregiver Employee Recognition Program. We ask for and listen to our employee's feedback and will continue to develop programs that will provide opportunities for growth and development (career path and learning opportunities) and recognition. MGA Leadership values our employees’ contributions to our patients and families and is committed to continuous improvement as we grow this new company.

N/a

Great place to work. Loved it so much. Really learned a lot all the time and really really enjoyed myself i do love this position here and my job yes

December 15, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to comment and provide us with feedback. We value our employee's commitment and dedication to our patients and families. We will share your positive thoughts with the team.

This is a good place to work if you’re looking for a steady job that pays you weekly. I do wish we were able to accumulate PTO and not just get 40hrs of sick time a year. Other than that, it’s a decent place to work.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Only 40 hours of PTO a year.

Good place to work if you need a chilll job

Very chill job and lots of support from management. Pay is good now due to the nursing shortage. However, do not expect major career growth or having much work culture. They really care about their nurses and have never been in a dangerous situation.

Pros

heard by managment, respected, easy and glorified babysitter

Cons

Little career growth and no work culture.

October 28, 2021

Great schedules

Great workplace culture. They truly work with you to create the best schedule for you and the family. Was able to renegotiate pay rates after working there for 6 months, just be reasonable and it would likely get approved if you have demonstrated competence and commitment.

October 28, 2021

Good place to start with homecare

This was my first job as a CNA and I really loved it. They do take the time to match clients with providers that would work well together and I really appreciated that. Communication was usually really good but sometimes it could take longer than I would have liked. Compensation was amazing compared to what other places pay and they are willing to give raises which is always nice. The only real cons are the medical insurance which doesn't cost too much but also doesn't cover a lot. They also don't usually have PRN staff so vacation time is usually pretty short, at least that was my experience. If those aspects could improve I'd love to come back and work for them in the future.

Pros

Work life balance, compensation, 1:1 client provider ratio, raises.

Cons

Benefits, PRN staff.

Quality people, lower paying

The pay is less than elsewhere. Good working environment. Weren’t able to meet my needs for scheduling. No negatives against the company or the employees, they just don’t have the scheduling and pay that would fit for my life.

Not good

They pay you the bare minimum and overwork you. Work life balance is non existent. Upper management is a joke. They will tell you you’ll get a raise multiple times with out following through.

Pros

Cons

Underpaid and over worked

October 20, 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to comment and provide us feedback. MGA Homecare utilizes a compensation system that determines the current market value of the position based on the skills, knowledge and, most importantly, the behaviors of our employees. We ask our employees feedback on a regular basis so that we may continue to foster a culture of balance in the workplace that is felt and appreciated by everyone. MGA Homecare has new ownership and executive leadership team that recognizes the importance of incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our business and growth strategies.

Great for beginner Nurse

The managers are amazing and they listen to your concerns and help you get through them. The families are nice as well, some are very understanding to needing time off when there is a need.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Pay rate

October 20, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to comment and provide us feedback. We value our employees commitment and dedication to our patients and families. We will share your positive thoughts with the team.

Glorified baby sitter BUT a nice job

Over all not a bad company. Here’s some advice: stand your ground as far as what you’re comfortable with. If you want to work 3 12s stick with that. Don’t feel the need to cave unless you are flexible. They do pretty well with matching families but if you go to meet with a family and you have any off vibes ie they’re annoying, dirty or whatever it may be TELL THE COMPANY. They will find you another family because after a few weeks you’ll want to leave anyways then you’ll feel guilty and sometimes staff does make you feel guilty for leaving. The job itself is easy but boring but it’s better than being over worked and exhausted. The benefits aren’t great and PTO takes a very long time to accrue. But if you need a day off it’s basically yours!

Pros

Easy job

Cons

pay, benefits and paid time off

October 20, 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to comment and provide us feedback. We encourage our employees to work with their leadership regarding caregiver compatibility and career growth opportunities.

Great company to work at

Easy to communicate to management, great Pt's and great training. Anytime I had an issue or family emergency, my managers had my back and they never gave me the run around or an unclear answer. If i didn't move out of stated I would of stayed.

Pros

Great management

Cons

you work alone in someones house.

Excellent Company!

MGA really cares about their patients and employees. They've done a great job of soliciting feedback from employees and patients to make sure MGA is providing quality care and a great experience. This leadership team is doing a great job of listening and bringing change where it is needed.

Terrible

MGA homecare is an awful company. I hated working at MGA. It is not a respectful or inclusive environment. Managers sweep things under the rug. Low retention rate. Nurses and internal staff underpaid.

October 20, 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to comment and provide us feedback. We recognize that individual perceptions are important to recognize but do not always reflect the thoughts and feelings of the broader group. Recently, MGA Homecare has new ownership and executive leadership team that recognizes the importance of incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our business and growth strategies. We are focused on ensuring the efforts are authentic, meaningful, and sustainable. MGA's monthly engagement survey (launched fall of 2020) has shown improvements in the areas where there are opportunities, and we are continuing those things that our employees told us we are doing well. MGA Homecare utilizes a compensation system that determines the current market value of the position based on the skills, knowledge and, most importantly, the behaviors of our employees. MGA Leadership values our employee's contributions to our patients and families and are committed to rewarding them in a fair, equitable, and timely manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGA Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits