MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

Found 1,229 reviews matching the search See all 1,331 reviews
Nice Place to Work
Resorts International Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2018
Very nice place to work, friendly environment. great perks. high call volume. interact with customer from all over the world. hardest part of the job is passing quality
Pros
free show tickets
Cons
strict phone rules
Typical Day At Work
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDDecember 10, 2018
cleaning up to 20 rooms, Managment was unpleseant. The money was good but the company cares about money more than the employees. Over all good experence to know that i would not be interrested in working for the MGM in the future.
Fast Paced Fun Place To Work
Slot/Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MDDecember 9, 2018
Very fast pace environment to work. Good opportunity experience the gaming and hospitality industry up close and personal. Many opportunities to advance within the company.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Of site parking
Job security
Beau Rivage Casino (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 7, 2018
I learned a lot about the job with possible knowledge of improvement. I wish I still worked there. Its a really good job to work at to gain experience for other casino jobs.
Computer Desktop Engineer
Computer Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2018
Computer Desktop Engineer
• PC desktop support for the Las Vegas MGM properties
• Install, maintain, and troubleshoot PC hardware according to vendor and manufacturer standards and specifications
• Install, maintain, and troubleshoot IBM Infogenesis Point Of Sale workstation hardware and software
• Test, diagnose, and perform systems maintenance on all operating systems, PC hardware, applications software, and networking equipment
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Can be stressful during grave shift
Fun Place to Work
Model Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDDecember 6, 2018
A typical day at work involves walking through your designated section to serve the guests drinks, it is typically a 6 - 8 hour day. I've learned a lot about server culture, restaurants, and the food service industry. Management is a bit unorganized so all dot your i's and cross your T's there are a lot of rules to follow. The hardest part of the job is paying attention to your bank and learning how to make a drink when there is no bartender. The most enjoyable part of the job is an unlimited room for growth and opportunity.
Fun and competitive
Roller Coaster operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2018
It’s a fun place to work at but it didn’t pay well for what we as employees had to deal with. The supervisors always made sure you left happy, but the environment made sure you were always on your toes
Relaxed environment
CORPORATE TRAVEL INDUSTRY GROUP SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2018
A typical day was sitting at my desk, preparing contracts, recaps, etc for the sales manager. It also consisted of communcating with clients. The atmosphere was relaxed, but professional. Overall, I really enjoyed my job. My department didn't have a ton of growth, however, so I needed to branch out.
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits
Cons
management is not always the best
Excellent company
Personal Trainer / Boxing Coach (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109December 1, 2018
I loved working for this company. Excellent opportunities for growth and fair treatment. Employee gym, paid lunches with healthy options, and a friendly staff.
Great benefits.
CASINO ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2018
Great benefits. Nice discounts from partnerships with other companies. Always get breaks when required by law. Friendly co-workers. Upper management leadership roles could use more training when dealing with employees.
Pros
1 Free Meal per shift, Perks, Discounts, Free Parking
Cons
Highly Stressful, Nasty Leadership
A Wonderful Learning Experience
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDNovember 28, 2018
Working for MGM has been a great opportunity and a wonderful learning experience for me. I was able to collaborate with some hard working individuals who created a vibrant work environment where there was a open exchange of ideas. However, as wonderful as an experience as it has been, I feel that I have reached the highest level I can with the current management in place. At this point I am looking for more of a challenge and looking to be cultivated by a new company that will take me to the next level.
Culture is toxic in my department, not sure at others.
SPONSORSHIP ACTIVATIONS & EVENT OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 28, 2018
No accountability, no training but expect you to know what you are doing. Leadership is easy to put blame on others. Higher Management does not know what is going on and does not care about the people that work for them.

Too many captains on the ship. Too many changes that affect the work of employees that need to execute them.

Good, hard working people get shoved around. Political employees get the praise with no work done. It's amazing how this happens.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Political environment, cliques rule the office and good people leave.
poor management
Casino Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 28, 2018
The management is horrible .No one ever knows what is going on when you ask a question to management they talk in circles and never give you an answer.The one plus is the free dry cleaning you'll always have a clean uniform.
Pros
Free Dry Cleaning
Cons
Poor Management
Excelente
Ejecutivo de Ventas (Current Employee) –  Inventario servicio al cliente vendedor generalNovember 26, 2018
Inventario de equipo promover servicios al cliente vendedor general
Pros
Reforma del gobierno
Needs Work
Assistant Food and Beverage Director (Current Employee) –  National Harbor, MDNovember 23, 2018
MGM needs help desperately.Opened too soon with no structure.
Needs better management. Needs to start over with hiring. Needs new business model......
Great Culture
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2018
I loved being around people that were fun and made you feel welcome every day. Just them giving me the opportunity when I had little experience was a joy.
Pros
Team and atmosphere
Cons
Low Pay
I would recommend this company to anyone looking for employment,
Hotel Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 19, 2018
Working in the Customer Service, hospitality industry is where I have spent most of my working career. That's why I am thrilled to work at MGM Resorts International. It is fun, exciting, and I meet a lot of great people.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts and great benefits
Good Place to Work
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSNovember 19, 2018
Good place to work. Drive time was over an hour from my home so that eventually got old. Enjoyed co workers and Management. Work pace was fast paced at times but interesting.Time clock was very strict also they do have a very strict attendance policy during the first 90 days of employment.
Pros
Free lunch, cheap medical plan, decent compensation
Cons
attendance policy
productive and fun work place
Slot Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  mgm grand detroitNovember 17, 2018
I loved the environment and the employees. The only thing is the work life balance with the company. They treat you as a number and don't consider your hard work an family needs as well as the company needs.
Great Company
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSNovember 15, 2018
I loved my job with MGM. We had fun while working hard. Management cared about the employees. MGM was always looking for ways to improve employee satisfaction.
Pros
Free lunches, great people, good hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MGM Resorts International.

Powered by Comparably