MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

Found 1,180 reviews matching the search See all 1,281 reviews
Happiness
Quality Control Supervisor Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2018
My typical work day started with a staff meeting,and getting my paperwork ready for the work day, i learned to be more supportive of staff with training. my management was the supportive and lovely. the work place culture was upstanding and one of the best jobs i have ever worked at. the hardest part of my job was keeping up with the wonderful work place. the best part of my job was making a positive impact on my work place environment and people i wored with.
Pros
hours, co-workers
Cons
He was a very good company to work for
Banquet Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2018
He was a very good company to work forI really enjoy working for the company I worked as a chef and I have several employees we are waiting for trade a very fairlyAccording to a position in the company
Pros
Very good company
Cons
Very good company
You Get What You Apply For
Resorts International Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2018
You clock in, take countless call and they want you to go by a "script" You have to say certain things a certain way and if you don't you fail the call. I hate sounding like a robot so I said things the way I wanted to and I handled the call bases on the vibe and how it was going. They only care about numbers and sales sales sales. If you are sick that sucks, oh someone died in your family tough luck. Show up or get fired.
Pros
Money
Cons
Managment
Overall a good experience.
Decline to Post (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2018
Overall a good experience. Love the health benefits.

A bit hard to advance for those that have been here for 'a while'. A very young culture at the Corporate level.
Wonderful place to work for me
Exhibitor Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2018
I work in exhibitor services and I love the fact that MGM resorts as a whole cares about the advancement of being more than just a company. The fact that they go through such lengths to give us opportunities is just amazing in its self.

Just know that if you decide to work here you need to put in the effort and you will be recognized.
Mgm
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2018
Good Place to work and good benefits. Always nice to meet new people. Luxor is a beautiful casino and still has the Egyptian feel in some areas. The history is great.
Fast paced, professional environment.
Executive Specialty Room Chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada, is one of the most competitive culinary environments in the world. With 2.5M residents in the metropolitan area and over 8,000 restaurants, there is a steady supply of restaurant talent. MGM is extremely competitive with wages, time-off, personal leave, insurance, etc. MGM focuses on diversity and team-work; including extensive training, system procedures with constant re-analysis, and follow-up.
Pros
Please see the review.
Cons
High pressure
Mgmri
Corporate Watch Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2018
MGM has some great perks to help with compensation however Vegas is very expensive so the perks don’t pay the bills. They do like to promote from within usually and most Managers are willing to help you achieve your goals. It’s a big company but it is a family atmosphere.
Pros
Good people, Pto, Benefits
Cons
Pay stinks for Vegas
Friendly people
Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 4, 2018
Very friendly managers, caring and under standing! Best job I ever had. Will go back in a heart beat! Good money, work at your own pace! Workers from other departments are wonderful!
Pros
breaks, free lunch room
Cons
smoky casino
Amazing start to my career
Account Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2018
I had the opportunity to start my advertising career here. I worked with amazing, smart, talented people. Most, if not all the people I worked with have moved in within the company, and even outside the company. If it weren't for this job, I probably won't be where I am in my career today.
MGM Review
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 2, 2018
MGM is a great company overall. I have learned a lot from working there. The work culture is very inviting and they treat their employee's very well and compensate greatly too.
Office Life
Small Groups Concierge & Chairman's Club Concierge (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2018
Deaprtment has a lot of potiential but there needs to be work w/ overall management. Indicviduals do not leave because of their job and colleagues.. they leave due to Management.
a good place for a full time
Porter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2018
great place to stay great good fast paced worked as a third party company last summer and was way to hot I got paid very little but but good experience to have
Pros
money
Cons
hot weather
Fun
Captain Aviation Department EMB 550 (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 27, 2018
Overall, great employees...some of the management is not that great to work for. A lot of favoritism. Sometimes the schedules got a little out of hand.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Some supervisors were bad
Got to meet a lot of great people
Cage Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 26, 2018
I really enjoy working with my fellow team members at MGM Detroit. I truly enjoy meet new people everyday, and learning something about the guest. Also MGM Detroit have giving me a great opportunity and I have learn so much from this company.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Some of the upper management
a great company
Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 26, 2018
a great company to work for and can advance very fast and the mangers are very helpful friendly will answer any questions anyone has and will be there in a time of need
Finance - Count Support Team Member (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48226September 21, 2018
On your feet for the entire shift. The work is fairly easy. Most employees get to move around the casino as they work. Sometimes employees are able to be in the middle of the casino action. It makes the time go by faster.
Fun First Job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2018
Fun work environment and amazing people. Management was fair and offerered great oppurtunities. Only down side was the staying hours in the heat of Las Vegas.
Low employee moral and lack of communication between executives to mid level management to line employees.
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2018
Overall one of the main reasons I left was the lack of respect and treatment that upper and mid level management showed towards it's line employees, very stressful.
Pros
Free meals and parking.
Cons
Same as stated above.
It was exciting
Slot Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2018
This was a long time ago and I really don't have much to say. I am sure tings have changed dramatically there. I am trying to look for a new job, not rate an old one

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

83%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss