MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

Found 1,260 reviews matching the search See all 1,366 reviews
Culture is toxic in my department, not sure at others.
SPONSORSHIP ACTIVATIONS & EVENT OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 28, 2018
No accountability, no training but expect you to know what you are doing. Leadership is easy to put blame on others. Higher Management does not know what is going on and does not care about the people that work for them.

Too many captains on the ship. Too many changes that affect the work of employees that need to execute them.

Good, hard working people get shoved around. Political employees get the praise with no work done. It's amazing how this happens.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Political environment, cliques rule the office and good people leave.
About Housekeeping at Mgm
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2019
The amount of work and what sort of task will vary, depending on which location. For example, at the Luxor, you're required to clean 13-16 a day, but at the Cosmopolitian you clean less rooms because they are bigger and have kitchens. It's all about staying organized, and focused. Work smarter not harder, it's more simple than some supervisors try and make it seem. Do your best and be prepared to sacrifice your personal time at home for the first few months if you're new. It's on call for that time. Warning: you might get called in to work from 9am-5pm some days then 1am-9am in the same week
Pros
Starting pay 13.50/hr or higher, culinary union, 401k, dental insurance, life insurance
Cons
Hardly time at home, on call so it's not a schedule, 14 days a year to take in sick days and minus half a point for late days (it can add up fast)
Not a Company I recommend to any one
Administration Member Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109September 3, 2018
I experienced that if you do not have any college degree even if you have a lot of experience in working, you will not go very far. The environment is not for the average person. The Diversity does not reflect on what they do on a daily basis. I have a partner that is going blind and they did not accommodate his need when he was hired. We had to go and seek help outside of the workplace for his needs. They hire housekeepers and fire them every six months. To have the government tax breaks every year. They have also hired recently graduated from college as executive positions at a very low pay.
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast
Cons
Stealing other ideas and making it their own. Cutting out benefits that we as workers deserves
Great Company, except IT
Former Employee (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2018
IT is filled with people who have an entitlement mentality. Almost everyone outside of management are great to work with and are great people, some in management as well.
Too bad that cannot be said about most of senior management. Too many people in senior management are worried about themselves first and not their support teams.
I wont say much more, but most people are the salt of the earth, but most in management aren't worth a penny.
Pros
Financial compensation, great support staff
Cons
Long "expected" hours with little compensation.
MGM Resorts International is probably a good place to work, not MGM Grand Detroit.
Slot Technician, Level III (Current Employee) –  MGM Grand DetroitAugust 7, 2018
You can see the core values of MGM Resorts International while working at MGM Grand Detroit, but I doubt it is the same environment. The labor union, and most employees have ruined what could and should be a great thing. The management team is lacking in skills and discipline. There is very little teamwork, and most are out for themselves and don't care about what happens to other employees. The skill level of co-workers is well below par, and their ability to keep their job is proof of managements ability and desire to affect change. I would recommend working for MGM Resorts International, as long as it is not at MGM Grand Detroit.
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Management, co-workers, labor union
Great at first
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vdara Hotel and SpaJuly 12, 2018
MGM Resorts seemed to undergo a cultural shift a few years into my career with them. Loved the job when I first started but it changed when they sold off all the valet contracts to SP+ and converted the garages to paid parking. Moral was instantly killed and made us all feel like we no longer mattered.

Benefits we're great, some of the best in the state, but the overall environment made you feel not needed, management is a bunch of friends of friends and people that although on paper may seem qualified, they can't seem to understand basic fundamentals of the role they're managing.

Great place for temporary work, or to build a resume, but move on quickly.
Relaxed environment
CORPORATE TRAVEL INDUSTRY GROUP SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2018
A typical day was sitting at my desk, preparing contracts, recaps, etc for the sales manager. It also consisted of communcating with clients. The atmosphere was relaxed, but professional. Overall, I really enjoyed my job. My department didn't have a ton of growth, however, so I needed to branch out.
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits
Cons
management is not always the best
So so
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2018
MGM is a great company to work for if you don't have a life outside of work. It is difficult to work with a school schedule.

They pay and benefits are good and they offer overtime daily.

A typical day at the front desk is busy, you will be checking in/out guests all day. There are over 4,000 rooms. Most managers are more then helpful, others it honestly depend on their mood. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different guests everyday.

The hours when you're part time are horrible. You will get shifts with an 8 hour turn around! Example, you may get off at 4pm, but will be back to work at 12am for you shift the next day!
Pros
pay, benefits, overtime
Cons
snotty managers, crazy hours
Good Place to Work
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSNovember 19, 2018
Good place to work. Drive time was over an hour from my home so that eventually got old. Enjoyed co workers and Management. Work pace was fast paced at times but interesting.Time clock was very strict also they do have a very strict attendance policy during the first 90 days of employment.
Pros
Free lunch, cheap medical plan, decent compensation
Cons
attendance policy
I would recommend this company to anyone looking for employment,
Hotel Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 19, 2018
Working in the Customer Service, hospitality industry is where I have spent most of my working career. That's why I am thrilled to work at MGM Resorts International. It is fun, exciting, and I meet a lot of great people.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts and great benefits
Great benefits.
CASINO ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2018
Great benefits. Nice discounts from partnerships with other companies. Always get breaks when required by law. Friendly co-workers. Upper management leadership roles could use more training when dealing with employees.
Pros
1 Free Meal per shift, Perks, Discounts, Free Parking
Cons
Highly Stressful, Nasty Leadership
Great at first - Soul sucking near the end
Status Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2018
I left MGM for many reasons, the top reason being that they simply do not care about their seasoned staff. If you've been there a while, they look at you as if you are a problem and a waste of space (since you can accrue 4 weeks vacation in 7 years of work there).
They do not reward any extra hard work. They fire their older employees for younger ones (I was 24 when I left there but I saw it WAY too often).

It's good pay, good benefits but that's about it. Not an exceptional place to work, you don't feel part of a team, you do not matter to upper management. Simple.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Job instability
Its all about the bottom line
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2018
workplace culture and management are difficult
you are only as good as your next mistake
The company has forgotten about the staff and their needs
and has only taken away from employees in the last few years.
In such a highly customer service oriented business, how do you expect employees to have a big smile and good attitude with the guest and/or coworkers if you treat them like numbers on your P&L.
Benefits
Cons
working hours (for non union employees), Executive level Management
Great place to work if you are not assigned to a manager who hand-picks staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2018
I love this company; however, management is hit or miss and it is difficult for HR to take you seriously if you do have a concern. Otherwise, it is an amazing place to learn and offers excellent benefits and perks.
Never a dull moment
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2018
Great company to work for.
Management always supportive and excellent benefits.
Work/life balance
Nice perks
Continuing education benefits are great for all staff
Stressful and undesirable place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 20, 2018
I was in a position that was not a stressful job but the management and the enviroment made it stressful. There were any number of people in my department off on medical during my employment. Management does not concern themselves with the employees or their situations. They are very disconserting with an expection of (almost) robotic compliance without consideration for the human aspect of an individual.
Pros
Reasonable salary
Cons
Work schedules and management
Good company
Spa Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West coastOctober 28, 2018
Good company
Free lunch
Benefits after 90 days with full time position
Free employee parking on properties
Enjoyed the guests
Good management
Uniform
Dry cleaning offered
Good pay
Good hours
Pros
Free lunch good pay
Cons
Coworkers can be difficult to work with
Productive place to work.
Lead Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2018
There is a need for more middle management, yet the teams worked well and their employees were some of the best I've worked with.
There were a lot of changes and very dynamic.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Workload could have you working a lot of hours.
It is hard to get accepted for a full-time position and little advancement in the company.
VIP Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2018
I feel that there was not an opportunity to advance in the job position that I applied for and was on a on-call position. MGM Resorts International should offer more full-time and at least more part-time positions.
Pros
Free lunch, nice property, fun guests.
Cons
management, hours, benefits.
Stay Away
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 2, 2019
Promised the world...great disappointment!
So many good people have left since the opening of Fall 2018.
Springfield MA people embraced the new Casino, however MGM did not embrace them.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Full time for the few short weeks of opening, then cut down to part time which means no benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MGM Resorts International.

Powered by Comparably