MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

Found 1,213 reviews matching the search See all 1,315 reviews
I would recommend this company to anyone looking for employment,
Hotel Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 19, 2018
Working in the Customer Service, hospitality industry is where I have spent most of my working career. That's why I am thrilled to work at MGM Resorts International. It is fun, exciting, and I meet a lot of great people.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts and great benefits
Good Place to Work
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSNovember 19, 2018
Good place to work. Drive time was over an hour from my home so that eventually got old. Enjoyed co workers and Management. Work pace was fast paced at times but interesting.Time clock was very strict also they do have a very strict attendance policy during the first 90 days of employment.
Pros
Free lunch, cheap medical plan, decent compensation
Cons
attendance policy
productive and fun work place
Slot Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  mgm grand detroitNovember 17, 2018
I loved the environment and the employees. The only thing is the work life balance with the company. They treat you as a number and don't consider your hard work an family needs as well as the company needs.
Great Company
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSNovember 15, 2018
I loved my job with MGM. We had fun while working hard. Management cared about the employees. MGM was always looking for ways to improve employee satisfaction.
Pros
Free lunches, great people, good hours
Cons
It was an okay place to work.
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2018
A typical day at MGM Grand was okay. You meet new people everyday and you learn something new everyday. Management at The Signature at MGM Grand was awesome. The hardest part of the job was trying to get the tables from the towers back down to the kitchen. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the different cultured people from around the world that were guests. Coworkers treated you as a new person and when they open up to you they were good people. I hated working on-call. I never got hours.
Pros
Paid hour lunch break
Cons
Sometimes you didnt get a break and had to work overtime.
n/a
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 15, 2018
everyday was the same, learned ways to finish room quickly in the amout of time they gave. the hardest part of the job was learning my first time on how to make the beds. the most enjoyable part was break and getting to know my team members.
Pros
free lunches paid for
Cons
30 min break
Lifeguarding was fun.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  LuxorNovember 14, 2018
I recommend lifeguarding to young teens who want a summer job. Especially in the casinos, they're going to hire approximately 10-30 guards depending on the pool. location, how busy they predict the deck to get that year, etc.

I got close to all my managers. They're really cool, helpful people that I have stayed in touch with after the pool season ended.
Pros
fun
Cons
working with high schoolers
Great place to work at
HOUSEKEEPER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  DetroitNovember 13, 2018
I had an amazin working wx0erience with MGM just my schedule was no working for me. I loved the culture, everybody work as a team to get stuff done, management did not micromanage.
Pros
Pay, enviroment, culture
Cons
Schedule but just for me
Customer service
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2018
I calls were evaluated for performance. It was a nice place to work.
I am willing to return for employment again as long as I could work in the afternoon shift/
Not for everyone
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 9, 2018
To be a successful table games dealer, you need the math skills, of course, but even more than that, you need to be able to bite your tongue. You will deal with frustrating, childish, angry, nasty, and perplexing behavior. You need to be able to let it all bounce off without effecting your ability to perform your job or keep your cool. Don't get me wrong, it isn't like that all the time. Quite often you are dealing with fun guests who have their heads on straight. They are the easy ones, but you need to be able to handle the difficult ones in order to do well with this job.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
short breaks, working weekends and holidays
Casino Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 7, 2018
Unfortunately had to stand on my feet 8 hours a day and was not able to do due to bad back. Loved the job and co-workers and management were great to work with.
Work Skummary
Casino Marketing (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2018
A typical day as a Stagehand, could start anytime day or night depending on what the event may be and the possition you are assighned
It is hard to place the entertainment field into some of the opinions that are listed, Management is much more focused on saftey, and OSHA standards
The hardest part of the job is some of the longest hours, but the most enjoyable is to see an entire show built in just a few hours. From an empty arena to a total transformation
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
crazy hours
Amazing place
GRA/houseperson (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 5, 2018
I will eventually go back...but in happy awayfrom the strip for now. They pay good and you gets lots of hours. Just sucks if your On Call cause it's hard to have a life with not knowing when you will get called in. But its good pay and is worth it.
Great Company has some opportunity
Employee (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 5, 2018
MGM is a great company and offers a lot to the employees. Couple areas would be nice to enhance. Management appears to want to catch you doing something wrong instead of help you succeed and there does not appear to be the collaborative effort the company pushes. Instead management is after their own success at the cost of others and not there to promote success which ultimately will be their success. Pay is low for the raising cost of living in Vegas, other than that... MGM is wonderful, even these small issues can be overcome and I hope for a very long career with them.
Pros
Flexibility, discounts, great co-workers
Cons
Some management issues, lower pay
Productive and fun environment
Merchandise associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 3, 2018
Great environment to work in for a second job. Coworkers were lively and it was excellent working all of the concerts and events that happened in the Grand Garden Arena.
Productive work place with great employee dining
Arena Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2018
Very fast paced at times
Tight deal-lines
Great Over-Time policy
Lunch is provided and pay for
Management is great
Exciting work environment
Paid Time off
Better opportunities to advance
Main Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109November 1, 2018
Great place to work to grow and create a family outside of family. very busy company and good learning experience. a very diverse community and up to date tools and equipments.
Pros
free meal
Stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDOctober 30, 2018
Lots of turnover. Stressful and cut- throat environment to work in. Job security not guarrantee. Cannot be productive until all employees left for the day. Management expect you to work long hour.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stressful and cut-throat
Productive place to work.
Lead Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2018
There is a need for more middle management, yet the teams worked well and their employees were some of the best I've worked with.
There were a lot of changes and very dynamic.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Workload could have you working a lot of hours.
Good company
Spa Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West coastOctober 28, 2018
Good company
Free lunch
Benefits after 90 days with full time position
Free employee parking on properties
Enjoyed the guests
Good management
Uniform
Dry cleaning offered
Good pay
Good hours
Pros
Free lunch good pay
Cons
Coworkers can be difficult to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

83%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss