MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

G00d place to work'
Exterior EVS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  3799 Las Vegas Blvd.May 23, 2018
Preshift before work. Gave out supplies to employees, supervised employees on their work and offer advice on how to do the job. Learned how to deal with customers and employees. My manager was very helpful. I started as a cleaner then as lead and then as supervisor. Since we worked outside the weather was the hardest thing to deal with. Most enjoyable was the people I worked with. Helping the guests was with their problems was fulfilling. Rewarding our employees for their good work, such as doing bar-b-ques, potluck at work. plus telling them they are doing a good job.
Pros
Working with very friendly people. It was a pleasure going to work everyday.
Cons
Working outside in the haet and in the cold weather.
Great place to work.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 23, 2018
MGM is a great place to work. It has unlimited opportunities for growth within the company. Working with the public is fun & adventurous from day to day.
Great work environment
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2018
Corporate environment is very comfortable and laid back. There's a great deal of leniency as long as you do your work in a timely manner. Micro-managing is not a problem here.
Pros
Employee perks are available for any number of venues, restaurants, etc. everyday
Cons
Some superiors do not pull their own weight
Count Attendant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48226May 18, 2018
MGM Grand Detroit Casino is a great place to work that includes opportunities for advancement within the company. The casino is a face-paced business that caters to their guests every need.
it's ok
AdventureDome Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2018
it's okay, the pay is not good but it's okay. not much else needed to be said other than the pay being too low but nonetheless it's still an okay job to work at.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible work shifts
Cons
low salary
great
Retail Cashier/ Ticket Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2018
the pay is always reasonable. i was union so there were great benefits. they have an employee dining room, free food. breaks are paid. just an overall good place to work
Don't apply for the fountain worker position!
Fountain Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDMay 15, 2018
It was fun, but management was NEVER on the same page. Which made my time there SUCK. There was no opportunity for advancement, not even for people who had been there before most of the managers, at least for the fountain workers trying to get their foot in the door to move up.
Pros
Discount in the employee dining room, and National Market, coworkers are good people
Cons
Management, No lunch breaks on long shifts, they'd place you where you didn't want to work, you never know what you're coming into
Great place for experience
Casino accounting supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2018
Good place for experience. Always chance to learn something new if you ready to put 10-12 hours every day. Hard to balance your life. Almost no time for something else. Great health insurance!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I really loved working at the facility it was one of the best jobs I ever had, I would really enjoy being a part of the corporation again someday.
Grandette/Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MichiganMay 14, 2018
It was always exciting you meet different people everyday different cultures different backgrounds it's just an experience that I will never forget it's one job I can actually say I loved and look forward to going through every night I would definitely recommend everyone to apply it was a great opportunity for me and I'm a people's person so I fit right in.
Pros
All of the workers get a free lunch meal.
Many opportunities for growth
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 13, 2018
MGM Grand is a great place to work with many learning and growth opportunities. Hard work and effort is appreciated and rewarded. Just like any other company, "you get what you give"!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No cons but like at all jobs the more you give the more you get
No pay
Garage Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDMay 10, 2018
Delayed in clock in and payments.The hallways are a long way to get to the lunch line so by the time its lunch time the break is over with.Cold night with no heater standing up allnight outside
Horrible
Sales agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2018
They were a culture that promoted bullying and harassment. There was no promotion of growth within the company. They focused on scare tactics instead of positivity.
was a good place to work
Senior Buyer- OS&E (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
During my time there it was a good place to work. I have heard of changes that they have made since I have left and not sure how it is now. If looking for an opportunity, try them
Fun 6 years
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
advancement was available and attainable, coworkers were more like family at most properties, management was relaxed allowed individuality instead of robots
Fun place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 7, 2018
MGM grand resort is a very nice place to work I love working at Tap that sports bar ..I am One of the hostess team there I have been here for 18 years so I am considered the lead hostess because I have more knowledge than the other House team. Management need to communicate a little more it will be less confusing at the door full benefits medical vision 401K and paid vacation I am looking for part-time work because I love working at MGM Grand and I plan to retire from there
Pros
For benefits paid vacationMedical
Cons
Schedule changing working weekends no communication through management
Productive work culture
VIP Concierge (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2018
You get paid for your lunch which is nice. We had the option to do OT when it was permitted. The culture is not the greatest in some departments. Other departments are considerably better depending on management and/or roles/job titles. You can't beat the benefits which is always an incentive to stay in a work place as well as PTO/sick days. Getting the work done and helping guests have a great experience was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits
Cons
can be cut throat
Tremendous Company with many opportunities
Chief Marketing Officer, CityCenter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2018
Great place to work. Many challenges across all functions. Fun and diverse culture. Company has great focus on diversity and its core to its operations.
A good starter job
Gaming Dealer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 4, 2018
Not something that everyone can handle.It’s all Of what you make it, do you want something that you can retire from this is probably not the job.A lot of things are great here, but a lot of things can be a lot better
fast past
GUEST ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  mgmMay 1, 2018
detailed person, fast pace, stressful during summer do to rooms have lot more extra guest, and items every where. work by yourself, quiet, free food and great health benefits.
Pros
free lunch every day, great pay, culinary health
love it
Conversion Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 29, 2018
love it. 1 of the best jobs I haved. everything about the company was out of 1-10 was 10 the people was great the job was fun in I get to get some money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.2Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.