MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

Found 1,290 reviews matching the search See all 1,397 reviews
I would work for them again
Executive Assistant - International Marketing (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2019
Great company to work for. If you want to be busy and productive this is the place. People are very pleasant and always willing to help out. There is always room for advancement and job postings.
Pros
People are very friendly
Cons
Should consider more about family - not really work/ life balance
Room to grow
Exec Assistant to VP of Customer Development (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2019
MGM Resorts has been a great company to work for.They offer many training options to all of their employees. They encourage growth from within the company.
Positive environment, all ages but mature.
Reservations agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2019
Great place to work as long as you are committed to a serious position. Supervisors lead in a positive manner working with individuals to improve Quality scores.
Pros
Good supervisors, good training
Cons
Not enough hours
I loved working here
Master Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2019
MGM is a great company to work for that really cares about their employees. There are many opportunities to move up on the company and many chances to learn new things.
Slow and no opportunities
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2019
I worked for 1 year and I had to leave for better opportunities. No promotion or available spots.

Management ids very old and very unproductive.
Slow enviroment
Great!
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 15, 2019
MGM Call Center is the perfect place to work if you like or need to be stationary, need a set schedule with opportunity for overtime and/or like very specific job duties. There is little to no variation in daily work culture.
Pros
Great benefits, structured, consistent
Well run in my particular department. Excellent team work.
Foodserver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 14, 2019
Good place to work. Great benefits & time off packages. Food is provided for break time & employees have the ability to start a 401k investment through the company.
Pros
Benefits & time off.
Cons
Poor leadership on the director level.
Productive and hardworkimg
Appreciate everything they did
Always have your back
Something new everyday
If I could I would work there again
Can be a good kind of challenging
SECURITY ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Las VegasFebruary 13, 2019
Decent workplace, challenges you to think on command. Advancement opportunities within MGM. Multiple sources for furthering education and advancement through out the company
Pros
Paid lunch/free linch
Computer Technician (L2) (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 13, 2019
A good place to work. you can gain experience there. I worked there for two years. Advancement was not possible Pay increase was also not possible. I did like t people i worked with.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No advancement
great social environment to work in
Docucare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2019
Typical workday starts with analyzing incoming service calls for the workday. Paper work for the previous day is double checked and necessary part and supply orders are made. Service calls are the performed with the most urgent calls and customers taking precedence. Supplies are then delivered to individual customers. The remaining part of the day is to visit customers and check on their status as well as taking additional service calls as they are arrive.
Pros
exposure to wide variety of professonals
Cons
compenstion issues
fun exciting and great people to work with.
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2019
I've experienced coworkers and managers sometimes get stressed out during work hours but all in all my 11 years at the mgm resorts on and off where great. i would love to go back.
Pros
cafeteria, paid lunches
Cons
the clocking in, even if you're 1 minute late its half a point.
Work place is good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2019
The work environment is fair. I think that working there is not a bad place to work if you need a job. I learned that if you want to advance in a career you need to know the right people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Career advancement
Great experience
Game Operator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109February 10, 2019
I work with customers 1 on 1. I also handle cash with a non-gaming card. Everyday we get assigned a different carnival game that we work. We have to convince customers to want to play our game and welcome them in. It’s a good place to work at. Great supervisors, and management. You always feel included and they take everyone into consideration.
High Risk, High Reward
Technical Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 7, 2019
For an IT Engineer, it is often a case a high-risk, high accountability work, but for high reward (in the form of compensation & benefits) at MGM Resorts. Unfortunately, I took too many risks that lead to progressive discipline that inevitably lead to my separation from the company.
Pros
Compensation, benefits.
Cons
Responsibilities are overwhelming, hours are demanding, culture to very political.
Good for the work Good pay
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2019
•Welcomes guests to the property and provides excellent service upon arrival and throughout our guest stay.
• Provides quotes for room rates and upsells.
• Answers basic property questions and provides information regarding rooms, restaurants, and entertainment
for the guests.
• Answers multi-line phone system for guests and provides assistance when guest needs.
Great place to work, like a big family
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSFebruary 7, 2019
By far the most enjoyable place I've worked. Always busy, everyone friendly and fun. The employee dining room is awesome. The property is beautifully maintained and clean. Going to work wasnt a downer, never minded going. Like I mentioned, everyone is like family there, some days good others bad, but just growing pains....miss it...
Pros
Great benefits. Free food in EDR.
Cons
Tip pool unfairly distributed, no documentation given for gratuity splits at all, Also grat splits can change at the whim of upper management.
Great Place to work if you like to be stable and not advance
Computer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2019
Great place to start a career, Friendly people, Great Employees. Structure on management has alot of opportunity but overall if my pay was better I'd stay
Pros
Free Lunch or Per Diem given
Cons
Advancement
Administrator - Mlife Member Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 5, 2019
I enjoyed working for the Contact Center at the MGM, it was a great job. I learned a great deal helping customers apply and use the Mlife website. I got to talk with people from all over the world and that was a major plus.
Pros
Good job with overtime offered
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work
Event Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MGM Resorts EventsFebruary 4, 2019
I worked with a fun and diverse group of people and I enjoyed the group. The job was always different every event and I had new challenges that kept me excited about my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MGM Resorts International.

Powered by Comparably