MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

Found 1,090 reviews matching the search See all 1,188 reviews
nice place
Stock Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2018
Its a nice play to grow professionally and as a person a lot of opportuity union jobs and different departments customer service is their priority overall a nice work environment.
Structured, fun place to work
Customer Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2018
MGM Resorts was a great place to work. You were actually working 8 hours. Lunch 45 mins was paid and counted for part of the 8 hours.
Systems worked well.
Teams and shifts were seated together, which I liked.
Pros
paid time for lunch and visitors from the MGM shows
Cons
no Employee Dining Room
Great at first
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vdara Hotel and SpaJuly 12, 2018
MGM Resorts seemed to undergo a cultural shift a few years into my career with them. Loved the job when I first started but it changed when they sold off all the valet contracts to SP+ and converted the garages to paid parking. Moral was instantly killed and made us all feel like we no longer mattered.

Benefits we're great, some of the best in the state, but the overall environment made you feel not needed, management is a bunch of friends of friends and people that although on paper may seem qualified, they can't seem to understand basic fundamentals of the role they're managing.

Great place for temporary work, or to build a resume, but move on quickly.
Residential Property Manager
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 12, 2018
Oversaw every facet of the daily operation of over 300 residential rental units in apartment complexes in multiple locations.. These responsibilities included: leasing, tenant relations, problem solving, conflict resolution. rent collection, bank deposits, revenue growth and protection, civil legal proceedings, evictions, management of maintenance staff, acquisition of new property, project management, and investment cultivation.
Pros
Daily service to and interaction with several thousand people.
Cons
Work in sometimes dangerous situations.
MGM Uniom
Bus Person & Runner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2018
MGM Grand Casino was the best place to work there. But unfortunately I had not enough hours. If I had full time here than I am never thought to leave this place.
Great at first - Soul sucking near the end
Status Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2018
I left MGM for many reasons, the top reason being that they simply do not care about their seasoned staff. If you've been there a while, they look at you as if you are a problem and a waste of space (since you can accrue 4 weeks vacation in 7 years of work there).
They do not reward any extra hard work. They fire their older employees for younger ones (I was 24 when I left there but I saw it WAY too often).

It's good pay, good benefits but that's about it. Not an exceptional place to work, you don't feel part of a team, you do not matter to upper management. Simple.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Job instability
ROOM FOR Advancement
Security Officer III / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2018
Good Company to work for lots of room for growth with in the company. good management team. good paid training done quarterly. good benefits. Employee dinning is lacking
great place to work
PBX Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit miJuly 10, 2018
Payroll duties. Read emails answer phones training Enjoyed working there.. 4 star Hote; all the years i was Employed officer include providingsupport to all business units including administrative, financialand human resource departments. It also includes ensuring alloperational activities are executed within budget and timeliness.
benefits
Cons
smoke in casino
It's ok
Manager of Finance & Accounting (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2018
Its a really good company, but everything will depend on which property and which department you end up. The culture is not company-wide, it is more segmented than that. I loved the first two departments I worked at, but promotions led me to a third department which had a very counterproductive culture as evidenced by the change in leadership.
Pros
Awesome co-workers, free lunch
Cons
60+ hour work weeks were the norm for salaried employees
great place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 7, 2018
as an emplyee i csn see both sides of the coun and to my eye u found this resort a grest place to work and visit and will tell people about this place
Pros
free lunch same food
Cons
not enogh time to eat lunch
Good Hours Good Pay
Porter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2018
I secured the premises, moved metal detectors. I set up arenas. I greeted people with excellent customer service skills. Utilized janitorial skills to leave the sites clean and safe.
Nice place to work.
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2018
I would still be there except my wife broke her leg, and I had no choice but to take care of her on a 24/7 basis. I learned several games, and enjoyed the challenge; especially promoting customer service.
Pros
Uniform provided; Employee Dining Room.
Cons
None.
Wonderful
Barista at Starbucks (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 3, 2018
Compared to my experience at any other casino. Borgsta in Atlantic City, NJ was very much the same experience I had as a guest as an employee. It is such a nice work environment! They really take care of their empolyees do that way their guest always will get excellent service!
Pros
Nice cafe, lounge, arcade, uniform care
Cons
Fast pace environment, high demands
Overtime
Reservations Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2018
There were days when you had to work overtime, it was mandatory. We did get paid a fair amount. There were lots of perks. Met a lot of people. Fun place to work. Meals were paid for. Had a paid lunch.
fun place to work
Accounting, F&B Auditor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 28, 2018
it 24 hours. its fun its hard. many cultures. fun people, the turn a round is a lot. the hours change management change sometimes good workers are passed over for promotions and given to wrong people.
Pros
24 fun fun fun
Cons
management . promotions
N/a
Food and Beverage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2018
Besides the unstable hours and changes of mgrs every couple years. Mgm resorts is a great company to work for. Many great benefits. I hope to get back in the industry
Pros
Free lunches, employee discounts
Cons
Different shifts
Good pay and benefits , bad schedule
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2018
Pays great , sometimes you get days sometimes you dont , you're on call so having a social life is basically done everything you do will be last minute planning
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
On call
Productive and fun workplace with pool
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2018
A typical day on the job would be setting up the pool and making sure all chairs, pool watch stands, and the towel desk was ready for the day. once the pool opens we greet guests and answer any questions or doubts they might have.We have an hourly rotation switching between booth (greeting guests), desk (handing out towels), run ( walking around the pool cleaning the deck), and being on stand (being on duty watching the pool taking care of the guests). At the end of the night we clean the whole pool area to b ready for next days set up.
Pros
1 hour paid break and free lunch
A Fun, Fast, and Friendly workplace
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2018
It's a great place to work. The people I work with are amazing people to be around. The majority of the day depends on the incoming and outgoing traffic, but either way you can make the best of both.
Pros
Free paid hour lunches, great people, great location
Cons
Possible early cut of 4 hours, 2 during events.
Decent job if you can handle boredom/loneliness
Contact Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2018
Not a terrible job but nothing challenging. The calls are extremely repetitive and you will find yourself answering the same questions dozens of times a day. The work is highly socially isolating; you may not talk to your colleagues all day and there is very little managerial interaction or supervision. The pay is relatively comfortable considering the no-skill/low-skill nature of the job. If you don't mind working alone and doing consistent, undemanding work then it may well be a satisfactory job. Otherwise you might want to seek an employer that offers more dynamic tasks to their agents.
Pros
Consistent schedule, livable wage, pleasant work environment
Cons
Undemanding work, repetitive tasks, vague quality standards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight