MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

Meh
F&B Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2018
The company is average to work for. Definitely care about profits more than employees but that is expected. There was 2 good things about the company that stood over everything else. Decent benefits and large company size that gives you for internal company movement opportunities.
Mgm
Operations Center Analyst – IT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2018
Worked the night shift. Schedule was not to my liking but training was the the problem as there was not really much. You were put in the position and you sink or swim and ask a lot of questions. Sometimes other associates would be snippy if you ask too many. That would bug me.
Was working through a staffing agency so I had to wait if they would hire me full time. Did not wait as I left for a better position.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Hours-Shift-work days and training.
Great benefits and opportunity to move internally
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 19, 2018
I would recommend this company as a whole. Overall as a company MGM Resorts International cares and takes care of it's team members. There are however pros and cons to any job.
Great Company
VIP Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109June 19, 2018
MGM was a great company to work for I took an on call position and learned a lot. Unfortunately at the time the department I was in did not have any full time positions and needed a minimum 40 hour work weeks to support my family/household.
Pros
free lunch, lots to learn
Cons
you're easily replaceable unless you have some type of senority
Fast paced and great experience
Professional Detail Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for MGM. I met so many wonderful people from all over the world. I learned a lot from my colleagues, and I always felt accomplished at the en of the day.
Pros
Fulfilling and great learning experience
Cons
Not much downtime
Okay place to start as a Teen.
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2018
Management was really bad. Lazy and never helped out. It is fun at times but no team work. Management was favorite employees that they hang out with. Also would tell some employees things they shouldn't. MGM is a great place but for the AdventureDome at Circus Circus, Management was worse than the angry guest. I would give a 0 star for management if I could.
Pros
Paid lunch with free lunch.
Cons
Food was trash.
Its productive place to work, and they have some games there in there EDR.
security officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2018
It's a nice place to work, and it's a great hotel, I love this hotel we are guilt different from all the other properties, when I moved to Las Vegas I always wanted to work here, because of the pyramid, and Egypt theme. The employees are great to work with in all departments.
Pros
We have free lunches
Cons
We have breaks, and health care
N/a
STOCK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2018
It was ok working there just did not appreciate the way things are handled when it comes to employees! I am just saying in the retail side of things their stock host is treated like the bottom of the pile which everywhere else I worked it's not like that!
Pros
Free Lunch
Service oriented work place, emphasis on work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2018
Work was plentiful, many of the colleagues easy and great to work with, it had also its share of negativity and bad parts. I left because of the number of work hours. Always had at least 32 hours, however it could excess beyond 52 per week with those hours unbalanced for sleep or home time. Disappointed myself for leaving the job, however, I rarely got any sleep, cant do my job effectively without it.
Pros
Decent employee dining. Plenty of exercise and many interesting co-workers.
Cons
Sometimes felt cutthroat, no room for errors.
Fast paced work environment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109June 14, 2018
A typical day would be sorting receipts, data entry, and making and keeping spreadsheets. I learned a lot about team work. The hardest part was travel time and the most enjoyable part was working as a team.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Travel time
Spurty work flow.
Pit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2018
Work would be dead one minute and super busy the next. The job itself was simple enough. I just got bored and would ask to leave early because of school. I would absolutely love to work as a Pit Clerk again at MGM Grand. The manager of the department was okay but my shift supervisor on swing shift was a dream. Some of my co-workers were a challenge to work with. Taking extra and extended breaks above the norm/what is allowed. Some of my co-workers were awesome. I was passed over for a full-time position which left a sour taste in my mouth but wasn't personal so I had to let that go.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Food was terrible.
Production of a lot of smoke and games
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 12, 2018
I enjoy working at MGM the people I came across were amazing and it’s a good experience. Typical day consist of serving alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages
Pros
Get to leave early after 4 hours of shift
Cons
Point system
good
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2018
good place fair pay, learned a lot of new things to use in life. Lots of places that they own so you can work in different departments. Great benefits.
Pros
Free mealswhile working
Cons
Short breakds
Overall Company is good but the management not so much
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2018
I worked at the corporate office. The overall MGM Resorts is a great company but the management at the corporate office is sorely lacking. Uncooperative supervisors who provide inadequate training and hostile environment and gets mad when you asked questions and/or guidance. Lots of favoritism.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts
Cons
Poor management style and trwining
Productive and fun place to work
Deposit Clerk/ Room Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2018
I loved it here. Awesome place to work, that's All I can say about this job. U get to build rapport with your cutomers and it's. Very professional workplace and fast pace work environment..
Pros
Set schedule for
Productive and Comfortable
LEAD BELLMAN (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 8, 2018
Customer Service is everything.Management made sure that we were taught how to enter act with the guest on a very professional level. We worked as a team with different departments.
Worst place ever to work
offered impeccable customer service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2018
You start part time on call with no guarantee of hours at all, no one can survive like that and the seniority policy makes it impossible for you to get any work
Pros
Free horrible meals
Clean and hard working industry
Bar Porter (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 4, 2018
I worked in the night club which was a fast paced establishment. It was definitely exciting at times and I learned a lot about stock and how to manage what we needed for each week.
Cheap Labor
Home Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2018
You would think employees would be treated better in a big will known company. Position was only part-time but you were scheduled right under the 40 that would make you full-time. Being part-time, you received no benefits & no set schedules - you never knew when you would work until the 2-3 week schedule was posted.
Aviation department was a huge dissapointment
Aviation Department (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89119June 2, 2018
Management uses fear and intimidation tactics. You do what your told or else.
Pay raise was promised, not delivered.
Heavy workload and no balance between life outside MGMN and work.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Heavy workload, under industry pay, poor retirement plans

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.2Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.