MGM Resorts International Employee Reviews

Found 1,163 reviews matching the search See all 1,264 reviews
Finance - Count Support Team Member (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48226September 21, 2018
On your feet for the entire shift. The work is fairly easy. Most employees get to move around the casino as they work. Sometimes employees are able to be in the middle of the casino action. It makes the time go by faster.
Low employee moral and lack of communication between executives to mid level management to line employees.
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2018
Overall one of the main reasons I left was the lack of respect and treatment that upper and mid level management showed towards it's line employees, very stressful.
Pros
Free meals and parking.
Cons
Same as stated above.
It was exciting
Slot Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2018
This was a long time ago and I really don't have much to say. I am sure tings have changed dramatically there. I am trying to look for a new job, not rate an old one
Good learning experience nd great work team.
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 15, 2018
I enjoyed my experience that I had at MGM. I learned a lot. I learned that patience is very important. Being a team member and being productive was always a must in order to have a successful work day with co workers.
Pros
Guarantee pay check. Nice people
Cons
Work can get busy nd hectic at times
Good working conditions
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2018
Enjoyed working here, friendly atmosphere but very professional. Can be difficult because of the fast paced environment and large corporate structure.
Awesome place to work
Banquet House Person (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 13, 2018
Mgm has been my work place for many years i enjoy working here ..because it has alot to offer great benefits also privides ur wardrobe and food!! They have many other programs
Benefits
Great pay and excellent benefits
Table Games Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 11, 2018
Be flexible , a people person and aspire to learn more and one can go very far within this company. Excellent pay for the work required. Aside the smoke, I love my job!
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Smoke
Corporate slavery
Fountain Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 10, 2018
Not only do they e x p l o i t their employees they have NO consideration whatsoever for the lives of them although they claim so highly that they do. They claim to value education and the advancement of their employees, but that is NOT TRUE! BEWARE: They will sell you all the glory of the company, but in reality it's NOT all it's cracked up to be. My advice: JOIN THE UNION that is actively recruiting workers if you decide to work there.
Salary Trap - complacency desired
Rigging Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2018
MGM is a strong employer with good salaries. However, middle management is improperly placed and nepotism is the only way to get advancement opportunities. Additionally, finding jobs outside of MGM is difficult because of the strong salaries.
Pros
good money
Cons
bad management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2018
I love to work at MGM
I really enjoy working there because of the atmosphere
I like all the benefit they are providing me
I like the food they provide during breaks
Ambiente de trabajo super bueno
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2018
Excelente trabajo y sus trabajadores han demostrado gran dominio de sus funciones
Assistant Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2018
Lots of fun, good people to work with. Management needs to be more active and participate and engage more with the employees. Management pushes SHOW training and other training but does not lead by example.
Pros
free meals, good benefits
Cons
lack of leadership presence
good place to work
Table Games Dealer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 7, 2018
i enjoyed my time with the company they were very well lead and were very helpful to me when there was family events at least as much as they could given the business
Pros
free food good leaders
Cons
short breaks tough hours
Would not recommend
VIP Server (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 7, 2018
Poor management and work place. The only positive thing about working there is the benefits. Would never recommend this company to anyone for employment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
Industry leader in the Casino business
Hotel Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2018
A large property that featured a separation of most hotel operations departments. As a result, there was at times a disconnect between the managerial strategy of department heads.
Pros
Extensive staffing levels
Cons
Salary
My all time most favorite employer
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 7, 2018
The beginning of each day started with a pre-shift, which was a quick meeting before greeting our daily guests. We were briefed on what had happened in the building and outside the building prior to our arrival of our 24-hour running establishment. This allowed us to not look any other way, but being MGM Grand Smart. Management allowed us to be completely our selves while handling our guests in a polished and professional manner. We shared stories on how to handle different situations and gave advice on future promotions and offers. The hardest part of any day was when the "untimely" computers went down. It affected our guests mood which in turn affected the employees moods as well. We ate well and were given the opportunity to enjoy all the many delicacies that our extravagant guests paid for at no expense. Our course getting paid well was one of the most enjoyable parts, but I made the best connections ever within this establishment. Co-workers and guests taught me a lifetime of lessons.
Pros
Connections
Cons
Standing
Very caring people to be around and great management.
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2018
I would definitely recommend working here it’s such a good job and the coworkers and management is like a family. I look forward to going to work everyday.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay, days off
Loved MGM
HARDWARE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2018
Company was family. Well structured, great team to work with.
Loved the variety of projects I was responsible for. All departments worked together towards the end game.
Pros
Great benefits, Free food, Awesome people
Cons
Tourists tending to be entitled and have big attititudes
Corporate Entertainment
Executive Director, Entertainment (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2018
The corporate entertainment division presently lacks consistent leadership and direction, which can make it a challenging environment to thrive in long-term.
Pros
Event tickets, access to VIP events and free meals
Cons
Growth and career development, opportunities to advance
Not a Company I recommend to any one
Administration Member Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109September 3, 2018
I experienced that if you do not have any college degree even if you have a lot of experience in working, you will not go very far. The environment is not for the average person. The Diversity does not reflect on what they do on a daily basis. I have a partner that is going blind and they did not accommodate his need when he was hired. We had to go and seek help outside of the workplace for his needs. They hire housekeepers and fire them every six months. To have the government tax breaks every year. They have also hired recently graduated from college as executive positions at a very low pay.
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast
Cons
Stealing other ideas and making it their own. Cutting out benefits that we as workers deserves

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGM Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

83%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss