MHC Kenworth Employee Reviews

in the beginning, it was a good company to work for.
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 22, 2018
i enjoyed working for this company when i first started working for them, but when i had more new managers than years i've worked there, go over 2 years without a raise, and hours get cut due to not enough business to keep us busy, it was time to try something new.
At one point it was a great place to work
Diesel truck Mechanics (Former Employee) –  Nashville TennesseeOctober 6, 2018
I lost trust and confidence in the local branch management starting with the Service department and straight to main corporate level, I personally feel there was a double standard .
As an older person I felt I wasn't given opportunity as some of my younger counter part To attend specialty school in the forever challenging Technological
industry that it has become in the last 20 years.so in Essence it means If you got the right technical qualifications means more money! Maybe for some .
Pros
They paid for uniform
Cons
Opportunity (maybe)
Company culture
Regional Sales for Heavy Duty Fleet Parts (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 17, 2018
Overall the culture of the company and the direction did not match up to my goals. Management changes were frequent which made it difficult to maintain a clear concise level of agreed upon expectations. The communication break downs were frequent.
Great People
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 26, 2018
The people were great to work with and made the work place tolerable. I had minimum training and felt I wasn't getting as much done as I should've. I felt I always had to ask questions and meeting deadlines made it very difficult.
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
You don't get paid holidays unless you have the time accured.
good place to work
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 26, 2018
the only thing I did not like about MHC was the hours, the pay is very good, and the people are okay. if they had giving me a good schedule I would probably still be working for them.
Lacking in management skills
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2018
I enjoyed my job but management was difficult to work with and made unrealistic goals when faced with work load. Did not have adequate leadership and was unable to get straight answers to questions.
Parts Leadman (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Great place to work; challenging, results focused, non stop busy. Privately held, love to promote from within. Room to grow, opportunities to transfer within the company.
Poor Management
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 27, 2018
20 somethings in management, playing "grown ups"! They need to get a grip on the real world and realize we're not in a college frat party. Horrible employee retention.
MHC Kenworth is an excellent company.
New Truck Sales (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 5, 2018
I was given every opportunity to succeed. I was provided training and required to obtain a Colorado Sales license and Class B CDL as part of my employment. My Manager and District Manager were always available to assist me with questions.
Pros
Given house accounts and customer software leads
Stressful and super fast pace
Delivery Driver/Warehouse/parts rep (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 10, 2018
Very stressful never know what is going to happen or when you may get off due to what the customers may need with some trips to LaGrange Ga at 330 in the afternoon
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
No lunch
Productive, fast paced-under paid in my opinion
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 4, 2018
Good place to work, good management, fast paced but just couldn't seem to make ends meet well on the pay rate. PTO is very fair for starting out as well.
Pros
Pto, friendly place and management
Cons
Pay Rate
Opportunity is there
Used truck sales (Former Employee) –  HeorgosAugust 9, 2018
Not a bad company. Looking back I would recommend that if your manager isn't helpful enough. Keep asking until you get help. Too many good people left concerning management.
Pros
Opportunities everywhere
Cons
Empty promises
great place to work for
Warehouse Manager.counter sales (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXNovember 4, 2018
great over place to work for friendy people . my compute was not tfar to drive to get to work. i worked with freidly people and was alsways willimg to work with them
Looking to try something different
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 11, 2018
Good place to work, friendly environment . You have to have your own tools. You would work on lots of different things, air conditioning, engine, transmission, rearends, and lots of electrical trouble shooting
Mhc
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNOctober 25, 2018
Strong company in it business field. Very knowledgeable of industry. Very profitable company. Alot of employee turn over. Give employees advancment oppertunities.
Set up to fail on the first day!
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 12, 2016
Pay not consistent with industry standards. The compensation structure should be based on the region that you work. No flexibility. Most sales people leave after 3 months when the training pay ends. No compensation for the use of your personal cell phone. Pushes high numbers that is not obtainable for various reasons: Not the proper inventory level, sales reps must pull and deliver their orders, cover a large area, stress of the drive camera, do inventory, pick up the nights parts orders from various distributors. It is nearly impossible to do all these task and sell enough parts to make a check. I have never worked at a place that is so disengaged to what it takes to succeed. Not a proactive company that will listen to the heartbeat of the street.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
pay, working environment, no communication, management
Great company
Branch Office Specialist/Fleet Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at MHC, managers were great. Everyone had a team attitude and helpful with any training needed. Very diverse. Well respected and competitive.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Have to move if you want to advance in office position
Its a job
Service Advisor/Writer (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 27, 2018
If you are a person you is just looking to collect a pay check then this would be a good place to work. If you are the type of person who want to move forward and better yourself. My advise is to go somewhere else. All they have to offer those types of people are empty promises.
Great Company
Diesel Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 22, 2018
I couldn't have been more pleased working for a company that exuded my desire to help people, whether a client or employee, MHC IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Okay to work, didn't feel needed
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2018
It was an okay place to work but there were a lot of cliques and I didn't feel as if I fit in. Also, a lot of changes were happening and people were being let go. I opted to leave for a better opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MHC Kenworth. Our community is ready to answer.