MHI Partnership, Ltd. Employee Reviews

Great place to work. MHI does a great job of getting you ready to manage your own homes, but there are setbacks...
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 16, 2018
Overall it is a great company to work for. Just remember to keep your schedule and follow it so you won't get left behind.
Getting behind can be devastating in this line of work.
A terrible experience start to finish
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 25, 2018
This was the worst experience of my working career. I was singled out, followed, conspired against and let go when I tried to improve my situation by moving to a different department within the company.
I was let go with no reason given other than I was no longer needed. I never received any reprimands or training for things I was apparently doing wrong. The training was non-existent. Management felt entitled and refused to do their own job but had no problem micro-managing the staff they hired. So many more issues within this company. Apply at this company at your own risk. You have been warned.
Pros
Good people working for them
Cons
Bruised Egos, terrible management, no culture, no growth
Good job for people that like them hours.
Floor (Cleaning) Specialist (Former Employee) –  Foley, MNJune 17, 2018
The job wasn't for me. It was a second part time job I picked up. It did not work out with my other job and raising a toddler by myself. It would be a great job for a person who liked working that type of hours. It takes a toll on physically on your body.
Great work place with good people
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 31, 2018
Great working environment, many employees have been with the company for more than 20 years. The company believes in the importance of team and supports their team members.
ups and downs; put out fires
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 1, 2017
Learning experience. Lots of information at first, becomes easier with repetition. Bonuses made compensation competitive and acceptable for work done.
Great Onboarding Process-slow white collar death
Residential Sales Counsleor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75248February 4, 2017
Work from 9am to 6pm or 10am to 7pm. Expect to put in about an extra 3 to 4 hours EVERY day...you will will RARELY make it for meal time with your family and will RARELY see them on weekends. You will make a ton of money here if the community you are assigned to has specs right away that are at least more than halfway done...then you should take the commission option. If you go with the salary option...its like $600/ 2 times a month plus 1/4 of a percent commission...crazy..when I started the salary option was $1050 every 2 weeks and 1% commission. This builder was top 26 according to Builder magazine in 2013...look now, they are down to #33.....a great builder but a bad business model---sales staff have 70% of time take managing back log and custom builds and making sure construction finishes on time and not sloppy and if you're lucky you'll get 30% of your time to sell something. Very little time given to sell once you create your pipeline. Missed quota or a *******no recommend******** on the buyer survey gets you the boot. You WILL miss your quota even if you are a top seller and sell 25 homes right out the door...here's why, you WILL manage all those buyers who demand more time that you can give, you must market your product, attend realtor functions often....as your pipeline begins going to closings you will literally drown withOUT an assistant...there is no forgiveness on missing quota even if you have 2, 3, 4, or 7 closings in 1 month. Even if it's your first time to manage that many closings....please plan on pooing golden bricks. Don't request sick time....don't get  more... sick. but you'll get a ton of sick hours, try not to use them.....have fun in Houston at the 1 week training where they give you a crash course in the overview of construction sales...but NO REAL training on their citrix platform.....the only way to succeed is to hire your own assistant out of your pocket or latch on to to the 3 top sellers (some of them have company hired assistants--tell me how that's fair??????) and offer to put their packets together or SOMETHING< in exchange for 30 min a week of self sought out training from them. DO THIS or walk away.  less
Pros
$5000 lender credit when the buyer uses our lender
Cons
Sink or swim
Luxury Production Home Builder
DESIGN COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2016
Responsible for coordinating new plan product development in accordance with Product guidelines. Implement “Design Review” procedure to insure product quality.
Productive place to work
Purchasing Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2016
Great work-life balance, laid back environment and management works with your schedule for the most part. I would recommend working here.
Helping people build their Dreams
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2015
Phone communications, computer skills, great work ethics, managed contracts & files. Worked closely with our management, and co-workers. Sales is fun and also time consuming, late hours but you have to stay on task to reach the goal. Rewarding to see clients build their dreams and make them a reality. Home Building is great fun!
Pros
Great meeting new people, sales is fun, and marketing is a blast.
Cons
On call 24.7 to meet the customers needs. Can be long hours, no lunch breaks. ect
ok place
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2015
Sometimes it's ok to work here and sometimes it's fun but there really isn't room for advancement at all. you will never grow into a higher position.
Great work experience
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2015
I enjoyed working here. It was a great opportunity to learn and discover my strengths and weaknesses in the corporate sector.
Productive place to work
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2015
A typical day at work for McGuyer Homebuilder would be to checkup on all houses under construction. I would physically walk through each house daily and schedule the next phase of the construction accordingly. Management held weekly meeting to discuss homeowner satisfaction, and building operations. My co-workers and I had very good working relationships. We communicated often with each other. Our communication allowed us to know what the trade base was working on what materials were delayed and what was happening next in operations. The hardest part of my job was learning to be patient and understanding the phases of the building process. Building is not difficult when you understand the order of construction.The best part of the job was the knowledge and experience I gained.
Pros
Experience and co-workers
Cons
Pay, and material supply
Nice place to work
Architectural CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2013
This was one of my favorite jobs. It was very laid back and the employees were really nice. It is a company that you are able to grow if you so desire.
Pros
Flexible boss
Cons
Can't think of any
A company that is run by under educated project managers.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2012
Working with the other construction managers was great, I made many life long friends that I still communicate with regurarly. The project managers with this company are the primary problem. Their only concern is lining their pockets with bonuses. They WILL do everything possible to make sure the construction managers' bonuses are cut to increase their own. They are micro managers that basically tell you to hire illegal alien contractors to ensure the lowest contractor payroll. You are expected to work as many hours as they can get out of you. They call you in the evenings at home, on the weekends, even while you are own vacation. These "project managers" make the construction managers not want to do their best job. The end result; "Do you want to work for a company that treats you like this, turns out a cheap product that is over priced and riddled with warranty service to get it right, and have your name tied to this type of organization?" A typical day started at 7 am and went until 7 pm, plus Saturdays, and doing payroll on Sundays. The hardest part of the job is seriously not walking out, and showing up everyday, knowing you'll never move up.
Pros
decent pay, discount on housing.
Cons
no family/business balance, shady business, working with illegal immigrants, lying to home buyers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MHI Partnership, Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

MHI Partnership, Ltd. Reviews by Location