MHM Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Provides mental health providers with a great professional experience.
CLINICAL DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMay 11, 2018
MHM provides a good blend of work and life-style balance and provides employees with mental health educational and professional skill development opportunities that exceed private practice.
n/a
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for MHM. I wish I could continue working for them. I wish the contract was extended for a few more years. It has been a pleasure. This is an amazing company to work for.
Will terminate you in a heartbeat
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 20, 2018
Came in as a director. Was offered minimal assistance or guidance to work effectively. If you do not do things their way they will find a reason to fire you. Was belittled, harassed, and threatened by management. Overall I love the correctional environment, the people who worked for me were great, the company itself is a disorganized, unsupportive, money hungry mess. Don't settle for working with MHM.
Pros
Employees were all great
Cons
short staffed, no training, no support
Run for your life
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shirley, MAApril 7, 2018
Officers want nothing more than to get in the nurses pants, watch them on Facebook in the prison or at the very least look down your scrub top when the can.
Benefits
Cons
Officers that think we live in their world
I see across the board management is the issue with this company
Not a follower (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 4, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The favortism, lack of support and respect, lack of adequate staffing, and no follow thru with issues is beyond imaginable. The staff is usualy great until they are burned out and frustrated. The truely good working people never stay and the company doesn't care. You will be fine with this company if you have no values and ethics. They only want people that are followers and don't question anything. Kiss up and take no responsibility are the priorities of this company.
Benefits
Cons
Run.... This is not a good company!
Counselor (Former Employee) –  PaApril 3, 2018
The inmates were nicer than the bosses/management, etc. This was the most horrible position I have ever held, and I have been a mental health provider (licensed for over 5 years, but in system for about 15 years), Management is NOT supportive. You will be micromanaged, ridiculed, and demeaned if your position is anything like mine.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Management, cut-throat culture, micromanaged
Stressful but interesting place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mountain City, TNApril 2, 2018
Stressful but interesting place to work. Not much opportunity for advancement. Pay is good. Benefits are good. Could use more staff. Co-workers are great and very helpful.
Challenging Work & Poor administrative support
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMarch 31, 2018
This job requires flexibility, autonomy, and strong investment.
Administration is often not supportive of providers and tends to side with Department of Corrections or please client rather than employees. Limited loyalty.

Working in corrections often is stressful, inmates and staff are often manipulative and uncooperative.

Hardest part of job was understaffing at prison sites - inability to retain staff.

Best part of the job is constant intellectual challenge and education regarding difficult and complicated patients. I would have loved the job with better administration the clinical work was exceptional if you like challenge
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
poor administrative support
Bad Regional Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSMarch 30, 2018
This is not a good company to work for. If the manger gets mad at anything you do you will be fired. I worked to help people and I was fired. I did not get the proper training because they would not let the AA come back and train me when I got in my own office. They fired me on a recruiting policy I knew nothing about. I worked long hours.
Pros
Cons
Hard work with no training
Hostile work environment (not from the inmates)
Dentist (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 26, 2018
Basically, you will be asked to break HIPPA and OSHA guidelines on a daily basis and you will get continuous harassment from your boss about having a sip of coffee between patients.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
everything else

Want to know more about MHM Services, Inc.?

Ask a question
Good Bosses make a huge difference
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLMarch 16, 2018
Your boss will make a huge difference here. If you like them, it will be an ok job, but if you don't, you'll need to start looking for another job. This is a very stable job with a stable check with lots of Paid time off but few other benefits. All the benefits cost money, they do match some money for the 401K and HSA but thats it. The benefits are about average price, only slightly below market prices.
Pros
401K Match
Cons
Security Officers often refuse to let you see inmates for many reasons
MHM is a good company to work for.
FT Employee (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 1, 2018
Favoritism to a few is not unusual. Need to learn how to play politics at workplace. Managing perceptions of management is more important than what you actually accomplished.
Pros
The owner of MHM has been generous at year end during holidaies.
MHM Services
Mental Health Observer (Current Employee) –  Union Springs, ALFebruary 18, 2018
I love my job,i am able to interact with people from all aspects of life. Everyday is a challenge, in a good way. Having the ability to relate to people on different levels is a good thing.
Pros
Slow paced, diverse environment
Stressful and Unpleasant Work Environment
Management (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSFebruary 14, 2018
Work place environment of MHM/Centurion of MS was poorly managed and unpleasant work environment. Upper Level Management very non-supportive of staff and mid-level management.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Frequently no breaks, an excessive amount of bickering among staff as well as managerial team
Good place
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Wetumpka, ALFebruary 14, 2018
Lot of crisis but teamwork is great! Great place to work if you have a good team on the ground! Culture is positively progressing. The PTO is ok. I recommend the company!
Pros
PTO is fairly good
Cons
Work environment can be somewhat hostile... long hall walks, long distant parking, offices are tight, no windows
If your not a kiss up you wont make it
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perry, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Bosses are best friends so you never have anyone to talk to in confidence....Other bosses slept their way up the totum pole
You can never do enough for them without them complaining about something
Loved my coworkers but felt like i was being harrassed before i eventually quit
One nurse told me if i went out an got drunk with our boss she would love me forever and do whatever you wanted that to me is very poor management
Dont go to night shift the doctor will get mad if you even sit in her chair which is not her chair, she didnt pay for it!
Unprofessional, clicks and very unprofessional
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 27, 2018
Stay away !!! I have never experienced anything like this in my entire life ! The work conditions are unacceptable, never have enough supplies, computer shortage and either the building is cold or a sauna !!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Low pay, bad supervisor, unprofessional and bad work conditions.
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Harvest, ALJanuary 9, 2018
I worked as a mental health professional with male inmates who were diagnosed serious mental health illnesses. I learned the importance of comprehensive for the treatment of patients through collaboration with a competent team.
overall great company to work for
Site Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wetumpka, ALDecember 31, 2017
Great company to work for. The management team is highly supportive. They offer a collaborative and solution focused approach to dealing with staff challenges. Most challenges occur while working inside of a prison. There are many problems within the prisons in Alabama which makes it hard to maintain true professionals.
Some positions allow for remote work.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 27, 2017
The company provides necessary tools, but it helps if you are a self-starter, creative and action oriented. I work with a collaborative team who is open to my ideas and solutions.