MHM Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Don't get fooled
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJanuary 10, 2019
Read the reviews and don't get fooled into thinking that things have or will change. The Maryland regional management is only concerned with maintaining the contract and the company profit. They have no genuine concern for the well-being or ethical treatment of clientele or employees. Their practices put clinicians at risk for ethical violations and patents in danger. They will make staff promises as long as it serves them and then take things away (e.g., income, time off, etc..) without notice. Everyone is replaceable. The morale of staff is very low. The turnover is over 150%.
benefits
Cons
hostile work environment
Uncaring, supervisors with too much favortism.
RN Per diem (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 31, 2018
I have worked corrections in past, but the work culture here was unfriendly, no team work. Poor orientation, put to work without computer training. Ask supervisor a question or pronounce their name wrong and they come unglued, start yelling. No place for a professional. Worse experience of my life.
Pros
Correctional officers were ok
Cons
Unfriendly, poor training, rude supervisors.
great to check out potential work sites
Rehabilitation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Atascadero, CADecember 25, 2018
I was contracted to work at Atascadero State Hospital full time as a Rehabilitation Therapist. MHM was great to work with... they communicated their expectations, checked in with me, made it easy to submit my time, and had great benefits.
Pros
great pay
If it was not for the management, it would be a good job.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 21, 2018
They are so desperate for help. The lousy employees are treated well, so they don't quit. The employees that care are treated like trash. There has been no wage increases in the three years that they have had the contract with the D.O.C. The inmates and the officers treat you better then the management does.
Pros
Stable job. Can make an impact on someones life everyday.
Cons
Some employees are toxic
Typical day
CHARGE RN (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 20, 2018
Everyday the shift starts with an 8 o clock meeting. Then each department would separate and begin work in their departments. I would take physician orders and process MARs.
Unorganized and stressful.
Activity Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLDecember 16, 2018
Poor training, unclear expectations, and management seems to have little to no communication with the Activity Therapy staff which impact job responsibilities that vary from day to day. Stressful and somewhat chaotic work environment- not due to the inmates but due to the ways scheduled are managed. The pay is higher than others in the area. Some of the staff are very nice and helpful and other staff add to the stress and chaos of the job.
Pros
pay
Cons
lack of training, support, and communication from management and coworkers
Stressful work environment
LPN corrections Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 14, 2018
Frequent turn over of management.
I enjoy my position and being a positive role model for my inmates.
I look forward to my work days and appreciate my job.
Pros
Positive work enviornment
Cons
Minimal to no breaks
Beware!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 7, 2018
The leadership of MHM Services and GDC is very poor. There is no care or concern for employees nor do they treat employees with respect. If you take a job with MHM Services expect a work culture that includes bullying, intimidation and threats. You can expect to be called profane names by leadership without any consequences. Your workload will be unmanageable due to high turn over. Pay is horrible and not based on education or experience.
Pros
MHM has a generous leave policy but will not pay for leave if you resign.
Cons
Low pay, disrespectful leadership, they do no care about their employees.
A some what confrontational work place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Lunas, NMDecember 5, 2018
During my shift was nice but shifts change was somewhat difficult. There is a lack of management within the facility. Everything is old school such as charting, everything done by paper. There is no computer charting system.
Great trainings and clean beautifl facilities but very poor coworkers cohesion
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 5, 2018
A typical day: After the eight to ten minutes of waiting time between the arrival, clocking in, etc. (usual routine) you would walk towards your place of work. You would notice that Security officers are outstanding, very courteous and respectful. However, once in your arena of expertise (work place); you would be treated with little respect. Even professional-coworkers that had not completed their training would be disrespectful and expect you to follow their so call orders. As a professional you would have to wait for everything. The coworkers professionals would schedule, with other persons outside the place of work; and leave little time for you to be able to perform your daily duties. The most enjoyable part of the job was really sharing with officers and personnel, about military and community services given, and whenever your work would help someone within the population receiving your services. The hardest part of the job was recognizing that your peers coworkers were never your allies. The metaphoric meaning of back-stabbing, a reminder of what happened 50 years B.C. Experienced Professionals will probably leave within the first two weeks. I would recommend the company to lower their expectancies of hiring good professionals.
Pros
Interaction with security guards and trainings
Cons
Quality of peers and coworkers interactions
Mhm is awful
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 4, 2018
Whisle blower company , supervisor of medical records is awful and shows favoritism to her best friend and her cousin who she supervises but according to policy that is not allowed well it does happen the nedicla records supervisor was doing nursing duties with no medical license and company does nothing
Cons
Fun job great experience. Management is terrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grants, NMNovember 30, 2018
Managers have favorites who do not have to help the other hardworking nurses. They hire new nurses and pay them more than their long term nurses. They are bullies and not professional. During audits they hide incriminating information. If the management was professional this would be the perfect job.
Mhm
Speech Language Pathologist and Hearing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ebensburg, PANovember 30, 2018
Good pay, decent benefits. contracts are throughout different states, one job may be totally different than the next, however, my experience was okay. More problems with the facility that I worked in rather than the contract company that employed me.
Limited
Clerk/Observer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 29, 2018
Special type of non where you monitored inmates. Not something everyone can do. Be mindful of your surrounding s. For me it was a per diem contract.....
Good experience
LPN (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, nmNovember 25, 2018
Management needs more education no favorites receives lots of experience with emergencies Needs more staff on weekends more staff at night learned slot about different emergency
Pros
Big company
Cons
Worst Company to work for!
CNA/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Hardee County, FLNovember 24, 2018
These people do NOT care about their staff! Management are bullies and like to micro manage and undermine! Management have their cliques and if they they don't like you, they will do anything to get rid of you! I never worked for a company like these people! It was torture working there and their racist! I reported to corporate numerous of times how i and other staff was getting treated and they could careless!
Current employee
MHM (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PANovember 13, 2018
I saw a review from a disgruntled former employee and felt the need to correct it. We have a new Director that was sent to us to clean house by developing a good team which in turn takes time while developing better strategies for the department. He has been nothing but gracious and a delight to have on the unit and strives for great teamwork. The MHM contract is under re-negotiation with the state, attempting to work in new positions and higher wages for the upcoming year. We have been poorly staffed due to entitled workers who have thus far been fired for (state) incompetence. We now have good hard working employees even though we are incredibly short. We are looking for competent staff to add to a growing team.
Pros
Current positive management and staff
Cons
Staffing
Career oriented, fun place to work.
Project/Facility manager (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 4, 2018
Working with the DOC (department of corrections) with mental and health issues you learn the value of people. You understand the client needs and learn not to take small things for granted. Management believes in its employees and they understand work/life balance. The workplace culture is to always give 110% of whatever you are doing and know that management is 100% behind you. The hardest part of the job is not being able to save everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job is when your hard work and dedication is shown in the customer/clients face!
Pros
life work balance
Cons
always on the clock
Mississippi's Worst STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MississippiOctober 31, 2018
This is the absolute WORST work environment. The staff walks around cussing, talking about sex, making racial slurs, disrespectful to inmates and security staff. The staff medical and security could careless about the client/inmates, they often pass things off to the next shift or say that's not my job, I just disregard inmate complaints all together . The medical department is always short staffed, most of the employees come to work late, management doesn't do anything to the ones who are habitually late. The inmates are more likely to protect you than the security or medical staff. I've been a nurse and worked for the Department of Corrections for many years and this is by far the worst facility I have been in. There is no way I would refer someone to work here. If you apply you will be hired, they are only looking for bodies with a pulse, apply if you dare Don't say you weren't warned.
Pros
I could'nt think of one reason worth staying.
Cons
poor management, No teamwork, staff very racial
Low staff morale, managers are bullies
MHU (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAOctober 23, 2018
Managers have no clue about policy and will discuss your work performance with your coworkers. Turn over is so high, leaving the unit short staffed on many occasions. Upper management are bullies and rule with fear of losing your job. Staff members are punished for reporting inappropriate behaviors of unit management. Nursing staff and Mental Health Workers are over worked and under paid.