MHMR Employee Reviews

Evetyone worked as a team to make it grear for employeees as well as members
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 29, 2018
I really enjoyed the work environment as well aa how helpful and friendly other xo workers are. Great for trainning in whixh ever postition you are employeed in.
Pros
Cons
Hard ro get in
Great job
House Parent (Former Employee) –  Graham, TXApril 11, 2018
It was a good place to grow and learn and you get get to meet amazing people.they are always whiling to work with you and help you out if needed.it was one of the best jobs I had.
Pros
Many
Cons
Good experience but ready for a change
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 1, 2018
ECI has such great potential how It is overshadowed by poor management and unrealistic productivity expectations due to extra duties other than therapy. Therapy is not direct so this is starting to take it’s toll on me. Management is poor. Managers, leads and supervisors have no business being in these positions and are hired/advanced simply based on favoritism. I will miss my families the friendships I’ve made along the way however management is the main issue here. Unfortunately it’s not about the kids or families. Also, no raise since I have hired on. We have received a few bonuses but this comes from MHMR and not ECI.
Pros
Benefits, PTO and flexibility
Cons
Management, productivity and unrealistic expectations
Nice place to work
West Texas Centers MhMr (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXMarch 26, 2018
Nice place to work, clean and safe. Very friendly environment and place to work. Has new things to learn everyday abd very well trained on these things.
Good salary, work/life balance
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 7, 2018
Salary is really good for this community; there are also sick days, vacation days, and a few personal days allowed. Predictable 8-5 schedule and a lot of holiday celebrations/team spirit potlucks and get togethers. This is a very laidback atmosphere sometimes, but it can pick up depending on work flow. Health and Human services has rules that must be followed for Client care and sometimes they aren't "realistic" or practical, and they are still very important, so it can be frustrating. There is some flexibility if you need to request time off. Turnover is high. Upper Management is personable and friendly, always acknowledges you, cares about the Clients. Overall recommend.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
can be very intense field
productive and fast pace learning environment
Clerk IV (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 22, 2018
I would enter work orders, requisitions and invoices into three different systems. I learned how to be accountable. work place was very comfortable. hardest part of the job was sometimes being alone and having to cover a lot of work.
Pros
free lunches, free training
Cons
Not able to grow with the company
Awesome
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Recommend to anyone. Great environmennt. Benefit to the community. Great Boss. PTO and benefits are good. Clients are Awesome. Rewarding job. I miss it
Great job
QMHP ( Mobile Crisis) Outreach Team (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2018
This Job has given me a lot of experience. I would recommend to anyone . It is very busy but they are willing to work with you ti help get you through school.mamagent is Amazing.
This Place is Crazy Unethical
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 30, 2018
The things and conversations I have been witness to turn my stomach. There is favoritism and blatant disregard for their own nepotism policy. The “professionals” I worked with wouldn’t last a minute with their behavior and actions in a truly professional environment. Not only do the employees clique harder than high school seniors, no one even cares to help train or educate new staff and becomes infuriated and indignant if someone asks for assistance. You get zero training from your own manager (because they don’t really know what they’re doing) and you get lectured for not knowing things your supervisor probably should have trained you on...Managment does not care. I have been flat out ignored by my supervisor’s manager when I said hello in the hallway. (I mean, I said hello, they looked at me then looked away and slipped into their office suite with out acknowledging me) I should not have ignored the red flags from the get go but, I did. ie, I was emailed for a job interview, my reply was not acknowledged so I wasn’t even sure I was scheduled to come in... same thing for my second interview... It really hit me when 5 people left my department (Reporting Unit) in five months. I wholeheartedly regret my decision to accept the job
Pros
PTO is better than most places
Cons
Coworkers and management
Horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJanuary 25, 2018
This is a horrible place to work.The work atmosphere is hostile. People get hired and promoted because they are friends, no one advances because of merit. If your not a yes person or part of the "in crowd" they don't want you & will lie and make up reasons to fire you. Nepotism & favoritism runs rampant. I would never suggest anyone work here!
I love to work for them
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 6, 2018
This is a very nice place to work with a lot of potential to get a better position in the same type of job or something similar.
Every morning I arrived at this site at eight o'clock in the morning, first thing I do is to prepare the mail to be ready to put it through a mail processor machine right after that I check the file cabinets so I can begin to file important documents every day. They allow me a break of fifteen minutes after eleven o'clock. And I will take my lunch at twelve or twelve thirty for an hour if I wish.
Pros
It is been a great opportunity for me to learn new skills
Cons
not many hours
stressful, unorganized
intense case management (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 5, 2017
The program I was working in, was new, and management was also new. Very unorganized and not willing for positive feedback from workers. Situations was dealt with in an unprofessional manner.
The supervisor and staff were wonderful to work with. Supervisor made each employees family top priority over work.
Office Manager Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Lampasas, TXNovember 2, 2017
A typical day at work was making sure patient needs were taken care of and their paperwork was up to date. The patients. staff and supervisors were truly a joy to work with. Managements at MHMR was above the norm. Management care for patients and staff in a very caring manner. I learned a great deal about different cultures and the military way of life as well. The hardest part of the job is when there was a patient in crisis. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a patient do well, obtain their goals and be productive.
Pros
Patients and staff as well as good benefits.
Cons
Dealing with patients in crisis
not the best environment
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 30, 2017
this is not the best place to work I was at Sunrise Canyon the management is not pro-employee every they are always only out for themselves and their favorites
great people and enviornment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 3, 2017
The people here are amazing to work for. Great to help out those less fortunate and in need of care. I continue to work here as prn and I enjoy the work I do.
not a very good place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 3, 2017
Pay very low, co workers not very friendly or helpful. No compassion or sensitivity for employees. Benefits not good all. Always made felt you were less than everyone else.
Hostile environment
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXJuly 8, 2017
Did not enjoy working for this company due to the people in charge never wanting to take care of the clients. Their only concern was making it through the day and collecting a paycheck
Pros
Loved working with the clients
Cons
Unable to get needed assistance for clients due to red tape and lazyness
Fun Work place
Human Resources Asst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 4, 2017
MHMR was a great job for me, I learned so much about state procedures in dealing with MHMR. It's a laid back environment and the employees worked together as a team.
Pros
1 hr lunches, and great healthcare, state holidays
Cons
Salary
Administrative Technician (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 6, 2017
The typical work day is quite and you are able to work. I have learned much about the clients and the work culture is very positive. My job really isn't hard or easy.
Management not supportive, poor pay, don't appreciate your skills
RN (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXMay 22, 2017
I was a RN working for MHMRTC. Caseloads were overloaded. Too many clients. Management said they had open door policy but could never find them, in meetings, they show up to work late or their door was closed. Management not supportive of some of their employees. Very poor pay for the amount of work. Company training was great...department training was poor. You basically had to figure it out yourself or ask a lot of questions which your supervisor didn't have time to answer.
Pros
Flex schedules
Cons
Poor pay, bad management