MHMR Employee Reviews

Flexiavle schedule
YesWaiver Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2018
The job allows for a worker to set their own hours and flex their day. if needed, workers can work weekends and take two days off during the week. Each week is different and the worker can arrange the schedule they wish to follow.
unrealistic expectations low pay very good benefits
HCS Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Fort WorthSeptember 9, 2018
There is not enough time in a 40 hour work week to accomplish all that they expect. But they hate to give overtime.

They have a new database that is a disaster. It makes the twenty year old database it is replacing look good. It takes twice as long to enter information as the old database and it doesn't track timelines or reports.

It is a very good place to learn about and work with people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.

People rarely stay longer than a year
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor pay, poor management, unrealistic expectations, high turnover
Good Experience
RCM (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 29, 2018
I have had a good experience at MHMR and only wish there was more room for advance or raises. It is very stressful productivity expectations, but enjoy working with my clients.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Work load
fun place to work
LVN (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 28, 2018
the employees r well like family, but when its time to work you work as a team the clients r more frequent flyers so you have a chance to really get to know them
Pros
good hours
MHMR - Over worked and underpaid- No Raises or Promotions
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2018
Cut throat organization primarily concerned with numbers/bottom line. Great job for students still living at home that don't depend on wages to survive.
Pros
Cons
None competitive salary based upon job requirements
Productive&Fun
Janitorial Manager (Current Employee) –  Brownwood Tx 76801August 21, 2018
Very Challenging! I Love this Job you work with good People who care About People With Disabilitys, We Teach Them how to live on the Out Side World, How To Take Care Of Them Selfs
Great company
Program Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 19, 2018
Dedicated servants to the people of Tarrant County. I would have never left if I didn't have to relocate. My only wish is that they would have a branch in Miami, FL. :D
interesting place to work lots of helicopters being built.
Floor Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi Naval Air station, TXAugust 17, 2018
A very nice place to work ,relaxed environment I learned how to be a perfectionist it was nice to see a dirty floor shine like new again and I felt like I earned my money.n
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
n/a
Stressful place to work but rewarding to help children and their families
Early Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 15, 2018
The hardest part of this job is the amount of time you have to spend on paperwork. The most enjoyable part of this job is helping parents and their children.
Pros
flexible PTO, good benefits
Cons
too much paperwork
Fun Workplace
Medication Tech Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 12, 2018
This is a very fulfilling job.I have learned a lot and have an awesome supervisor and coworker. The ability to help clients in need is worth all the hard work.
Poor Management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TXAugust 11, 2018
The clients are great to work with. The management & most of your co-workers are former addicts. I believe in giving former addicts a second chance, but they should not be in management. The management is very very poor. Strong lack of communication, they just spring anything on you day to day. The management staff is very clickish, they hire their friends that's not even qualified for the position & give them advancement opportunities. If they don't like you, you will get pushed out! They won't give the nurses raises no matter how hard you work or how good you are. I really loved working there but dealing with management was very stressful.
Pros
Working with the clients
Cons
Poor management, very clickish
Rewarding, but stressful
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed the job, but the paperwork aspect was too much. It feels like more than one persons job. It dosen't feel like management understands the job.
Love the people and pto but
Program Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
Job Security is there. Not a bad place to work. A terrible place if you want to advance. I love my coworkers and the hours are super flexible. If you can find out your boss ahead of time do that it makes a lot of difference.
MHMR was a company who cared about the clients served
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 25, 2018
When I worked at MHMR (StarCare) it was much better. The company had a CEO who empathized with the clients and the employees and worked very hard to keep jobs and to keep insurance costs low. The vision was fulfilled by the management staff and employees were cared about. It was a stressful job and always will be but at that time the CEO and directors attempted to assist in anyway that they could.
stressful
Clinic Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2018
In my position, one had to be very organized, manage time, and be efficient at the job. it is very time demanding. the hardest part of the job was having such a heavy load and not enough hours in the day.
benefits
Cons
little time to do all
Typical day of work
Residential Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2018
When at work the timing and hours worked were great. There Were always an possibility of being able to work extra hours when needed. The management showed care and understanding towards clients and employees.
Poor management
Addictions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pine StreetJuly 5, 2018
Management appears to care little for their employees and cliques and supervisors forming personal relationships with employees is common. Clients are deserving and grateful for the most part but the toxic work culture belies the company philosophy that we are here to serve the clientele. I learned a lot while working there but did not feel like my skills and expertise were valued or appreciated.
Pros
casual dress code
Cons
management does not support employees
Love working with the population that I work with
Rehabilitative Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2018
Good place to work but needs to compensate employees with a raise at least once a year. Should have more team building activities due to the stress that occurs.
Flexible schedule but underpaid and overworked
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 27, 2018
You typically set your own schedule and see families/clients how you want. The amount of work that is requested does not match the pay that has been offered. On one occasion, i had to speak with HR due to having questions about the salary offered versus what my paychecks actually looked like. I was given the run-around and sad to say nothing was ever fixed.

Management constantly finds ways to chew out employees for not meeting their guidelines and take no time to try to understand that some of the standards set are nearly impossible without cheating the system. Asking questions when you do not understand is pointless, as no one in management ever has answers.

the one good thing i can say is that you have the flexibility to do what you want and still get your work done.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low pay, over worker, no room for advancement
Great culture and management
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. The thing that sticks out the most was the positive work environment and friendly managements. The benefits were excellent as well.