MHMR Employee Reviews

Management is bad
Agency Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 22, 2019
Wouldn’t suggest the agency to anyone really there always gossipping instead of working. The reason I was laid off was for them to merge my position with another position and basically I was offered to move to another position but it was 10k less.
Extremely busy job
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76119April 21, 2019
They require for a person to have a degree, but aren't paying degree salary. The manager was a micro-manager. You have to document everything and ride all over town. You will mostly work off the clock just to keep up. You can easily fall behind if you aren't careful. I loved my clients that's the main reason that I stayed as long as I did.
Pros
Client base.
Cons
Many cons low salary, micro-manager, over worked underpaid.
Service Coordinator
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2019
Unrealistic workload
More work than time
People are numbers (Far from person centered)
High turnover
Fear of being fired due to numbers not met
Low pay with no increase
Pros
Some flexibility
Cons
Pay
Great workplace
Caregiver/Residential Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 11, 2019
Awesome company and team to work with. Lots of training, answered questions, and good reviews. On site training, plenty of coworkers to help with your needs. Really good pleasure working with different personalities and learning new people.
Meaningful work, but overworked and underpaid
Texas- QMHP (Former Employee) –  Tarrant County, TXMarch 28, 2019
All I can say is non-profit. You get the opportunity to really make a difference, BUT overworked, understaffed and underpaid..................................
Pros
Changing lives
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
productivity and a better place to learn.
RN Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 25, 2019
I enjoyed work at MHMR and I learned a lot at MHMR. I do like their benefits. MHMR is a workplace culture. the most enjoyable part I like when working at MHMR is flexibility of schedule.
A Great First Job- for Behavioral Health
Adult BH Quality Specialist- Peer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 23, 2019
The training is good but there is a constant culture of change. Experiences vary between departments, and programs. The job is stressful but empowering. It helped me figure out the direction I want to take my career. I am grateful for the knowledge I am learning here and the work life balance and benefits are good, but the salary is low. Great for starting out but, not a good fit for single parents.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
High Stress
Meh
Rehabilitation Case Manager/QMHP (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 19, 2019
This is an okay entry-level position for individuals JUST STARTING out in the social services/mental health field. If you have at least two years of experience, you will feel as if you are hindered from utilizing your experience/education to help the individuals you serve. The pay sucks, but benefits are pretty good. My location had a pretty decent team. The doctors and management were pretty great, but you could tell who hated their jobs just by how long they had been there and the complaints they made. If you plan on becoming licensed in something, I would get your hours and move on, cause advancement here is few and far between; you really do have to know someone to move up. This position is also great if you like flexibility: Once you're done you can go home for the day. You get to drive around and go from house to house visiting clients and checking up on them and such. It's kinda fun, but I hate going into other people's houses. Luckily my location had cars to use, which is RARE in this field. Sometimes I had to use my car, but mostly I used the company cars, and if you do use your car you DO get reimbursed very well for mileage. Turnover is high here. Get your hours, get out. This is not a job to retire from, and you can tell cause some people want to leave but they "can't" cause the retirement is too good apparently.
Pros
Flexibility, insurance, vendor lunches at least once a week
Cons
Money-driven, best practices not utilized
Bad management and worse culture
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Tarrant County, TXMarch 19, 2019
Even when I first started I was told they would find any reason to fire you and upper management is useless. Well, they'll also do their best to make you quit. Basically just harrass you until you realize the pay and benefits are not worth the trouble. If you can get past that, then the benefits are good and the work hours are great. The pay is pretty low, but that's normal with the type of company. There's no supportive culture in the offices. Any conversation will be twisted and come back against you. If there's nothing to twist, someone will make something up. I didn't have problems with upper management, but I didn't bother getting them involved. The job itself is good. Most of them are rewarding if you like helping people. That's the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
Pros
Great hours, good benefits
Cons
Management, job security, stress level, low pay, awful work environment and culture
Very stressful and advanced work
RESIDENTIAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 5, 2019
I really enjoyed working at MHMR, but when it was time to tie my education/ work together the company denied it. I was a success story for this company, but when ut came time for me to do internship I was denied
Pros
A Job
Cons
You never knew what you would come up against( Clients)
Depends on department and staff that you work with
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 14, 2019
Collaborative work. Working for the company overall can be confusing if you are not the type of individual who seeks to find information on your own. The company offers many rewards, primarily being able to help others and empower them to do more for htmeselves.
Work palce
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Workplace environment was fast paced. Would follow up with client's to see if they needed any resources. These resources would empower the client's to have obtain much needed resources in the community.
Great work environment
Clerk IV (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 1, 2019
This is a great place to work. They company does great things for the community. The management is great and it is an enjoyable place to work. Would definitely recommend as a place to work.
Competitive Work Environment
Substance Abuse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 31, 2019
Typical day at work usually consists of constantly being on your feet and always being aware of all clients. Staff here are very friendly and always willing to help with any questions you have. The most part I enjoy about my position here at MHMR is seeing clients come up to you and letting you know that you helped them get through a situation that they felt they couldn't do on their own.
Great benefits/good people
Forensic Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2019
MHMR is a good company to work for. The pay is not the best but the benefits are very good. The work/life balance is great. The people who work here like helping others.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
pay more
Developmental Therapist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 10, 2019
the management need to focus more on employer health and changes occur frequently and also no room for growth and they need to pay their ECI more if they require them to do more.
MHMR is a decent place to work.
Substance Abuse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2019
MHMR is necessary and needed. Working there is a challenge. There is alot of favorism there and not much room for advancement. I left there to take another job with more opportunity...but it fell through.
Helping People is the Objective
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 6, 2019
MHMR has always been person-centered. The most important person is the Client. Making sure all their needs are meet can be a bit overwhelming at times. But they do the best they can.
Pros
Attend fun events
Cons
No pay raises
n/a
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2019
I do not want to write a review.
great company
flexible schedule
never a dull moment
new system
more work
management is ok
hard to move up, you have to know someone.
Management sometimes block, you from moving up due to that will make them short staffed.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 3, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the company. I've learned so many managements skills. The hardest part of this jobs is seeing the clients we serve that doesn't have families or home visits we as staff are they family.