MHW Ltd Employee Reviews

No Training
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJuly 9, 2019
My biggest complaint is they need to invest in a great training program to help combat the level of stress and work load you receive on a daily basis .
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Nooooo Proper training so your only left to eventually fail
Stop this survey
Importing & Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Corn Canyon, NMNovember 20, 2018
I am trying to get a job not fill out this survey please make this an optional survey ] please I like eggs and turtles what of it what about us what about all the good things and the bad things what about frankfurters
Horrible Company and Management
Data Specialist / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYAugust 10, 2018
You know there is a problem when management cannot be depended upon and expect you to learn new processes overnight. Interview after interview looking for people who will accept a salary that can support no one.
Do NOT Work Here
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJune 22, 2018
The only benefit was meeting the owners of the Brands as they understood the plight that the workers went through. The management could be better run by a 5th grader. Nepotism, unfair wages, uneducated managers, limited advancement and a clear bias at those they care for.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Nepotism, Biased
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYApril 23, 2018
My typical day started with checking my emails. I would then follow up with my incoming containers and status of incoming shipments, I would received and processes clients Wholesale and Retail Orders. Some of my other duties included maintaining client inventory and researching any discrepancy I have developed experience in problem-solving, decision-making, communication,
Manage a team of 6 people daily
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYAugust 11, 2017
A typical day at my company is usulaaly very fast pace, you must be able to multi task.
A lot of management meeting to attend, most of them usually productive.

Worked on reconciling the inventory is easy but can be the hardest when you cannot find the discrepancy.

The most enjoyable part is when we gather together for month end closing.
The is a very productive and fast growing company
Lead Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJune 17, 2017
My typical day at work is starting off by opening up outlook and checking to see if there are any issues that need immediate attention, I then open up my logistics email box to check to see if there are any new containers clients would like to move. I then send out any entry packets to broker to customs clear all containers due to arrive in the next five days. I then start training other co-workers on the process on logistics. Logistics is a very on going learning process that teaches me everyday. Management is always available to answer any questions that may arise if needed, The culture of the workplace if very versatile, there are many different cultures. There is no hardest part of the job in my opinion. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have gotten out a few more containers for the day without any of the going into demurrage.
Pros
There are free lunches at times and special events
Cons
the health benefits are not all that great
Limited Potential
Logistics and Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYNovember 16, 2016
Great entry level position, but quickly get stuck behind a ton of other managers. They do not promote based upon ability, but by seniority. They were nice, but quickly needed to leave to advance in responsibility and income.
Pros
Free bagels on month end
Cons
Low salary, benefits, and restrictions on time off
Encourage creative thinking, strong problem solving skills, and required advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (VBA)
Accounting Supervisor and Data Analyst  (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJuly 22, 2013
A typical work day would include supervising accounts payable to ensure timely payments to key vendors, data analysis was an essential work function, and maintaining strong relationships with large vendors and clients.

The most enjoyable part of this job is that they really embrace recommendations for process improvement. There was also a lot of room for advancement. I started in an entry level compliance position and now I work direct for the CFO and the Controller of the Accounting Dept.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Needs more structure in terms of organizational hierarchy