Miami Dade College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Working with the staff was fun
Undergraduate Manger (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2018
Most employees are paid as part-time workers, thus it does not really compensate a person fairly at all. Must Junior Colleges have underpaid staff members and Miami Dade College is not an exception. However, working with the group of people I got to work with was fun.
rude students
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  kendallJuly 13, 2018
bad management and unorganzied, rude students and low pay. no raises and no paid sick days. Hardest part was dealing with annoying parents who dont understand we cant give out student information
No opportunity for advancement
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJuly 10, 2018
Majority of jobs are part time with not much opportunity for full time jobs. Much is expected from part time employees while there is no chance to advance.
Love my job
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Westview, FLJuly 10, 2018
I love my job. The work is fulfilling and doesn't drain me. My students are lights in my day, and management is overall great. Of course there are quirks here and there, but I can't complain. I adore my director; best boss I've ever had. I wish I could give this job 5 stars; it's more like 4.5. The reason being that I cant work more than 25 hours and have no benefits. With my health issues, I wish I had at least minimal benefits, so it could help me manage my life. Apart from this, my job keeps me stimulated mentally and physically, and provides me the opportunity to share my empathy and knowledge with my community students. Thank you MDC!
Pros
Great supervisor, fun and challenging work, nurturing and caring environment
Cons
No benefits
Slow paced convinient location
Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 9, 2018
Order supplies answer phones, file, organize our files, schedule meetings stay on top of the calendar with current events. Deliver important papers from one side of the campus to another,
Pros
Convinient Location, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Poor pay, not alot of hours
Good for students
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 9, 2018
Students who are in college and want to make a few extra bucks should definitely try work-study opportunities since they can get a balanced life/ work situation. People are nice and understanding and work does not interfere with school.
I love this place.
Science Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 2, 2018
In MDC is a high-quality teacher and learning experiences. So, It changes live through accessible prices of the classes.
Thanks for give me the opportunities to work there.
Relaxed, but confusing
Academic & Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 2, 2018
Miami Dade College is a relaxed environment, but I would not recommend working there part-time. Also, cross-training needs to be improved. There is a lot of confusion and misinformation that occurs leaving students frustrated and feeling like they've been giving the "run-around."
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Miscommunication
Fun workplace with kids and games
Camp Counselor - Kids and Teens College (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 28, 2018
It was a great summer job. I love kids and working with them in summer camp was fun and enjoyable. The staff was very nice and at times it got crazy with the kids but we worked together to calm things down.
The best Higher Education environmentsI've encountered.
PROJECT MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 28, 2018
Largely, the workplace culture is communal. People are willing to pitch-in and contribute. The College provides opportunity to participate in multiple committees and projects adding to the richness of the experience.
Pros
Usually, a relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
Some positions are grant funded and therefore temporary.
Awesome & Best Place to work
STUDENT SERVICES ASSISTANT II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 27, 2018
The Best Place To Work and I will never regret working for MDC. it is a busy place to for, and co- workers are very friendly. leaving will break my heart.
Steady-paced work environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 26, 2018
Working as a student assistant was fairly nice. The office was quiet and you were given a lot of time for yourself to work on homework if your assistance was not needed at the moment.
Pros
flexible hours, easy job
Cons
quiet
Business of Learning
AutoCAD Drafter Data entry (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLJune 25, 2018
Working at a School is an opportunity to consistently advance your skills/experience and education. Working with a team whose job is to ensure that Teaching is the number one priority, this really reassures great work ethic and motivated me to do my best.
nice
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2018
the staff is ok with but the pay is to low for part time with nice 401k and it good to meet new people and friendly environment to work with nice to meet new people.
Productive work environment
Writing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 20, 2018
Depending on the semester, a work day at Miami Dade College can be very different. The summers are often slow with students coming in for tutoring or assistance on their writing only a few times a day. The spring and fall semesters however are intense and stressful with hordes of students coming in to have their essays revised. The workplace culture is very healthy with cooperative and capable coworkers. Management at MDC makes sure we are on task. They keep us from making any errors and they are very accommodating to changes in schedule as well. Working at MDC I learned how to work in a professional setting and provide a high level of customer service to students.
Pros
Job Work/Life Balance, Job Culture
Cons
Job Security/Advancement, Compensation/Benefits
Vibrant Miami Community
Adjunct Baking and Pastry Instructor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 11, 2018
The environment is vibrant, lots of events, the college used to be the largest community college in The US. It became a College, but to the instructors there were no updates, not compatible with the new status and the college size and reputation. In 6 years not even 1 position for FT was added, so if you work here there are no benefits, not enough working hours eventhough there is a lot of free working hours from the instructors.Personally this is my dream job, I get inspired by the environment, students, community, but the college administration is not devoted to value teachers and instructors.
Pros
Environment
Cons
No positions for FT
AV Assistant
A/V Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2018
Working at Miami Dade College was a fun and very good experience. The environment was relaxed, the work was good, and I loved the North Campus. I got good relationships with my peers and I had a lot of fun.
Pros
Campus view, well organized, good environment
Cons
low pay
Executive Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 4, 2018
Absolutely great place to work. Everyone is caring and loving to each other. The job was intriguing i met different kinds of people everyday. Not only that I got to put student ideas in motion.
Very relaxed
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJune 1, 2018
No stress unless you are a full-timer, make sure to have a balance of classes and work hours, very flexible but do not outdo yourself. You can’t work unless you are taking classes.
Steady work but poor renumeration
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 31, 2018
They pay adjuncts the same regardless if you have a doctorate or a masters degree. The pay for adjuncts does not go up very fast compared to full-time faculty. They take advantage of adjuncts. However, this is a decent place to work.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
renumeration