Miami Dade College Employee Reviews

fun workplace
VISTA Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2018
everyone got along, we all work together to get the job done. my might have our different but will put it a aside for the students. i really enjoy working with the students and seeing how i can help them in any way.
Challenging place.
Primary instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 8, 2018
Students come from difficult background, it makes you feel useful for them, as you can actually make a difference in their life by getting them interested in philosophy.
A good place to work
Team-worker (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLNovember 6, 2018
Is a place where you leanr a lot. You get to know very nice peopleto work with. You have the opportunity to have a flexible schedule. I really recommend work in Miami Dade College if you are a student who needs to get some work experience
Student Clerk (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLNovember 6, 2018
Here its a good environment, the workers are very friendly, I get to assist student in what they need, printing things out ad help on the computer like things on Microsoft. I answer incoming phone calls. Make sure to keep the place nice and neat.
Pros
Get to do my school work
Cons
Not enough hours
Relaxed Job, Perfect for Full-Time Students
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLNovember 1, 2018
Working as a student assistant at Miami-Dade College was great, perfect as a first job and showed me basic office skills that can be applied to virtually any career. The pay was pretty low but other than that, the work environment was very stress-free, the management was very relaxed and understanding. You get weekends off and they work around your school schedule and allow you to complete homework on your down-time. You get vacations off as the schedule is the same as the school's schedule (winter break and thanksgiving break off), and you get a lot of face-to-face interaction with students. Great as a foundation for your resume and work experience, very youthful vibe.
Pros
Vacations, great work/life balance, stress-free environment
Cons
Low pay, short breaks
good place to work for
Part-Time Adult Education (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 30, 2018
I like the freedom to prepare my classes my way
It does not make sense that I have to be writing here for the sake of filling a requirement of the amount of characters.
As a programmer, this is bad design and the amount of characters should be free
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 28, 2018
Full time hours vary per week. Contact HR for minimum hours possible for full time status. Teaching postions involve working with college age students in multiple departments. Management works on rank system.
good
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 25, 2018
good
it will be wonderful if
Jesus is invited :)
excellence service
great
The class is good
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLOctober 19, 2018
I Wouldlike to say that is Good place for working because the people work withou pressure, and you Airways received you check withou afraid.They pay exact.
Pros
No free lunch
A fully professional place to work for
Campus Coordinator, College Reach-Out Program (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2018
Tasks are assigned with clear goals and objectives, Urgency of assignments is emphasized as needed and superiors are always ready to support employees to guarantee the proper completion of all assignments
Pros
Professional and "moralizing"
Cons
Assignments are changed suddenly
Mdc
Adjunct Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FL 33012October 16, 2018
I have been working for Miami Dade College for two months and so far this is the best school that I have worked for, and I have been an instructor for almost 10 years.
Worked there for a long time
Student Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 16, 2018
All went well until I was transferred to the last department which I was framed by co-workers which I found out years later. I did my work and worked long hours to assist students to the best of my abilities.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Staff jealous for unnecessary reasons
Mdc
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 9, 2018
It's a fair place to work. I have enjoyed the experience. Great team and family oriented atmosphere in my department. College can grow more with the right leaders in place.
Wonderful place to work
Instructional Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2018
This is a very family oriented place to work. We treat each other like family and respect each other in the same way. A great way to help students continue with their future and you get to see it first hand. Right there as it happens.
A day at work
Student assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 3, 2018
Work at my college campus was good, it had it's busy and slow days depending on what time of the semester. I learned how to work with the public.I liked my job because my co-workers were good to work with.
It was a relaxed job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLSeptember 30, 2018
As an International Student, I could not work outside the campus, so I decided to work one semester at school. It was great! I got to know more about the school culture, to interact with other students and professors and also develop my confidence in the English language.

The job consisted in helping the students to get information, schedules, directions on campus etc.
My First Job Experience
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2018
I was always welcomed in my college. It was nice they offer jobs for students and international students to regain some work experience for their first years. I never had a job when I turned 19. Working with the staff was awesome mostly in the New Student Recruitment Department. Sometimes the workplace gets overstaffed but there is always work that needs to be done.
Pros
Tasks, Events, Safe
Cons
Short breaks, overstafed
Muti ethnic job
Computer Operator III (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 29, 2018
All kind of races, nationalities and good experiences if you are open minded and if you know the cultures. Very nice people and good benefits, best college in USA
Pros
people are nice at campus
Cons
offices are small
it was somewhat decent.
Part- time Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLSeptember 28, 2018
It didn't last very long and i wish i would've got paid more for working there. The overall experience is pretty good you learn good customer service skills.
Fast paced environment.
Secretary III (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2018
The workplace environment has many learning moments and collaborative creativity. There are numerous opportunities to participate and attend educational and cultural events.