Miami Dade College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Productive work environment
Writing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 20, 2018
Depending on the semester, a work day at Miami Dade College can be very different. The summers are often slow with students coming in for tutoring or assistance on their writing only a few times a day. The spring and fall semesters however are intense and stressful with hordes of students coming in to have their essays revised. The workplace culture is very healthy with cooperative and capable coworkers. Management at MDC makes sure we are on task. They keep us from making any errors and they are very accommodating to changes in schedule as well. Working at MDC I learned how to work in a professional setting and provide a high level of customer service to students.
Pros
Job Work/Life Balance, Job Culture
Cons
Job Security/Advancement, Compensation/Benefits
Vibrant Miami Community
Adjunct Baking and Pastry Instructor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 11, 2018
The environment is vibrant, lots of events, the college used to be the largest community college in The US. It became a College, but to the instructors there were no updates, not compatible with the new status and the college size and reputation. In 6 years not even 1 position for FT was added, so if you work here there are no benefits, not enough working hours eventhough there is a lot of free working hours from the instructors.Personally this is my dream job, I get inspired by the environment, students, community, but the college administration is not devoted to value teachers and instructors.
Pros
Environment
Cons
No positions for FT
AV Assistant
A/V Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2018
Working at Miami Dade College was a fun and very good experience. The environment was relaxed, the work was good, and I loved the North Campus. I got good relationships with my peers and I had a lot of fun.
Pros
Campus view, well organized, good environment
Cons
low pay
Executive Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 4, 2018
Absolutely great place to work. Everyone is caring and loving to each other. The job was intriguing i met different kinds of people everyday. Not only that I got to put student ideas in motion.
Very relaxed
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJune 1, 2018
No stress unless you are a full-timer, make sure to have a balance of classes and work hours, very flexible but do not outdo yourself. You can’t work unless you are taking classes.
Steady work but poor renumeration
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 31, 2018
They pay adjuncts the same regardless if you have a doctorate or a masters degree. The pay for adjuncts does not go up very fast compared to full-time faculty. They take advantage of adjuncts. However, this is a decent place to work.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
renumeration
Awesome job
STEM Learning Assistant/ Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMay 30, 2018
If you’re a student at Miami Dade College, it’s the best place to work. They work around your school schedule and are very understanding when it comes to student needs.
Not a recommended employer
Admissions & Registration (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 28, 2018
Work is very easy, but work place is very stressful... most days feel like you’re walking on eggshells about to get fired for anything out of the blue. If possible look elsewhere would be my honest recommendation/opinion.
It was really nice working there
Peer Academic Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 28, 2018
The other employees were really friendly and helpful.

As an English major working as a tutor helped me improve my writing by assisting other students. I really enjoyed working there, it was great place to grow and get involved on campus.
Good part-time work.
Adjunct Professor of Psychology (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 24, 2018
Adjunct professor for 10 years. Good professional environment. Many campuses to work at when adjuncts are needed. Little opportunity for full time work. At times there are few offers to teach even part time.
Student/ Tutor
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 24, 2018
I was a student at Miami Dade College, and I also work at the Students with Disability office. My last two year at Miami Dade is when I started working with them. It was a great time.
Good place to work when you get out of high school
Student Assistant/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2018
Working at the college was a great experience, even though, the pay was low for the work you do. Management was excellent and very caring. I would recommend to anyone who is fresh out of high school and wants a job that is close to school.
Miami Dade College is the Best
ESOL INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2018
Miami Dade College is quite simply the best place to work for tutors and educators. The staff are friendly and helpful. As you work there, you learn new and interesting skills from other teachers.
Typical
Full-Time Lead Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 22, 2018
It is all good but if you want to move up from part time to full time, you have to know somebody. Management here where i work is lacking brain cells.
I taught 1-2 adjunct classes per semester.. Very well organized program.
Part-Time Clinical Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 20, 2018
I enjoyed teaching enthusiastic adult nursing students in a clinical setting. I was able to select times that worked with my work schedule. I was paid an good per dium salary and received only retirement benefit as part time employee.
Pros
Teaching adjunct worked well with my schedule, students with great attitudes of wanting to learn
Cons
No cons
assist customers with directions.
Student organization staff (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2018
When I was working at Miami-Dade College, I would help new students find their way around the campus and also help with applying for the school. I would also answer the phones and answer any questions the students would have
Review
Project Director Child Care Training (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMay 16, 2018
The most difficult part of the position is the day-to-day rigors of meeting the program's deadlines along with assisting students with issues they face regarding their certification. The most enjoyable aspect of the job are the networking opportunities that I am provided and the ability to work within a team environment.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Dealing with day-to-day isuues that arise
Great work life balance and purpose
Human Resource Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 14, 2018
MDC is a fantastic place to work. The work life balance coupled with benefits and overall security makes it a premier work location. Educational incentives are provided and should be taken advantage of.
Loose Secure office
Laboratory Instructor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 12, 2018
My supervisor is not a micro-manager, so work life is easy going and very care free. the job was not very demanding 90% of the time. Advancement is hard and very restrictive. Benefits do not come with part-time jobs. The overall culture is restrictive and all over the school, people work and walk on eggshells, afraid to go outside their box or go beyond their job to help the population grow in any way. "It'd not my job" is the thought of reference for every position. Makes employees and student feel helpless.

Very vengeful administration. The sight of this review could get me fired, for no reason.
Cons
benefits, salary, upward mobility, job security
Since this was a short term contract there was not much time to do anything productive
Campus Director, Grants (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2018
The problem here was that I applied for my supervisor' position. This made it difficult because prior to that we worked for competing companies in the same industry and covered the same area. I did apply for the position but was invited by the institution and accepted no knowing who my supervisor was. It appears that my supervisor wanted to demonstrate to me that she was my boss and put me in my place.
Pros
Provided short term employment while intransition between jobs
Cons
Was employed by a person I had competed with for the executive position