Miami Dade College Employee Reviews

Ambiente laboral tranquilo con trabajadores agradables
Peer Lead Team Learning (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLFebruary 18, 2019
Ingresar a las instalaciones que siempre permanecían impecables y bien decoradas.
Accesar a la plataforma de gestión de empleados, en la cual se lleva un registro y control de horas trabajadas.
Mi cargo es de tutor de calculo I, donde aprendí a combatir la pena, miedo escénico, y tener mas seguridad de mi mismo.
Perdí la pena de hablar con los estudiantes, hasta el punto de ir a sus clases e invitarlos a que se unan a las tutorias.

El equipo de trabajo es excelente, bastante colaborador y solidario, ademas de responsable.
Pros
You got everything you need to work, well-appointed.
Cons
Low Salary
Summer Research
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2019
The research itself was a little boring but it was nice to make some money over the summer and have something to put on my resume before graduating with a bachelors.
I was seasonal
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2019
I work at the college right after highschool and I only worked for 3 months because I was seasonal. But the little bit I worked there was amazing. Everyone was sweet and extremely kind and helped me understand how to work things as it was my first job.
Good
STEM Learning Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2019
Good job to be able to grow in your studies and dedicate more time to it. A lot of good references and good to build relationship with professors as well as supervisors.
Usual day
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJanuary 30, 2019
It is always busy. However, you learn a had full skills every day.
• Prepare activities for the student life department.
• Give career advice to future MDC students at local high schools.
• Organize and conduct meetings for the Hialeah campus student government body.
MDC-Wolfson Learning Assistant Review
Learning Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 27, 2019
Working at MDC-Wolfson was a peaceful relaxed environment. It's the best networking setting for an undergraduate without bills to pay. The staff and management are amazing friendly individuals. On the opposite hand, the job does not offer a fair salary.
Great
School Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2019
This is a great place to work. Their are two teachers assign to each classroom. The adminstration were very fair, in all that they did. I was able to comlete all my assignmnets at the job, and I did not have to bring any of my work at home.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Do Home Work
Great environment
STEM Math Mentor/ Tutor (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 23, 2019
MDC is a great company to work for; however, it is very hard to grow. I've been working for MDC for almost 10 years, throughout those years, I've been applying for different full-time positions that I'm qualified for and still have not been hired.
a job option at school
Events & Rental Clerk, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL, USJanuary 21, 2019
>Great place,
>Good training.
>Interesting Place to work.
>Get to practice my education.
>Get to know new people.
>Good paid.
>Great benefits, paid
Pros
at school
Cons
equipment
stident
Student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2019
good school to attend. has many degrees to choose from. great way to start your career path. I got a few certification from here and they have help me with my career growth.
A lot of potential for both good and bad experiences
Program Leader/Student Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Big enough to disappear in a mass of students or shine too bright within your own little world. Faculty and Student Services are committed to meeting the academic goals of students. Promotions mostly based on who you know and not what you know.
Pros
locations
Cons
Leadership
Fulfilling and fun
Peer Leader Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2019
I was in charge of sharing my chemistry knowledge with the college students to make it easier for them to understand key concepts. I enjoyed teaching.
Had great time
PHARMACY TECH TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2019
A lot of time put into it and it was worth it. There are times when you want to quit, but pushing through it all was well worth the effort to get the opportunities I have now.
Generally a nice place to work
Adjunct Professor, Engineering and Technology (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Going full time is nearly impossible. Assigned courses can be pulled at the last minute and assigned to full time faculty. Getting to teach a full load (7 courses annually) is next to impossible especially at the same campus. We need the union for the adjuncts as it may resolve some issues.
Pros
None specific.
Cons
No job security.
Good
PART TIME ADMISSIONS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Working at miami dade can be stressful but anyone can do. the people there are very cool and understanding. I learned a lot there and one thing i loved about it is they can help with you with your financial aid and admissions.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Awesome employer! Love it. The best place to teach in the TriCounty area.

I have worked at 4 campuses.

Hialeah is the best (students, administrative support, efficiency, autonomy), then North Campus (students ill prepared for college but the sweetest most hard working most fun students. Sadly, they have no clue how to navigate concerns), West Campus (petty admin follows up on every minor student complaint/tend to coddle students way too much/ students abusive to faculty) and last place Wolfson (rude exceptionally academically deficient students, detached admin).
Pros
Cons
Students are exceptionally academically deficient. Anyone is accepted. Sad.
Just quick review
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 20, 2018
The most I enjoy is to work with students and know that I can do a little impact on their education. To get a full time job, you need to have a person that help you on getting at least an interview.
Workplace culture
PROGRAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLDecember 19, 2018
I had excellent people as my bosses, So, it was really nice to work there. Unfortunately, my tasks were often too basic for my knowledge, experience and career goals. Yet, I was given opportunities to do 'extra' tasks and teach as an adjunct professor. I appreciated it and feel grateful to MDC,
Pros
Good workplace, relatively cheap cost of living
Cons
not challenging tasks
Very hard to get into a full-time position
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 17, 2018
Great college to work for. Everybody is supportive. I enjoy working with students of all backgrounds and putting a smile on their faces. The only problem that I do not like is that is very hard to advance into a full time position unless you know someone who knows someone within a department. Too much favoritism and nepotism.
Pros
Flexibility, good coworkers
Cons
nepotism, no benefits, no paid vacations
Miami Dade College
Part-time adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 12, 2018
I worked as an independent contractor instructor for the Microcomputer Institute. I taught evening and weekend classes in various computer topics: Microsoft Office, Internet, HTML. Pay was good. I really enjoyed working there.