Miami Dade College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Enjoyable workplace
Lab technician at Science Lab Department (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLMay 9, 2018
Perfect work environment and co-workers. Availability of all the
tools and materials needed to work.
It would be the ideal place to work if I you get a full time.
Good place to work if you're a student.
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMay 3, 2018
MDC is a great place to work if you are currently studying or have another job. I say this because if you have a Part Time position you are not allowed to work more than 25 hours. This in my opinion is very little time and the pay usually does not exceed $10-$11 an hour unless its a full time or you have a Bachelors degree. Also, some coworkers are hard to deal with here but for the most part most of them are cool. MDC is a good place to work if you are studying and dont mind short hours and little pay but if you are trying to make a living without a bachelors or masters degree a full time here is not possible and even then I know people here with bachelors and years experience getting paid way less than they should.
Pros
Good hours, nice coworkers, compassionate supervisors.
Cons
little pay, few hours allowed, little flexibility
Adjunct Professor
Part-time Professor (Business Accounting) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 1, 2018
I love teaching for this college. I have not realized how much, I enjoyed it until my semester. I really do not intend to leave this position and would like to hold on to it as much as possible; however, I work part-time and I need to do more in my accounting to help me earn a higher living. If you have the patience, interest, qualifications and skills to teach, I strongly recommend doing it. I am growing as a leader, learning to be more organized, and multi-taking skills have substantially increased.
Pros
Working environment, growth, staff, and managment
Cons
My position is part-time
Productive Adjunct Profession
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 30, 2018
Working with adults opportunity. Different cultures involved. Respectful ambiance. Night shifts. Technology available. Communication mostly online. Professional.
Pros
Self-motivated Pupils
Cons
Not a full time job
Good Place
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 26, 2018
Working at Miami Dade College was a great experience i was able to meet new and interesting people.It was a great environment with lots of students and faculty members.
Great place.
Student Life Clerk (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLApril 26, 2018
Job is very relax and not a lot of pressure. The department I work in consist of giving students I.D's and Decals, which is pretty easy. Work load gets a little heavy when there's a lot of events on campus.
Great Place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 25, 2018
Good environment, culture and people. Continuous learning and great pay. Co-workers are helpful to employees as well as the students. Managers have an open door policy, always ready to listen. Would like to be full-time.
Pros
Cons
Part-time, no benefits.
Very nice
Front Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 23, 2018
I love working at Miami Dade College. All of my coworkers were nice and friendly there. I had the best manager and work was relatively easy and relaxing
Relaxed work place
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 22, 2018
This job was very relaxed. There was no time table for work to get done just as long that it was one. Management was ok but very stressful on certain tasks. The benefits are great but the lack of growth for a career was not there.
Pros
relax work place
Cons
low pay
Fun
French Tutor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 20, 2018
Interactive, Fun stressed free environment.
practiced with Spanish speaking students.
A wonderful melting pot.
Relocating for school.
Learning about other culture.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Good work environment, team and management
Testing Procter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 19, 2018
One of the best departments in MDC great staff and management. Good place to grow and move up in the company. great pay for job duties and responsibilities
Great Place to work for
Academic and Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLApril 18, 2018
MDC provides opportunities, constantly prepare yourself to grow and learn and be ready for when the opportunities are available. Over the years of work at the college, I have been submerge into different projects preparing me for each opportunities as they come. I participate on different projects on and off campus, in order to be expose to different ideas. The college makes these opportunities possible.
Student Services Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 18, 2018
MDC is invested in its employees. I greatly appreciate the professional growth I've gained here. This is a place that is deeply rooted in the community
great place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 13, 2018
Very welcoming atmosphere to work in. The administrators are very helpful and work with each other as in a team. Advisors are dedicated to helping students.
Cons
limited full-time opportunities
My Work Experience at MDC
Network Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 11, 2018
Everything I know, my work ethics and desire to help students was embedded my the different supervisors and employees that I met at the College. Outstanding commencement to student and excellent support to employees
Good for work study
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 5, 2018
A good job for a first-year college student looking for extra money doing work study at school. Hours are not long so there enough time for studying and other activities outside of school.
MDC North Campus
PBX-Operator Part-Time Private Branch Exchange (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 5, 2018
I am working as a Dispatcher/PBX-Operator in Public safety department. My typical day will start by receiving calls from everywhere and dispatching calls to the public safety officers to open and secure doors. It will be like that until I clock out from work. Sometime , I deal with emergency cases such as sick students or professors.

I mainly learn how to be extremely patient with all customers including coworkers. I meet different people, and I really enjoy working with different culture.

Management is understanding and willing to work with you, especially when students are upset. You are trained and treated well. It is a part time position, so I am looking for better opportunities and more experiences.

The work is challenging when the professors or students choose to confront you in any manner and think that they always right. You always have to remain professional and respectful no matter what happen.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
part time position pay
Great college, but limited opportunity to advance
Professor (Adjunct) - English Language (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 1, 2018
Great college but opportunities for growth minimal.
The administration is great, but job not secure. They seldom have adjunct that gets a permanent position before tenure.
Pros
Great cillege
Cons
Lack of growth opportunities
Collaborative place to work with a growth mindset
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 28, 2018
This position was one of student service. There are several positions available at this college. As an information specialist, I was required to advise students, register and guide students in the right direction. It is not typical, but financial aid and scholarship assistance can be offered in this position. It is an online and phone service only. Students were not seen face-to-face. Management is understanding and willing to work with you, especially when students are upset. You are trained and treated well. It was a part time position, so I had to leave.

Cons: The work, however, isn't challenging. After working there years on end, you want to be challenged. It is an office cubicle job with little to no interaction with people face to face.

Pros: Breaks are offered though and the location is great, so even if an office job isn't what you are looking for, you can take breaks and feel the downtown freedom.

In a nutshell: It is a quiet atmosphere and I got paid about 9.25 with a bachelor's degree. There was no room for advancement or a pay raise, in a part time position. However, full time positions are much more comfortable and worthwhile.
Pros
Management, job culture is kind and understanding, break
Cons
no interaction with people, part time position pay
Productive workplace.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 27, 2018
I learned how to file, data entry, how to keep inventory, contact book companies to purchase teacher addition books, customer service with the students.
I managed the filing and important paper work of the professors and staff. As well as, the inventory management. Course book purchases and company list.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with various kind of customers on a daily basis.
The most enjoyable part was doing the book inventory, ordering the books and updating the list of the companies.
Pros
None.
Cons
Low salary.