Miami Dade County Employee Reviews

It was atemporary position
ACCOUNTANT II (Temporary role) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2019
It was a contract through out 4 differents job companies during the year that I was working there. I never understood why so many changes about the companies that hired us.
The hiring companies retained form themselves about $10.00 dollars per each hour that we worked there.
I guess this has nothing to do with the CEO performances. It come from other directions
Pros
Too low payment and no benefits at all
Cons
Convenient location
Experience in my typical day at work.
Math Professor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2019
I thought Pre-Algebra and Geometry by following a previous planned lesson plan which was based on a detail organized way for an instruction on a particular topic. The sources to follow the lesson plan was based on a curriculum to prepared the students such as main textbook, workbook, software and websites. I learned how to create my lesson plan online which were able to seen by the principal and others. Also I have the opportunity to prepare and supervise students for state test. The most enjoyable part of my job was when more than 70% of my students grabbed the main idea of the concept thought.
Productive and fun work place
RER Records Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Working for miami dade county is very gratifying and for the most part people are happy working for the county. Furthermore, supervisors are extremely helpful as well.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
early work schedule
It t was imrewarded
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2019
I did the contractor positionm for over a Year, I try to stay ad Permanent , got interviewd but They always have somebody already pointed for the postion. Very very dessappointed.
constantly learning environment at any level.
Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 1, 2019
Great team Leaders and fast growth environment. Any job description has to be done with the time frame window, clear and precisely. Very fast work environment.
Pros
jobs has to be done in a professional manner
Cons
sometimes command orders at the same time from others leaders about what need to be done
Relaxed environment
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 20, 2018
Nice co-workers, procedures established, good benefits (fairly salary), opportunity to grow and relocate in other departments, nice place (offices), sometimes crowed
Pros
retirement
Cons
salary
Ambiente laboral saludable de armonia
Salvavidas (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 7, 2018
Tuve un buen desempeño en mi trabajo, buena relación con mis compañeros, me gustaba lo que hacía, disfrutaba mi trabajo
Transit maintenance shop supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 21, 2018
Lots of benefits offered and potential of growth.
Frs pension plan
Medical
Vision
Dental
Cost of living increases
Employee discount program
Education pay back.
Potentially Positive Environment with Adjustments to Administrative and Management positions
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  100 NW 83 st miami fl 33150November 13, 2018
The department is greatly understaffed, this puts enormous pressure on employees that show up for work. Quite often there are two to three of the employees absent for whatever reason. Which adds additional stress to the already limited workforce to accomplish the day's task. Some of the gains of working in a high-stress environment are that you learn the art of multitasking and keeping one's composure. I have also gained the invaluable experience of working in a very diverse cultural environment and was able to learn skills outside of my job description which serves to enhance my resume. I have made lifelong friends of some of my coworkers. The most enjoyable part was, at some point in my career at the county I was given the latitude to be creative and use my initiative.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
No Advancement/ Compensation
Place full of kids and fun
After School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 8, 2018
If you love working with kids then this is the place for you. The workers are all hand on deck and are there to help you when in need. You learn to care for kids and you learn how different everybody is as a human.
Excellent Team and Management
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 5, 2018
Very professional and excellent Team. The Management was excellent as well. I was working only for 6 months contract and at the end of a Fiscal year the position was eliminated.
Excellent workplace
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 4, 2018
Excellent workplace and culture environment.
Great place to get experience in the public sector.
Ethics and accuracy is present at TC Finance Department.
Pros
Good beneefits
Cons
Unflexible work schedule
Stressful work environment
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Dade CountyOctober 28, 2018
Extremely stressful work environment. On-call status, unpredictable, unstructured work schedule, high caseload including inappropriate work assignment.
Never experienced such a horrid place of employment...
Engineer 2 (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 28, 2018
Combination of little or nothing to do of importance with the constant feeling of being constantly surveilled for any small mistake. I've never been at a place where gossip triumphs over hard work; those who gossip advance quickly, other less so.
Large government operation
Assistant Chief of Security (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 23, 2018
Oversaw government contracts for the security operations of all county buildings. Provided security surveys. Directed a team of inspectors to review security plans for various buildings
Pros
interesting work
Cons
management direction was absent
Out doors
Park Attendant (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLOctober 22, 2018
Horticulturist is the best way to describe the job duties. Plant care and maintenance took up most of our time. We would have small informal meetings most mornings to go over the duties for the day and what we wanted to accomplish. I enjoyed my manager who would often work with the crew. Many of my coworkers were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was knowing that I didn't want to do manual labor for the rest of my life and wanted to move on to something else.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
It was a productive workplace
Office Support Specialist / Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 20, 2018
I enjoy working for Miami Dade, It was a challenging work which i enjoy, I would like to work one time for them in other to put my experiences and knowledge in profit to the organisation.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
no shortbreak
Good job overall
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FlSeptember 25, 2018
I have less than eight years until full retirement but need to leave and help with ailing Mother. Has been a good place to work over the past 22 plus years.
Pros
Lots of overtime if wanted
Cons
Traffic is horrible
good system
Console Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33136August 29, 2018
Miami Dade county is a good local government municipality to work or be employed with. The benefits are more than accommodating and there are a various number of positions to suit ones career goals.
great work place
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 19, 2018
this was by for the best job I've had, the manager was great they worked with me school days.they had a very positive vibe all around and i worked with amazing people