Miami Dade County Employee Reviews

great benefits
Bailiff (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 1, 2018
Any job with the county has overall great benefits and job security. Obviously the county is big and there are many jobs and departments one can work for, so that will dictate personal satisfaction level. Working for the courts was fun and great learning experience.
Pros
benefits, stability
Cons
advancement, compensation
lot of pressure overlook
Eligibility Worker (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 15, 2018
They only help there people if you not there people you would not get promoted. There the worst the supervisor and the employee the only thing that they have lots of program that you can help low income family
Pros
you can do anything you went
Cons
they over look the hard workers
Could be better
Field Experience Student/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2018
Teachers are required to do so much and are held to such a standard that sometimes not all are qualified nor have the patience to deal with small children.
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2018
Great work life balance, flexible schedules and management cares about you as a person not just as an employee. Fair compensation structure and evaluation process.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Travel to downtown
Stressful place to work with great benefits.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 3, 2018
Working in a jail was very stressful. The pay and benefits were great.
The hardest part of the job was working in an environment where the potential for violence was always present. The most enjoyable part of the job was I met some really nice people and really enjoyed working with them.
Productive fun workplace
Information Specialist - Communications Dept (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJune 19, 2018
Great work place to to work in the offer great hands on employment training. They also off one on one site assistant if you need help understanding anything that you don’t understand.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks and Health care
Clicky
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 17, 2018
As long as you are part of the click you are ok.
Other than that it is a great choice for the stability and benefits that are given.
Just need to have patience with the stupid management decision that contradicts all logic and mismanagement of money.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Experience
Counselor in Training (CIT) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2018
Miami Shores recreation center is a great summer camp. Although I was only a CIT there, I enjoyed my time with the kids. There were lots of fun activities to do. Overall, it was definitely a new and different experience.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Boss with a hating attitude
excellent place to work if you like to work hard
Computer Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  miami floridaJune 10, 2018
physical and demanding job, lots of printing and lifting heavy boxes,we have to deal with a date line every day, open tickets for the help desk support.
Miami Dade County
Court Room Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 29, 2018
I enjoy working at Miami Dade County It is a great company to work for. Which offers great employment skills as well as great opportunities. It enhances your chance to become a very productive employee.

Want to know more about Miami Dade County?

Ask a question
great..
Pressman (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 28, 2018
great place to work. good crew and supervisors. great shift location and fantastic work environment located in doral, fl.good benifits and place for advancement.
Excellent and Productive service
Florida (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 24, 2018
Excellent and Productive service to clients, customers and patients as well as to general public. No pressure, great supervisors and fabulous benefits as
Pros
No presure
Cons
Nothing at all
Mdc
Exemptions Clerk 1 (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 21, 2018
Workplace is OK at best. Depending on Department, you can have the best career or a stressfull career. Benefits are great. Best insurance plan but compensation is whatever.
Learned many clerical duties
Elections Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 30, 2018
This job was self-initiated and I learned to take ownership of the responsibilities and importance of accurate filing, counting and delivery of materials to different locations.
GreatJob
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 28, 2018
Good place to work. fast paced. in trying to keep up with set route Schedule getting to meet different people on a daily basis is really nice and rewarding
Pros
Good place to work for
Cons
Good benefits
Opportunities abound!!
Building Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2018
I would Retire here however salaries are a little low. Only reason to seek out jobs elsewhere. County is the place to be, I hope in future they would remove the Fluff at the top and pay individuals what the really truly deserve.
Pros
Great people and benefits
Cons
Low Salary
Productive and fun work place filled with joyful people that are always watching out for the safety of others.
Certified Pool Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 22, 2018
- Making sure everyone follows the pool rules
- I learned how to rescue drowning victims
- Management is very helpful and they would never think twice about showing us a better way to improve ourselves.
- Everyone here is very helpful and cautious, we make the most of the time spent in our work place.
- I enjoy seeing patrons have fun on the pool deck as well as In the pool just as long as they are following the pool rules.
Welder's beware!!!
Welder (Former Employee) –  Aviation DepartmentMarch 3, 2018
If you are a person with a certain skill set this job will ruin you. Every knowledge that you have of your position will be sucked up by management because they don't know how to do your job. Get used to working on equipment that's prehistoric. And if you need a certain tool or piece of equipment good luck with that and then they expect you to still do your job without the proper equipment. They may bring you in the office show you a photo on the computer tell you that there's only one that needs to be repaired and then they'll take you to the job site and there's five but the way they work is you bring all your materials needed which by the way they only had enough to do that one for that specific job get there and then sit in the truck for 1 hour and wait for the lead man to tell you what to do and he tells you there's five they work so completely backwards. And then guess what it's your fault that you can't do your job.
Benefits
Cons
I'd rather not!
Very fun workplace
Community Liaison Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2018
Teaching at the Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually impaired can be at first a very challenging position because it involves to adapt work and homework to each student based on their special needs. However, it is an enormous and wonderful joy when a student finally has done its work succesfully.
Pros
Quality time with my kids
Cons
No vacation pay
My career at Miami Dade
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 13, 2018
I worked for several County Departments so it was a different learning experience on each. The toughest part was dealing with bureaucracy. The most rewarding was my relationships with coworkers and bosses. Lots of team work. I consider myself lucky to have landed in positive environments.
Pros
Room for advancement. Available training that allows employees to grow and get better.
Cons
County politics