Miami Heat Employee Reviews

fun
Internship (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 3, 2018
working with the Miami Heat was a once in a lifetime opportunity that welcomed me into the world of sales and ticket sales it was a great learning experience since i worked in the Miami heat arena
Pros
fun
Cons
Productive but fun day, very fast paced. Lots of Celebrities & Socialites throughout the building.
Valet (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 6, 2018
Upon entry to my designated work area, we would setup the booth for guest to approach for their merchandise. When the basketball game or concert starts proceed to assist Celebrity guest/Family. Very Fast Paced Work Environment, lots of people all around the building. Overall a great fun work experience & i would most certainly do it again! Kudos!
My time at the HEAT
Group Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2018
In my 3 years with the HEAT, I was able to grow and learn so much from others around me. I developed an incredible amount of new relationships both inside and outside of the organization and gained first-hand insight on how a world class organization constantly in the public eye is run.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
Departmental Culture
Fun place for flexible part time work
Guest Services Member (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 6, 2018
There are a lot of opportunities to make a guest smile but there can be frustrating moments when you can't correct a negative experience. There are many several posts with their own specific responsibilities for the role.
Heat review
Camp Coach (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 31, 2017
I enjoy basketball so working as a heat counselor was a dream come true. I like helping young children learn to play basketball. The Heat is my favorite team.
Productive, Organized, Family environment.
Media Production Intern (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 5, 2017
Working with the Miami Heat was the best job I had. Working close with the players and coaching staff of the team was an experience that was life changing. I met a lot of great people and everyone that works there likes one another it like a big family over there.
Great enviornment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 19, 2017
Amazing people and Great work place. I was inspired by the people I met, and got to experience how team work makes a business, and how I can help a franchise thrive.
great
Inside Ticket Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 24, 2017
great workplace and family culture. you will definitely learn a lot of valuable insight and hands-on knowledge. there is no limit to your potential in this position.
Just cool
Team Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Limited job responsibilities, little room for career enhancement, good job support team, long hours. Good basketball. Veteran staff.
Lots of work not much time
Digital Signage Producer for Broadcast Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Department is basically ran by people with not much experience with new techniques, and are afraid to work with new methods. Aside from that the manager is emotional with employees, meaning arguments and yelling all day. The department director is racist and would make racist jokes on a regular basis.
In charge of laundry
Assistant Equipment Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Handled and responsible for all inventory and laundry duties! Great experience. Im looking for growth! Been here 3 years as an intern and looking for a full time job
One of the best place I've worked in
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 15, 2015
Been there for a while, had to resign to complete my degree. Managers and staffs are super respectful towards individual.
Pros
Free rings
Cons
Not the best pay
Part time
Box Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 11, 2015
Part time gig; really hard to advance in the organization since there are few openings. Great work environment to be in.
Fast paced and fun environment
Premium Client Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2015
Everyday was different. Working in the sport industry requires the ability to think on your feet and adapt to any situation.
Pros
Co-workers, work environment, opportunities for advancement
Cons
No parking benefits, unnecessary repetition
Poor organization to work for.
Premium Concierge (Former Employee) –  Miami,FLJuly 6, 2015
I would say to any new and or returning applicants to stay away from the Miami Heat organization. The department of Premium Concierge– Part Time/Event Staff is the worst of the lot. I would say to any new and or returning applicants to stay away from the Miami Heat organization. I worked as a member of their Premium Concierge part time staff, and found to be the most negative professional experiences I ever had in the work place. The high turnover rate in the department is a reflation of their mismanagement, lack of people skills and poor leadership. Plus, you will see the position are constantly opened, and that in itself say a lot of the department and the Heat organization overall. The Heat leadership turns a blind eye to what’s going on in the department, which makes it far worse.
Pros
One gets to see the games and concerts for free.
Cons
No, breaks, yelling, poor planning and unprofessionalism
Great work environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Great job culture and management. It was easy to move up in rank.
Great place
Retail Operations Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 12, 2014
I worked here for 10 years now. I absolutely love this place. With the right culture, everything can be fun. Things get done right and co-workers are awesome. The hardest part can be standing for long hours but the experience is one of a kind.
Interesting to be in the pro sports industry
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 19, 2014
followed up on sales leads, pending sales contracts and call business's for sponsorship opportunities.

Followed up with past season ticket holders for future games.

Hardest part of job was hours due to 42 home games as well as full time work while I was attending grad school.
Pros
free tickets, great benefits
Cons
low pay
Great Experience with the Miami Heat
Corporate Partnership Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 24, 2014
During this opportunity, I got to walk through various situations and learn the ins and outs of the sport industry. Working with corporations both large and small, I was able to not only build my network, but train myself to compete on both an individual and group level.
Miami Heat was a great experience.
Associate Producer/ Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 23, 2014
In the short time I was there, I was given many opportunities to grow. As a Production Assistant, I was responsible to logging shoots, editing and shooting some in-game segments. I was also responsible for playing the music and game prompts for the games
Pros
Meet the players
Cons
Really long hours