Miami Heat Employee Reviews

fun
Internship (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 3, 2018
working with the Miami Heat was a once in a lifetime opportunity that welcomed me into the world of sales and ticket sales it was a great learning experience since i worked in the Miami heat arena
Pros
fun
Cons
Productive but fun day, very fast paced. Lots of Celebrities & Socialites throughout the building.
Valet (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 6, 2018
Upon entry to my designated work area, we would setup the booth for guest to approach for their merchandise. When the basketball game or concert starts proceed to assist Celebrity guest/Family. Very Fast Paced Work Environment, lots of people all around the building. Overall a great fun work experience & i would most certainly do it again! Kudos!
My time at the HEAT
Group Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2018
In my 3 years with the HEAT, I was able to grow and learn so much from others around me. I developed an incredible amount of new relationships both inside and outside of the organization and gained first-hand insight on how a world class organization constantly in the public eye is run.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
Departmental Culture
Sales Intern
Ticket Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 16, 2018
My manager was one of the worst leaders I had ever had. Nowhere near a leader or management personality. Never had a positive attitude and was nasty towards other employees.
Fun place for flexible part time work
Guest Services Member (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 6, 2018
There are a lot of opportunities to make a guest smile but there can be frustrating moments when you can't correct a negative experience. There are many several posts with their own specific responsibilities for the role.
Great team environment with qualified high level employees. Incredible sense of synergy.
Director of Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2018
This was an amazing career. I started as an intern and moved up to Director at a very young age in the best and most competitive sports league - the NBA. I was rewarded for hard work and long hours many times over and left on great terms with everyone there. I could get a letter of recommendation from the team president right now.
Pros
Fun, highly competitive and competent work environment with a team atmosphere.
Cons
Long hours and less pay due to the highly competitive nature of that job market.
Heat review
Camp Coach (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 31, 2017
I enjoy basketball so working as a heat counselor was a dream come true. I like helping young children learn to play basketball. The Heat is my favorite team.
Productive, Organized, Family environment.
Media Production Intern (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 5, 2017
Working with the Miami Heat was the best job I had. Working close with the players and coaching staff of the team was an experience that was life changing. I met a lot of great people and everyone that works there likes one another it like a big family over there.
Assited with the promotion and customer support of the Miami Heat App
Mobile Support team member (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 2, 2017
A typical day consisted of getting to work around 2 hours before tip off and going to designated areas to assist fans with their Miami Heat app to ensure the optimal fan experience. All co workers were extremely friendly as well as upper management it was overall the most positive work experience I have had to date. The hardest part was definitely helping out those fans who were older in age but once they understood everything it was fairly simple.
Workers made the job enjoyable, but management was terrible
operations (Former Employee) –  miami heat arena in downtown miamiMay 20, 2017
Not a good place to work, you do way more than what you are hired for and not compensated for it. Foremen and manager don't communicate and it unfortunately affects the work in a negative manner.
Pros
co workers
Cons
too many
Great enviornment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 19, 2017
Amazing people and Great work place. I was inspired by the people I met, and got to experience how team work makes a business, and how I can help a franchise thrive.
Miami
Basketball Youth Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 30, 2017
I loved working for the Miami Heat Group running basketball camps. It was a great experience working with kids and teaching them the game I love. Management is all great. Hours are flexible. Pay is not great but it is great for the amount of work that you do.
great
Inside Ticket Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 24, 2017
great workplace and family culture. you will definitely learn a lot of valuable insight and hands-on knowledge. there is no limit to your potential in this position.
Just cool
Team Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Limited job responsibilities, little room for career enhancement, good job support team, long hours. Good basketball. Veteran staff.
Fun and enjoyable work
Musician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 11, 2016
The Miami Heat Street Band required practice and dedication but was all around enjoyable. The director was nice but required people to do their best.
Pros
Enjoyable, Fun
Cons
Little Pay, Time consuming
Lots of work not much time
Digital Signage Producer for Broadcast Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Department is basically ran by people with not much experience with new techniques, and are afraid to work with new methods. Aside from that the manager is emotional with employees, meaning arguments and yelling all day. The department director is racist and would make racist jokes on a regular basis.
In charge of laundry
Assistant Equipment Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Handled and responsible for all inventory and laundry duties! Great experience. Im looking for growth! Been here 3 years as an intern and looking for a full time job
One of the best place I've worked in
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 15, 2015
Been there for a while, had to resign to complete my degree. Managers and staffs are super respectful towards individual.
Pros
Free rings
Cons
Not the best pay
Fun and exciting atmosphere to take pictures of fans
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2015
Although chaotic at times, it is a great experience to share with the fans whether the game is happening or not. To be able to capture a moment for all was rewarding in itself.
Pros
Busy, exciting, fast paced
Cons
Disorganization, high price for all merchandise
Part time
Box Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 11, 2015
Part time gig; really hard to advance in the organization since there are few openings. Great work environment to be in.