Michael's House Employee Reviews

Good Place
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 2, 2017
Great place to work, company is great for team work. I would recommend this employer. Great benefits and paid time off. Company currently merged with a larger company.
Pros
fun, energetic
Cons
merger
My typical work day...
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 14, 2017
As a residential counselor, I enjoy my inaction with patients. I empathize with their struggles and treat them with compassion. Michael's House has gave me the opportunity to practice my skills and I enjoy working with my co-workers. Seeing patients improved while staying at the facility has made my job rewarding.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
underpaid
great workplace
LVN (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 10, 2017
Great workplace and coworkers, very knowledgeable staff members although pay rate is a little below average in my opinion. Overall if pay was raised this company would be great to wrok at
good balance with work and family
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 14, 2015
when management changed they brought on their own. Co workers were nice, most In recovery. Management was supportive until they brought on terminated management from Betty Ford Center.
Beautiful facility with flexibilty and great people.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  springfield, maJuly 31, 2015
The facility is a beautiful home and all of the people involved are wonderful. As it is a new business there are still some kinks to work out and I'm sure as it grows it will be more beneficial to its employees.
Pros
Getting to help people. Not a fast-paced, hectic environment.
Cons
always on call, no benefits
Lvn
LVN (760) (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 10, 2014
I work first hand with Providers on the treatment of addiction and mental health disorders. I am responsible for medication management, scheduling, documentation, first aid, and educational groups on medication management. I work well with all the staff and enjoy working with all of them.
Pros
Pto
Cons
The drive is long.
Every day was not the same as the day before
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 31, 2014
Entered Dr. charges and lab charges. Prepared Client Agreements and talked with the families regarding insurance and who will be the responsible party. My supervisor was amazing and so down to earth. The hardest part of the job was to not get attached to clients. My co-workers were great as well.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No Insurance Benefits for Per Diem
Intake Nurse
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 14, 2014
Complete and maintain accurate records or reports regarding the patients' histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
Counsel clients or patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
Develop client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience, and client histories.
Conduct chemical dependency program orientation sessions.
Participate in case conferences or staff meetings.
Coordinate counseling efforts with mental health professionals or other health professionals, such as doctors, nurses, or social workers.
Review and evaluate clients' progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
Interview clients, review records, and confer with other professionals to evaluate individuals' mental and physical condition and to determine their suitability for participation in a specific program.
Assess individuals' degree of drug dependency by collecting and analyzing urine samples.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
High work load
I love the family enviroment and love what i do
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 20, 2014
I really enjoy working there and we are like a loving family.
Pros
Loving people to work with
Cons
not enough money
team atmosphere
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 24, 2013
Great team atmosphere between all departments. Provides patient centered care to all that come through the door for treatment of co-occurring disorders. I am the lead RC on the sing shift Sunday thru Thursday. I enjoy doing groups and sitting with patients on an individual basis. My co-workers and I work as a team every shift. The hardest part is watching patients want to leave against clinical advice. The most enjoyable aspect of my position is watching patients get that they need help.
Pros
The team atmosphere