Michael Kors Employee Reviews

it was okay
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLSeptember 19, 2018
it was a seasonal job, a lot of stocking and making sure at lease one of everything was on the sales floor and it looked presentable. Pretty simple job, no complaints.
Sophisticated atmosphere
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Typical day at work was learning new inventory that was put out and being able to develop a sales pitch for that day for upcoming customers. You had to be familiar with what items had a sale and what did not. Customers wanted to make sure certain items were in stock at other places and to ensure there were available purchases.
nice experience, fun customers
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 11, 2018
sell, break, sell, lunch, sell, break, sell, off; fun environment, occasional pressure from both management and customers, competition, struggle to maintain productivity levels, balancing cleaning duties
Pros
customers, environment, organized, lots to learn
Cons
retail hours, stress, resulting in poor communication among workers, competition, closing duties
Enriching Experience
Stock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, OHSeptember 9, 2018
I've learned so much thus far at MK and feel so much more well rounded as a professional. My confidence and skill level has improved immensely. I would definitely recommend MK moving forward.
Basic Retail
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2018
Strong Professional management. Low work hours when slow. Pay is better than minimum wage. Slow paced at times. Very friendly and almost family like work environment.
Pros
Everyone gets along
Cons
Low hours
fun working space
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calexico, CASeptember 6, 2018
a typical day in michael kors me as a sales associate learn new techniques to improve my sales strategies and my customer service
and is a good job with a great enviroment, at least in my store
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
short breaks
I LOVED working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WASeptember 3, 2018
Awesome place to work! Their store manager is awesome as well as all the other supervisors. I met soooo many friends that I hangout outside of work there! Its a great first job!
fast paced and growing
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIAugust 24, 2018
typical day at work would be fast paced and constant clients. Always learning something new, exciting and the opportunity of meeting different people of every ethnicity.
Pros
the fashion and new trends
Cons
the co workers and managment
Low hours of work
Sales Associate, Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAAugust 23, 2018
A typical work at Michael Kors is fighting for customers to make your monthly goal but still not getting payed commission. Wearing heels for full shift of 4 hours but feeling like you worked for eight hours a day.
Productive good work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLAugust 19, 2018
This job was such a good working team, they constantly have meetings to makes sure everyone is on the same page and everyone’s learning. Management is completely professional and you meet so many great people in the process.
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAAugust 17, 2018
Wouldn’t recommend to anyone. Management has horrible communication and don’t train their employees well. Over all this company doesn’t care for their employees there’s a lot of favoritism. All they really care is for you to bring the money in and never worry about you’re Needs. They also expect to much fro their employees but yet their salery is ridiculous.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Bad management
Stressful but rewarding
Sale Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA 23502August 17, 2018
You have to do 3 million things at once, but in that you still need to maintain the appearance of the sales floor, meet personal selling goals, make sure associates are meeting their selling goals, maintaining an SPH of 450-500, all while having to do your POR (passport of responsibilities) and keep payroll in check.
Pros
monthly bonus, overtime, endless advancement, hour breaks
Cons
stressful
Not the best experience
Stock Associate, Michael Kors (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 16, 2018
Bad working environment. Coworkers are not nice. Working schedules are a mess. Management is just as bad. No career advancement. Lack of communication between people.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad working environment
Fun environment which builds sales skills.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 10, 2018
A typical day is having good customer interactions and striving for goals. It is important to have a thicker skin, as sales can definitely be a cut throat and competitive field.
lifestyle retail company that is struggling to re-invent themselves in the luxury marketplace
ASSISTANT STORE MANANGER (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2018
Michael Kors is a company struggling with an identity crisis, Lifestyle stores want to be luxury retailers, however their identity and fanbase are more geared towards outlet, discount, and International bulk buyers.
Upper management seems unconcerned with employee growth and development, as there are no training systems or development programs set in place for advancement.
If you are a college student and not looking for a career in retail, but looking for a fun and flexible day to day job, while at school. MK could be a match for you.

For anything career orientated, I would say to stay clear.
Pros
flexible schedules, fun day-to-day work environment
Cons
low pay for the luxury market, no employee development
Great Discounts
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 7, 2018
Expect to be completely dead on some days if you don't have client appointments and busy while understaffed the other days.

You're given a calendar with what has to be completed for the month, not bad if you stay on top of things except when they send multiple transfers due within 2 days over the weekend and you are busy on the sales floor.

Must look elevated on the sales floor so expect some girls to walk slowly after 6 hours in heels. You may wear current flats as long as it elevate your look which some larger store managers will not condone.

Its tough to only supervise 7 hours of your shift and expected to bring in 30% plus of days sales. Sales gets competitive between management and staff. You may be sent home early so full time can hit their goals.
Pros
The discounts and some managers are good working with your schedules, monthly wardrobe that you pay very little on.
Cons
They expect you to do more work than is required in your job description with MINIMUM pay, understaffed so rarely can call off if you have an emergency, no support for career advancement
MK experience
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 5, 2018
Working for the company was a great experience. It taught me how to be very quick and organized. This job requires a lot of customer service which worked well for my benefit.
Cons
Short breaks
Disappointed
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 3, 2018
When I joined the company, I was over qualified and I knew that. There were no management positions open. In the following months, the store manager drove all the managers to quit. Leaving an opurtinity for myself to advance within the company. I wasn’t turned away by the previous managers emotions towards the store manager. I was willing to continue my hard work and put more time in to take on the position. I informed the manager I was interested in the position, she informed me she would get back to me. Two weeks later I found the job posted on linked in and asked the manager, she told me the DM was uninterested in interviewing me. I took on so much as a client advisor, including other people’s job responsibilities. I feel unappreciated and I’m disappointed the DM wouldn’t give me an interview after my hard work. Very sad, would have stayed with the company a long time, if the advancement opportunities were offered. The company instead insisted to hire from outside the company.
Cons
No advancement opportunities
a very diverse group of people/competitive
MD (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 1, 2018
a typical day usually starts in the a.m like around 9:00a.m and ends around 5:00p.m.ive learned how to engage with clients to insure they receive item that cater to there lifestyle.management makes things easer for the staff by knowing where to place employees on the floor to insure sales .Every one there is so diverse all types of cultures.the hardest part is being competitive but that also makes that the most enjoyable
Pros
great working environment
Cons
not enough growth
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 1, 2018
Managers don't communicate well with each other which causes confusion for sales associates on the floor. Schedules will often be changed without prior notice. Managers hardly train new employees on product knowledge or store procedures, but expect the employee to know. There is no sense of community between employees.
Pros
Employee discount, decent hourly wage, great hours
Cons
Poor Management, lack of communication, no commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight