Michael Kors

Michael Kors Employee Reviews

United States1,390 reviews

Found 1,390 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,739 reviews
michaelmkwardrobesalediscountretailhandbagstore

Fast-paced and competitive work environment

Overall Michael Kors is an awesome place to work. The discounts are great and the pace is quick. The job advancement and management could really use some touching up and revisiting. Under the current management it is very difficult to grow within the company even if you are producing excellent numbers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the multitude of people you get to meet and connect with.

Pros

great discount

Cons

management

Official response from Michael Kors

March 19, 2018
We genuinely appreciate the time you spent informing us about your experience with Michael Kors. We will review your feedback and make the appropriate changes. - Michael Kors Human Resources

Fun place to work!

I really enjoyed working here. Not only was management supportive, thr pay is off tbt hook and they really care about your overall well-being as a person

Michael Kors insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

It's alright

The dress code is weird. At the store I worked at it was very full of drama. Pay wasn't bad and discounts were not bad. At the outlet it is sometimes hard to make sales, but it's alright.

Pros

Easy job

Great, if you want to be barely paid over minimum wage for years

It was great at first, but by the time I left, I was doing much more than my job description and not being paid for it. Someone else with superficial qualifications got the job that I was being trained for

Do not work here

Honestly the worst management specifically the general manager. Lowest paying store in the outlet and everyone knows about the management team and how poorly the GM treats people. Quite literally the worst place I’ve ever worked.

Stressful & cliquey environment

All sales associates are quoted at selling $3,000-5,000 worth of merchandise each shift. It's nearly impossible to sell this much merchandise, most of the current coworkers don't. If you don't meet these sales goals, you will see a reduction in your hours and cuts in your shifts. You are expected to annoy guests by constantly walking up to everybody and checking in with them. Most of the time, guests prefer to be left alone, but management will urge you to approach them & talk to them. Even if the guests are disinterested, you are required to follow them around like a puppy dog. Management plays favorites and it's quite obvious. A lot of my fellow coworkers are very cliquey. They'll be nice to your face and talk negatively behind your back. Lots of unnecessary drama. Hours aren't usually good. You'll arrive in the morning and leave when there's it's pitch black out. I'd only apply here if you're desperate. There's several other nearby outlets to apply to, so I'd suggest giving those a try, as anything's better than this. Leaving ASAP.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Strenuous activities

Productive and supporting

It was my first time working at a retail store and honestly they’ll teach you everything (the basics) within those first two weeks and should get the hang of it by the third week. As you progress, they’ll keep teaching you new things and you’ll definitely have an opportunity to move up within positions and growth. Not bad as a first job within the retail industry however work-life balance wasn’t that good.

Poor Leadership

Lots of backstabbing, leadership hangs you out to dry, comes straight from the top. Different functions are never pulling in the same direction. Not recommended.

Fun but too much time to gossip

At our location, we had seen a bit of a decrease in traffic. I felt as though we were looked down upon for not being as big of a producer as other locations. Great work life balance, decent PTO, great healthcare, and great upper leaders for the most part. The hardest part was dealing with the constant gossiping and drama from other employees who for the life of them just needed another thing to be upset about. That put a major damper on the job for me and even made me have mental health issues. I ended up leaving because of the stress.

Great work environment

We’re like one big family. Great work/play balance for me. Management is extremely appreciative. Can be fast paced, but that’s enjoyable to me.Can’t think of a better place to work!

worst job ever

If you like to do your bosses job and get underpaid and stay past your schedule time vineland outlet is the place to be !!! cant forget all the lazy mangers besides one

Decent workplace

The hours and pay weren’t the best, but it wasn’t a difficult job either. The store typically wasn’t very busy, so our commission wasn’t all that great.

Good fun/work balance

There is definitely lots of opportunities to get cross trained in many departments. I know lots of people that HAVE moved up in this company.So there is definitely room for growth.

Pros

Great discount

Cons

Peak and slow season

Fun work environment

Definitely a good job for college students! Was fun to work at and the managers were so nice and made a great work environment.

Store poorly run by SM and above

There is a huge favoritism within the store, store manager and other managers talk behind your back. After several HR calls made on SM, nothing happens to them. Poor work environment overall.

Part time

I started working for Michael kors this month. So far so good, I live about an hour and 10 minutes from the job. It’s a great job to work for, it has it perks and i would like to move to assistance manager.

Nice place overall.

Great employee discount. I enjoyed working in high season. We had a lot of fun. I loved to work with my team. I wish a higher compensation for the employees.

Pros

Great discount

Cons

low pay

Not worth it

Terrible benefits and they have complete control over your appearance. Your appearance is critiqued on a daily basis on what they deem as "jet set" or not. Could not wear my hair half up half down or wear my hair in braids because it wasn't "jet set." If you're going to be that strict then at least pay your workers more... I worked out at an outlet location and I would not recommend. The bulk buyers were rude along with the clientele and management. Just not a great place to work overall. Also, no commission when you make sales but they require you to achieve high sales goals. No room for growth either.. a complete joke.

Great company

I learned so much about fashion and American design. I would definitely recommend as a stepping stone into the world of luxury retail. There is also a lot of room for growth

fun with competitive sales

I enjoyed finishing multiple sales and cleaning my work stations all before the end of the day. They provide endless information on products, sales and how to teamwork

Pros

good culture

Cons

short breaks

Productive Workplace

Management genuinely cares for your growth, both professionally and personally. I feel more at home, more comfortable, more in control and more supported than I have at any other job.

Common questions about Michael Kors

Answered by current and former employees at Michael Kors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Michael Kors.
Powered byComparably