Michael Kors Employee Reviews

it was a fun environment and very professional over all
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXMay 21, 2018
What I think the hardest thing of the job was the drive to get there since I did live a little bit far, but over all I enjoyed working at Michael Kors.
Productive and Fast paced environments
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2018
I would consider a typical day at work to not be typical at all. Although, the goal was to be on the floor, selling, due to the diverse clientele that would stop into our store, no two days were the same. The workplace culture was overwhelming in a sense that there were many different types of personalities present on the sales floor at once. However, I do think that it was beneficial because it taught me how to handle various personalities in the workplace.
What I enjoyed most was working and building a rapport with my clients. I try to create a shopping experience that is personable and enjoyable for a client, so when they leave, they cannot wait to come back into the store and shop because I have given them an experience that reminds them of shopping with a friend.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Terrible work enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMay 16, 2018
Management here is terrible and treats you like you don’t matter. (With the exception of a few actual caring managers who get overruled by the other superiors). You’re judged constantly and they make you feel minimal if you aren’t at their standards. There’s no room for growth. They just take advantage of their employees and are constantly belittling them. There’s nothing “luxury” about this work place or the scraps they pay you to represent such a “jet set” brand
Cons
Management, hostile work environment
Great Benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMay 12, 2018
They had great discounts and free clothes, but the selling environment was intense and competitive which didn't always make for the best workplace friendships. But overall I liked working there.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wrentham, MAMay 5, 2018
Developed knowledge of sales techniques and best business practices, Maintained customer information in the store database. And provided the best customer service.
Productive and fun work enironment
Sales Assistant / Stocks Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 4, 2018
Going to work is fun and exciting and there's always new things to learn. The people I work with is fun to be with and the atmosphere is wonderful making it a welcoming for all the customers that comes to the store.
Before I entered, I didn't know a lot of things, but my seniors taught me a lot from using the JDA machine to how to greet customers and how to maintain the store keeping it visually pleasing and how to be the best of the best!
The hardest part, however, is trying to keep the team together and be organized and always tries to stay on top of things.
However, that never stopped me from going and its always fun day at work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
trying to keep the team organized
So/So
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2018
Depending on where you work depends on how fast time goes by, because of how busy you are. For the most part, it wasn't too bad. Managment was ok, nail must be done a certain color, hair has to be done a certain way. With that being said, this isn't a job that you can just stroll into. If you work with good people, then you'll have a great time. Commission goals were hard to reach sometimes.
Not happy working there
Full time Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 1, 2018
As a manager there was no proper training and no room for advancement in the company. They told us they were closing the store without warning. The hours are long and the management was not fair.
Quick paced collaborative work
Lead Cashier/Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAApril 30, 2018
Michael Kors was generally an easy-going work environment with times that prove to be faced-paced and competitive. Many fashion aspects are practiced such as selling, visual merchandising, stock and clientele management.
Fun culture, talented and creative people
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 28, 2018
Upper management needs to do a better job of acknowledging all employees at all positions. Not much room to grow in terms of growth and development, but great stepping stone for future career positions.
Fun Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York StateApril 24, 2018
I loved my time at Michael Kors. I met very cool people and learned a lot from the staff and the management. Corporate truly appreciated their employees.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Short breaks, no holidays off
Cut-throat, sharky sales environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2018
Awkward sales approaches to develop relationships with TOURISTS (how can we really develop a relationship with a tourist coming in to buy a key-chain?) Sales team was so sharky/cut throat. You'd step away from a client for one minute & the sale would be stolen from under you.
This location was slow but management made work enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 23, 2018
MK as company definitely has high standards which makes working at slower locations less enjoyable . Breaks were definitely handled well. Staffing was a little unfair people on the mens side were often forgotten.
Did not enjoy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAApril 21, 2018
My first job here was not what I expected. The management was horrible and they only cared about the company not the employees. Very competitive. Hours are ok.
Pros
Discount
Overall okay environment
Recognized for exceptional customer service (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 20, 2018
the environment is quick paced at the outlet level and management was good, that being said though it was false promises and expectations when it came to pay increases and furthering your career.
No career advancement here!
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  USAApril 20, 2018
I came to MK with the promise of being promoted, and that was never the case. Development plans are written at review time and stashed away. My manager didn't take note of my desire to move up until I put in my notice. Constant role playing and coaching on the floor were exhausting. You have to give your people down time or they will go crazy and shut down!
Pros
Great discount, top notch health benefits
Cons
No development/career path
Fast paced
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 20, 2018
Worked as a seasonal job and it was a fast paced environment. I learned a lot about time management and being able to multitask and my coworkers were amazing.
Great work area
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 19, 2018
Michael Kors is a great establishment to work for. very fast paced and useful for future careers. Plenty of transferrable skills that can be learn from the things that take place there.
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 18, 2018
There is opportunity to grow within the company, the management teams are very collaborative, and there are a lot of tools available for the employees to develop themselves and their teams.
data entry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJApril 17, 2018
Data entry, in your own cubical. They allow headphones and internet use. very calm and laid back culture. nice,comfortable, roomy environment overseeing Metlife Stadium.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.2Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

17%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.