Michael Kors
69Average
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Michael Kors Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA16 reviews
Fast-paced and competitive work environment
Overall Michael Kors is an awesome place to work. The discounts are great and the pace is quick. The job advancement and management could really use some touching up and revisiting. Under the current management it is very difficult to grow within the company even if you are producing excellent numbers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the multitude of people you get to meet and connect with.
Pros
great discount
Cons
management
March 19, 2018
We genuinely appreciate the time you spent informing us about your experience with Michael Kors. We will review your feedback and make the appropriate changes.
- Michael Kors Human Resources
Not for everyone
When I first started working at MK, the managers were extremely racist towards me. They rolled their eyes at everything I said and would mock and mimic the things I would say. I stayed because I needed the money. After a few months of tolerating their behavior in a professional manner, they realized I was an asset to the company and treated me better (and other employees were leaving so they couldn’t afford to act in their usual childish manner and drive me away) MK is NOT a professional environment to work in at all. Managers pick their favorite associates. It would be easy to suck up to managers if they weren’t racist. Managers here are also two faced and shouldn’t be trusted. They also don’t trust each other. They push you to sell but end up stealing the sales of store associates. There are also dumb rules such as: dresses and heels on weekends, no outrageous hair colors, no long nails, only nude colored nails, etc. BUT if you are the manager’s favorite, you might get away with it, but if not, you’re in trouble. I wore long nails one day, and I was forced to remove them; while my fellow caucasian coworker had them and it wasn’t a problem at all. Overall, toxic place to work. Only benefit is that there is a free wardrobe piece every month but it’s honestly not worth any stress this terrible place puts you through.

P.S. I believe this location hires different ethnicities to make it seem like they’re inclusive but they treat they’re ethnical minorities extremely poorly.
March 5, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience at Michael Kors. If you believe that you have been a witness to discrimination and would like to report it anonymously, please call our toll-free hotline at +1-855-224-4261 to provide more details. This will not only help us to further understand but it will also help our team to address the issue if required, as this goes against our values and what we expect from our Michael Kors employees.
- Michael Kors Human Resources
Not happy working there
As a manager there was no proper training and no room for advancement in the company. They told us they were closing the store without warning. The hours are long and the management was not fair.
Fast-Paced, Competitive Luxury Brand
I have been given many opportunities within this company and have been fortunate enough to have fabulous mentors. Management here is cut-throat. You are held to a different standard and have to adjust to the every changing retail world. I have adjust to 6 different DM's over the course of 4 years and have learned something helpful from every one of them. As a Store Manager, my typical day is 3-4 hours of operational controls, coaching my team in new selling techniques and product knowledge, 1-2 hours of conference calls all while selling throughout my 10 hour shift. I have exceeded my sales goals personally the last 3 years and am ranked in the top 100 employees for the company. I have also led my team to success through hard work, discipline and dedication. The hardest part of the job is the long hours since we are understaffed. I work 50-60 hours a week and if I am lucky, I get 1 day off a week. On average I work 10-14 days without a break. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customer satisfaction through giving them happiness through a tangible item and making them feel great about themselves and their purchase. I believe in justifying the product to their lifestyle- and that is rewarding.
Pros
paid time off, sick days
Cons
no breaks
Great team and employee discount
Great teams to work with, but hard to move up in the company. Holiday's can be stressful, but the teams I've personally been with have made it fun. They also teach you how to sell competitively and how to clientele.
Pros
discount, 401k
Cons
hard to move up
Job seekers rely on your experience.
great place to work
It all depends on who you work with, or what store you work at. Managers are going to be the ones that give you a great experience. The benefits are great. You get allotments, and a great discount on products.
benefits
Cons
nothing
Chic & fun
Our day (regardless day or afternoon shift) started with a huddle. Here, the MOD shared current data/stats of store. Sales goals are then assigned. I really enjoyed the culture and the girls I worked with. We always had fun. The hardest part of my job was not having the product in the store for my clients.Closing the store was at time exhausting however, we made it fun. Teamwork is important and our team was great at working together.

If time allowed, I wouldn't mind picking up a few hours a week (part-time) at Michael Kors.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
no benefits
fun place to work
working here is a lot of fun and easy to make great commission. i learned to be part of a team but also had friendly competition. sales is never easy but working here made it fun!
Be aware of unprofessional,judgemental,fake managers
Where should I start, when I first started working there I thought I would love it so much because it's michael kors. It always been my dream job, but after a week of working there, the managers are really judgemental, they talk negative about their staff members, phony and fake. They think that they are so perfect just because they work at michael kors, a lot of jealously also. They pretend to be nice but really are not and alittle racist.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Horrible management staff, fake people, and a lot of judgemental people, unprofessional managers
February 6, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Michael Kors. We will review the information provided and make changes as appropriate.

Michael Kors Human Resources
Okay
Consistently micromanaged, trainings and meetings were repetitive, managers were not always positive, and requests to be off for important events or vacations were not always granted.
Over all, positive work place w/ exceptional sales training
In-depth training, fun working environment, positive co-workers. While working at MK, the management was exceptional and employees thoroughly enjoyed coming to work. Since, management and associates are different and service has declined a great deal. Would no longer shop at this particular location. Pay was below average, but free apparel and great employee discount were a plus.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Fast paced and fun place to work
It was a great experience to work with one of the biggest fashion company in United States, I learned how to work as a group and obtained great communication skills from the job because lots of communication is required for the job. Everyone was helpful and polite throughout the time, only downside was during the holidays when it get very busy and end up staying until it gets very late.
Great Working Environment
Working at Michael Kors, was great. High energy and friendly environment. I made a lot of amazing relationships with co-workers and customers.
na
enjoyable company to work for.
would recommend any person to Michael Kors
designer
it was exactly what you would expect when working for a designer.
Safe and fun educational center
Great supportive upper management. Safe and secure center for teachers and children. Great resources to create educational lessons. Fun lively environment between employees, and employees and parents. Great events to mix staff and families together.