Michael Kors Employee Reviews

Found 849 reviews matching the search See all 1,008 reviews
Loved it!
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 17, 2018
I loved working for MK! They give you the freedom to be creative with your events and support you. They also have a great training program and are invested in helping their employees succeed. The only difficult part was working within the department store, as they were not as supportive at times. MK gives you a clothing allotment each season to ensure that you are representing the brand at all times! As a shop manager you're required to be in your store a certain amount of hours, but given the flexibility to make your own schedule.
Pros
clothing allotment, benefits, work/life balance
Cons
no additional compensation given when asked to travel to work other stores
Floor Management needs improvement
Shipping (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 11, 2018
Been with MK for several years now. Pay and benefits are fine and many of the floor employees try to do a good job. But time and time again, the executive team continues to promote internals into leadership or mgmt roles and most have failed miserably. Just because someone is a veteran of the production floor does not make them an effective leader or mgr. HR needs to take fully charge of the recruiting and hiring of truly experienced and highly skilled externals, people that are skilled with communication and leadership. Stop being lazy with promoting internals or hiring “ friends of friends”. We are MK and we deserve the best leadership and mgmt out there.
Pros
Employee discount, nice co workers
Cons
Incompetent Dept Managers and Supervisors
Busy
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJanuary 8, 2019
You help customers by looking for a bag they need. You create a desire of handbags for them so that they can be happy with their product. I learned a lot of customer service and able to meet with people from different countries. The hardest part of the job is to meet the sales that you must accomplished of the day.
Pros
401K plan
Cons
No cons
Bad Mamangement
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2018
Management show favoritism and the hours sucked. The pay is low and you have to pay for parking because the call center is downtown. Management claim to have your back but don't.
Pros
Cons
benefits sucked, roaches in break room and refrigerator was disgusting.
Excellent work place and outstanding atmosphere.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Barceloneta, PROctober 29, 2018
I have to say that is an incredible experience and great to grow personally and professionally. Is an amazing team from top to bottom. Compensation, organization and team members are great tool to learn and develop yourself for future goals.
Great management/Great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 25, 2018
Loved working for this company! Such a fun paced environment and management works very well with schedules. Any conflicts with scheduling could usually be accommodated for. Advancement opportunities are difficult to come by if no previous management experience regardless of retail experience. Annual raises were okay but nothing to be super excited about. Overall, I worked with an amazing management team and would highly recommend working for this company.
Good benefit and friendly environment among co-workers
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJNovember 4, 2018
1. good medical benefits
2. friendly environments among co-workers
3. work remotely from home if needed
4. generous personal, vacation and holiday days,
Challenging and competitive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJanuary 13, 2019
The environment of Michael Kors is competitive because though we do not make commission, we do have personal daily sales goals. We do try our best to make these sales goals even though there really is no reward. There is no special training to go through but you do learn a lot about the retail environment and how to navigate your way through that. The management is wonderful and all in all very understanding and willing to work with your personal requests. Though I do love my job itself, my hardest obstacle was receiving mutual respect from other sales associates and being able to form any sort of work relationship with them. The most enjoyable part of the job is how often our customers leave happy and being able to go that extra mile for them.
Great Discounts
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 7, 2018
Expect to be completely dead on some days if you don't have client appointments and busy while understaffed the other days.

You're given a calendar with what has to be completed for the month, not bad if you stay on top of things except when they send multiple transfers due within 2 days over the weekend and you are busy on the sales floor.

Must look elevated on the sales floor so expect some girls to walk slowly after 6 hours in heels. You may wear current flats as long as it elevate your look which some larger store managers will not condone.

Its tough to only supervise 7 hours of your shift and expected to bring in 30% plus of days sales. Sales gets competitive between management and staff. You may be sent home early so full time can hit their goals.
Pros
The discounts and some managers are good working with your schedules, monthly wardrobe that you pay very little on.
Cons
They expect you to do more work than is required in your job description with MINIMUM pay, understaffed so rarely can call off if you have an emergency, no support for career advancement
Collaborative environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 22, 2018
Some days are very slow paste. Our busier days are mainly on Fridays and weekends. But overall Michael Kors is a great company to work for. I love that we're able to receive a free garment of our choice every month.
Pros
Free apparel
Cons
No paid time off or benefits unless you're full time.
No career advancement here!
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  USAApril 20, 2018
I came to MK with the promise of being promoted, and that was never the case. Development plans are written at review time and stashed away. My manager didn't take note of my desire to move up until I put in my notice. Constant role playing and coaching on the floor were exhausting. You have to give your people down time or they will go crazy and shut down!
Pros
Great discount, top notch health benefits
Cons
No development/career path
Wonderful opportunity
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2018
When I started working for Michael Kors the management was always up to date on presenting new information to the team. We were always kept up to date and knowledgeable about the product! The Michael Kors way to teach things is very hands on and detail oriented, the training that you acquire through the company is actually one of the best because of what is expected and presented to you. Throughout the years, maybe there was lack of opportunity of growth within, you aren’t considered unless they’ve seen interest in you for the position to grow. Other than that the company has great environment.
Pros
Great learning opportunity, flexibility
Cons
Growth within the company takes time and is hard to acquire
lifestyle retail company that is struggling to re-invent themselves in the luxury marketplace
ASSISTANT STORE MANANGER (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2018
Michael Kors is a company struggling with an identity crisis, Lifestyle stores want to be luxury retailers, however their identity and fanbase are more geared towards outlet, discount, and International bulk buyers.
Upper management seems unconcerned with employee growth and development, as there are no training systems or development programs set in place for advancement.
If you are a college student and not looking for a career in retail, but looking for a fun and flexible day to day job, while at school. MK could be a match for you.

For anything career orientated, I would say to stay clear.
Pros
flexible schedules, fun day-to-day work environment
Cons
low pay for the luxury market, no employee development
Bittersweet
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 22, 2018
The Company is amazing overall. I love that they touch base and keep everyone on board on how the store is doing status wise via. 'chat-ins' My co-workers are amazing as well as management, but this is based on my location. Sometimes it could be a bit stressful working there but that's almost every job, everyday isn't always going to be perfect. I'd recommend this job to anyone who's in school looking for something that's part-time and or anyone who is self motivated and seeking to move up in a fashion retail company because you gain a ton of experience working here!
Pros
Discounts and Wardrobe
Cons
Benefits for Part-time
Disappointed
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 3, 2018
When I joined the company, I was over qualified and I knew that. There were no management positions open. In the following months, the store manager drove all the managers to quit. Leaving an opurtinity for myself to advance within the company. I wasn’t turned away by the previous managers emotions towards the store manager. I was willing to continue my hard work and put more time in to take on the position. I informed the manager I was interested in the position, she informed me she would get back to me. Two weeks later I found the job posted on linked in and asked the manager, she told me the DM was uninterested in interviewing me. I took on so much as a client advisor, including other people’s job responsibilities. I feel unappreciated and I’m disappointed the DM wouldn’t give me an interview after my hard work. Very sad, would have stayed with the company a long time, if the advancement opportunities were offered. The company instead insisted to hire from outside the company.
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Great job for highschool/college students
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYMay 24, 2018
Hours work with your schedule
Great if you want to earn a little extra cash
Staff was great
Discount is great
Cashiering and Selling was fun
Very competitive
Pros
free food during the holidays
Cons
No benefits for Part-timers
It's Not Great
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
I've been working here for almost three years, unfortunately. It is clear others feel similarly, as the turnover is incredibly high. The work/life balance is pretty good (almost no one works more than 8 hour days), but upper management is poor and inaccessible. There is very little room for growth or advancement, unless someone senior to you decides to leave the company, which happens often. The culture here is lacking as well. I will say the people are nice overall, but the atmosphere is generally non-collaborative and unhappy. The compensation is decent for the fashion industry, but considering this is a billion dollar company, most employees are generally underpaid. The only perk is the discounts (50% off all full-price merchandise), but that gets old after awhile, in my opinion.
Pros
Discounts, good work/life balance
Cons
Upper management, company culture, compensation
Official response from Michael Kors
January 2, 2018

We appreciate the time you took to complete this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience, as it does not align with our core values. We strongly believe that our people are our greatest asset and have multiple opportunities for growth for our employees. We will review your feedback and make any appropriate changes. For more details about Michael Kors values and culture, please visit our Careers site www.michaelkors.com/careers.
- Michael Kors Human Resources

Productive and fast-paced environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAMarch 27, 2018
Michael Kors is a good place to start a career but after 6 months it is quite disappointing because they don't treat well as an employee , they don't give any benefits and they don't care about your health , try living a time with no pays it is pretty hard right? it is disrespectful and unlawful.
Official response from Michael Kors
April 2, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to complete this review. We are very sorry to hear about your experience, as it does not align with our company’s values. We aim to ensure that our compensation and various benefits packages are competitive, fair, and meet industry standards.
- Michael Kors Human Resources

fast-paced, great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAMay 24, 2018
MK offers a fast paced work style with great benefits if you are full-time. As a part-time, you compete for certain sales goals, as well as end of the month bonus for reaching your goals.
not a good place to work
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 19, 2018
worked in the warehouse for a bit , they have poor management and expect way to much for min wage (13.25 in the warehouse Whittier) and you cant even have your cell phone with you and they use their holiday sale as a way to motivate you to stay longer and not call out . they have a ten point system and expect you to extend or have 1 to zero days off at a wime but make it a courtesy to go to a doctor visit or court ... be smart and go somewhere else like i did
Pros
none if your a temp
Cons
bad management, schedule changes within an hour notice and

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight