Michael Kors Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I always felt at home working at Michael Kors.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Primm, NVJuly 11, 2018
Since the day I went in for an interview I felt at home. The manager that was interviewing me wasn't making me feel uncomfortable or nervous at all. I got along with all my co workers, and managers. My managers are great coaches they teached me a lot of product knowledge, communication skills, problem solving skills, and skills to achieve a sales goal.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short brakes
Productive, fast paced
Stock Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at work for my role is to check in and receive shipment. I learned communication skills, and time management. Management is efficient. Workplace culture is fast paced. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with organization in back of house after getting shipment.
Pros
Fair break times. 30min- 1 hour depending on shift
Floor Management needs improvement
Shipping (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 11, 2018
Been with MK for several years now. Pay and benefits are fine and many of the floor employees try to do a good job. But time and time again, the executive team continues to promote internals into leadership or mgmt roles and most have failed miserably. Just because someone is a veteran of the production floor does not make them an effective leader or mgr. HR needs to take fully charge of the recruiting and hiring of truly experienced and highly skilled externals, people that are skilled with communication and leadership. Stop being lazy with promoting internals or hiring “ friends of friends”. We are MK and we deserve the best leadership and mgmt out there.
Pros
Employee discount, nice co workers
Cons
Incompetent Dept Managers and Supervisors
Horrible Managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TXJuly 10, 2018
The hours were minimum. The main manager was the worst, everyone complained about her. Dont work at an MK outlet store ever! They dont pay enough either, yet they expect so much as if you were getting paid so much. employees I worked with were so nice, but the manager made it hard for us to enjoy our time working there.
Pros
Cons
to stressful, not enough pay for how much they expect.
Awful company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2018
Terrible communication between supervisors and employees. Terrible schedules and high discrimination. When they want to get rid of an employee they make them stay late to help "clean" and scrub toilets and bathroom floors stating that everyone does it, they do not. They purposefully make it unbearable to work there when they don't like you or if you don't fit the "type". The only positive thing I can say about working for this company is that I got a discount on products, but now I would never purchase anything from this company nor will any of my extended family and friends after the horrible experience I had with them.
Fun and goal oriented
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 7, 2018
I have a fun and rewarding experience working with Michael Kors. My coworkers are all friendly and helpful. Our store manager is amazing at pushing us to reach our goals in a fun and competitive way.
Pros
Friendly environment
A good environment overall
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 6, 2018
Michael Kors is a strong company to work for and they treat their employees well. I think they could improve upon their promoting from within policy though.
Pros
discounts
Sales Associates
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 3, 2018
The company strives to be good work environment for its employees though it really depends on your manager and district manager on how healthy the store is.
Productive and fune
Sales Supervisor / Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 3, 2018
Always a fun environment. Contests were given to sales associates on a monthly basis. The individual that achieved the most sales are given a percentage on their check as a reward.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Altoona, IAJuly 2, 2018
It is a fun and fast paced work environment, constantly engaging with customers and fellow co-workers. Must be able to communicate well and provide exceptional customer service.
Sales driven.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJune 28, 2018
I enjoyed working here until a lot of my friends came and started working with me, then it ruined it for me because the sales competition was out of control and ruined our friendships. I did enjoy the rest of the employees and all of my managers were nice.
Pros
Discounts, fun managers
Cons
Sales were crazy
Amazing Growth Opportunities
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 27, 2018
Michael Kors has opened lots of doors for me and I have grown so much within the organization. Back in 2013 I started as an innocent sales assistant learning the ropes of how to become an effective seller. Fast forward 5 years later, I am currently the Assistant Store Manager.
Pros
wardrobe, discount, work life balance
Cons
Changes in upper leadership
Michael Kors Review
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJune 26, 2018
Michael Kors stylist postion taught me time management and uniform procedures to keep business on track. However, moving up in the company was challenging.
Engaging Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 26, 2018
Great environment to work with. You must be a quick learner and adapt to every situation. Must be relatable and patient depending on the client you are working with.
Are they hiring
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 25, 2018
Does anyone knows if they are hiring, if so what’s the number I can call? I’ve been Searching it but won’t come out. it would mean lot for your help thanks!
Was a great job till the screwed me over
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 23, 2018
Spent 2 years with the company and they couldn’t even transfer me properly when I relocated my family. I had the transfer all set up and they completely left me high and dry when I got to my location, already filling the position they told me I had obtained.
Pros
Good perks
Cons
Management and strict on appearance
Great part time job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJune 22, 2018
Great job when in college, or looking for a part time job after a 9am-5pm job. Work place is very fast paced considering it is an outlet. Co-workers are fun and enjoyable for the most part. Managers are fun and someone you can talk to and rely on outside of the workplace. In the workplace, somewhat unorganized, not much structure or control. Managers are always on different pages, communication isn't great. If you are lookin for an easy but fun part time job, you have come to the right place.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay
Collaborative environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 22, 2018
Some days are very slow paste. Our busier days are mainly on Fridays and weekends. But overall Michael Kors is a great company to work for. I love that we're able to receive a free garment of our choice every month.
Pros
Free apparel
Cons
No paid time off or benefits unless you're full time.
First Corporate JOb
ECOM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
Depending on your position you may have a great work life balance or you may be at the office 10 hours a day. The people who work here are nice, but if you dont speak up your voice will never be heard.
Does not care for employees
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2018
The company overall does not represent anything good. Woman are forced to be wardrobed in dresses and heals on hard floors for 8 hours. They used to pay well and have many hours to give out but in recent years the pay and wardrobe allowance has been decreasing a crazy amount. Even managers aren't guaranteed 40 hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight