Play YouTube video button

Michael Kors Employee Reviews for Stylist

Found 40 reviews matching the search See all 1,328 reviews
Featured review
Michael Kors selected this as a representative review
Great management and company culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 14, 2019
I worked for the company for two years and it was a great brand to work for. I learned so much about the luxury retail industry and always had a great experience.
An elevated retail work space
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORJune 25, 2019
Great retail management team. Very flexible with hours, especially if you are in school or have a second job.
-Fun Retail workspace
-Designer elevated store
Competition drives motivation, while still having fun
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2019
Working at Michael Kors has been one of the most uplifting careers I have experienced. I was given the opportunity to explore and share with my clients, we spoke of fashion inspiration and product knowledge. I grew tremendously from day one since they offer the tools to succeed. The management is goal driven, which always inspired me to be the best version of myself.
Pros
Goal driven, Great with scheduling
Cons
No cons
By far my favorite place to work to date
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Canutillo, TX 79835February 8, 2019
I was a guy selling women's clothing, but my managers gave me a chance and made sure I was equipped to succeed. Managers and supervisors were absolutely awesome. I only left because I lived so far away and could no longer afford to commute.
Great place to gain experience
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 16, 2019
The daily routine at Michael Kors was very efficient and purposeful. The manager on duty would always update me on tasks that had been done before my shift, sales goals I needed to achieve and what sales were made for the day. It was essential to build and maintain clientele through our own personalized clientele book. Every shift, if foot traffic was slow, I had to contact my clients about the latest collections we had out. I always maintained to provide personalized attention to all clients of specific products suited for them and uphold MK merchandising standards. I learned many essential skills working for MK. MK polished my customer service by elevating my use of language and knowledge. MK also helped me provide excellent customer during and after a sale. To add on, I was able to work better under pressure, work in a busy team, I became more efficient with time management and problem solving, and lastly MK helped me pay attention to every little detail. The hardest part about the job was that it was very competitive. We were ranked weekly based on our sales performance and it was always a challenge to not be at the bottom. However, I loved working for Michael Kors because of our friendly culturally diverse staff and the knowledge i gained in my professional life.
Pros
Great management and team
Cons
Foot traffic was slow for the majority of the time
Fun workplace environment with great music.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 1, 2018
A typical work included; greeting customers and building a rapport and client list. Working towards daily goals and maintaining overall look of store.
Pros
Team work driven environment and half off on all products.
Cons
Healthcare was not provided unless certain hours were met.
Fast pace environment
Stylist- Columbus Circle (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
Working at Michael Kors; Iv'e learned to sell more than clothes, which includes accessories and handbags.They have sales training classes for the luxury collection called Mchael Kors Collection. Michael Kors is a fast pace environment; especially on holidays.
Michael Kors Review
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJune 26, 2018
Michael Kors stylist postion taught me time management and uniform procedures to keep business on track. However, moving up in the company was challenging.
Does not care for employees
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2018
The company overall does not represent anything good. Woman are forced to be wardrobed in dresses and heals on hard floors for 8 hours. They used to pay well and have many hours to give out but in recent years the pay and wardrobe allowance has been decreasing a crazy amount. Even managers aren't guaranteed 40 hours.
Productive and fast pace work environment
Sales Stylist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 3, 2018
My position in Michael Kors is a sales stylist. A typical day at work consisted of selling the product in the store, such as handbags, wallets, watches, etc. What I have learned is how to be an eager seller, and reach for my goal. The management is good because they push you, but in a good way. They want you to succeed and improve. The workplace culture is good, everyone works as a team and gets along, which is a reason why working there is enjoyable.
review summary
Stylist / Floor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 10, 2018
This was a wonderful work place great benefits and discounts wonderful management team wonderful product. This was a safe comfortable place to work and I loved it
Fast-paced and competitive work environment
STYLIST (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMarch 1, 2018
Overall Michael Kors is an awesome place to work. The discounts are great and the pace is quick. The job advancement and management could really use some touching up and revisiting. Under the current management it is very difficult to grow within the company even if you are producing excellent numbers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the multitude of people you get to meet and connect with.
Pros
great discount
Cons
management
Official response from Michael Kors
March 19, 2018

We genuinely appreciate the time you spent informing us about your experience with Michael Kors. We will review your feedback and make the appropriate changes.
- Michael Kors Human Resources

Quick paced enviroment
Sales/ Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2018
This company is very quick paced and cut throat. There is a lot of competitiveness that comes with working in this company. Through these trials it has taught me to be an efficient stylist/ sales associate.
Great Management Learning Experience
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCFebruary 7, 2018
I was only a stylist, but my sales managers new I wanted a career in retail management. They took me under their wing and acted like I was a management trainee, even though there wasn't a position open and encouraged me to always look to advance myself. I learned so much at Michael Kors.
The most Unfulfilling Place I have Ever worked
Men's Stylist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2018
To start off I had 7 unpaid interviews were I had to travels 30+ min some interviews didn't last 10 min. The location was extremely low volume. Most shifts you are alone left to pace the floor for hours. You are required to wear MK and pay for it.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long night shifts, required wardrobe, work life balance
Official response from Michael Kors
January 30, 2018

- Michael Kors Human Resources

Sales/Stylist
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 3, 2017
The opportunity to continue growing with in the company is open for anyone who is passionate about their role. By far in my opinion my favorite job, and within the experience it has helped me develop my intercommunication skills and professionalism.
Pros
Experience
High volume sales associate
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXOctober 16, 2017
Jet set based persona, had to be dressed up every single work day and made sure you look your best and wear Michael Kors clothing the minute you walk into the door. I learned how to sell within the work place and the importance of product knowledge. Management is extremely focused on meeting sales goals for the day. The hardest part of the job was meeting your sales goal on a very slow day and competing with the other sales associates. The most enjoyable part was learning about the brand and communicating with clients.
Pros
Breaks, and discounts
Cons
Extremely competitive
Fun, happy competitive enviornment
Fashion Stylist (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 6, 2017
Loved the culture and the employees. Excited to be surrounded by happy individuals. Company was a complete pleasure to work for many perks..clothing allowance
Inviting, Enthusiastic, Young Professional environment.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 10, 2017
For any young adult looking to get into sales at any luxury retailer, Michael Kors is great for entry level. They teach you how to connect with your clients on a more personal level, how to up sell, and ensure your clients purchase after the sale. The most enjoyable part of this job was the freedom of styling, how consistent we get new ready-to-wear pieces, and being able to showcase those pieces to our clients.
Amazing, beautiful coworkers who become family!
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 22, 2017
Michael Kors is an amazing company to work for. My experience working at Michael Kors in Tukwila, WA was nothing short of phenomenal. You will build an amazing clientele!
Pros
Free Lunches on long inventory Nights, Wearing the Beautiful MK Line
Stylist Review
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 22, 2017
Not really styling, more like lead sales associate. Have your own list of clients to manage. Learned a lot about handbags. Management was great and relaxed for the most part. Work can be stressful at times if you don't meet your goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

17%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss