Michael Page
Information from Michael Page:

Michael Page Employee Reviews

United States73 reviews
Interesting Company
Fun work environment however it is definitely a sales driven environment. You are expected to work long hours (8a-6pm) and meet expectations within a very short time period. Company has an extremely high turn over rate for recruiters so unless you are working overtime, to the T, and performing well - job security is extremely questionable. Average lifespan for most recruiters is 8-10 months. If even that.
Excuse Me
Michael Page are recruiters, People applying for this job are not going to be working at Michael Page, I've spoken with many recruiters at Michael Page, they all seem like nice People whom care about your best interest.
Overall good place to work
Overall Michael Page is a good place to work. The pay is fair, the people are friendly, and the office is nice.

The best part about the job is the people you work with.

The hardest part about the job is it can be very boring. It's essentially a remote recruiting role so you are at your desk all day. Some markets are completely remote so you can never really meet anyone face to face.

However if you're looking for a desk job, this isn't a bad one as long as you don't mind cold calling businesses and people.
Very corporate
Great experience, worked with a good staff, training was often and senior management interacted with all levels in the firm. Team mentality made working with CTBC a good fit.
Good work environment
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Great workplace
My recruiter and their manager were very encouraging and helpful to preparing me to meet clients and for interviews. Even after placement, they steadily checked in and supported me. Would love to work with them again.
I recommend working at Michael Page.
The position I held was a temporary assignment. People were friendly. Commute was long. Work environment was business professional. Security was a plus.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Assignment could have been longer
It is a great place to work and grow your sales experience. They offer a lot of training programs that have proven very beneficial for me and my future endeavors. Work is a little tense but they do a great job of making it as fun as possible.
Horrible place
They post fake jobs. They post positions they don't actually have just to have a pool of candidates when they do have positions like that. Stay away. Then they will duck your emails and calls and act like you're bothering them. Stay away................................
Pros
Cons
all of them
Official response from Michael Page
April 17, 2019
At PageGroup, we are leaders in the recruitment industry and we hold ourselves to high ethical standards. For over four decades, we have been the exemplar of how good business is conducted. Thank you. Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director.
It's improving, but could be better
As a global brand, Michael Page is strong, but faces a very strong uphill battle in North America. Incredibly high turnover rate is its biggest downfall. Recruiters are sometimes promoted too quickly, based solely on hitting numbers and not experience, while there's an acute stagnation in career progression among the support departments.
Pros
Bagel Mondays
Cons
Stressful performance culture, lack of direction from management
Good place
As long as you met the goals placed by your department it is overall a great place to work. The people are great to work with. You work hard and you do get rewarded.
Productive and fast paced
A typical day at work starts around 8 am and ends around 5 pm, Learned Insurance accounting. Workplace culture employees may help each other but competitive.
Michael Page was good at finding the type of work you're looking for. They also gather all information about the job prior to them calling you to see if you're interested. I would definitely refer others to Michael Page temp agency
Poor management.
Start up company with no growth potential. Not enough tasks with my position. Company went out of business shortly after I left. Not challenging. Not productive enough.
Michael Page - Business Development
Michael Page is a great place to work. The hours are a bit long for those that haven't had to work hard before but pretty normal for those who have been serious about their career. "Normal Hours" are 8:00AM-6:00PM (Monday - Thursday)
8:00AM-5:00PM (Friday)

Every Monday our office gets breakfast provided and on Fridays we take the last hour to have a few beers or glasses of wine and chat with our colleagues (So really hours on Friday are like 8:00-4:00). And every quarter there is a QB (quarterly bash) where we take a half day and go have fun with some drinks on a boat or with some fun activities. It's a real "Work hard. Play hard" mentality.

The base pay is very competitive and it's not a draw. There is also excellent bonus potential every quarter (7%-12% of any billed revenue over $60k). And the medical benefits are great plus you get 20 PTO/Vacation days, 5 sick days, all bank holidays off (plus a 1/2 day the Friday before), and a shortened schedule during the Christmas season.

With that being said, it's no joke. It's a competitive, hard-working, stressful, relentlessly fast-paced environment. If you're new to sales (or working for that matter) it's going to really gear your mindset to be entrepreneurial but will also weed out those with a weak work-ethic fairly quickly. Goals are tough and getting there is a grind. It requires a lot of focus, persistence, and perseverance. There will be times when that week sucks and it's tough to get in there. And then there will be killer weeks in which you won't want to end. All-in-all, the time goes by quickly,
 - more...
Pros
Competitive, Compensation, Culture, Company, Industry, Growth/Development
Cons
Work/Life Balance (slightly), Typical Company Issues
People were great
My management was awesome but I know not beyond felt that way. People were really great but the hours and the type of work are very very hard. Great training.
Best Work Environment
What a great group of people! Truly enjoyed every minute at work. The executive level staff is really involved and caring about both the company and the employees (always going above and beyond). Cannot say enough good things about them. Service provided is always top-notch.
Wonderful company very fair to employees
Great place to work and easy to work with management. The leadership teams foster professional growth and provide resources that help assure their employees are doing all that they can to help support the individuals the agency serves.
Great Place to Start Your Career
MP is an excellent place to start your career in recruitment. The training is excellent and the culture can be great.

This is an opportunity for someone who thrives in a high pressure, high volume, high stress environment. If you don't want to work hard, you cant and wont enjoy it here. Now, if you are that person you can crush it here.
Will not pay you on time
Inefficiency from the UK to NY. Will give you the runaround regarding payment. You will have to chase them to ensure that your payment comes in on time... and it still won't come in on time. You'll additionally be fed lies regarding a 'faulty system' which only affects 10 employees and a lack of petty cash in their NY office... Do not work here if you actually need the money which is rightfully yours.
Cons
untimely pay
Official response from Michael Page
May 10, 2018
The sustainability of our business relies on our candidates. Whether we are making advisements or paying our temps, it is of the utmost importance for us to deliver on everything we promise. That being said, I apologize if there has been an error with payroll, so please contact me directly so we can ensure the problem is solved. No company is impervious to technical glitches regardless of size. Furthermore, PageGroup Consultants will never force a candidate to take a job – it is ultimately the candidates prerogative to accept or decline the job offers. Thank you. Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director.
Currently working
I can't give a full review at this time. I have been paid when my time has been put in correctly. Michael Page did find me a job quickly, and close to my home.
Pros
I received a job
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Page. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.