Michael Page Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Will not pay you on time
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2018
Inefficiency from the UK to NY. Will give you the runaround regarding payment. You will have to chase them to ensure that your payment comes in on time... and it still won't come in on time. You'll additionally be fed lies regarding a 'faulty system' which only affects 10 employees and a lack of petty cash in their NY office... Do not work here if you actually need the money which is rightfully yours.
Cons
untimely pay
May 10, 2018

The sustainability of our business relies on our candidates. Whether we are making advisements or paying our temps, it is of the utmost importance for us to deliver on everything we promise. That being said, I apologize if there has been an error with payroll, so please contact me directly so we can ensure the problem is solved. No company is impervious to technical glitches regardless of size. Furthermore, PageGroup Consultants will never force a candidate to take a job – it is ultimately the candidates prerogative to accept or decline the job offers. Thank you. Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director.

Good entry level job. All depends on your team
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2018
You are expected to be successful very quickly. However, they have invested a lot in training and development so there are a lot of eyes on you to perform.
Pros
straight forward promotion targets
Cons
Micromanagement and "discretionary" bonus structure.
Fun company with a lot of opportunities
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityFebruary 16, 2018
Learn team work
Try to do my best in any responsibility that I have in charge.
Found a second plan before they ask me for it
Do my extra mile all months and try to be better every month
Create new solutions or ways to improve the results
Pros
Compensations
Cons
Work hours
Sales Environment
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2018
Great pay but long hours and very demanding sales culture. You are required to sell the jobs to any qualified candidate regardless if they are a good fit or if it is what they are looking for.
February 26, 2018

At PageGroup, we take a consultative approach. A significant element of our job is to assist our candidates in reaching their fullest potentials, and this may come in the form of providing career advice as well as guiding them towards jobs they may not have originally envisioned for themselves. We are extremely transparent, and ultimately it is the candidate’s prerogative to communicate with us should they ever wish to steer the job search in a different direction. As we are in the business of establishing and maintaining long-term relationships, we strive to create a dynamic that keeps our candidates and clients coming back to work with us again. Hence, it’s crucial for us to secure our candidates with jobs that will further their careers, suit their skill sets and make them happy in their working environments. Thank you. Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director.

Poor management and outdated metrics
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Benefits and PTO tend to very generous, but certainly expected to work a lot of hours to feel like you deserve it. If you do not see the results, expect a lot of scrutiny. If you do well, the leash is loosened. If you work 10+ hour days and don't bill, you are labelled as a non-intense lax worker. Culture is competitive and performance-based, and can be immature and petty. Senior Management will call you out, humiliate you, and use fear tactics to get you to perform. Managers are those promoted within based strictly on revenue targets, proving to be good at sales, but lacking in any unique management style and knowledge of employee motivation and morale. Trickled down fear tactics from senior management are the norm.

Some managers can be better, some people can be easier to get along with than others, if you perform and see results, there are plenty of incentives and generous bonuses and rewards.
January 18, 2018

PageGroup operates as a traditional sales organization, and as such, we find a performance-based culture to be effective in yielding the results we strive to attain. The job of a Recruitment Consultant is not for the faint of heart as we have high performance standards and there are consistently new challenges to be faced on a daily basis. With that being said, we have established an environment where our people are positioned to achieve success, and our management team works tirelessly to motivate, support and help each person maximize his or her potential. While our Managers certainly incorporate idiosyncratic leadership styles tailored to their teams, recruitment will always be a results-driven industry, and we never shy away from conveying this message. Thank you. Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director.

Shady business practices, beware
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2017
After 4 days worth of interviews, I received a verbal offer as a recruitment consultant at Michael Page. At the time, I was also considering an offer from one of their top competitors. After encouraging me to refuse the competitors offer (which I did) I was informed that Michael Page was rescinding my original offer.

Shady business practices accompanied by poor communication and management by higher-ups.

DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!
November 30, 2017

It’s important to us to provide a high level of service to our clients and candidates. We are very sorry to hear about this experience and for any miscommunication. We would appreciate if you could contact us directly to further discuss this matter and remedy the situation. Thank you, Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director

WS a great temp agency I’ve worked with
Fleetpro- Accounts Payable Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2017
Great company to work for outstanding ustimer service explained the job in detail and Checked I’m on my very often and not to many agencies really do that
Stressful sales envirnment
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 2, 2017
Good company for a stepping stone into better opportunities. Has a great training structure to help you grow within company, and other companies outside of Michael Page know this.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Extreamly stressful
Fast paced
ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT-INTERNAL AUDIT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
faced paced environment and room for improvement if under the right management. good pay for a started position and near my home town also so commute was not bad
Pros
multiple vacation days
Cons
management did not help me advance in my career
Great place for smart workers
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2017
Some of these reviews are hilarious and clearly not written by actual MP employees. MP is an awesome company to work for - we get breakfast on mondays, can expense meals , get recognized with bottles of champange when we do well, get quartley parties that can include a trip to the wineries or white water rafting, we get quarterly bonuses that range from 5k to 40k. I had no prior recruitment experience and was started on a base salary of $60k. On fridays we leave early and are able have a drink ar our desk in the afternoon. We dont clock in or out and its not about how much time we are at our desk, but what we accomplish. We have the ability to work from home and get 1 month of vacation. If you hit your targets you get a free trip- targets arent hard to hit, i hit mine in my second quarter with no recruitnent experience. Also, if we dont call you back, dont take it personal - take it as what it is - bussiness. If youre good for a job, well call you, because you are essentially our money. Also, MP pays too high of a base to have to pay OT ...so not that I think they would actually 'promise' OT..but if its not in your contract/offfer letter, thats your own fault. If you are a clock watcher , want a job to do bare minimum at, and dont understand the value /payoff of hard work, def not a job for you.
Pros
Breakfast, flexible schedule, great work cukture
Cons
Cant think of any
Overall Good
FIU Investigator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
I was disappointed when I started working for Michael Page, because they made promises for overtime that weren't given. Over all the company is good, but when promises are made contractors expect them to be carried out.
Pros
Cons
broken promises
October 12, 2017

We are very sorry to hear about this experience you had with us and would like to investigate it further. Please feel free to reach out to us to share more information about this incident. Thank you, Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director. (212) 661-4800

These agencies only care about whats good for them not recommended
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 11, 2017
Agents do not return phone calls or find work.Its all about them they do not care about people looking for a job.Jobs that are posted are usually posted multiple times.
Pros
Cons
do not bother wasting your time they never follow up
Terrible place to work if you have a soul
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2017
Management is very misogynistic, they claim to foster a team atmosphere but unless you're a shark you won't make it here. You are rewarded well for success, but as soon as you falter even a little, management turns on you.
Pros
Good pay, perks if you do well
Cons
Everything else
Not a great Recruiting Company
Client (Former Employee) –  Central NUMay 28, 2017
They interviewed me and I never heard from them again. The interview went well and I was told there would be something as soon as the following week then nothing. So disappointed.
Great Opportunity (Former Employee) –  Great OpportunityMay 5, 2017
I enjoyed working here, I learned a lot about operations management and the financial sector. workplace culture was cool and laxed but with a fast paced environment.
Pros
Great Opportunity
Cons
Great Opportunity
Michael Page
Recruiting Consultant (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYMarch 2, 2017
Working for MP was a great first experience. It is the type of job where you need to go up and above consistently to receive fair compensation. It is a very competitive environment and if you're okay sacrificing a work-life balance then this job is for you. The people are so young and fun, but that is also where management suffers a bit.
Attentive Recruiter but unwilling trainers.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJFebruary 23, 2017
Though optimistic about learning, the training process was the hardest part of my days at work.

Patience was shown by some but many complained about not wanting to train me that I was uncomfortable and embarrassed when even the supervisors had to rebuke the staff for their unwillingness to cooperate.
Pros
Short distance to travel.
Cons
Not willing to train me.
For a company that is supposed to source talent, they have no idea how to treat them
HR Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Not sure how they can source talent properly when they don't know how to manage it when they source it.

Horrible communication, bad attitudes from the recruiters. They claim to know how to find you HR talent, but they do not know how to keep talented HR people engaged.

Maybe treat your HR executives you try to herd in like cows so you can have a book better, because we will remember you when it comes time to hire an agency.

I wouldn't use this agency to source candidates for a company if it was the last agency on earth.
proud to be working for MP
Consultant (Current Employee) –  BelgiumDecember 14, 2016
Michael Page offers you a perfect environment to become a great recruiter. In every step during your carreer you'll receive trainings. As an employee you'll feel valued and management is flexible and offers you any possibilities you're looking for (training and coaching, management positions and growth opportunities, international careers, pregnancy plans etc.) Bonuses or commissions might be lower compared to agencies that are not as established yet, but your benefits will make up for it. Clients and candidates respect you because those relations are very important to Michael Page. And they realize it's the fundation of a good recruitment agency. It is a company that has a certain authority and is well established in the market but is continuously improving to remain one of the key players in the industfy. If you are looking for a professional, encouraging, environment with lots of growth possibilities, good package and a great atmosphere, you should have applied by now. <3
Pros
continuous training, international opportunities, great work environment, professional company, good package, flexible towards employees
Cons
commissions are not great
Good agency and people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 13, 2016
Recruiter that places people in temporary positions. I was placed as a receptionist in Horsham, PA for 6 months. Everyone at the agency and position were thoroughly enjoyable. Working conditions were very good.
Pros
Free lunch at end of month for employees
Cons
Communication could be better.