Michael Page

Michael Page Employee Reviews

Michael Page insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good Company to Start Career

I did really well at Michael Page and overall enjoyed my time there. Most people didn't have good work/life balance but I never had a problem with that and worked 40 hours/week and advanced faster than most. I learned a lot through my managers and although the work environment was toxic in the beginning, it improved drastically in a short period of time. Overall I'm glad I worked there.

Pros

excellent training, I had an awesome direct manager, upper management was great overall too, base salary is good for the industry, great location in the middle of the city, a clear path to job advancement

Cons

lack of work/life balance (for most, not me), really stressful environment that can be toxic, lack of trust between employees, the commission is less than average in the market, lack of diversity (nearly everyone is caucasian)

Great place to work and have a career

Well paid. Plenty of opportunity for promotion Clear targets for these promotionGood management team that cares about employees and aim to do the right thing.Hard working and challenging, you will learn a lot and have a lot of variety in your job

Pros

Great benefits, comp, vacation days, management

Cons

Job can be stressful if you are not resilient and a self starter

Immature leadership

Sales culture where they only care about the bottom line and what you bill. Top performers can be horrible employees and no one cares. HR is a joke. Not a place where you can stay throughout your career unless you are a frat boy who will never grow up.

Great place to grow professionally and clear career advancement

I have enjoyed my time at Michael Page so far. From day one, they offer great training and spend time ensuring you are set up for success. Strong collaborative atmosphere that assist in breeding success.

Great place to work! Lots of opportunities for advancement

Very solid. Good training, great people and culture. Interesting work. Never run out of things to do (in a good way!). Lots of learning opportunities and very clear path towards promotion

Pros

Clear path to promotion, inclusive environment

Cons

Occasionally pointless meetings/trainings

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Good company, but not long term

It's a great place to start your career and learn for a few years, but long term it's not a place you can make a lot of money. The work itself is enjoyable, and the people are fun.

Pros

Work itself is fun and challenging

Cons

Management doesn't know what they are doing

Felt like a Frat house

Childish and Ego driven, alcohol was encouraged after hours felt like a college environment not a professional one. Upper management for the region was awesome but did not translate to each level.

Pros

Top Management was great but doesn't translate to all

Cons

Too concerned with the social aspect felt childish

Hard to balance work/life

Good place to learn sales, but very hard to start at. the first year is definetely the hardest after that it gets betterturn over is high as anywhere in the industry

Pros

learning

Cons

long hours, stresful

Great starter Job

Michael Page is a great opportunity for those that have no idea what you want to do. As a recruiter you willSpeak with a variety of individuals from various backgrounds- and this can give you insight. Be prepared to work extremely long hours(55-60 hours), eat lunch at the desk, and cold call! It’s a high production environment!

Pros

Decent Pay, Promotional Opportunities, Free food, good exit Opps

Cons

Toxic culture, long hours, high stress, no diversity

Great Company

A lot of learning opportunities and great resources. I really enjoyed the clear cut corporate structure that allows you to completely understand the expectations of the organization.

Jobs at Michael Page

See more jobs

Interesting Company

Fun work environment however it is definitely a sales driven environment. You are expected to work long hours (8a-6pm) and meet expectations within a very short time period. Company has an extremely high turn over rate for recruiters so unless you are working overtime, to the T, and performing well - job security is extremely questionable. Average lifespan for most recruiters is 8-10 months. If even that.

Excuse Me

Michael Page are recruiters, People applying for this job are not going to be working at Michael Page, I've spoken with many recruiters at Michael Page, they all seem like nice People whom care about your best interest.

Overall good place to work

Overall Michael Page is a good place to work. The pay is fair, the people are friendly, and the office is nice. The best part about the job is the people you work with. The hardest part about the job is it can be very boring. It's essentially a remote recruiting role so you are at your desk all day. Some markets are completely remote so you can never really meet anyone face to face. However if you're looking for a desk job, this isn't a bad one as long as you don't mind cold calling businesses and people.

Very corporate

Great experience, worked with a good staff, training was often and senior management interacted with all levels in the firm. Team mentality made working with CTBC a good fit.

Good work environment

Great workplace

My recruiter and their manager were very encouraging and helpful to preparing me to meet clients and for interviews. Even after placement, they steadily checked in and supported me. Would love to work with them again.

I recommend working at Michael Page.

The position I held was a temporary assignment. People were friendly. Commute was long. Work environment was business professional. Security was a plus.

Pros

Positive atmosphere

Cons

Assignment could have been longer

It is a great place to work and grow your sales experience. They offer a lot of training programs that have proven very beneficial for me and my future endeavors. Work is a little tense but they do a great job of making it as fun as possible.

Horrible place

They post fake jobs. They post positions they don't actually have just to have a pool of candidates when they do have positions like that. Stay away. Then they will duck your emails and calls and act like you're bothering them. Stay away................................

Pros

Cons

all of them

Official response from Michael Page

April 17, 2019
At PageGroup, we are leaders in the recruitment industry and we hold ourselves to high ethical standards. For over four decades, we have been the exemplar of how good business is conducted. Thank you. Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director.

It's improving, but could be better

As a global brand, Michael Page is strong, but faces a very strong uphill battle in North America. Incredibly high turnover rate is its biggest downfall. Recruiters are sometimes promoted too quickly, based solely on hitting numbers and not experience, while there's an acute stagnation in career progression among the support departments.

Pros

Bagel Mondays

Cons

Stressful performance culture, lack of direction from management

Good place

As long as you met the goals placed by your department it is overall a great place to work. The people are great to work with. You work hard and you do get rewarded.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Page. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss