Michael and Son Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with a great amount of experience,
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  VirginaMay 7, 2018
The place is good place to work. My supervisor treats me well and teaches me how to perform my job. He constantly throws new problems at me so that I can learn and accomplish my duties even more efficiently.

The benefits at Michael and Son are some of the best I've seen and the cost isn't bad either. Very impressed with that.
Pros
Free lunches, healthcare benefits, salary
Could not be happier
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 3, 2018
This is a wonderful place to work. I really feel that I am providing added value to my department and the company as a whole. Management is very friendly and hardworking. Everyone wants to work together to succeed. Pay is competitive and there are always opportunities for advancement or transfer. Employees who have been here longer than me have not stopped talking about how much things have improved.
Not the best company to work for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 17, 2018
They only give you a quarter raise for each promotion. They do not give enough leave time. They offer the best 401K that I have ever seen, however you barely make enough money to put anything into it. They give you a use it or lose it type of leave. You can only accrue 40 hours a year.
Pros
They offer the best 401K that I have ever seen
Cons
They do not offer good raises.
Michael and Son
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 17, 2018
Very relaxed environment not enough career advancements. The management was very nice, and the team members were great. The pay just was not p to par.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Lack of advancement
Relaxed
HVAC Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 23, 2018
Okay place to work, not very busy during off seasons. Needs better areas of advancement. Needs to offer competive pay structure. Needs to offer sick pay and paied holidays.
Company is what you make it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 14, 2018
Working at Michael and Son is different. If you come to work and are ready to do your best, it can be very rewarding. I have seen at least 8 Customer Service and Inside Sales people get promoted. But if you are always late, don't care about the customer, and don't care about your job, you will have a rough time. They just rolled out a pretty good pay plan. I got a raise and am happy. Management is very supportive and want to help me to do my best.
Pros
On site cafeteria, promotions
Cons
Cost of healthcare
Great management and great place to work
Plumber Technician (Current Employee) –  AlexandriaMarch 12, 2018
I really enjoy working at Michael and Son and really enjoy working with our Managers. My experience so far has been a plus for me and my family. Recommended
Not a good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  RichmondFebruary 28, 2018
The company charges way to much. A good majority of managers and not nice and don’t want to work with other departments. There is a lot of back stabbing and one day you are the greatest employee and the next you’re gone. Do not recommend working there
Nice place to start
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 14, 2018
Nice place to start. Work environment is ok and the fact that you don't work weekends is a plus and the early shifts are a must as well. Early morning and weekend free!!!!!
Customer Care Representative III (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 9, 2018
This is just a job to earn a paycheck until I can move forward, although my typical day is pleasant and productive, I need more benefits and a salary increase.
unprofessional
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 7, 2018
this was a very unprofessional job, i was forced to stop working full time hours and work part time and was told if i did not work the part time hours then i would have to quit my job
Pros
bring my children
Cons
unprofessional
Faced Paced
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2018
I really do not want to write anything as a review here as I have nothing really to offer by writing anything here at this time or any time in the future
Micheal And Son
Dispatcher and CSR Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 15, 2018
I would really rather not offer a review on this company. The people were very nice and I believe they were going through changes internally. I learned a lot
Stressful, and Unrewarding
Assistant Plumbing Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 7, 2018
Too many unqualified plumbers. Very deceptive management. Being that the plumbers are on a commission pay scale, the pay is not very reliable. A lot of favoritism. Highly stressful, and not enough time to spend with your family. They believe the company should be your life, and if you can't deal with that, then you should leave. high turnover rate.
Pros
Cons
plenty
Installations Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 15, 2017
Management (Upper Level) is underdeveloped and not in any way a source of assistance and development source. Only participatory when a negative or troublesome issue arises.
Pros
Gold Pay/Salary
Cons
NO ADVANCEMENT Potential
Great place to work as far as environment but don’t expect to get paid a lot
Customer Relations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 13, 2017
Great people that work in the office, very upbeat but can get serious when necessary. Pay is not great at all, they will cut you without notice. Often times free lunch is provided so that’s a plus. The parking situation is horrendous so beware of that.
Pros
Great environment, free lunch often
Cons
Pay is not great at all, they will cut you without notice.
Awesome
Assitant Manager HVAC Department (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 20, 2017
MS is a great place to work, Learn, and Grow - You get job training and also life training - MS made me a much better person in general - I have compassion for people and for their concerns and I learned that while working for the company.
Pros
Education
Great Company and Environment to Work
Collection and Accounting Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 13, 2017
Overall,
Michael and Son Services Inc. is a wonderful company to work for. Friendly and caring staff, good morals, and typically relaxed atmosphere although we may be busy.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Management in my particular division is not the best
Stressful but great experience
Dispatcher/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 20, 2017
I enjoyed the experience and the people I helped while working at Michael and son. Some of the managers for other departments were not respectful and very unfair, they showed a lot of favoritism but all in all I don't regret working there and I value all the knowledge I gained from being employed there.
Terrible Management
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 15, 2017
I will never recommend this company to a friend. The management is terrible, no benefits, and the pay is very low. The company does not take care of their employees.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Management, no benefits, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael and Son. Our community is ready to answer.