Michael Employee Reviews

Treats employees like family
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 6, 2018
Wonderful person to work for, Michael allowed freedom for his employees to do their jobs. He also rewarded good performance with great rewards.

The environment was that of a family and it was a pleasure to work for him.
Fun lively different from day to day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, RUJanuary 24, 2018
Dr. D'Alesio's office was inside the super Walmart so there was something going on. My office manager was amazing we did it all just the 3 of us took care of at least 30 customers a day. I was crossed trained to do reception and optocal technician so from day to day I met with a lot of different people who all had me enjoying my day. This was probably my favorite job. Dr. D' Alesio is a great optometrist who work fast but got the job done. Pay was great too. I was paid salary and if he had to leave and we had to close I still was paid my full wage.
Great place to work!
Usher (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Love working here! Super friendly staff and has a very diverse season. Some of the responsibilities include scanning tickets, ushering guests to seats, and cleaning the theater before and after performances.
Fun position
MANAGER, DATA AND BUSINESS SALES (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VADecember 15, 2017
Great team and great region of employees that we supported. Very innovative and willing to try new approaches to overachieve on targets. Many of the team members were leaders in other fields.
I loved my job here.
Office Manager/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSDecember 6, 2017
Layed back. Educational. I had a lot of responsibility here but nothing I couldnt handle. It was just the Dr., his assistant and myself in the office, so it was super personal.
Pros
Free dental care, family first atmosphere, very relaxed
Cons
No chance to advance, no raises
Quick paced
sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 5, 2017
This is a great job if you enjoy dressing up and being glamorous. Everyone that works there is good looking. It is a very superficial place to work as it makes sense to keep the branding.
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 30, 2017
My typical day at work was sometime slow pace and fast pace depending on the days or Holiday.
I learn how to work a cashier computer.
Workplace culture was very peaceful.
The hardest part of the job is making sure your customers are happy coming in and checking out.
Talking to the customers about art projects or helping them with questions about products.
Pros
friendly employer, and manger
Cons
less hours
interactive work environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 19, 2017
Working at a place where it is a tourist spot to go to because it is so close to the airport is very interesting. It keeps the customers interactions interesting for the customer and the associate. Learning the different countries and experiences they've been through.
Very Fun Work Place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA & Yuba City,CaAugust 24, 2017
I learned so much about this company ..learned a lot about the products they sale..enjoyed the seasonal times..and most of all enjoyed helping the customers and working with the associates.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
You will gain a wealth of knowledge
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Campbell, ILJuly 23, 2017
Lots of responsibilities. As the owner's assistant you may manage every aspect of the office. Even though you may have a ton of responsibilities, it slows down and balances out.
Nice place to work for entry levels
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJune 29, 2017
Nice CEO and employees.
I learned basic office operation skills at Michaels.
Workplace culture: Cantonese/Chinese
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting works done under high pressure and appreciation of the same.
If your planning to stay in a company for a long time this is the one.
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewis, COJune 21, 2017
It sucks that at the beggining you wont get paid as much, but after staying there for a couple years they do give raises. Plus you could advance positions and get paid more.
Pros
Easy as long as you do your job, no one will mess with you.
Cons
There's favoritism between management and some employees.
Good place bad management
HOST, BUS BOY, FOOD EXPO / ISLAND LIFE GRILL (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2017
The establishment has a great atmosphere and a lot of potential. the only issue is the management is very poor and extremely unorganized. Which is why I left.
Productive and high paced work place
Editor/Camera Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2016
I typically would log footage from a live musical performance and edit and two hour show down to 2-5 mins. In between footage coming in, I was responsible for creating and maintaining a database of 100+ hard drives. My editing role was administrative and creative.

I also was a shooting for Michael Thelin Productions, and operated cameras for promotion and livestream content.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Interesting Content
Cons
Long drive to work
Great workplace with great people
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 2, 2016
one of the best high end retail stores to work in and have great management great flow of people and great co workers hardest thing here is not spending your entire check on payday
A lot of hardwork but fun
PA/ADMIN. MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Admin officeHammond, PAAugust 25, 2015
I love my job line and always willing to put in my best. Working with the company has been rewarding in terms of experience gathered, which will help boost my future career
Pros
No delayed salaries
Cons
No medicals
okay for afirst job.
Floral Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 18, 2014
it was a job so I was thankful but the manager was so disrespectful, she let other employees run the store while she was always eating on break.
people always talked trash on headset.
I was told to do something then got in trouble for doing it
Pros
it was a job
Cons
short breaks, no respect to customers, bad management
stable job
Corrigan Tax Collector (Current Employee) –  jacksonville flMarch 3, 2014
A typical day at work for me is answering phone call, routing customer to there correct department. Setting appointment for customer, to come in the office to do certain test. Processing transaction such as property taxes, tag renewals , jea payment etc etc. The hardest part of my job is working with customers that are upset about the fee increase, but with a little calm respond I am able to get them to calm down.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Is Overwork with no reward to show for
Working for Rep. Jackson was rewarding and I gained a wealth of experience in working on a daily basis with his constituents.
State Representative Aide (Former Employee) –  Jackson, LAJanuary 3, 2014
While working for Rep. Michael Jackson, I gained a wealth of experience in working with people. I managed the day to day operation of his office as well as cordinated community events. Worked at the State Capitol with him during Legislative Session assisting with luncheons and fundraising events.
working
Baby Sitting (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIDecember 30, 2013
I woke up and feed the kids breakfast than I would make them go get dressed and washed up in the morning they watched TV for an hour or so they played there games on the computer for a while and than I had to get one kid off the computer at times. We would play inside until it got warmer outside and than we would go outside and they would go into the pool and have fun , after playing in the pool and getting sunshine we would go back inside and make them some lunch and clean them up they would go take a nap if they were extremely tired or would go play the Wii video game system that they have. When it was around 6pm I would go make them some dinner just in time that there dad would get home.
Pros
it was good
Cons
there were none