Michaels Culture reviews

Found 1,244 reviews matching the search See all 6,262 reviews
Fun place to be for a retail position
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 21, 2019
Management at my store is amazing and everyone I work with is super nice and supportive. You get the opportunity to practice your people skills as well as learning to deal with difficult situations involving certain customers. The hardest part would be the stress of working during the holidays, but nothing surprising considering this is a retail position.
Pros
fun team members
Cons
no real growth
Michael's
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 21, 2019
Great place to work, discount was awesome. Promotes from within, flexible. Coworkers were nice, management was understanding and helpful. Overall a really nice place to work
Fun workplace for creative types
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 19, 2019
While this was a retail job, I still found that being surrounded by crafting supplies helped inspire me to be more creative in my personal life. I also loved my coworkers at my location.
Pros
interesting coworkers, fun work environment
Cons
short breaks
lots of fun events
Stocker, Backroom, & Receiving Associate,cashier (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 17, 2019
I have enjoyed the time that I have been at Michaels the co workers are fun to work with and the dept. Manager works along beside her crew which is cool.
Pros
all the information that is avalibal
Cons
small back room
great place to work
EARLY MORNING MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHMarch 14, 2019
part time hours would be okay for a student but as for someone who has to support a family its hard. i like the positon i have and the people i work with.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
not even hours
Fun and fast
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, GAMarch 13, 2019
Great place to work. Good people and great opportunities for those looking to advance by taking the bull by the horns. Definitely a place for people who love to craft. Each department is bound to have one employee who is a pro and can help a customer in need.
Amazing
Cashier/ Customer Service/ Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 6, 2019
I loved working at Michaels. My manager always made it a great experience. Expected greatness and exciting days. Would love to go back!!! Wish there was better benefits and higher pay.
Good coworkers
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 5, 2019
Fast paced and a great place to learn new roles for your future career
Great community of craters coming in as customers to teach you about all the different craft types. The hardest part is little to no training for roles.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Communication from upper management, No training
Good Environment
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAMarch 5, 2019
Workplace culture is a plus
Good Management
Friendly Associates
Fast pace environment
Interact with different people
Good Discounts
Expect a lot from their employees
Fun great balanced work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAMarch 1, 2019
Terrific place loved working their especially with kori. Very understanding with time abd days off. Would highly recommend this position to anyone!! Loved it very much
fun place to work at
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 28, 2019
Great environment always learning something new. They help you be creative and as well take there time to show you how to do the job. Hardest part was closing have to put everything back where it belongs
Good Part-Time Job
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Township of Hamilton, NJFebruary 27, 2019
Always morning shifts, usually 5-9. For the most part, it's a nice quiet job without too much hassle. However, from September-December the Holiday season is complete chaos. Hours become longer and you have to work with guests in the store - so nothing gets done. That can be very frustrating. Training was also poor, but it's not a hard job to get the hang of. Overall it's a great culture, great people, and great management. This job certainly won't pay the bills where I'm from, but it's a good way to make some extra money on the side.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Frustrating expectations during Holiday season
Creative and fast paced
Sales Floor/Cashier/Class Instructor (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZFebruary 21, 2019
I originally loved working here. The best part of working here was all the creative thing's the store had. The classes was fun and welcoming to everyone. Most of the customers were fun and creative and neat to meet and assist. Work really pulled you in all directions at once but easily juggled. Change of staff is regular and can be difficult when new members are not team players. The most major frustration is in the shift of management to unfair leaders.
Great place for a Holiday Job
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 20, 2019
It's a lot of work but the people are nice. Stocking shelves and end caps. Unloading the truck was the hardest part but it was fun working with the others.
Love this job
Stock Replenisher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2019
Too bad this is a seasonal position. This is a great job. It is very physical but fun. My manager Is fun to work with. I wish they had more hours to give. I have trouble with transportation, so this job was perfect for me at 3am. The pay was low but had my perfect hours.
Pros
good workout, discount, early mornings, friendly working culture
Cons
low hours and pay
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 16, 2019
Great place to work if you are familiar with arts and crafts. There is always something new to learn when working at Micheal's. It can be extremely busy working on the weekends but enjoyable.
Productivity and over all a good place
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 13, 2019
You must be able to work as a team and you must be able to work independently. You also must be able to embrace the culture and diversity of people. The part I dint like is when the shift before you didn't finish there work and you had to finish the pallet.
Pros
comfortable autmosphere
Cons
you cant listen to music
Good place for part time hrs
NIGHT/WEEKEND MANAGER/STORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 12, 2019
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the customers. Helping them find product and coming up with fun ideas for kids to do. Management was wonderful and would work with you.
Productive and fast paced environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brewster, NYFebruary 11, 2019
I enjoy working at Michaels as a cashier. The staff is friendly and enjoyable to work with. The only down side is that most of the positions besides managerial ones are part-time.
Productive, Fast pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAFebruary 8, 2019
Was a seasonal worker while in school. Was super flexible with my schedule despite working during the holiday season. Awesome management and coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michaels. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
42K
31.6K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight