Michelin Employee Reviews

Found 592 reviews matching the search See all 1,522 reviews
Slave plantation
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 20, 2019
The hrs really suck. If your not white and not in the the " good ole boy " system you'll never advance. Never show appreciation for workers. Swing shifts are really unhealthy and you never get used to it. Company morale sucks. Everyone hates their job. Most of the guys dont have any other job skills and are stuck there. Your pay varies week to week even when you work the exact same hrs.
Excellent people centered company!
Industrial Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 18, 2019
Excellent culture focused around leveraging our great people to provide the world continually improving solutions for sustainable mobility. Highly recommend!
Its not for everyone
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJuly 16, 2019
I have to admit, after 5 years the job can get monotonous. If you can't handle 12 hour shifts, this won't be for you.

Do your homework on this place
My Take on working at Michelin MAU
PALLET BUILDER (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 12, 2019
I work at Michelin through MAU. It's a great place to work if you're one for manual labor. I don't recommend it otherwise. However, they're always hiring.
Depressing environment. Outdated ideals.
Maintenance Manager, Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 8, 2019
I have horror stories from this company, along with almost everyone of my generation. About twenty of us all quit within a few years from different parts of the company across the US. Very disappointing place to work, where the culture is nothing like what the management claims it is, but no one cares to try to improve it. Pay was low, morale was low, lots of good people left.
Michelin
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Laurens County, SCJuly 8, 2019
Job pays good but the company needs more help on how handling the tires per truck it should be 2 or 3 people to a truck not 1 that wears a lot on consecutive workers who willing to come to work
Great place with great benefits
Tire Verification Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 4, 2019
Good place to work... management will often show favoritism..There are strict quality standards and quotas to meet.. Often these quality standards seem a bit too high to reach given that human beings are subject to make mistakes or miss certain defects..
Great job for the pay
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, SCJune 25, 2019
Great company to work for. competitive pay and benefits. It is a hard labor job so you do work the whole 12 hour shifts with breaks but not for the physically unfit.
There are manay Michelin to work for not all are the same
Pilot (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 22, 2019
Michelin is a great company and willing for improvement. However i feel they are behind times in some places. And working a swing shift is not for everyone.
Decreased Value in Employees
Cured Tire Controller (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 20, 2019
In 6 months I spoke with my BUL twice. Rotation shift is hard to balance. Not much room for advancement.
Benefits as a contract employee seemed better.
The people I worked with were great. The rotating shift is not easy to deal with.
Michelin Maxx Operator (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJune 19, 2019
I really learned a lot working at Michelin. The whole experience was great for my family for about the first 5 years. Management changed at the plant and when it did, the whole job became less than desirable.
Pros
Free tires
Cons
Rotating 12 hour shifts
Ok
Business Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 15, 2019
It was a good work life balance. The pay was not enough at any position but job security was good and the people were ok. It is a place where everyone thought that they knew the most and would continue to argue.
Overall a good place to work.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 12, 2019
It's a good place to work with good benefits. They make sure you work in a safe environment. Only issue is you miss quiet a lot of home time working nights.
Productive and Fast Paced
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 4, 2019
I love this company. I would recommend to anyone. I learned a lot about mechanical engineering. The hardest part of the job was having to leave the company.
A great place to work and retire!
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 29, 2019
A typical day would consist of trucks and vehicle inspections, visitor check in, training classes, meetings, rounds and paper wok. My favorite part of the job is when I help a fellow employee who has been injured on the job. As I assist them I will encourage them that everything will be just fine.
Pros
Great training
Very Good Place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAMay 26, 2019
The people are very friendly and don't mind helping one another . Its drama like any other job so just keep friends limited . The pay is very great as well as the hours
Good company to work for
Reliability Technician Level Three (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 25, 2019
Pay is competitive and very safe environment and culture. Management does not always do what they say they are going to do. Somewhat difficult to progress.
Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 23, 2019
Upon my arrival to this company the area I was assigned was the bottleneck of the company. When I left the company was able to make record production. The workplace when I got there was one of lack of production and discipline. When I left my area it was a complete 180 turn around.
Pros
The Cafeteria food was great.
Cons
Race issues i encountered
Great benefits and opportunities
Former member (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 20, 2019
Great benefits and opportunities. Offers many ways to get involved and network with other employees in company. Health care facility is on site which is a huge plus.
Designer/drafter (Former Employee) –  Norwood, NCMay 17, 2019
Standard work. Based on your schedule. Once you learn your job, your on your way. The management checks to see if every thing is done and goes from there. The culture is relaxed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michelin. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight