Michelin Employee Reviews in Ardmore, OK

Found 77 reviews matching the search See all 1,552 reviews
Its not for everyone
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJuly 16, 2019
I have to admit, after 5 years the job can get monotonous. If you can't handle 12 hour shifts, this won't be for you.

Do your homework on this place
The people I worked with were great. The rotating shift is not easy to deal with.
Michelin Maxx Operator (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJune 19, 2019
I really learned a lot working at Michelin. The whole experience was great for my family for about the first 5 years. Management changed at the plant and when it did, the whole job became less than desirable.
Pros
Free tires
Cons
Rotating 12 hour shifts
Can be a good Company to work for depending who you know!!
BUL Business Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKApril 12, 2019
Inconsistent management, poor leadership, failure to understand and respect diversity of culture and work experiences. Do not Honor their own tenants in showing "Respect for Others" & "Respect for Facts", looked the other way when presented with Facts which showed bias and harrassment in the work place.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Management and Good Ole Boy Syndrome
Great place to start your IE career!
Area Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKApril 1, 2019
US9 - Ardmore, OK - was a great place to begin my career as an IE! I would highly recommend this organization to any entry-level industrial engineer in search of an opportunity to learn manufacturing.
Great place to work if the hours don’t wear you out.
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKMarch 31, 2019
Wonderful company, solid management and the opportunity to make more money if you worked harder was very appreciated. Loved having so much time off that was provided by the company.
Pros
Great pay, great coworkers.
Cons
Long hours, rotating shifts.
Good pay
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKMarch 7, 2019
I enjoyed working there but the work and home life balance isn't good. The rotating 12 hour shifts will take a toll on you physically, mentally and emotionally
Pros
Good Pay, Awesome Co-workers
Cons
Long shifts, rotating
Hard work required but there are lots of good people
Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKMarch 4, 2019
Hate the rotating shifts and it is not climate controlled. Takes extreme toll on your body. Management is not looking out for employees best interest.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Rotating shifts
my experience
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKFebruary 11, 2019
as a recent high school graduate, first job out of school..i had a hard time finding parking which in turn lead to termination without warning. i felt like a write up should have been given or even a verbal warning about being a couple minutes late rather than immediate termination

other than that, i loved the job
Good place
Automation reliability technician (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJanuary 14, 2019
is hard ro find even when you know where to look, so stop hindering the process with such a long review process and let me get to the point because this is
Pros
good management
Cons
terrible atmosphere
Great company to work for but not much in advancement opportunities
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKDecember 20, 2018
I love the company. I left for a while to get a degree then came back to advance my career. But every facility is not the same with different standards.
Pros
Free meals sometimes, Free tires every 5 years, At home half of the time.
Cons
12 hr shifts, conflicting top and middle management directives, no advancement possible with out knowing someone.
It isn't somewhere I would recommend someone to work
Industrial Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 26, 2018
After 10 years I left the company because they didn't care for their employees well being be it wage or salary. Anything that went wrong, anyone who was hurt, ect, it was always the employees fault and the company would never take the blame.
production
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 21, 2018
Great pay and benefits. Good people to work with and family oriented. I learned how to manage time, work heavy equipment, and to be a safety leader working with people skills and social skills.
Good People - Difficult Circumstances
Peon (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 8, 2018
Lots of good people but the poor managers are ruining the morale and culture of the facility. Management is always looking to cut jobs but want more production under a more complex and constantly changing environment.
Pros
Wages, Benefits
Cons
Constant change, Poor Management Decisions
Really nice place to work
Rubber (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKOctober 30, 2018
My experience at Michelin was very good. I learned a lot about how the tires are made and management always treated me very well. Defiantly raised the bar for how I view other companies
Pros
great management, learning opportunities, advancement opportunities, short work weeks, lots of overtime available
Cons
rotating schedule
Great company
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKOctober 24, 2018
I've only been here a couple months but my body isn't holding up to the constant walking on concrete requirements for my job. It's a good job and I wish I could handle it but that's just me. I would recommend it to anyone under age 35 probably.
Very hard work
Final Sort (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKOctober 16, 2018
The place requires you to work hard non stop to stay employed and if you worked for one of the job resource firms Michelin hide from you were always the first to go before they had to give you a pay raise.
Pay is decent for the town its in
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKOctober 9, 2018
Too many politics, and buddy systems in management. Performance punishment is the way It operates. If u work hard they will work u to death, and If the best thing u did is show up to work, then you deserve a break
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Terrible management
Tire Builder (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJuly 16, 2018
Location, time offand benefits are perfect for anyone single or married . There are always opportunities to progress in your career if you see fit including hourly and salarie
Pros
Pay
Cons
12 hour shifts
Very productive
Hti employment solutions (Former Employee) –  Ardmore OklahomaJuly 5, 2018
Fast pace, hard working employees, clean & safe facility very friendly supervisors and very fair wages for A Hard Day's Work. Supervisors are willing to teach you how to do your job and how to do your job better they teach you safety and safety skills they also teach you computer skills and how to operate forklift and machinery
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Contract labor
Summer Job
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OK 73401June 20, 2018
Served as a very good and well paying educational job while i was still a full time college athlete. It gave me some tools that I will take with me in the future as I find a career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michelin. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight