Michelin Employee Reviews for Forklift Operator

Found 41 reviews matching the search See all 1,558 reviews
Very Advanced Pace Company
Machine Operator/ Certified Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 19, 2019
Typical day: I arrive at work at least 20 mins prior to my shift, just to check on production & see how the lines are running. Sometimes the lines can be stressful sometimes the lines run smoothly
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
Working in a Warehouse with no A/C or Heat in the Winter
One of my favorite places to work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 12, 2019
This place was ran so professional. They are like family there. The environment was amazing and I got along with everyone. I advanced rather quickly because of my work ethics.
Nice work place great people
Material handling and forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ILSeptember 28, 2018
Wsi’s a great job it’s very big,clean overall a good place to work filled with great people who’s open to helping others everyone works as a team lots of opportunities to grow and become better at forklift driving and lots of other equipment.
Pros
One 30 min break
Cons
Two 15 min breaks
Production work with a good team worker
Forklift Operator and production operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 11, 2018
The work was hard, but everything ran smooth if you had a good co-worker. The boss was very helpful. We were awarded gift cards sometime if we ran the highest production.
Pros
Good benefits and time off.
Cons
Not so great if your team didn’t work together.
Not fun to work there. Hours are to crazy.hate the sqing shifts there
Forklift driver/ machine operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 4, 2018
The hours are too crazy there.it is swing shifts and a lot of people hate it you have to work long hours running a machine and driving a forklift. It's very very fast pace job. When I was there there management was rude and didn't care about you.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Short breaks and hard to adjust to schedule
They didnt make it fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg County, SCAugust 2, 2018
It wasnt really fun, it was the coworkers that talked and laugh with eachother, Most times they fed us on certin occasions.they also asked us how were we from time to time
Awesome experience
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 19, 2018
I really loved it. It was a great job as well as a great career opportunity. If I could go back I would. Everyone was friendly and really wanted you to succeed in everything that you had to do. It's a great company to work for.
love this job
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 16, 2018
the company is awesome and the job is outstanding with outstanding and great people also the job is laid back and good for you to learn and move up the job was great
Steady Work, lot of pressure.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 7, 2018
A very fast paced environment, must be flexible for your duties. Must be able to multi-task. Be able to cross train for other positions to fill in for absent workers. Pay is pretty good for this area.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts
constructed well
Fork Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJanuary 29, 2018
like how management plans out your schedule for the year. Plenty of time off for family. Made working 12 hours tolerable. Enjoyed my time at michelin
Pros
wages
Cons
smell like a tire
my day with advantage xpo
Fork-Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCDecember 26, 2017
i worked for advantage xpo nothing bad to say was a good work environment good management the most enjoyment i got in my day was driving the fork-lift
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
the amount of work put on one person
Very relaxed enjoyable fun work atmosphere with great growth to move up.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKDecember 4, 2017
My opinion is that the job is a great place to work I would recommend Michelin to anyone who want to work. I was in charge of my own area in the side of the facility in charge of handling all the forklift work moving and storing tire tread. Most of the tire tread weigh 4,000 lbs pounds more.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Really they do not have any.
Great place to work. Loved the 16 days/month schedule
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, SCNovember 15, 2017
Had a reaction to carbon black while on the line and job could not transfer. Management on my line: had one MP2 that cursed, threw things and showed a lot of anger regardless of who he was working with..the other MP2 was cool as a clam. He would actually teach you things vital to your job.
Cons
Carbon black reaction, job could not transfer, alternating 1st and 3rd shifts
great benefits!
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 17, 2017
The culture is strong. The work schedule is a major draw back. It is hard to balance family and working on a 12 hour rotating shift.There are many opportunities for advancement and the company will provide you the tools to make advancement if you want to advance . You have to ask for training to advance. But the company has a great training or onboarding experience.
Best and worst job ever
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAOctober 3, 2017
Great opportunity to make money here at Michelin. Management shows favoritism. That being said this is not an equal opportunity job. If you are a hard worker that's great. Some people don't work as hard and get the same pay you get. There is little to no teamwork here. That's not fair at all! Oh yeah, Zero discipline here at this company.
This is one of the best companies i have had the privelege to work with.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 12, 2017
Great company. The 12 hour swing shifts are the only issues I think are difficult. I have loved working for this company and wish I could continue on. But it's hard hours for a single parent.
Good Work Opportunity
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALSeptember 8, 2017
The job is a great place for employment. Good people to work around & drama free environment. However they do have locations that will be closing soon.
Pros
job
Cons
short breaks
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCMay 7, 2017
Great place to work. Great supervisors and co workers. Everyday was a challenge in a great way. Team effort was always a plus and something always done at this job
Pros
Good working enviornment
Cons
Stressful
Productive an and great workpace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 22, 2017
DSV is a large warehouse located in Laurens county South Carolina. It's also another name for Michelin. Dsv is a great place for anybody to start a career
Pros
Bonus checks and overtime
Cons
Errors and batteries
Great company to work for
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ILApril 21, 2017
Michelin is a great company to work for, for the most part. Their management is horrible. They do not stand by their word. They claim they are all about being a team, but its the exact opposite.
Pros
short work week
Cons
management is horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michelin. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight