Michigan Healthcare Professionals, P.C.

Michigan Healthcare Professionals, P.C. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
ALWAYS short-staffed. ALWAYS
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 22, 2018
Let me start off by saying that the problems at the office I worked at may not apply to other offices under the company umbrella. MHP is a large company with many offices. The management at my office is horrible. Very likable people, but never solves any problems around the office that need serious attention. This lead to many people slacking off and socializing constantly, when others were running around like crazy and doing all the work. Nobody is eligible for raises until they've been there for 2 years, and it takes an average of 3 months for your raise to kick in. This is because the turnover rate is extremely high and the management is always training somebody new instead of tending to the 2-year reviews. They constantly piled everyone up with more work with zero incentives. Michigan Healthcare Professionals is not off the hook here either. The benefits are obscenely expensive with zero employer matching. Company employee policies on full-time status is a joke as well. If you don't work exactly 40 hours per week, they take away your paid holidays and knock you down to part-time. The best part is, my office did not allow overtime either. It's a catch 22 and a lousy & sleazy way to save a buck. Most offices I've worked in before consider you full-time at 32 hours weekly. This corporate structure should be ashamed of themselves for not taking care of their employees better.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Poor management, expensive benefits, not enough vacation time/sick leave, ridiculous company policies
Productive workplace
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 25, 2013
A typical day at work for me always includes customer service. Patients are the main priority here. I've learned many skills at this job, such as how to communicate with patients and fellow co-workers, how to work in a fast-paced enviornement, electronically prescribing prescriptions, obtaining auhtorizations for testing and medications, and how to work well with others. My co-workers and managers are amazing, we all work as a team to get our tasks done. The most enjoyable thing about this job is developong relationships with the patients, they sometimes make it easier for me to get through the day. The hardest part about this job is losing patients. I work in a cancer center and it's hard for me when a patient passes away, especially one that I am close to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michigan Healthcare Professionals, P.C.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7