Michigan Medicine Employee Reviews

A very fast paced environment that can become very stressful at times.
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 13, 2018
A typical workday is very fast paced, trying to rush and get everything organized and prepared for the day shift to start.

Organizational and communication are the skills I learned the most about, definitely have to have things in line on an daily basis.

Hardest part of the job is to keep tabs on everything everywhere, with the constant changing of the shifts, and people going in and out of stockrooms, it was difficult to keep up.

Most enjoyable part is knowing you got everything accomplished in that day and everything was available when it was needed.
Cons
No communication between management and supervison
Bad management!
Instrument Technician II (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 19, 2018
Bad management at Michigan Medicine. They focus on making money not patient care. They do not like to promote from within. They sweep problems under the rug instead of fixing the problems.
Pros
There are good people that work there
Cons
Unfortunately the good workers get treated unfairly
I really miss my time at University of Michigan
Inventory & Distribution Association Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 18, 2018
This was one of those jobs that you had all the things you needed and some of the things that you wanted, but you leave because you think you can do better. The job I went to, while it was very nice, I had more fun and a better work/life balance at the U of M. It was really like a family there and there are times when I wish I had not left.
NP at Michigan Medicine
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 15, 2018
There is no work life balance here. Work culture very physician centered and not supportive of mentoring Nurse Practitioners. Physician satisfaction drives the culture. There is not much work place diversity. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet patients from all over the state and the country because we are large tertiary center. What I learned is that as a NP I have to continually network with other NPs and learn from one another and educate myself. Autonomy is granted very readily for tasks and jobs that are undesirable to Physicians. I only stay for the retirement benefits which management is currently trying to decrease.
Best place i ever worked
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 13, 2018
I worked for u of m for 6 years and I have been gone for 2. I regret leaving every day. Great benefits, decent lay, awesome and intelligent people. The best and most diverse atmosphere ever. Apply!
Pros
Benefits, retirement and job security
Cons
If you work in the actual hospital you have park off campus and bus in
Good place to learn
Paramedic Tech (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 8, 2018
ER is a great place to learn things, but management was terrible when I was there. Good group of people I worked with, but as a tech some of the nurses could be rather lazy.
High volume and diverse medical community
Patient Service Intermediate, (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIJuly 7, 2018
High volume and diverse medical community, serving patients from around the world. Competitive and current. Research and patient -forward, to provide quality healthcare
High Productivity Requirements, Tedious Work
Medical Coder Outpatient (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 5, 2018
Working for UofM Medicine was challenging, rewarding and beneficial to my career. I was exposed to many different specialties and learned valuable skills in medical coding and billing that will follow me throughout my career.
Pros
Great benefits, Fairly relaxed work environment in the office, Opportunities to work from home.
Cons
Lots of busybodies, Unorganized management.
Tends to be clique-y
Michigan Medical (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 30, 2018
Seemed to me that mid management was clique-y and sometimes snobbish. However, working with the professional staff and student doctors and staff was the best and most rewarding for me. The interns and fellows are awesome. Pay for not professional staff is mediocre but the benefits of having their name on your resume when you leave is positive. Parking is horrible. It can cost as much as $600+ / year plus they double sell the parking. So if you pay $600/yr to park you still may not have a parking spot.
Pros
Working with professional staff and students.
Cons
Mediocre pay and parking.
Productive respectful environment to work in.
Patient Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 27, 2018
Very professional and service everyone respectfully. They stand by their mission statement. U of M hospital is a great hospital not only for the surrounding community but world wide.
Pros
they spend by their mission statement.
Cons
Nothing went wrong.
Outstanding Employer
Associate Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 26, 2018
Michigan Medicine is an organization committed to providing quality patient centered care. As an employee; a typical work day may be long, filled with numerous meetings and "office time" into the evening.
The intensity of the role, however, is offset by incredible colleagues who share a commitment to ultimately making a difference for our patients. .
Amazing place to work
Inpatient Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 25, 2018
Shifts are flexible with almost any schedule. My manager worked with me to find time for school and work, finding replacements for my shifts when necessary. The job can be hard when patients aren't doing well, but knowing they are at one of the best hospitals to be treated provides a sense of comfort. Plenty of room for advancement in any area of the hospital.
Pros
Premium shift pay for weekends, healthcare, and stable work environment
Cons
Traffic and parking will forever be a pain and you have to accept it
Good place to work!
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 18, 2018
Good place to work. Very fast paced environment. Benefits are good and the people are easy to work with. A negative would be parking. Parking is expensive and trying to find a place to pack can be difficult.
A productive and educational work place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 17, 2018
Michigan Medicine gave me many opportunities to learn new skills and presented me with many opportunities. The workplace culture was close and friendly with teamwork being strongly emphasized.
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician II (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 16, 2018
A typical day at work is to check the stat and routine pending lists and verify all tests requested are in lab and in the process of running on the instruments. Next step in the work shift is to maintain cleaning of the analyzers and make sure to alert medical technologists of any issues with the automated robots, centrifuges, and analyzers. It is my job to make sure that STAT specimens are the priority and processed ahead of outpatient routine specimens and to alert medical technologists of any critical values or turn around time issues that need to be addressed. Throughout the shift specimens are processed and assessed for clots and specimen integrity as well as lipemia. Specimens needing ultracentrifucation are also assessed before being placed on analyzers for testing. My responsibilities include notifying nursing and physician staff members of short specimens, clotted specimens, and reordering testing when necessary and sending phlebotomy staff to collect the specimens.
I like working here
Clinic Lead (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 12, 2018
Good place to work. Flexible schedule. Lots of room for growth. EMR system is patient and user friendly. Management is encouraging to staff. Great classes are offered for professional development.
High Level Specialty Clinic with a Great Team
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 8, 2018
The OB/GYN Clinic is a great place to work. It is a very cohesive team with some moments of great fun. Overall, Michigan Medicine is a great place to be> Salary seems a little low, but it is countered by the high level of benefits provided, like a 2:1 match for 401k contributions!
Nice Place to Eork
Healthcare Administrative Assistant Senior (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 7, 2018
Over 41 years I have enjoyed my time at Michigan Medicine and will recommend anyone who is interested in Healthcare to come and work or search for jobs.
Benefits
Cons
Parking
Fun environment
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 3, 2018
I worked my way up from a temp employee to becoming a 40 hr employee. I was able to learn many different areas in the Materials Management and grow. I miss it
Pros
Hospital events
Cons
Small break area
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 31, 2018
management is okay I would recommend anyone to work here if they are in need of a job. Especially if you work in one of the satellite it's very nice no weekends or holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michigan Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss