Michigan Surgical Hospital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
not good
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 26, 2018
work is good I love what I do, but the management play favoritism,
if they like you , good but if not forget you, they don't value what you
die for the company, CFO is no good.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Breaks is your own 30 minutes time
Productive & a fun place to work
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 13, 2015
A typical day a very pleasant atmosphere

I would not have known who management was unless someone told me because they work along side every one in their department.

My co-workers complete the task to the best of their ability

The hardest par of the job is when it is extremely busy

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the pleasant attitudes of nearly everyone..
Pros
Every now and then there is free lunch
Cons
Having enough time to complete a task
see resume
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 27, 2015
• Responsible for oversight and direction of the functions associated with the business office.
• Manages daily activities of the Accounts Receivable staff, cash, receipts, receivables, collections or disenrollment for non-payment.
• Ensure that the registration, billing, collection and medical records departments are in compliance with the philosophy, policies, procedures, goals, and budget of the hospital as well as the corporation and relevant regulations especially Center of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations and new NHCR regulations that began Jan 2014.
• Understands the National Health Care Reform (NHCR) taxes and fees that began in 2014.
• Understands Advanced Premium Tax Credit for individuals as well as Cost Shares
• Maintains monitoring for Medicare Advantage clients and fees understands the fees for group and employer penalties.

• Ensure that fiscal functions of the hospital are conducted in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices and specific practices as established from time to time by the hospital and the corporation.
• Ensure that billing and coding practices of the hospital are in accordance with all State, Federal and local laws.
• Recruitment of appropriately trained staff and ensure that policies and procedures affecting the staff of the hospital are developed and applied in a fair and equitable manner.
• Ensure that the integrity of information pertaining to the hospital’s patients, staff and physicians are protected.
• Ensure that records pertaining to both the medical and billing records for all patients
  more... are maintained in an accurate and confidential manner.

• Experience in budgeting and personnel management, and evidence of continuing education which is directly related to the job specification.
• Is aware of professional standards, and regulations.
• Knowledge of medical billing, coding, insurance reimbursement and insurance contracting.

Works directly with CFO to maintain monthly billings, budgets, corporate reports, cash posting and general ledger and month end reporting and year end reporting
I love working at michigan surgical hospitalit's is a great place to work.
Instrument Technician/Nuraing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 25, 2015
.I love the people that I work with, to me every part of my job is enjoyable.And management is cool. To me there is no hard part of the job,it's just knowing what to do and do it.A typical day at at is making sure that the instrument are done up for surgery,and I have learned so much from sterilized instrument,to patient care.
Pros
To many to name
Interesting Work Model
MLT (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 18, 2015
The hospital operates entirely based on surgeries. There are no normal in patients, or outpatient lab testing. As a laboratory professional this is quite different than what I am used to.

Want to know more about Michigan Surgical Hospital?

Ask a question