Michigan Technological University Employee Review

View all Michigan Technological University reviews

Motivated employees, lots of opportunities to be active
Athletic Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Houghton, MichiganAugust 22, 2013
Working in Michigan Tech Athletics has been great. Having the Student Development Complex, Gates Tennis Center, and the ski/bike trails within minutes helped me stay active. Many of the employees are also active which has made it easier to get out. Everyone that I dealt with was positive and thoughtful.
Pros
Mountain bike trails right across the parking lot

Other Michigan Technological University Employee Reviews

It was a fund place to work and earn my PhD
Research Scientist & Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Houghton, MIJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed attending Michigan Tech University (MTU) and my PhD research work in nanotechnology. MTU gave me the opportunity to not only be trained in a leading area of scientific research but to have the duel role of students and researcher.

I have excellent teachers who I consider friends. I also had opportunities to partner with MTU (my consulting company) on research projects.
Pros
Excellent place to earn a degree
Cons
MTU needs to put more effort in hiring minority faculty members.
Snarky place to work and low pay, but high job security.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houghton, MIMay 28, 2018
Satisfaction depends greatly upon where you work in the university. The campus is beautiful, the location terrific, and the job security really can't be beat, but it's very "clique-y" and unaccepting of anyone that wasn't born locally. Lots of family members and friends-since-grade-school work there, plus several managers that have been there so long they have become hypocritical in their behaviors.
Pros
Job security, location, and school events
Cons
Pretty much everything else.