Micro Center
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Micro Center Management reviews

United States477 reviews
Corporate Management is extremely rough and to a certain degree unreasonable with local managers. There is a clear disconnection between the what corporate wants, and them not seeing how hard their local management works to get that done. Little recognition for their strenuous efforts.
Pros
associates are awesome
Cons
recognition
I started in sales. Fast paced, competitive and paid well.
When I moved to management they wanted me to work every weekend, work 10-12 hours per day. Even though they gave a fair amount of vacation days, it was hard to use them.
Company only has 24 stores nation wide and had to many managers making and changing the daily policies.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
poor management
April 16, 2018
We do appreciate your feedback. I would like to hear more details regarding your experience as a manager. I can be reached at the Home Office Human Resource department.

614-850-3150
My overall experience with MicroCenter is that the management had a strong tendency to make promises with no intention of keeping them, lie to their workers when it suited them, and generally go back on their word/be inconsistent in practices. A frequent occurrence would be forcing employees to enforce rules to customers, only to have management come by to 'save the day'. Pay raises and back pay were lied about multiple times. In general, the environment left workers feeling like they couldn't trust management in any way, and many left.
April 9, 2018
We do appreciate your feedback. I'd like to talk with you about your experience. Our associates being promptly and fairly compensated is important to our organization. Feel free to give me a call if you would like to further discuss.

April 16, 2018
We appreciate your feedback and would like to hear more about your negative experience while employed at our St Louis Park location. Trust in our managers is very important to us so I would like to hear about the situation's details. Feel free to reach me at the Home Office Human Resource department.

Human Resource Manager

614-850-3150
- a typical day at work consists of making as many sales as possible while still hitting quality metrics
- I have learned a lot of computers and computer components as well as sales techniques to allow me meet customers needs while still bringing profits to the company

- I feel most sales people in my branch lack a proper sense of ethics, which is reinforced by a lack of accountability by management
- hardest part of the job is never knowing what your paycheck will look like
- the money
Pros
good commission structure
Cons
it's 90% commission, so it's hustle or starve
April 16, 2018
We appreciate the feedback but would like to understand the specifics of your situation in more detail. Please feel free to give me a call at our Home Office Human Resource department.

614-850-3150
I started of as a CSR and then slowly climbed up. I had good help from my supervisors and the training you get really helps. The environment was a fast pace, which makes your day go by faster. At times it does get really busy and it can be overwhelming but you just have to keep working and show each customer a good last impression. Everything is good when your team works together. I loved working there.
Pros
Flexible hours, teamwork, management.
February 21, 2018
We really appreciate your feedback on what you enjoyed about your employment at Micro Center. If you'd like to share any more details on your experience, feel free to reach me directly at 614-850-3150.

Corporate Recruiting Manager
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great environment. Managers are very friendly and ensure a pleasant work environment. This job, due to the nature of interacting with many customers on a near constant basis, has definitely helped to improve my social skills. A typical day at work involved heading in, opening a till, standing at the register, an hours lunch, more work, and then participating in closing activities. The most enjoyable part of the job is interaction with fellow coworkers.
Pros
Opportunity to make additional money selling service plans, great management
April 16, 2018
Thank you for your 5 star rating and for your specific feedback. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied in your role at Micro Center Mayfield Heights.

614-850-3150
It is a business based of daily sales so sometimes the pressure is put on the sales teams and not always in the best way, The management has a lot of flaws and no one wants to do better they just expect the staff to pick up their slack.
February 21, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. If you'd like to share any more details about your experience at our Marietta location, feel free to call the HR main line at 614-850-3150 and ask for me by name.

Corporate Recruiting Manager
I started here 2 weeks ago and it has been a great experience, management is very supportive as are the co-workers. Talking to all the like-minded customers really makes the job a lot of fun as well. The hardest part of the job as a cashier is selling the service plans, but even that is really easy to do once you perfect your pitch.
February 21, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you feel we have strong leaders in the store where you are employed and it sounds like you have had a good training experience. We appreciate the 5 star rating. Please let us know if you ever have any questions for HR.

614-850-3150
Really like this job a lot. I have learned so much not only about the product I sell, but how to talk to customers and become a better salesperson. The coworkers are like family and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is when it's slow. Being commission based is hard when the flow of customers is slow.
Pros
Relaxed environment, great coworkers, paid time off
Cons
No 401k matching, benefits no so great, poor warehouse management, $4 per hour pay for salespeople
January 11, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. I would love to hear from you directly so we can discuss how our pay plan works and where the gaps may have been in your particular situation. We do offer a guarantee for the commission but the goal is for our associates to earn well above the minimum wage in all departments.
Feel free to give me a call at 614-850-3154.

Corporate Recruiting Manager
I applied to be a tech but was offered a job as a cashier. I am over qualified for both positions but I needed the money so I took on the cashier role. On my first day I got a tour of the store and I was very disappointed because there are no female techs and no female salespeople. Women are cashiers or handle inventory, that's it.

Additionally it seems like no one really likes working there. By my 2nd day I was already sick of listening to my fellow CSRs and supervisors complain about the job, their coworkers and the customers. I get that it's not the most rewarding job but the constant negativity just makes things worse. Total morale killer.

After my first week I already restarted my job search. Micro Center is not a good place for a competent, happy woman to work.
Pros
Discounts, easy point of sale system to learn
Cons
No good positions for women, poor morale
January 11, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to contact me so we can discuss your particular situation, I can be reached at 614-850-3150.

Corporate Recruiting Manager
Micro Center is growing fast. Our store inventory has exceeded our capacities and there is a wide range of oppurtunities for improvement.

I have enjoyed many things over the years, and have had many disappointments also.

The hardest part of the Job is dealing with unproductive employees and their unprofessional behavior.

I feel that store level management does not reward consistent professional behavior, and does not deter unprofessional behavior.

The compensation has improved over the years through hard work and personal sacrifice.
Pros
Free Lunches during Holiday Rush, employee purchase
Cons
Some associates act unprofessionally at times
January 11, 2018
Thank you for your feedback on what you enjoy about your work and also where we have some opportunities to improve both our associate and our customers’ experience. I’d like to talk to you about your experience with the management team. If you’d like to call our main HR line and ask for me by name we can discuss your experience further.

614-850-3150
A typical day was usually enjoyable in the warehouse. Just stay busy and do the task necessary throughout the day. They allowed music and for the most part my fellow associates were very cool to work with. On top of keeping things organized in the warehouse we also had a lot of other task as well. We changed the light bulbs in the store. Handled spills and messes made by customers. Retrieve carts. Pick web orders. Ship and receive mail. Handled carry out for customers as well. The job was great but we was responsible for a lot in the store and I believe we were incredibly underpaid for all the responsibilities we had.
Pros
Technology, Cool environment, Busy work, Good management.
Cons
No chance for growth, Underpaid.
December 8, 2017
Thank you very much for all of the feedback about your employment experience at Micro Center. Glad to hear that your overall experience was positive. If you would like to discuss any additional details about your time with us, feel free to call 614-850-3150 and ask for Jennifer.
January 11, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. I would love to hear from you directly so we can discuss your particular situation.
Feel free to give me a call at 614-850-3154.

December 12, 2017
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad to hear that you felt the overall work environment was good. As for promotional opportunities, we do have openings throughout the year that associates can post and interview for after 6 months of employment. If you'd like to share any more details, feel free to call the HR main line at 614-850-3150 and ask for me by name.

Corporate Recruiting Manager
Typical day working here was honestly not bad... only thing bad about the workplace was honestly a couple of managers that didnt really know how to treat their employees... best part about the job was the constant interactions with customers that had a similar interest as most of the people that worked there. honestly a really laid back job for the most part... its only the managers that made this place unbearable with their constant nagging attitude about selling protection plans (the customers hated this too)
Pros
coworkers, customers, discounts
Cons
managers
January 11, 2018
We appreciate your feedback and would like to hear more about your experience at the Dallas location. Fell free to reach out to me at 614-850-3150.

December 12, 2017
Thank you for your feedback on what you enjoyed about your Micro Center experience and also some areas of opportunity for us to improve. I'd like to hear more about your experience with the managers in your store if you would like to call our main line and ask for me by name.

December 8, 2017
Thank you for your feedback on what you enjoyed about your Micro Center experience and also some areas of opportunity for us to improve . I'd like to hear more about your experience with the managers in your store if you would like to call our main line and ask for me by name.

614-850-3150
A typical day at work diagnosing PC and drones. Managed online website search engine. Management was always great. The workplace was very fast paced. Overall a great place to start your IT career.
December 12, 2017
Thank you for the 5 star rating. Glad to hear that you feel the overall experience is outstanding in regards to work life balance, compensation, benefits, job security, company culture and management. We do appreciate your feedback. We strive to provide our associates the best work environment possible!

Corporate Recruiting Manager
Would not recommend to someone looking for anything more than a summer job. Poor management that makes simple tasks stressful. This particular store keeps very low manning (usually due to the high rate of people leaving) which means longer hours.
December 8, 2017
Thank you for your feedback bout your Micro Center experience and also where we have some opportunities to improve both for our associates and our customers. I’d like to talk with you about your experience. Feel free to call our main HR line and ask for me by name.
Thanks,

(614) 850-3150
In the beginning the job was great because i was learning and liking what i had to do. Until new management came and started to push for more sales and plans on every employee in every department which made me think that MicroCenter doesn't care about their employees more about having better number in the overall market.
I loved the work as it was dealing with building with PC's and i love doing that. It was amazing helping people make decisions on what they wanted and seeing their satisfied faces after the help i gave them.
Pros
Amazing atmosphere
Cons
Bad management
December 8, 2017
Thank you for your feedback and your high ratings on company culture and work life balance. We are very pleased to hear that your employment experience at Micro Center was positive.

Corporate Recruiting Manager
Prior to the new GM, micro center was a family oriented place of employment. With the change in management it all went downhill. Now it is very tense and the atmosphere of the store is cold and unwelcoming.
December 8, 2017
Thank you for your feedback on what you enjoyed about your work and also where we have some opportunities to improve both our associates and our customers’ experience. I’d like to talk to you about your experience with the management team. If you’d like to call our main HR line and ask for me by name we can discuss your experience further.

614-850-3150
Many days were spent helping customers with finding or advising them on what products that worked best for what they needed.

Learned about sales.

Management was okay

Fun enjoyable peiople. Stressful.

Thanks
Like other retail companies the days are variable.
I learned keep in mind the goals of the company focus with the satisfaction of customer. Sometime keep the balance of customer desires with the company goals was difficult, because it took time the explain the customer the advantage of product we offers with the desires of cheap cost.

Our management was comprehensible and prompt to guide a better solutions to get a happy customer.
December 8, 2017
Thank you for the strong overall rating of 4 stars. We really appreciate the specifics you provided.
Feel free to call our HR main line and ask for Jennifer if you have any additional information or feedback to share.

614-850-3154
Ok company to work for with a good work life balance for a retail management job. Only 25 stores in the company so not as much advancement as some other companies but still good. Main issue was HR only supports the "associate" not store management which are also associates of the company. I watched multiple manager's fired over "anonymous" emails with no truth and unable to verify any facts of emails. But HR (VP) would rather fire manager over pride.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micro Center. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Micro Center.