Micro Center logo

Micro Center insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Okay

Corporate Management is extremely rough and to a certain degree unreasonable with local managers. There is a clear disconnection between the what corporate wants, and them not seeing how hard their local management works to get that done. Little recognition for their strenuous efforts.

Pros

associates are awesome

Cons

recognition

Good place to work for students

I am still working for the company at the distribution center in Columbus Ohio .I've worked with them for a while now. The Company its self is great with benefits and discounts but the current supervisors always seem to have a negative attitude when the managers are not around. Fast pace good hours and most of the other employees are friendly. It would be nice if they paid a little more or kept up with the cost of living. Its hard to advance at least at the location I'm located. If you are a college student its a great place to work. As far as a long time career. Its a good company but the career you choose with them is the key to your success with them.Most of the management at my location has been there 20+ years so advancement will be very slow as will pay raises but they do the best they can in our current times. Hope this was helpful.

Pros

benefits & discounts

Cons

advancement & pay

Good Place to Start

-Good Place to Start but not stay. -Day starts with a morning meeting. -Learn about products and reliability -Management does not have your back (Customer is always right) -Low morale after busy seasons -Peers are fun to work with and are generally nice and knowledgable -Hardest part of the job is dealing with management and home office -Most enjoyable is meeting new people

Pros

Fun place to work

Cons

Low pay

March 27, 2019
Thank you for your feedback on what you enjoyed about your Micro Center experience and also some areas of opportunity for us to improve. I'd like to hear more about your experience with the managers in your store if you would like to call our main line and ask for me by name.Thanks Jennifer Corporate Recruiting Manager 614-850-3150

Micro Center System Sales Associate

Very fun place to work at, you work at your own pace since majority of your pay is based on commission. Nice management team. If you like technology and computers, this is a very good place to work for.

March 27, 2019
Thank you for your great 5 star review. Wish you the best in your future career.Thank youJenniferCorporate Recruiting Manager

Fun but very limiting

The infrastructure is grossly outdated. Customer is more important than the workers. Management is very hit or miss. Not a bad gig if you like retail.

Pros

Employee purchase, Lots of tech to explore, Nice people, Some customers are very appreciative.

Cons

Lots of high school-like cliques, Managers don't communicate, Support desk feels like a glorified receptionist desk, Surprisingly not very technical, Customers can be very draining, short breaks if any, Corporate likes to change things without receiving any feedback or improving, infrastructure is outdated and poorly implemented, lack of individuality.

March 27, 2019
Thank you for your 4 star rating. Thank you very much for all of the feedback about your employment experience at Micro Center. Glad to hear that your overall experience was positive. If you would like to discuss any additional details about your time with us, feel free to call 614-850-3150. ThanksJennifer RatliffCorporate Recruiting Manager

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

good company for tech driven sales associates

Good job for tech-driven associates, particularly if you are working with peers, makes for a naturally thriving environment. Any type of leadership position, avoid at all costs, no support from leadership, and an extremely high turn over.

Pros

Cons

poor senior leadership

March 27, 2019
Hello. I would love to discuss your employment experience in our Tustin store and we can make improvements in that location. Please give me a call in Home Office HR department at 614-850-3150.Thank youJennifer Corporate Recruiting Manager

Not the best

Job was really simple but you had limited resources to help customers. Management cared more about what your call lengths were instead of helping actual customers.

March 27, 2019
Thank you for your feedback on what you enjoyed about your Micro Center experience and also some areas of opportunity for us to improve. I'd like to hear more about these opportunities if you would like to call our home office human resources department. Thanks Jennifer 614-850-3150

Customer Focused. Daily employee performance feedback. Great place to shop.

Micro Center is a great place to shop. The management is focused on customer service and does have regular training for it's employees. The management uses positive reinforcement to direct employee behaviors. Co workers are friendly and do tend to support each other. Time of scheduled work days and hours change daily. Usually employees are not scheduled two days off in a row and even more rarely does that happen on Saturday and Sunday. This makes it difficult to maintain a normal family life and sleep patterns. Significant time moving and adjusting inventory is required. Micro Center's compensation plan is severely lacking. It has a $4 per hour pay rate plus 1 to 2% commission on sales.

Pros

Management uses positive feedback to adjust behaviors.

Cons

Irregular work hours, irregular days off, too much time being a stock clerk, low pay.

March 27, 2019
Thank you for the 3 star rating and the 5 star category rating for management. I would love to hear more about the cons you listed in your review. I can be reached at 614-850-3150.Thank youJennifer Ratliff

Great co-workers but stressful place to work.

It isn't a place you should plan to stay for too long. There aren't too many chances to move up. You either have to wait for someone to leave or get let go to maybe move up. Managers sometimes skip you and hire from the outside. Job security is very little.

Enjoyable, fast paced, challenging work environment

Excellent place to work, leadership is great and corporate team is down to earth especially the VP Operations, he truely cares about all satff at all levels.

January 21, 2019
Thank you very much for all of the feedback about your employment experience at Micro Center. Glad to hear that your overall experience was positive. In addtion we are especially pleased with your positive experience with home office leadership. Thank youThe Micro Center Human Resources Department

Jobs at Micro Center

See more jobs

If you are looking for retail the pay is great.

The pay is very good for a retail job. You have the possibility of making some serious doe, but i am not sure that out-weighs management constantly expecting you to work overtime when you are not paid for it as well as not respecting a work life balance.

Pros

Money

Cons

Managment, work/life balance

January 21, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to hear more about the specific details of your situation. Feel free to contact me directly at 614-850-3150.SincerelyJenniferHr ManagerMicro Center

Good besides for salary

Job is great, environment is great, sales people tend to be very pushy and competitive due to commission only salary. Front end employees are paid very poorly. Management is good but definitely has some issues as do all.

January 21, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. I would love to hear from you directly so we can discuss how our pay plan works and where the gaps may have been in your particular situation. We do offer spiffs and incentives for CSRs. Feel free to give me a call at 614-850-3150.Thank youJennifer Corporate Recruiting Manager

I hate working here would not send any of my friends here

micro center is not a ood place to work they treat people badly ,only have certain people to get to do certain jobs,alot of dishonest people taking labels saying they did a skid they did not do,

Pros

they do bring cakes in everymonth for the birthdays

Cons

having to clock out everytime to go to bathroom sucks that stupid, but some people dont have too

January 21, 2019
Thanks for your feedback. I would like understand the details of the situation you encountered as a pick pack associate. Feel free to reach out to me directly.Thank youJennifer HR ManagerMicro Center614-850-3150

Fun prductive work enviornment with peers that have the same goals and intentions

Working at Microcenter has been a great Job to improve my overall performance in the workplace. I really enjoy that the management talks with me one on one and rewards me for my hard work. The Stall is great and management is very flexible and understanding to their worker's needs.

Pros

Hour Lunch break, relaxed work enviorment, freedom, rewards for hard work

Cons

various work hours, not consistant, low month periods for selling

January 21, 2019
Thank you for your post and the specific feedback. We do appreciate your 4 star rating. Always know that our HR department is here if you would like to share anything more.Thank youJenniferMicro Center HR Manager 614-850-3154

Challenging environment

constantly resolving customer related problems schedule is flexible management is very understanding and helpful colleagues are very helpful selling microcenter warranty plans

January 21, 2019
Thank you for the 5 star rating. Glad to hear that you feel the overall experience is outstanding in regards to work life balance, compensation, benefits, job security, company culture and management. We do appreciate your feedback. We strive to provide our associates the best work environment possible! Thank youJennifer Corporate Recruiting Manager

Great experience in general

I've been working at Microcenter for 4 years now and I believe it's a perfect place to work, especially if you are a student. I have faced a lot of challenges at work, but overall that actually helped me to improve my management skills.

January 21, 2019
Thank you for your feedback and the 5 start rating. We are pleased that your employment experience was positive. We strive for this type of experience with all of our associates. We wish you the best in your future career path. Thank youJenniferHR ManagerMicro Center

Usual sales, perhaps.

Daily comradery meetings with all departments. Expect to roll up sleeves for lots of cleaning and moving of items. Meet some sale quotas, but they are lenient when new. Friendly atmosphere. Low-key competitive with colleagues, but becomes relaxed when they felt they've reached their quotas. Team support is very evident, still. Willingness to learn about products and develop selling points and effective strategies. Efficiently use time, especially in regards to customers. Management can always be relied on, be it challenges or just little things. The colleagues is one of the best parts of working there.

Pros

Performance based earning. Co-workers.

Cons

Inconsistent shifts.

November 26, 2018
Thank you for your 4 star rating and all of the feedback. If there is anything you would additionally like to share please reach out to our home office HR team and ask for me by name.Thank youJennifer HR Manager 614-850-3150

Stressful at times but overall decent

Having worked at Micro Center for over ten years, I have seen it for from a very friendly atmosphere to a push for productivity and profits one. I think it will all end well, but it has become increasingly stressful.

November 13, 2018
We really appreciate your feedback on what you enjoyed about your employment at Micro Center. If you'd like to share any more details on your experience, feel free to reach me directly at 614-850-3150.ThanksJennifer Corporate Recruiting Manager

Friendly culture with fast pace and lots to do

Microcenter in Marietta is a retail worker's dream. There are commission bonuses available to sales associates and customer service representatives. The atmosphere is friendly, and once you've been there for a little while it begins to feel like family. If you've worked at a Best Buy or similar store, Microcenter will likely be a step up in terms of quality. The management is amazing in terms of how they deal with people. Overall, if you like working in retail, a job at Microcenter is likely the best job you can get.

Pros

Employee discount on merchandise, absolutely stellar managers (The best you'll find anywhere), very welcoming work culture

Cons

Few cons if any (unless you don't like dealing with customers)

Good 'place for a job

The job isn't hard, its a pretty relaxed work environment. I worked here for almost 5 years, they liked me and really value the people that work hard and care about the job. Reviews and raises can be hard to come by here. its supposed to be a yearly review but its not always the case. not much opportunity for career advancement. Manaement has been there forever and there is not much turnaround for supervisors.

Pros

great place to work and great managers

Cons

not enough supervision for some departments and employees can take advantage of that

November 13, 2018
Thank you for your feedback on what you enjoyed about your work and also where we have some opportunities to improve. I’d like to talk to you about your experience in more detail. If you’d like to call our main HR line and ask for me by name we can discuss your experience further. ThanksJenniferCorporate Recruiting Manager 614-850-3150

cool work environment

management was very friendly It felt like a second Family. Everyone was on the same page, friendly compton's were held followed by prizes mostly gift cards to the store or free lunches.

Pros

hour Breaks, Benifits, Discounts.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micro Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight