Micro Focus Employee Reviews

Probably Better Now
Technical Services Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 5, 2019
Worked at Novell before leaving. A great company denied due to lack of innovation, slow embracement of the cloud. Great people full of integrity. Never once was lied to by leadership--even in dark times.
Pros
People, early technology, benefits, customers
Cons
Leadership
Eh... a lot of layoffs
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 26, 2019
Not much to say but a lot of layoffs and restructuring. Great pay and benefits though. Chance to work at home but the training sucks and from my experience a lot of managers do not understand your role.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Get it together. You are losing good people.
Duplicitous, adversarial and toxic.
Senior Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 15, 2019
Unfocused management with their heads buried in the sands of the past. They had a 95% market lead over Microsoft and blew it!
My biggest project was managing a 'me too' project which was about 15 months behind the entire rest of our competition but, the management insisted that we'd take the lead...pathetic.

My immediate manager was caustic, vulgar and crass. Anger-fueled meetings, public belittling, and fear-driven managing.

Awful.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything other than the salary
Old legacy tech company
Customer Compliance Analyst 1 (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 3, 2019
At one point when it was Novell, things were really good. The problem is, Novell never innovated and other tech company squashed them. As a tech company, you have to continue to innovate and listen to your employees in order to get those new ideas.
Technical Customer Success Manager
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 21, 2019
As working as Technical customer success manager, improving customer service experience maintaining ongoing customer relationships and networking, implementing success programs, contributing to sales and onboarding clients.

More than 18 years of experience in the IT industry serving different roles from System Administration, data center Support, leading infrastructure team, project management and Technical customer success.
I can't review this company
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 10, 2018
The company I worked for was Novell. That was 20 years ago. My review would not accurately reflect the current situation at the company that acquired them.
Mixed review regarding the Atmosphere
CUSTOMER SUCCESS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 21, 2018
Not enough management assistance. However, flexible hours to perform the necessary work at our own pace.

Management not fully disclosing go forwards plans or addressing our status.
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
Very nice company to work
Dr, Partner Sales and Alliances, NA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2018
Great company with a team focus. As the North America Director, Partner Sales and Alliances for Micro Focus; my team worked with system integrators, specialty partners, technology partners, direct and indirect sales representatives to sell Micro Focus software products and application modernization solutions. Micro Focus professional services and various partner consulting engagements were a major part of these sales. Some of the partners associated with these sales were Microsoft, HP, WIPRO, TATA, Accenture, Capgemini, UST Global, HCL, Dell, IBM, Avnet, Insight, CDW, CSC and others. I continued to exceed a $4 million per quarter partner sales quota.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No Cons
Avg place to work
Sr Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2018
The company doesn't value experience or loyalty to its long term devoted employees and now prefers cheap and poor quality overseas labor.

The family close-nit couture that was a great draw to the company was systematically dismantled to save money.
Work is challenging and interesting
CUSTOMER SUCCESS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 31, 2018
Management is not fully engaged and there is low threshold of involvement from the leadership. Work is challenging, and at the same time it is rewarding to help the customers.
Pros
Flexible work arrangement - as long as you get your work completed
Cons
Management not involved most of the time -
Not a fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 26, 2018
The company was too large, they acquired many companies but never took the time to fully integrate any of them. It's one company however it isn't. The Executive team, located in the UK, didn't care about the employees of the companies they purchased, it seemed to be a numbers game.
Pros
Part time employees received all benefits full time employees received
Cons
Communication between the acquired companies
Somewhat good
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 26, 2018
Over the years it has gone up and down but recently with the new management changes, it's becoming tough to want to do anything around here. one colleague say the past 18 years was good but the last 6 month have been H**ll
Pros
Free food sometimes, pool and ping pog tables
A lot of waiting
Technical Support Engineer IV / Support Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Southborough, MAOctober 12, 2018
This company is acting as a very dynamic system. With the merging of HPE into Microfocus there have been so many issues. Customers are confused employees are confused. the MF management just doesn't seem to care.
Pros
work from home
Cons
unstable work environment.
Great pay and flexibility to work from home
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Numerous changes due to spin off. Company struggling to operate on two stacks. Lack of strong leadership. Very difficult to navigate through applications due to disconnect between 2 companies.
Pros
Pay, flexibility to work from home
Cons
Acquistion has cause enormous issues within the company
Micro Focus was a positive place to work
Senior Software Engineer Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 19, 2018
At the time I worked for then Novell the work atmosphere was very positive and there was much opportunity for advancement and learning. The people were great to work with and I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great location, on site cafeteria, excellent working condition
Cons
I don't think the cafeteria is available any longer
Layoff after layoff
Senior Solutions Architect Pre/Post-Sales (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 23, 2018
I was part of the sale to Micro Focus from HPE and they (MF) don't seem interested in investing in the business. They had several layoffs before I was finally laid off in June. My line management team were great, upper management allowing business to atrophy because upper management is not listening to what the line managers need to conduct business.There was also massive confusion during the cut over from HPE to MF and there still is...
turbulent times
Marketing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 20, 2018
Learned Salesforce and Tableau skills

People are great. Long average tenures

With the merger with HPE now complete, there is a lot of uncertainty about company direction.
Pros
working from home
Cons
upper management, job security
Ok place to work
Senior Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
New acquisitions and constant change in command made it tough to climb the ladder. Lack of direction from management but always plenty of work to do. For the most part, you feel like you're spinning your wheels from day to day.
it's ok
Site Reliability Engineer - Deployment (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 20, 2018
they bit a lot more than they could chew with the HPE merger, and upper management doesn't seem to know anything. The incident team in operations are being worked to death because engineering releases broken code.
It was a long time ago when it was Novell
Director, Documentation Services Group (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 18, 2018
It has been many years since I worked at Novell, so I don't know the current culture or management. While at Novell, I had several promotions and great opportunities.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Layoffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micro Focus. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss