Micro Focus Employee Reviews

A lot of waiting
Technical Support Engineer IV / Support Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Southborough, MAOctober 12, 2018
This company is acting as a very dynamic system. With the merging of HPE into Microfocus there have been so many issues. Customers are confused employees are confused. the MF management just doesn't seem to care.
Pros
work from home
Cons
unstable work environment.
Great pay and flexibility to work from home
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Numerous changes due to spin off. Company struggling to operate on two stacks. Lack of strong leadership. Very difficult to navigate through applications due to disconnect between 2 companies.
Pros
Pay, flexibility to work from home
Cons
Acquistion has cause enormous issues within the company
Micro Focus was a positive place to work
Senior Software Engineer Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 19, 2018
At the time I worked for then Novell the work atmosphere was very positive and there was much opportunity for advancement and learning. The people were great to work with and I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great location, on site cafeteria, excellent working condition
Cons
I don't think the cafeteria is available any longer
Layoff after layoff
Senior Solutions Architect Pre/Post-Sales (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 23, 2018
I was part of the sale to Micro Focus from HPE and they (MF) don't seem interested in investing in the business. They had several layoffs before I was finally laid off in June. My line management team were great, upper management allowing business to atrophy because upper management is not listening to what the line managers need to conduct business.There was also massive confusion during the cut over from HPE to MF and there still is...
turbulent times
Marketing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 20, 2018
Learned Salesforce and Tableau skills

People are great. Long average tenures

With the merger with HPE now complete, there is a lot of uncertainty about company direction.
Pros
working from home
Cons
upper management, job security
Ok place to work
Senior Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
New acquisitions and constant change in command made it tough to climb the ladder. Lack of direction from management but always plenty of work to do. For the most part, you feel like you're spinning your wheels from day to day.
it's ok
Site Reliability Engineer - Deployment (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 20, 2018
they bit a lot more than they could chew with the HPE merger, and upper management doesn't seem to know anything. The incident team in operations are being worked to death because engineering releases broken code.
It was a long time ago when it was Novell
Director, Documentation Services Group (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 18, 2018
It has been many years since I worked at Novell, so I don't know the current culture or management. While at Novell, I had several promotions and great opportunities.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Layoffs
Novell was a great place to work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 18, 2018
Worked for Novell, back in the day, highly innovative company, would not trade my time there for anything. Really enjoyed working with some of the brightest people in the industry. Can not speak to the individual companies it broke apart into.
Productive and fun workplace with a ping-pong table
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 5, 2018
Overall the company is ok. But management for my team sucks. They live overseas, they micro-manage like no one I've ever worked for, and they watch you like hawks waiting for you to make a mistake.
Pros
Lots of perks here and there
Cons
Management for my group sucks
It's a fair company to work with
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 4, 2018
Overall it's fair company to work with. I have been worked with the company for about half year. Think the management has their goals and accomplishment for employees through the company.
It's alright
PROJECT MANAGER, Portfolio Planning & Operations (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 29, 2018
Came into Micro Focus from HPE. The best perk is the ability to work remotely. There is a lot of work with little financial incentive. I don't see much promoting from within.
Pros
remote working
Cons
benefits, salary, politics
Compensation is low for the level of work
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 24, 2018
Sales compensation is always wrong requires constant adjustments/freezes for 2-4 months at a time. People not receiving sales letters for 3-6 months at a time. Hiring freeze off and on / with a few empty promises to bring on new talent. Sales team are a bunch of college kids with little industry experience because they can pay them cheap. Sales protfolio stack is large and compensation is low for the knowledge required full comperhend the full stack.
Learn and Go
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 10, 2018
Good if you like to remain the same-

Favoritisms abound-
Select individuals

Sexism
Male dominated culture

Unsure of future of company

Major attrition - folks quit here like the plague
Benefits
Cons
Low morale
Great work environment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 9, 2018
I loved working at Novell. Lot's of great people and fun work environment. The only reason I left was because they changed the pay structure and I couldn't afford to work there anymore. I was also given a great opportunity to work and own my own Mortgage company. All in all it was an awesome experience at Novell!
Pros
great benefits, CEO and Presidents clubs were a blast
Cons
Changed the pay structure and couldn't afford to work there anymore
Failing
Sr. Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 9, 2018
Micro Focus is failing as a company. The sales are horrible and they are laying off there bench staff. The consulting staff is 1/4 of what it was and is still being laid off.
Pros
Checks do not bounce.
Cons
Lack of work, outsourcing almost all work that does come in.
Innovative and varied work environment
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 6, 2018
Over a long career I got to work on many different projects in different capacities. I got to work as a quality assurance engineer for OS2, DHCP and NetWare for Unix. Got to be a developer with NetWare communications protocols.

Was able to work with customers directly. Was able to participate in conferences as a presenter.

The wide variety of opportunities was great
Pros
Wide variety of career opportunities. stock options. benefits
Cons
not many
Excellent team and fun place work
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 1, 2018
I worked for Serena Sofware Inc. for 19 years prior to it being Acquired by Micro Focus Inc. It's a fun place to work; the kitchen is always fully stocked and People are very friendly. They are dedicated, passionate about the work they do and always strive for Quality.
Pros
The people and friendly atmosphere make it a fun place to work, plus the endless products to learn has a potential for career growth.
Cons
Can be stressful at times when working on multiple projects.
started out great ended with acquisition
Director of HR Global Operations (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 25, 2018
I don't know anything about Micro Focus as the company was Novell when I worked for it and it was a great company at the time. It provided great growth opportunities
Pros
great culture
Cons
handled the acquistion and the layoff poorly
Not Applicable
Manager (Current Employee) –  TeleworkerFebruary 21, 2018
Accelerated delivery expected. Hierarchical management structure adhered to. Male dominated. Long hours and weekends. Unrealistic goals. High turnover.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micro Focus. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss