MicroAge Employee Reviews

Bought out by larger company
Senior Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 4, 2018
CompuCom acquired MicroAge and laid off all employees in Tulsa with little notice. The whole situation was unprofessional and difficult. Horrible management
Great company to work for
Consultative Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 14, 2018
Very professional company, a Fortune 500 company at the time. Since then there was a restructuring and the company is more closely held. Great people to work for.
Pros
Awesome work environment
Cons
Sales goals
Was a great company
Director, Product Management (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 6, 2018
The company went through a bankruptcy in 2000. I have no experience working for the company after its restructure and cannot comment on today's working environment.
Great company
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 3, 2017
A typical day here can be a simple slow day or a full day with a fast paced work schedule. It is important to be mindful of your time and be able to schedule your days accordingly. You area always learning new things and advancing your certificates as new operating systems come out.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
can have down time or slow weeks which cause you to have a low paycheck period.
Productive and great learning experience
Parts Logistic (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2017
Working for MircoAge was a great experience I learned to warranty parts online, do monthly warranty reports, and best of all learn what computer parts were from HP, Compaq,and Apple.
Unfortunate business strategies
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
*Working contract restrictions is challenging, but necessary
*If you cannot get proper instructions, make your ideas for success known
*Management cannot always provide answers in a timely manner for your customers
*Culture not explained
*The hardest part of the job was to leave items unresolved
*The most enjoyable moment was knowing my customer was happy enough to hire my entire team.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Contract rigid decisions
nice workplace
Phoenix, Arizona - Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2017
typical day at work was fast and faster, i learned how to work with others and work in a fast paced environment. the most enjoyable part of the job learning about computers
Company is out of the consulting business.
Senior Consulting Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Memphis TN - Miami, FLJuly 9, 2017
Company is out of the consulting business. I've been away from them for seventeen years so don't know if they are still a viable business concern.

There.
Would never go back
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 1, 2017
MicroAge was dying when I worked there. They split into two different companies shortly after I joined and the transition was not as smooth as they planned. Management treated me like an unfaithful spouse when I finally left but people were being escorted out by security whenever the company decided to drop them - almost no notice and not much respect. Glad I left! I don't think they even exist any more. A shame. They USED to be a great company.
A head of it's time
Computer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 7, 2017
Well organized and personal support based on individual needs. Many aspects of computer service mixed with sterling service. Technology must be brought to the masses.
Pros
ecceptional
Cons
na

Want to know more about MicroAge?

Ask a question
Best Company to be employed by.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 15, 2017
This company provided a positive environment for any to grow and achieve their personal and professional goals. I was able to learn and grow my professional and personnel growth to how a company should run their business. They were true to their values, morals, and ethics. Providing a work place to be proud of and motivating each of us to exceed in our goals. They provided a true open door policy that enhanced employee moral that lead to increased productivity.
Good place to work for!
Advisory Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 24, 2017
This was my first experience in the consulting world and got excellent starting view of the role and the overall fit in career.
Fun place to learn
Technician Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJuly 5, 2016
Fun place to work, employees display very good morale. Co-workers get along. Learned my in-depth trouble-shooting skills. Management was OK.
Pros
Fun place to work, good people
Call center
Core staff (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CA 93454May 26, 2016
Hard work taking calls all day with few brakes. How to truly multitask as i took calls on the phone. Management was suppose to bring me up to level 2 but ended up letting me go due to miscommunication on their part. Coworkers were mixed up but manageable. Hardest part was doing both calls and logging the call precisely Hardest part was the coworkers.
Challenging and rewarding
Technical Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 11, 2015
MicroAge was a good place to work. They outsourced us to different clients.
Work day consisted of desktop support at the location assigned. Work orders were assigned and followed through until completion
Pros
Good company to work for. Hard work was acknowledged
Cons
Company was sold and moved out of state
Best company/people
On-Site Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 17, 2015
I can strongly say that this company is the best place I have every worked for. I was based at the Essar Steel plant. The co-workers were absolutely the best. They were so much help. I can't stress enough how much I liked working there.
Pros
everthing about the job and the people
Cons
if essar based the environment is dirty.
great managament , fun environment , good compensation
Pinacor Customer Service rep and Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe , AZFebruary 9, 2015
Was a great place to work , learned a lot about the technology industry , distribution , Different customer needs , Customer service. Variety of tasks in your job during the day , Fun activities to keep you engaged in sales promos.
Micrage
End-User Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 25, 2014
MicroAge was well suited for individuals that wanted to get there foot in the door to IT. They were supportive of all there contractors and treated them fairly. Our lead stayed connected to us and always willing to get information or lend a hand.
Pros
Company was local and stay active with their Contractor. Very supportive.
Cons
Did not find any negative.
Friendly Work Environment but Low Compensation
Help Desk Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2014
Answer phone calls to support UPS Shipping Software and Hardware for UPS Customers. Report call details in a common support database, and provide good customer support for customer needs and issues.

Learned how to use and troubleshoot UPS Shipping Software and Hardware.

Management was easy to work with, and co-workers were very friendly and easy to communicate with.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers or customers unwilling to work through their issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of accomplishment when successfully helping a customer.
Pros
Friendly Work Environment, Personal Workspace, Friendly Management
Cons
No Overtime, Little Room for Advancement, Low Pay/Compensation
Great startup company
Computer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 19, 2014
Good company for someone starting in the IT industry. Management and colleagues are nice group of people to work with.