Microchip Technology Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
One of the best jobs I've had
Specialist (Former Employee) –  OregonAugust 16, 2018
It was one if the best work places I've ever had. Good pay, great coworkers, great supervisors. Would gladly work there again. Pay was decent, but raises were lacking.
Huge cafeteria for employees to have hot meals
A/R Cash Applications Specialist/Collector (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 12, 2018
My day at work was downloading the Wells Fargo report and retrieve the wires, credit card payments and Ach's. Download the lock box bank reports for the Canada, Pasadena and Chicago locations. Apply all payments Wires, Credit card transactions,ach's, credit card payments and any transfers. Balance daily all posted transactions, and called on customers that short paid or over paid. Worked with team of collectors to work on discrepancies. I learned to work in a high work environment and learned a lot of the semiconductor industry. The culture was great, we all worked together as a team. The hardest part of the job was that I was the only one to post all payments for all of the US. Large volumes. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting the job done on time and felt great I could balance every month end. I enjoyed my job. I also issued all credits to credit cards for returned products.
Pros
Being able to enjoy breaks and after hour activities with colleagues. Team building outings.
Cons
High work load, needed to have bigger team
fast paced, nice people and good benifits
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 8, 2018
Very fast paced area to work in and kept me busy all night. I also enjoyed training new hires and learning new equipment as it came in.
I also learned after 20 years how to be patient with others and work as a team
Pros
great 401k and medical
Cons
breaks were to short
fun place to work
Senior Mask Layout Designer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 5, 2018
I had flexible work hours and worked well with co-workers and management. The work was exciting and challenging. The hardest part of the job was meeting the demanding work schedule / time-line
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
difficult tasks
Colorado Springs Location
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 31, 2018
Management is still the old Atmel management. Having worked at several semiconductor companies in my career, this is by far the worst. The pay/ health benefits are horrible. You will have a hard time living in COS with the cost of living and your pay. I know that I am giving them a poor review, but before you work here, you should talk to people that currently are here and ask their opinion. I am one of many who feel this way. I have also heard bad things about Microchips other fabs from current and past employees. I have also talked to many vendors who have worked in their fabs and they all feel the same. There are many other great semiconductor companies out there who value their employees. This is not one of them.
Pros
Just a job
Cons
Poor Site Management, Health Benefits, working conditions
Microchip was a fun and exciting place to work
Senior Mask Layout Designer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 30, 2018
The people I worked with were both knowledgeable and professional. Their were great opportunities to grow and learn. I learned everything from pad design to full chip mixed signal design.
Pros
Flexible works hours
Cons
Tight deadlines
Not Bad
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 26, 2018
You are gonna work with older people. It will take you at least 5 minutes to get to the bathroom if you are in the clean room. Don't drop the cassettes and don't fall asleep in Photo, while inspecting.
Pros
A job
Cons
wearing a bunny suit
Great Culture
Equipment Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 21, 2018
Microchip has an amazing culture but falls short on pay compared to other companies. I enjoy working for this company but am open to another company just because of the pay.
Pros
Culture, Benefits
Cons
Pay
We look for better days ahead
Applications Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 19, 2018
It is a company who doesn't understand basics of new product development; schedules are unreal; when there is a problem, the "team work" culture falls apart; big sacrifices are made even losses in personal life with no reward
Decent company
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJuly 10, 2018
Reasonable place to work for all around. I worked in one of their fabs. I advanced quickly and would still be working there if it wasn't for a major move. Starting pay is decent but later on the raises get fewer and further between. If you're wanting to put in the time and effort and want to increase your pay you should be looking to advance within the company, not expect significant and consistent raises.
Pros
all breaks paid for except 30 mins for lunch, compressed shift means long weekends
Cons
low wages overall.
Lots of drama
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 18, 2018
You'll be fine if you make friends with the right people. If not, you're doomed. Management does nothing to take care of people who create a hostile environment in the workplace.
Pros
free clinic
microchip review
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJune 14, 2018
Management was not good therefore work culture and moral suffered. The job itself is ok and I did not mind the work. However, working the graveyard shift took its toll on me and i had to resign.
Don't get sick
Production specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 7, 2018
Bad flu season, missed 3 days. Had never missed a day till then, got fired. Management was very hands off, I never met with my supervisor to discuss roles and responsibilities. I have worked in 5 fabs, no were as run down as this one.
Microchip is a very workers first based area.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 27, 2018
Microchip is all about there operators but a lot of lack of communication goes on. I would definitely say microchip could use more communication and lessattention of unnecessary things that happen.
Great corporate culture
Senior Level Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 21, 2018
Great corporate culture at this great company. I have been enjoying working at this company for last 2 years. It respects employees and job stability.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Salary is poor
Pleasent people to work with
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 8, 2018
A wonderful place to work and learn. Friendly people, good café, fair wages, good benefits, decent office space. Just at this point in my life I would like to know there were other positions within the company I could move around to.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
little inter office position movement
Good on the surface
Production specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 8, 2018
Was fun from the start but slowly got beat down by fellow employees, went from "what else can I do for you?" to "why didn't you just handle that or ask me?" Felt as though I was going above and beyond while others wanted to sit around. Was a contractor, so no hope of advancement for at least one year. Always felt like I was going to be fired for minor things, and had pranks pulled on me breaking the final straw.
Pros
Long Breaks, Integrated lunch and healthcare
Cons
Work ethic, no advancement
A great company with great benefits
A/R Cash Applications Specialist/Collector (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 27, 2018
This company has great benefits, great work in different fields and most departments have great team environment. They offer classes within the company to better your skills.
Pros
Great benefits, classes provided for employees
Cons
pay rate could be better
Excellent place to work
DESIGN ENGINEERING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 19, 2018
A job at Microchip is fast paced interesting and overall excellent experience. The culture is excellent. People are top notch. You will learn a lot about the business. You will definitely rate it as one of the best places you have worked in your career.
Fun place to work they have computers in the break Room/ Exercize room...
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 3, 2018
I like the 12 hour shifts..people there are polite. Management is good. I learned a lot working with silicon wafers. The trainers are well informed. I loved working there..
Pros
Free birthday cake..