Microchip Technology Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Company
Safety Production Enhancement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gresham, OR 97030October 6, 2018
Good Company to work for, great history, their Guiding Values
have just become words on a board, parts are adhered too, but not the values as a whole.
Pros
Excellent culture, but not always followed.
Cons
Management needs improvement, they don't connect very well when it comes to the needs of the employees, product comes first, employees second.
Good Company
LEAD INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 13, 2018
Good Company to work for. Great products delivery of services, and training. Careers at MCHP typically range from 4-25 years in length. You will look forward to working hear.
Get your money going in.
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 4, 2018
Company is more concerned about acquiring other companies than focusing on current issues. CEO is always asking for employees to save money even though he brags about having multiple consecutive quarters of profit.
Pros
gym
Cons
No raises
Worklife balance aided by having Medical Clinic onsite
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORSeptember 4, 2018
Microchipp is a place where you can learn a lot if you apply yourself to posted opportunities. Learn about posted jobs to see if your skills match or are close enough to interview for and prepare. Also, Best part of job was schedule that allowed time for taking care of personal business during daytime. Hard thing was constant change but learned to become flexible and learn to keep up with changes. Long hours and night shift became hard to deal with over many years working same shift.
Had many great supervisors and leads over a lon time. Many willing to mentor and support my desire to aply for opportunities and guide me in developing a plan to be efficient in new roles.
Pros
onsite clinic, short work weeks, great pay, overtime available
Cons
long hours, missing people to cover tools, never saw daylight
Best Place to work
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Novi, MISeptember 2, 2018
This is one of the best companies I have worked for. It was such a pleasant environment. I enjoyed the staff as they were a group of very professional and respectful people. I would go back to this company in a heartbeat.
Not a good place for longterm worker
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 1, 2018
I don't like the way of their management, they said this way but they did different way. Especially the CEO. The company mind is collecting money not wanna spend a penny. "MicroCheap"
Wonderful people
Senior Product Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 30, 2018
Microchip employees are absolutely wonderful your co-workers are your family away from home and working with a team that is competent is very fulfilling. The work loads are heavy and sometimes the meetings are abundant, but in the end you have a good feeling for a well completed accomplishment.
Pros
Wonderful and competent co-workers
Cons
Cut backs due to new acquisitions
No Bonuses, No Raises
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 28, 2018
If your company got acquired by mircocheap, run as fast as you can!

Low compensation. Also in many aspects it is too mean to employees. Cost saving is good, but not always and sometimes it has long-term negative impact on employee's loyalty.

The only advantage is good work/life balance.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
low compensation
Safe work place, culture is positive.
Production Systems Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80906August 20, 2018
Very singular to manufacturing positions with Intel Corporation. My work experience was adaptable, quality orientated, customer based and directly aligned with my skills.

I interviewed other peers for the same position and trained them on shift.

I have been selected to travel to other job sites to train and return with valuable corporate procedures and write specification for tool installation,
Pros
Very close to home, safety is number one. Training and upskilling always encouraged.
Cons
Required time off. Bonuses and raised siezed for the year.
One of the best jobs I've had
Specialist (Former Employee) –  OregonAugust 16, 2018
It was one if the best work places I've ever had. Good pay, great coworkers, great supervisors. Would gladly work there again. Pay was decent, but raises were lacking.
Huge cafeteria for employees to have hot meals
A/R Cash Applications Specialist/Collector (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 12, 2018
My day at work was downloading the Wells Fargo report and retrieve the wires, credit card payments and Ach's. Download the lock box bank reports for the Canada, Pasadena and Chicago locations. Apply all payments Wires, Credit card transactions,ach's, credit card payments and any transfers. Balance daily all posted transactions, and called on customers that short paid or over paid. Worked with team of collectors to work on discrepancies. I learned to work in a high work environment and learned a lot of the semiconductor industry. The culture was great, we all worked together as a team. The hardest part of the job was that I was the only one to post all payments for all of the US. Large volumes. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting the job done on time and felt great I could balance every month end. I enjoyed my job. I also issued all credits to credit cards for returned products.
Pros
Being able to enjoy breaks and after hour activities with colleagues. Team building outings.
Cons
High work load, needed to have bigger team
fast paced, nice people and good benifits
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 8, 2018
Very fast paced area to work in and kept me busy all night. I also enjoyed training new hires and learning new equipment as it came in.
I also learned after 20 years how to be patient with others and work as a team
Pros
great 401k and medical
Cons
breaks were to short
fun place to work
Senior Mask Layout Designer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 5, 2018
I had flexible work hours and worked well with co-workers and management. The work was exciting and challenging. The hardest part of the job was meeting the demanding work schedule / time-line
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
difficult tasks
Colorado Springs Location
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 31, 2018
Management is still the old Atmel management. Having worked at several semiconductor companies in my career, this is by far the worst. The pay/ health benefits are horrible. You will have a hard time living in COS with the cost of living and your pay. I know that I am giving them a poor review, but before you work here, you should talk to people that currently are here and ask their opinion. I am one of many who feel this way. I have also heard bad things about Microchips other fabs from current and past employees. I have also talked to many vendors who have worked in their fabs and they all feel the same. There are many other great semiconductor companies out there who value their employees. This is not one of them.
Pros
Just a job
Cons
Poor Site Management, Health Benefits, working conditions
Microchip was a fun and exciting place to work
Senior Mask Layout Designer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 30, 2018
The people I worked with were both knowledgeable and professional. Their were great opportunities to grow and learn. I learned everything from pad design to full chip mixed signal design.
Pros
Flexible works hours
Cons
Tight deadlines
Not Bad
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 26, 2018
You are gonna work with older people. It will take you at least 5 minutes to get to the bathroom if you are in the clean room. Don't drop the cassettes and don't fall asleep in Photo, while inspecting.
Pros
A job
Cons
wearing a bunny suit
Great Culture
Equipment Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 21, 2018
Microchip has an amazing culture but falls short on pay compared to other companies. I enjoy working for this company but am open to another company just because of the pay.
Pros
Culture, Benefits
Cons
Pay
We look for better days ahead
Applications Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 19, 2018
It is a company who doesn't understand basics of new product development; schedules are unreal; when there is a problem, the "team work" culture falls apart; big sacrifices are made even losses in personal life with no reward
Decent company
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJuly 10, 2018
Reasonable place to work for all around. I worked in one of their fabs. I advanced quickly and would still be working there if it wasn't for a major move. Starting pay is decent but later on the raises get fewer and further between. If you're wanting to put in the time and effort and want to increase your pay you should be looking to advance within the company, not expect significant and consistent raises.
Pros
all breaks paid for except 30 mins for lunch, compressed shift means long weekends
Cons
low wages overall.
Lots of drama
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 18, 2018
You'll be fine if you make friends with the right people. If not, you're doomed. Management does nothing to take care of people who create a hostile environment in the workplace.
Pros
free clinic