Microchip Technology Employee Reviews

Microchip is trying hard to keep employees as their greatest strenghth
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 21, 2019
I love working at Microchip and have since day one. Yes the pay could be better for the dangers we face in a fab and our breaks should be 15 min longer. Altogether though if you look at the long term advancements if you apply yourself its absolutely awesome. Yes the starting pay is not great but they give you overtime every day and 81 hours sick and 81 hours vacation. They will also pay for your college to advance your career.
Pros
awesome culture team
Cons
Poor attitudes
An all around great place to work
Principal Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 20, 2019
Microchip is a great company. Microchip's management values maintaining a good corporate culture, and they have been quite successful at doing so. Employees are typically cooperative with each other and tend to interact smoothly and positively.
Pros
Company culture is very good; good coworkers; good management
I legitimately hated working at this place
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 25, 2019
I worked the C shift and it was truly one of the worst times in my life. Menial work for 12 hours a day was mind numbing and the repetitive motion injury from this job was great.
Dependable employment with good benefits but with low pay
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJanuary 16, 2019
Overall, if anyone wants to work at a good company to get experience in the Semiconductor Industry, this is a good place to start. I liked most of my co-workers and management but my hourly wage was middling compared to similar ones in the industry. The benefits are good, which mostly makes up for the low wage. I did have trouble coping with a 12-hour , overnight shift; which is the main reason why I left my job ( poor health & trouble sleeping).
Pros
Very good benefits, Onsite Health Clinic
Cons
Low Pay
Fast paced
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 10, 2019
If you like a fast paced environment and can handle working in a clean room environment, then it's an alright place to work. The production specialists work on a compressed shift so it can be nice but hard to deal with for some.
Stable company
Software Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 6, 2019
Microchip is a stable company but the salaries tend to be low in the industry. The culture is generally relaxed, but you won't work with cutting-edge technologies or methodologies.
nice company
Senior DSP Engineer (Former Employee) –  arizonaDecember 17, 2018
wonderful prodcuts wonderful team , excellent learning curve but poor salary. The company has a good organization structure . Good environment. But very less pay
Generally bad.
Production Enhancement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 6, 2018
Lies about compensation, false promises about advancement, forced skipped breaks, one person doing the work of three and being hounded for more, terrible hours, etc.
Pros
Great vision and dental benefits.
Cons
Night shift hours, generally bad people.
Manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 30, 2018
Microchip is a great place to work.
I wish i could stay there but the job is going elsewhere.
I know that there are people that need to work more than I do and I want to do something different.
Pride in your work
Diffusion Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 20, 2018
The shifts are rotating 12 hour shifts. You have 3 days on, 4 days off, then 4 days on and 3 days off. Sounds great, but 12 hour shifts get tough on that 4th day. It was a high paced industrial setting and you work in a Clean Room, meaning you have clean suits and ladies...NO Makeup. They bonus people based on Company performance per quarter, but there are also mandatory shift decreases when production slows around the holidays. Most of the long-timers were there for 10 years or longer, and the company is not for the faint of heart. You have to move quickly, and be ok with the inherent risks of manufacturing processes. They had years since their last injury on the clock. Awesome experience.
Pros
benefits, good pay, clear expectations, good training
Cons
schedule adjustment, missing quarterly bonuses if not tenured prior to previous date
Productive workplace
Analog Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 9, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay working at Microchip. Lots of knowledgeable people and coworkers. Great environment. Good team building events and strong culture.
Good Company
Safety Production Enhancement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gresham, OR 97030October 6, 2018
Good Company to work for, great history, their Guiding Values
have just become words on a board, parts are adhered too, but not the values as a whole.
Pros
Excellent culture, but not always followed.
Cons
Management needs improvement, they don't connect very well when it comes to the needs of the employees, product comes first, employees second.
Good Company
LEAD INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 13, 2018
Good Company to work for. Great products delivery of services, and training. Careers at MCHP typically range from 4-25 years in length. You will look forward to working hear.
Get your money going in.
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 4, 2018
Company is more concerned about acquiring other companies than focusing on current issues. CEO is always asking for employees to save money even though he brags about having multiple consecutive quarters of profit.
Pros
gym
Cons
No raises
Worklife balance aided by having Medical Clinic onsite
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORSeptember 4, 2018
Microchipp is a place where you can learn a lot if you apply yourself to posted opportunities. Learn about posted jobs to see if your skills match or are close enough to interview for and prepare. Also, Best part of job was schedule that allowed time for taking care of personal business during daytime. Hard thing was constant change but learned to become flexible and learn to keep up with changes. Long hours and night shift became hard to deal with over many years working same shift.
Had many great supervisors and leads over a lon time. Many willing to mentor and support my desire to aply for opportunities and guide me in developing a plan to be efficient in new roles.
Pros
onsite clinic, short work weeks, great pay, overtime available
Cons
long hours, missing people to cover tools, never saw daylight
Best Place to work
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Novi, MISeptember 2, 2018
This is one of the best companies I have worked for. It was such a pleasant environment. I enjoyed the staff as they were a group of very professional and respectful people. I would go back to this company in a heartbeat.
Not a good place for longterm worker
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 1, 2018
I don't like the way of their management, they said this way but they did different way. Especially the CEO. The company mind is collecting money not wanna spend a penny. "MicroCheap"
Wonderful people
Senior Product Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 30, 2018
Microchip employees are absolutely wonderful your co-workers are your family away from home and working with a team that is competent is very fulfilling. The work loads are heavy and sometimes the meetings are abundant, but in the end you have a good feeling for a well completed accomplishment.
Pros
Wonderful and competent co-workers
Cons
Cut backs due to new acquisitions
No Bonuses, No Raises
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 28, 2018
If your company got acquired by mircocheap, run as fast as you can!

Low compensation. Also in many aspects it is too mean to employees. Cost saving is good, but not always and sometimes it has long-term negative impact on employee's loyalty.

The only advantage is good work/life balance.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
low compensation
Safe work place, culture is positive.
Production Systems Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80906August 20, 2018
Very singular to manufacturing positions with Intel Corporation. My work experience was adaptable, quality orientated, customer based and directly aligned with my skills.

I interviewed other peers for the same position and trained them on shift.

I have been selected to travel to other job sites to train and return with valuable corporate procedures and write specification for tool installation,
Pros
Very close to home, safety is number one. Training and upskilling always encouraged.
Cons
Required time off. Bonuses and raised siezed for the year.