Microchip Technology Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
microchip review
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJune 14, 2018
Management was not good therefore work culture and moral suffered. The job itself is ok and I did not mind the work. However, working the graveyard shift took its toll on me and i had to resign.
Don't get sick
Production specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 7, 2018
Bad flu season, missed 3 days. Had never missed a day till then, got fired. Management was very hands off, I never met with my supervisor to discuss roles and responsibilities. I have worked in 5 fabs, no were as run down as this one.
Microchip is a very workers first based area.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 27, 2018
Microchip is all about there operators but a lot of lack of communication goes on. I would definitely say microchip could use more communication and lessattention of unnecessary things that happen.
Great corporate culture
Senior Level Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 21, 2018
Great corporate culture at this great company. I have been enjoying working at this company for last 2 years. It respects employees and job stability.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Salary is poor
Pleasent people to work with
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 8, 2018
A wonderful place to work and learn. Friendly people, good café, fair wages, good benefits, decent office space. Just at this point in my life I would like to know there were other positions within the company I could move around to.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
little inter office position movement
Good on the surface
Production specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 8, 2018
Was fun from the start but slowly got beat down by fellow employees, went from "what else can I do for you?" to "why didn't you just handle that or ask me?" Felt as though I was going above and beyond while others wanted to sit around. Was a contractor, so no hope of advancement for at least one year. Always felt like I was going to be fired for minor things, and had pranks pulled on me breaking the final straw.
Pros
Long Breaks, Integrated lunch and healthcare
Cons
Work ethic, no advancement
A great company with great benefits
A/R Cash Applications Specialist/Collector (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 27, 2018
This company has great benefits, great work in different fields and most departments have great team environment. They offer classes within the company to better your skills.
Pros
Great benefits, classes provided for employees
Cons
pay rate could be better
Excellent place to work
DESIGN ENGINEERING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 19, 2018
A job at Microchip is fast paced interesting and overall excellent experience. The culture is excellent. People are top notch. You will learn a lot about the business. You will definitely rate it as one of the best places you have worked in your career.
Fun place to work they have computers in the break Room/ Exercize room...
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 3, 2018
I like the 12 hour shifts..people there are polite. Management is good. I learned a lot working with silicon wafers. The trainers are well informed. I loved working there..
Pros
Free birthday cake..
Great company, but kind of boring
Sr. Material Control Analyst/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORMarch 3, 2018
It's a great place to work for all the reasons...good benefits, job stability, etc. If you like a very subdued environment, steady pace, little changes and same thing day after day...you would thrive at microchip. If you are a very high energy person who thrives on process improvement, fast pace, people focused type work...you may find Microchip a boring place to work. As I said, nothing really bad to say about the company, many happy people work there. It's just a very low-key environment and fun is not necessarily in their vocabulary.
Pros
Great benefits, bonus and stock for all levels of staff
Cons
Same thing day after day, little energy, or excitement to be had
Very Innovative in industry
IS Operations Manager / Sr. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 25, 2018
My role was to maintain all servers, applications and databases to ensure they were 100% available to all users globally.

I was able to learn new technologies and platforms while working there.
Pros
Innovative, good management team
Cons
can be political between various groups
I made friend with co-worker here.
Sr. PES, Yield (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORFebruary 21, 2018
Started at this place and I had made lots of friends here. But most of them left to a different jobs already. This job barely give a raise to the employee. I worked here for more than 7 years but didn't get pay as my experience.
Pros
Hang out with co-worker after work.
Cons
To much stress.
Great place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2018
Everyone was very nice and willing to help if you needed anything. I was driving 30 miles a day and I willing going in to work. The management was great.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
wish it did ended
Great Corporate Culture
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 3, 2018
I enjoy working there but the compensation does not match the amount of work expected. Starting salaries are not competitive nor are they on par with industry standards.
Pros
Cafeteria, quarterly bonuses
Negative and hostile work environment.
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJanuary 27, 2018
The company intention is positive, but the local management with people who have a little bit of authority or can make some impacting decision exhibit elite attitude.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Negative, hostile, lazy people.
Able to make friends
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 26, 2018
The CEO knows how to run a company. He has championed higher profits for over 102 quarters. The company is well trained on safety, procedures and ISO qualification.
Pros
Stocks
Very friendly and collaborative work environment
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2018
On the job they teach you one machine at a time to see how the process works and then when confident they move onto the next machine that they teach you. At the same time you are inputting the information onto the system to make sure everything is running properly.
good people
Develop inspect, Final Inspection, (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 12, 2017
I only work at Microchip for a least a year. Used to be Micrel Inc. Microchip bought Micrel, and I stayed until it close. Microchip is a good company and I just dont want to get re-locate out of state.
Pros
free food once in a while
benefits
Na
Senior Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORDecember 12, 2017
Nice plase to work, nice people to work with fun place to work many benifits working here working hours could be better but that is the nature of the beast
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Principal Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 7, 2017
An excellent education system which is good for new college glads so that they can build up their carrier efficiently without hassle. For experienced engineers, it is relaxed place and you would feel secured. Since they, in general, do not lay off their employees but ask king you a voluntary pay reduction in the down turn.
Pros
Good Job Work / Life Balance
Cons
Relatively low salary