Micron Technology, Inc.
66Average

Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA163 reviews
Micron has a very good overall compensation package. The greatest part of working at MICRON was the people and the challenging work. The compressed workweek allows for 4 days off a week to spend time with your family.
Pros
2 bonuses a year, compressed workweek results in 3 and 4 day weekends.
Cons
12 hour shifts
As a technician in the clean room fab, my typical day included monitoring computer based systems for down equipment and responding to said equipment. Micron provides all the training needed to complete the daily scheduled and unscheduled tasks. The best part about a career with Micron is the friendly work environment and benefits this company provides. Some days can be more stressful than others as with any other work place but overall my experience with Micron was positive and exciting.
Pros
great schedule, room for growth, friendly environment
Cons
occasional stressful
Great place to work if you’re looking for a set full time job. Long working hours but given long weekend. Could take up personal life as hours are 12 hours a piece.
Benefits
Cons
Long Rigid Hours
I loved working at Micron! I only left to pursue a different career path. I highly recommend to anyone. They appreciate individuals who are hard-working and with good work ethic.
The employees at the company are great and fun to work with. I learned a lot from working there. The supervisor was very supportive of my learning endeavors.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Enjoyed it quite a bit. Only reason I'm job searching is to move back home for family. Otherwise I would be there since it a great place to solidify your career.
Days and hours were the best part of the job where I worked 3 days on 4 days off and vice versa the following week. I loved my job but they hardly ever gave raises or promotions. Management would always say they wanted to help make things better but there was no transparency everything was always a secret and every time we made a suggestion to make things better it hardly ever happened.
Colleagues are very friendly and intelligent. You learn new things almost everyday.

Management provides great opportunities to grow and succeed at the company.
I truly enjoyed my experiences at Micron Technology. While dealing with customers and incoming freight I feel I exceeded expectations. I will miss this job.
An excellent company with a great future. Going through a culture change right now, upgrading to 6S mentallity. Good people to work with. some small safety concerns which have been brought to MGMT's attention. As with what seems normal in this particular industy...there does seem to be a small disconnect between workers, and management.
Great company. Great atmosphere. Very diverse. Professional yet laid back. Lots of resource groups. Couldn’t have been happier with working at Micron
poor management. Drives good people away and keeps the slackers. Anyone with something to offers gets frustrated and leaves. Facility manager is not truthful and the root of problems in the facility department.
Had a good experience with Micron. My coworkers were great and supportive. Only left because I had a long commute from Richmond. Would had stayed there for a long time
Good environment and management who encourages to do innovative work.
HR is responsive and supportive

I learned the domain knowledge and my colleagues helped me to understand the fab related data.
Good Benefits. If company is doing well they share the wealth with bonuses. The only issue I had was I never Felt like I had a clear path for advancement
Micron is a very busy and interesting place to work. The management is very supportive and promotion opportunities are endless. Micron is always striving to become a better place to work is always taking steps and measurements to keep the company profitable.
As an Intern at Micron Technology one can learn a lot. Working there has opened my eyes of how much effort goes into making micro chips for the everyday technology we use i.e. Laptops, Smart phones, Vehicles and Tablets. Working there was a fantastic learning experience, its just too bad that the micro management was not worth my sanity. I worked for the department of Photolithography and while it was great while it lasted you truly feel as though you are being criticized behind your back way too much. The company is great depending on what department you work for but please be cautious for there are no cameras in the facility due to confidentiality sake. Ergo the people talking behind your back becomes a game of telephone all the way to your manager.
Great company to work for I enjoyed the day to day challenges. Training was adequate but could be more available. Safety was always first and equipment made available. I enjoyed working with the shift and advancing my knowledge in the semiconductor industry.
Interesting and challenging place to work; daily interactions with machines kept you on top of your skills. New challenges with said machines to inspire troubleshooting and problem solving. 12 hour work days with on site cafeteria provided and quiet rooms to relax in. Management was always helpful and looked for your best interest and let you know what it took to advance in the company. This was the only real experience I had in my electrical engineering field and i enjoyed it very much.
Pros
A lot of activities in and out of work
Cons
12 hour work days if you are not prepared for them
They don't care about you at all. they will use you until you are a wasted husk. A typical day is working like a slave for nothing. Management are idiots. Its awful.
Excellent work environment. People willing to work with you. Multicultural atmosphere. Environment friendly. Chemical background required to understand the relevant work which consisted of manufacturing processor chips for computers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micron Technology, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Micron Technology, Inc. Reviews by Location