Micron Technology
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Micron Technology Employee Reviews

United States903 reviews

Found 903 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,126 reviews

Productive and challenging place to work. Excellent staff!!

Micron has a very good overall compensation package. The greatest part of working at MICRON was the people and the challenging work. The compressed workweek allows for 4 days off a week to spend time with your family.

Pros

2 bonuses a year, compressed workweek results in 3 and 4 day weekends.

Cons

12 hour shifts

Great team members but lower comp compared to industry

my team is great but living in Boise is not exciting and the comp is lower compared to other firms for the same role. Work life balance is good but not much impactful work

Micron Technology insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Overworked & Understaffed Rat Race

The people I worked with were fantastic & very smart, corporate runs you into the ground with a constant self-improvement culture that makes you feel obliged to say yes to a 10pm meeting.During the pandemic, while investors & executives were cashing in over 80% on stock, they implemented a policy of "Promotions Without Pay Raises"-- morally irreprhensible to have big wigs making thousands on stock returns, but yet the manufaturing workers have to give up a 5-10K pay raise in order to 'protect company costs'.

Good pay, benefits, and time off

Huge culture shift with new CEO. He appears to be among the woke crowd and seems focused on everything that goes with that. I'm not a fan of that PC sensitivity stuff but some people are. They pay and time off are great, especially if you have a 12 got shift schedule(hourly employees typically) 3 day weekend one week and 4 day weekend the next, plus holidays and a pretty generous time off program allows for great work/life balance. Very intelligent and focused coworkers. Good advancement opportunities if motivated. Great place to work for the most part.

Productive and team atmosphere

Teamwork and Growth within the company, as well as the different cultures in the company. It was fun learning different things in different areas. The hardest part was moving up with in the Company. Sometimes it felt like you were being held back.

Good pay

Micron is about driving their people hard to meet difficult timelines and this can result in a lopsided work/life balance at times. They pay you well for the trouble.

Pros

Good compensation

Cons

Work/life balance

Left the company with many valuable job skills

Worked for them for 21 years and then was laid off due to my department being sent to Taiwan. Overall I enjoyed my years at Micron and made some great friends and developed many great job skills and learned 8 different processes and machines. The 12 hour shifts and some of the managers and leaders of the company where starting to burn me out towards the end of my time there. But Micron overall was a good company to work for and i also had some great supervisors.

Pros

Benefits, some great co-workers and supervisors, opportunities to advance in the company.

Cons

12 hour shifts, quite a few in upper management viewed the workers as easily replaceable.

Great people great place

Super manager and lead. Work load is perfect. They are pretty laid back. Lunches and breakfast are cheap 😋. Provide all necessary tools and supplies. Quality equipment.

Pros

Cheap lunches cool people

Cons

Not sure yet...

Rude Management Poor Direction

Rude management prone to manipulative behavior and poor training. Places pressure on you to absolve them of their poor work-life balance and blames lower staff for not driving their bad planning that they later realize was misdirected and ineffective and scraps it in the end.Hires employees with an already decided intention of your duration regardless of your contract. Focuses more on your work to compensate for their lack of effectiveness to place blame. Sacrifices others for their own professional opportunities. Expects you to do their job so they can take a more observational approach than a management like approach.

its a great place to work for. But it depends on the area and the managers M1, M2

Its a great place to work for, but it depends on the area and the managers M1, M2.Some areas have the best managers, some areas have the worse people on earth.In general, Micron is a great company. During my work in Micron, when an issue happens, managers do not help solving the issue, instead, they look to blame people.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

expect to work non stop, 24 h, 7 d

Lots to learn

Loved working here but their Covid mandates forced me out. They thrived on data to better the business except in the area of the vaccine. Other then that there was lots of growth opportunities. If you did your job well they would promote you and they gave you chances to shine and take on new challenges.

Pros

Lots of learning, spot bonuses

Cons

Lazy people got promoted, Covid mandates

Good People, Poor Management

Working as a tech. Other techs, both equipment and process, are friendly and work hard to support eachother. Many of the team leads/supervisors as well. But have to say that over the past year can sense morale dropping. Lack of competitive pay has allowed other companies to poach many of the best techs. Combined with those who left due to vaccination mandate, many departments/shifts severely understaffed. Many people work maximum OT just so to keep some shifts afloat. Compounded by lack of communication and proper direction from upper management. Many decisions being made without consultation of leads, and no proper action plans or timelines created to help complete goals dropped in their laps.

Decent place to work

Working here was better than most jobs I've had. It does have it's ups and downs but overall a great place to work. I can't say I have much complains.

Pros

Free lunch good breaks and lunch

Work life balance was good,Management was often not truthful about upcoming changes,Does not rotate shift work, You may be stuck on a night/day

Pros:Work life balance was good.Pay was fair and reviewed yearlyCONS:Management was often not truthful about upcoming changesDoes not rotate shift work, You may be stuck on a night/day shift with very little opportunity to get to the other side

Pros

12hr shifts. 3 days one week, 4 days the next

Cons

Never a clear picture of company direction, There was always lack of trust between IC's and Senior management

Fast paced 12 hours on your feet

I worked overnights. It was very hard on me. I did not like my supervisor. Ha had his favorites. I was not one of them. Training was a big issue. Expectations were impossible. Never get the training to meet those expectations.

Pros

Amazing Benefit Package

Cons

Overnights was very hard

Good benefits. Terrible leadership.

Micron uses people up and gets rid of them after their best years are behind them.They actively target long time employees to get rid of because their surveys bring down the scores.

Software Engineer

Review varies based on different teams.Work life balance is good for my team. Management tries to outsource stuff to Low cost countries wherever possible.

Cleanroom work is Awesome

Fun place to work, challenging to get to speed if new. Great worklife of 3-4 days a week on 12hr shifts. Nightshift was not worth the small increase in pay as you forfeit your social life and wellbeing. Some good and some bad coworkers as usual, Management cares depending on department. Lot of room for growth and a lot of education opportunities. A very "I'll teach you" culture which will help you go very far in your career.

Beware! Just when you get comfortable they will lay you off

The revolving door at this company blatantly obvious from the moment you start working for this company. They lay off people all the time for no reason at all. Not a good company to work for if you need stability in your life

Pros

Pay is alright

Cons

Constant layoffs, rude and unprofessional management, the whole place is messed up

Good place to start off

Micron is a good place to start of in the semiconductor sector. Overall my experience with them has been good so far. Managment is helpful. Worklife balance is great depending upon individual needs. Nothing hard about the work just adjusting to the type of work that is performed.

Good Place to work as an intern

Interning at Micron Technology was definitely a learning experience. However, it is a very old crowd and I often felt like I was the only person who knew what I was doing.

Pros

Smart People

Cons

Wasted time waiting for access

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micron Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Micron Technology.
Powered byComparably