Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

enjoyed 3-4 alternating work week
SENOIR TOOL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 4, 2019
working environment was safe, enjoyed working with fellow co-workers, Working on toolsets with different processes challenging. Management had open door policy welcoming you as team member
Pros
good training, timeoff, benefits
Cons
cleanroom, always had to put on cleanroom suit.
Great work place
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 4, 2019
Great office vibe, professional and causal is always a great balance at Micron. Management Site wide has varied over the years, but my personal managers were phenomenal and always great to work as well as understanding and listening to their employees request and troubles.
Pros
Company outings
Cons
Stock investments
Decent place to work
Senior Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 3, 2019
Decent place to work with good benefits. Pretty good work/life balance. It really came down to the area and shift you worked on. The good thing is that company provided opportunities for movement into other work areas.
Fab Technician (T2) (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 2, 2019
Micron was a pretty decent place to work. I was required to work seven days over a two week period and they were pretty lenient with authorizing their employees wishes to work additional overtime. The only drawback to working there was how they performed their promotions.
Pros
Excellent job/life balance
Cons
Promotions were almost non-existant
Productive work place and culture
Sr. Process Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 28, 2019
Great place to work !! Boise is a small town but the work is great with good growth prospects. I would strongly recommend anybody working in the field of semiconductor manufacturing.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 26, 2019
Micron is a great place to work. They allow for advancements in careers if the employee takes advantage of it. The benefits are the best around. I would highly recommend this place.
Great benefits and great shifts to work.
QA OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 25, 2019
I would still be working at Micron if they would not have moved overseas. The shifts you were given to work allowed great family time. The vacation pay and bonuses were great.
Great internship opportunity
Workforce Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 23, 2019
Typical work days included working on tasks assigned by manager. Waiting for new tasks to come up. Learned SharePoint and another new software. Management was amazing. My manager and my managers manager were great people. Culture was positive and all my coworkers had positive attitudes. Micron has developed a strong culture and those who have been there speak highly of the work they have done. The most difficult part of the job was the little bit of off time waiting for someone to deliver something. The most enjoyable part of the job was the overall experience of working in a amazing business and having co workers who make the time that much better. 10/10
Pros
Decent food, good pay, good friends, hard work
Cons
Temporary
Great company to work with
Business Analytics Intern - Embedded Business Unit (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 22, 2019
I interned at Micron as an intern in the Business Development Org. Program was structured but at the same time I had the freedom to chose projects of my choice. Management was helpful and supportive.
summer internship 2018
ECAP Development (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 22, 2019
to gain knowledge and industrial skills.
to learn new experiences from teammates and others
8 hours working per day. however, you can come to work early and leave early too.
everyone is so friendly and be help when you need

Want to know more about Micron Technology, Inc.?

Ask a question
great place to work
Project Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 20, 2019
micron offer each employees to grow at their pace.I had learned leaderships skills and able to work with other team that also strengthen my people skill.
Pros
Fair
Nearly 20 years
SENIOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 20, 2019
Micron was a great company to work for. The industry is volatile though and it has its highs and lows. Industry wide layoffs were common and aside from that, the company was awesome to work for. Safe and clean work areas and the employees were awesome.
Pros
3 days on, 4 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off.
Cons
Shifting every four months from day shift to night shift and vise versa
Productive, Great Culture, Great Teams.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 20, 2019
Worked as an intern for one year at Micron Technology. Gained lots of team-working experience as an intern in Fab Support. Using different programs to update and check status of different tools down on Fab level and on Sub-Fab Level. Great place to work and a really great culture. Also have family history who had worked at Micron. Management on my team was a really great guy, who always gave me proper instruction, in the nicest way possible. The most difficult part about this job was when you perform Progressive Maintenance on Sub-Fab level tools when they are alarming or down.
Pros
Free Food, Great Benefits, decent pay. Chances for salary increase, Stock Opportunities.
Challenging work environment with limited upside
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 15, 2019
Micron is a company full of many great team members that are a lot of fun to work with. The working conditions at Micron have become challenging with uncertain and changing expectations being set by leadership.
Pros
Onsite fitness center
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
Technician
Texhnician T3 (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 15, 2019
This was a successful employment opportunity that lasted approximate 6 years as I was employed here twice. I am an excellent employee. If I didn't have to move I would still be there.
Pros
Actively enguaged
Cons
Layoffs
too much tribal knowledge; no peer mentorship
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2019
tribal knowledge driven. sink or swim attitude. good pay but you have to dedicate yourself to many long hours self learning. Zero idle time and full throttle high tech constantly.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor work life balance
Worst company and work culture
Sr SAP EDI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 11, 2019
Micromanagement client, who doesnt care about your skills or knowledge but only focus for your email writing and timings and being online. No welcoming nature for newest member of the team. Talks something in front of you and something in back of you.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Worst Company, micromanagement, onsite offshore model sucks, no work life balance, expected to even work for more than 18hrs a day
Challenging and working with good people around you
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 9, 2019
Most days were different depending on the state of the many equipment in the dept, My typical day would with a passdown from the previous shift technician since Micron Technology is a 24/7 manufacturing company, I will then work on any equipment that are in need of repairs and then proceeded with performing PMs on equipment that required it. Management for the most part will leave alone as long as I am keeping myself busy.The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with my co-workers.
Pros
Vacation time and benefits
Cons
Was a great place to work
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 3, 2019
Used to be a great place to work. New CEO has introduced a culture that is toxic and and places more importance on diversity than results. Would no longer recommend Micron as a place to work.
Great weight room
Principal Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 2, 2019
Good people to work with. Great supervisor's, Advancement was hard to get. Job security bad, The most enjoyable put of my job was working with fellow tech's, engineer's and supervisor's.
Pros
Good education
Cons
layoffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micron Technology, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Micron Technology, Inc..

Powered by Comparably