Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

It was okay but not great
Quality Assurance Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 22, 2018
Compensation at Micron was good, but the days would be boring at times. It was my first internship and there also weren't many interns with me. Most of the employees were older so it was hard to relate to them.
Micron is a large company, I have seen the best and worst of people here.
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Micron Technology, Inc Boise IDMay 21, 2018
There are depts and managers at Micron that are successful and performing at high levels...then there is manufacturing which is comprised mostly of bad management that have been moved from one dept to another leaving a wake of failure behind them, yet continue to spread their bad moral and negative mindsets throughout the company. They remain because they are part of the "buddy system" This management has driven most of the good employees away from the Assembly mfg group. This entire Dept will officially be transferred to Taiwan in the Fall of 2018.

The outlook for micron in Boise is bleak and I believe all mfg at micron Boise will come to an end in the next few years. I would not recommend This company to anyone with ethics that wants a satisfying career with advancement.
Pros
Compressed work week, time off, fitness center
Cons
Poor leadership, lack of integrity, top heavy
Production line
Operator 2 - Fab 3 (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 20, 2018
I worked a twelve hour day 3 days a week then the next week was 4 days. It was a production job in a very clean environment due to the nature of the product being made.
Great way to work more hads on.
Senior Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 9, 2018
Great place to work, high tech with opportunity for advancement and professional development. Appreciated the opportunity to work in the Semi conductor business. Incredibly talented people I worked with in the trenches day in and day out - kept me going and motivated.
Pros
Great benefits, days off and PTO
Cons
No respect for employee skills
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 8, 2018
Employer has no consideration for employees. They are much more interested in job titles than actual work done. They have no respect for those who hold degrees in science but are not "engineers." They instead pay them half for literally the exact same work. Incredibly arrogant and hierarchical. Will never work at this place for as long as I live.
Love the people I worked with
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 8, 2018
Incredibly talented and awesome people I worked with in the trenches day in and day out - kept me going and motivated. Very sterile environment otherwise. I was able to earn my MBA while there for which I am grateful.
Pros
Good training, excellent people
Very fast paced.
CMP TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 30, 2018
Great place to work, high tech with opportunity for advancement and professional development. Appreciated the opportunity to work in my specialty in the Semi conductor business, however, 4hour one way commute challenging to work life balance.
Loved Micron
Copy Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 30, 2018
Unfortunately I didn't get to experience must at Micron. They did a big layoff and being that I came right before they laid employees off I was one to go. I really don't have anything bad to say about Micron.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good Place To Work
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAApril 30, 2018
It Good If Tou Like To Work Hands On
Lots of Different Machines To Work On Easy to Learn
Not Much Standing or Walking Around Unless You Have More Than One Machines
Pros
Great Way To Work More Hands On
Cons
Loud because so many different machines
Interim job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 25, 2018
Hard but satisfying work. Required specialized clothing that could be prohibitive. Would have considered maintaining employment if compensation would have been acceptable.
Supprt Technician
Test Equipment Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 23, 2018
Micron is a glorified sweatshop. You are not a name you are a number. I want to be part of a team, not part of the herd. I was promoted twice, however ended up working for someone I went to high school with, and we didn't get along. I moved on.
Pros
Days off
Cons
12 hour shifts
Productive and very good place to work with b-ball court and ping-pong
Firmware Test Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 23, 2018
I was a contractor, but felt like part of the team. It did have good team work for the most part, and the people were positive and upbeat. Every company has its trials, but for the most part, employees rode the waves with grace. Good place to work.
Pros
Good work culture in Longmont
Cons
Direction for the entire group was not as solid as I would like
Very Fast paced and Competitive organisation
Test Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 22, 2018
My Typical Work day would start at 9.00 with a Stand up meeting with the Developement team. and next few ours for completing the assigned task and by the end of the day we have a daily review meeting with all the stake holder to assess where do we stand in that Sprint., this meeting especially helps us in achieving all our sprint goals in time. and also to come back to work with a very clear mind and understanding. though this meeting is not in Agile process , we tend to continue this.
Pros
very competitive team
Cons
very few paid vacations
Large employer
Yield Analysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 22, 2018
Micron used to be the largest employer in Idaho and is probably still a good firm to work for. There has been times of large layoffs and the company has sent a lot of manufacturing jobs overseas. That's just the way it goes.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 22, 2018
is a fantastic organization to work for! Colleagues quickly become family and the culture makes you feel right at home! The work/life balance standard they have created with unlimited PTO is hard to find or even know of these days.
Nice place to work
Manufacturing Technician Trainer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 19, 2018
It depend on the day. it was really a fast pact moving company.
We was always on a dead line to get the wafers out the door.
I love the 4 days on 3 days off.
Time Oriented place to work
Engineer in Assembly Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 18, 2018
Some improvement over years, however culture is deep rooted into requiring employees to dedicate a large amount of time taking up space throughout the week rather than just saying if tasks are complete then no need to be present at site.
Pros
Good living relative to area cost of living
Cons
Upper level management is not vested in local employees
Very Good benefits
Equipment Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 13, 2018
The Job was fast paced and you had to be able to think on the fly.
The micron management was very family oriented. All of the personnel were very easy to be around.
No job security
Associate Equipment Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 12, 2018
Doesn't matter if you been there for 30+ years, your just a number to upper management and could be cut to save the company a few cents. Good benefits and time off but never expect a raise.
Pros
Good workers
Cons
Temp job, you just don't know it yet.
A good place to intern
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 8, 2018
Micron is a good place to work as an intern. The company puts a lot of effort into matching interns with the best group for their skills and interests. Work is usually interesting and of importance, but they don't push the interns too hard. They also provide intern activities outside of work.
Pros
Intern activities, decent pay
Cons
Old school

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micron Technology, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

75out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Micron Technology, Inc..