Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

Awesome
METROLOGY TRANSFER ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 9, 2018
I Loved Micron. 19 years and 10 different positions. It was a way of life and I enjoyed it all. I would love to go back but am not sure that I can after my time off.... If I could there is nowhere I would rather be.
Pros
The challenge.
Cons
The challenge.
Productive workplace
Certified Manufacturing operator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PROctober 7, 2018
My experience working at Micron was excellent. I loved working 3 days a week on one week and 4 days on the following week. It provided the time for me to run personal errands and health appointments without having to take a day off. The company took care of the team members by providing health fairs and other events. Micron gave me the opportunity to work overtime.It was an amazing work experience that I miss. I wish the company had not left Puerto Rico.
Pros
Health events, 3 or 4 work days a week
Cons
long shifts
Best company I have ever worked for!
System Integration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 5, 2018
Micron provided me with the best opportunities for learning, developing management skills. Including helping with educational assistance. Micron was also a pleasant place to work and not only allow you to help the company, but also help yourself in many aspects of human growth Best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Clean, professional, excellent opportunities
Cons
Can't think of any, other than the cyclical nature of the business although it seems to be stabilizing.
Great team, poor management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 3, 2018
Blessed to have worked with some of the most intelligent, supportive, intuitive, and helpful people in the industry for over 17 years. Company supported continuing education, but unfortunately career placement or opportunities for advancement were very undermanaged. Work was fast-paced and challenging, but that's what drives the "doers". Losing a lot of great people due to manufacturing transfers to Asia.
Pros
People, culture, benefits
Cons
Opportunities, career advancement, layoffs
fast paced, stressful
New Project Coordinator/ Post Electrical Lead (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 2, 2018
good pay and advancement if you are a hard worker, but you will continue to be pushed until you are burned out. not ideal place for someone with family bc you will never see them.
Pros
free holiday meals
Cons
everything else
Great place to work.
RMA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 1, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Micron for the last 18yrs. I have no Idea what else to say about a company that I enjoyed working for. The Management has always been far.
Your Job Satisfaction Depends on Your Department
TEST ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 25, 2018
Micron can be a good place to work for if you get into the right job. For such a large company too much of your advancement and compensation depends on who your manager is and your department.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
often too much work for too few people
Micron is a good company to work for
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 16, 2018
I like my job in Micron and people work around me but this company is moving to Taiwan so I have to find a new job. I learned many things since I had worked there: Running many kind of technology machines, technology chips. Inspected products for defects, quality. Handle machines and chemicals, set up and verified equipments
Pros
Free lunch
Micron has very demanding expectations
SEMICONDUCTOR PROCESS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 15, 2018
Micron has very demanding expectations. They place an unreasonable burden on employees by consistently leaving the staff with less people than it requires to complete the work. While offering training courses, no one has the time to take them. On the job training is inconsistent and poorly coordinated.
Good place to work.
Equipment Support Sr, Supervisor - Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 12, 2018
Good place to work with good people. We worked on rotating shifts and are busy constantly. The management is caring and supportive of the people that work there.
Micron was a great place to work, I worked in the SSD Dept. while they developed an SSD program.
Technical Customer Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 10, 2018
I was the first TCM hired by Micron to help develop their Customer Base and get product qualified by new OEM's to their SSD customer base. This was a great place to work while helping other departments learn how to get product qualified at major OEM's. This part of the business was being treated as a "Start Up" business within Micron Technology, I enjoyed this as it was a new experience for me to be in a start up environment.
Pros
SSD Development program.
Work can be stressful, but rewarding
Director of Strategic Planning (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 6, 2018
This is a company where every role counts and every person understands their impact to the bottom line. There are many positions where leadership through influence across multiple organizations is required.
Management wants to be kept abreast of progress toward strategic and tactical goals on a constant basis. Both high level and granular detail level communication capability is required.
The people at Micron all want to succeed. While there are always more initiatives than resources, the leadership does a good job of setting or supporting recommended priorities.
Pros
Rewards and compensation are relevant to the role
Good solid Company
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 2, 2018
I enjoyed working for Micron. It was a professional environment and great place to work. They hire many positions from within as you grow and are ready for more and new responsibilities.
Pros
Flexible with life, professional team environment.
Cons
The communication between departments could be better.
Ok to work
Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 27, 2018
This is a company ok to work for. They used to require badge in and badge out, now they don't require badge out. New CEO promoted many Indians people.
Great Company
probe engineer (Former Employee) –  boise, idAugust 23, 2018
A truly a delight to work for such an organization at has weathered the years of competition from such challenging market place. A truly an honorable and a delight to work.
Excellent place to work at
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRAugust 21, 2018
Excellent company with excellent benefits
Teamwork oriented
Employee focus
Well balanced
Excellent opportunities for advancement
Excellent business culture and environment
Interesting place to work!
Corporate Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 21, 2018
Landed at Micron after from an acquisition. Integration was slow and current employees were not very welcoming. Communication styles were very different. Overall was an OK experience.
Fast paced and great pay
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 18, 2018
Micron is a great place to work. It is fast paced and very hands on. You get to work with some of the brightest individuals around. The pay is good, and benefits are great. Having 3-4 day work weeks is a plus.
Pros
3 to 4 days a week
Micron, in Boise, is a shadow of what it once was
Equipment Support Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 17, 2018
When I started at Micron in 1997, that was the place to be. It was fast paced and busy, with good pay and benefits. I'm sure the shareholders are making good money now but it's no longer a good place for employment unless that's all you can get. There is the constant fear of another layoff consistently looming over your head.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Still has a log of "good ole boys" from the previous century, No room for advancement for lower level employees, Constant fear of layoffs.
Micron life
Metrology Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 16, 2018
Micron is a good company for the area. They pay well and have a good paid time off program. They have good management in most areas and work with personal schedules well. They pay for going back to college if industry related and you maintain a passing grade of C or better. All in a not a bad company to work for but limited growth if you don't have a BS degree.
Pros
Good paid time off
Cons
health insurance does not cover a lot of things other companies do, Most job advancements need a BS degree.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micron Technology, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

3.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight