Micron Technology

United States903 reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 307 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,126 reviews

Productive and challenging place to work. Excellent staff!!

Micron has a very good overall compensation package. The greatest part of working at MICRON was the people and the challenging work. The compressed workweek allows for 4 days off a week to spend time with your family.

Pros

2 bonuses a year, compressed workweek results in 3 and 4 day weekends.

Cons

12 hour shifts

Great team members but lower comp compared to industry

my team is great but living in Boise is not exciting and the comp is lower compared to other firms for the same role. Work life balance is good but not much impactful work

Micron Technology insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Overworked & Understaffed Rat Race

The people I worked with were fantastic & very smart, corporate runs you into the ground with a constant self-improvement culture that makes you feel obliged to say yes to a 10pm meeting.During the pandemic, while investors & executives were cashing in over 80% on stock, they implemented a policy of "Promotions Without Pay Raises"-- morally irreprhensible to have big wigs making thousands on stock returns, but yet the manufaturing workers have to give up a 5-10K pay raise in order to 'protect company costs'.

Good pay

Micron is about driving their people hard to meet difficult timelines and this can result in a lopsided work/life balance at times. They pay you well for the trouble.

Pros

Good compensation

Cons

Work/life balance

Left the company with many valuable job skills

Worked for them for 21 years and then was laid off due to my department being sent to Taiwan. Overall I enjoyed my years at Micron and made some great friends and developed many great job skills and learned 8 different processes and machines. The 12 hour shifts and some of the managers and leaders of the company where starting to burn me out towards the end of my time there. But Micron overall was a good company to work for and i also had some great supervisors.

Pros

Benefits, some great co-workers and supervisors, opportunities to advance in the company.

Cons

12 hour shifts, quite a few in upper management viewed the workers as easily replaceable.

Decent place to work

Working here was better than most jobs I've had. It does have it's ups and downs but overall a great place to work. I can't say I have much complains.

Pros

Free lunch good breaks and lunch

Software Engineer

Review varies based on different teams.Work life balance is good for my team. Management tries to outsource stuff to Low cost countries wherever possible.

A place that offers many perks, coffee shop, broad cafeteria, well intended people for the most part and good benefits.

A large company feel with politics intrenched wherever you step, less than forgiving and largely demanding in conformity. A place where you can learn much ..

Pros

Good perks, Starbucks shop, nice lunch offerings and strong benefits offered.

Cons

Political landmines are everywhere

The Good: room to grow into a careerThe Bad: Unrealistic expectations and poor work life balance

Micron management will encourage you to take your career where you want to go. But they will setup roadblocks in the form of unrealistic expectations, low headcount/poor support, pay raises that do not keep up with cost of living. At Micron, People is a core value, but management's lack of support for the teams shows that to be a poor lie. Work Life balance is quite poor. There is an unspoken expectation that an engineer needs to be on call and available to support project work at all hours. This leads to burnout and the current exodus from the company. In short, Micron is a good place to start your career, but don't put down roots. Plan to take your career to another company.

Pros

Free lunches, opportunities for career growth

Cons

Poor support and poor work life balance, Perennially low head count. Pay does not keep up with cost of living.

A backwater “tech” company

Micron likes to present itself as a tech company, but it’s really a shoestring operation hellbent on maximizing profits while spending as absolutely little as possible. Budgets are constantly cut, and your human capital (read: extra hours and stress) is expected to make up the difference and make the impossible possible. The benefits and compensation package are top-notch, which is a plus, and performance is well-rewarded.

Pro: Benefits Con: Management

They lie to your face. Can't be trusted. They make you think they care about you and your family but they don't. The entire executive leadership are a bunch of liberals and sheep!

Benefits

Cons

Decent pay, work is stressful

Decent pay, work is stressful . Good for fresh graduates but very stressful, may not be suitable for everyone in the long run. Overall not recommended for all.

Great company, great management, work life balance

It is one of the best companies I ever worked for. Management is great they work as mentor. Work life balance is easy with this company. Good compensation and good culture.

Pros

Nap room, gym, pray room, free coffee, good people, lots of activities to have fun, good management

Cons

Haven’t seen any

Great place for young ambition people with no large family commitments

Micron was a great place to work. I learned a great deal and developed from a young man fresh out of Trade School, to a seasoned Technician and Supervisor. I developed skills to use later in live when I left and started my own business. The pay was good and allowed me to save some money. The shift work can be demanding and stressful and is not family friendly when you rotate to night shifts. This job is great for a young person without a lot of family commitments.

Pros

Benefits, pay and advancements

Cons

Hours and shift work can strain family

Productive and fun.

Great job culture. I enjoyed my time at Micron. It was relaxed and everyone was understanding. It was not stressful and as long as you did your work no one bothered you.

Pros

Many days off.

Cons

Pay.

I do not suggest working here

Employees are not valued at all. There is very little management and they do not care about the employees. Most management has been fired, forced to quit, or replaced. The head of HR is not a nice person. No respect is shown.

Pros

Benefits are good

Cons

Management, lack of respect

Long hours, conflicting direction from management

Priorities constantly change and misdirection from leadership make it hard to execute against goals. Support of personal development is suggested but offer little time to actually focus in this area.

Pros

Benefits, RSUs

Cons

Expectation of work hours

High corporate environment

Compensation is lower than elsewhere in the Valley. Culture is non existent. Stacked ranking and the promotion ladder are extremely antiquated. Benefits are good and what you'd expect from a company of this size.

Awesome pay, good company, I'm only ok with my job.

Overall, Micron is a good company. They compensate well and have great benefits. US manufacturing operations continue to transfer overseas, which isn't great. If you are in a manufacturing supporting role, you can expect a lot of evening meetings and late nights. (This is also true for any role that needs to collaborate globally).HR is pushing for a better work life balance, which many can work out. There often is flexibility in your schedule if you do have to work late. But to really advance in the company you can expect to work 50-60 hours regularly. So I don't think the culture really supports a healthy work life balance, especially if you have a family.My direct management is pretty good. Coworkers are awesome! The company sometimes makes decisions that negativity impact employees, including occasional layoffs. I work often believing my department could be next, which is unsettling.Work here is demanding and stressful with high expectations. But you learn a lot and gain a lot of experience if you work hard. Burn out can happen if you aren't careful. Benefits and retention bonuses are awesome, but make it difficult to consider leaving for other opportunities. My friend calls that the "Golden Handcuffs".My job is OK. My role has changed over the past few years, and isn't as much of what it was when I applied for it. This is due to shifts in business needs, organization changes, and management changes. It no longer aligns with my career goals, but still giving me good experience until I find the right job and make a change.

Pros

Benefits, time off, paternal leave, pay, retention bonus

Cons

High stress, poor daily work life balance, frequent organization and management changes

Overall, a great place to work

I’ve worked for Micron for 25 years. The company rewards hard working individuals that are career focused. Micron is not a place to work if you’re looking for easy work, but the work is quite rewarding.

Pros

Pay, benefits, culture, advancement

Cons

Occasional layoffs

Good Place to work

I've only worked here a few years but the pay seems comparable to the cost of living from other places. The companies reaction to the recent covid issues have been better than most other places. Working with everyone to outfit home offices to sufficiently perform their duties. The free meals they are providing everyone that is still onsite is also very nice as I've saved quite a bit of money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micron Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss