Microsemi Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Decent but rather boring at times
Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 21, 2018
The position I fulfilled required large amounts of time sorting numerous stacks of paperwork that have long past their years. If one were to take on this job, be warned of a very menial task over a long period of time without much change to scenery or social interaction. The individuals who are present there offer a very nice change during break hours through conversation.
Pros
Bagels every Friday
Cons
Short breaks, one every 2-3 hours for 15-30 minutes
dynamic venture capital rather than a technical company
Chief System Architect/Product Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CANovember 28, 2017
dynamic work environment, teammates all over the world, the excellent jobs of the operation growth on the acquisitions, very challenge to integrate all resources together, no much organic growth
Test Operator (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA 92841October 12, 2017
Friend workplace, nice lunch room where everyone could have a cup of coffee before work. The company give the employees training every year. Several cultures in the company, the employees can learn or share to co-worker
I worked at the Foldom Ca plant for just over a year as an RF Test technician.
RF Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Low wages and a complete misrepresentation of what my job responsibilities would entail. I worked out of town 100 + miles for 10 weeks, because I was in training. Then as a single parent who had an agreement to work day shift , was transferred to night shift. On thier behalf,they did reemburse me for rental car fees, and child care cost. I was laid off as a result of having to attend to my 10 year old son on several occations. This is why I accepted the offer of employment though. To work dayshifit.
I really liked my co-workers. Managment support was lacking. Overall they had nice working enviroments, and very good security. And they are very friendly when laying one off. Thank God L3 was next door.
Pros
Good peers
Cons
Poor management.
Clean place to work
Engineering Technician - Aerospace (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 10, 2016
1) Typical day at work

2) I learned More ABOUT Troubleshooting in Switching Power Supply : 6000w FOR Boing.

3) Good Co-workers

4) Precision JOB

5) SEE HOW WORK!!!
Pros
start Early
ok place to work
Maintenace Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2016
I did like the fellow workers there but the working environment was very dirty and noisy at times. very nice HR staff helped me in many ways
Tester (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MANovember 1, 2016
Worked with employees in a teamwork environment on a day to day basis. Although the work was the same throughout, the days were enjoyable.
Decent Company
Customer Suppport (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 30, 2016
My experience here is is pretty good management is very nice the only bad thing here is there are no raises and severely understaffed my co workers are a great team
Great job security, until laid off.
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJune 3, 2016
A privilege to work with and build long term relationships some of the smartest people on the planet.

I loved the work that I did and the recognition I enjoyed.

Management changed many times. Finally did me in.
Pros
Free Starbucks grind to brew coffee!
Cons
Dreadful vending machines.
Beautiful office loated in Aliso Viejo
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAApril 15, 2016
Good company with good benefits and benefit options. Work life balance is up to you (you need to set boundaries). Employees are nice, long term, and hard working. Managers are fair, bad ones never last. Systems are up to date and the company is always making changes for the better. Always expanding.
Pros
Growth opportunity if you are motivated
Cons
Behind on 401(k) match, but at least they have a match
A total chaos with a crazy failed management
engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 8, 2016
This company is the worst place you can work for. People talk behind each other backs to cover their own behind. The management has hired a bunch of dysfunctional directors that are totally useless. They are very immature for their level of management. It really makes you wonder how they've possessed those titles. Some of these directors have been there for many years, and they're protected by the upper management, so it doesn't matter how badly they run the group, they won't be touched. You will also see some directors with no prior experience (Microsemi is their first company), and they don't know how to behave as a director. They're very unprofessional, and don't follow any rules, company etiquette, or policies, and it's only a matter of time before they get slapped with a lawsuit.
The level of expectation is completely ridiculous. You work 12 hours a day, and they're still complaining. There are no benefits for engineers in this company. Engineers get no stock options or RSUs, and there are no ESPP in this company. These benefits are available only to directors and above; basically to the useless part of the company. Every year engineers get 20 hours of pay as a bonus, yes 20 hours. That's not a typo.
Microsemi acquires different companies, but doesn't know how to integrate them, and top management looks like a deer in headlights. All they do is misuse their power, and waste company's money at a fast rate.
Pros
You get the chance to work 12 hours/day
Cons
Lousy health care plan, no incentives, no clear direction, nothing....
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 31, 2015
I worked with my team and everyday we looked for a job and completed it. If there was a hot job, we needed to do it first as a priority.
Be very Careful
NA (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 24, 2015
If you are not part of the "click" and like to be on the outside and never feel totally welcome, then this may be the right place for you.

Just remember, that you this company can be very hostel and talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Perception is that top management uses company funds as their own piggy bank and decisions are made for political reasons.

I would not want to work there.
Review
MBA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAAugust 10, 2015
Not at all a good company to work for.
People are in closed door environment and are not accessible.

Never felt that there could be a career at this company.
• Results-driven, skilled Production Manager focused on achieving success and increased productivity through improvements in operations, quality, safe
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 16, 2015
Qualified Production Manager with 10 years of manufacturing management experience, including cross-training and scheduling employees, ordering parts, record keeping and meeting all production deadlines
Pros
Bonus every year
Cons
Good benefits
Good team of engineers, horrible management from top down
Engineer (Former Employee) –  FTDJanuary 28, 2015
Managers are not fact/data-driven. Benefits are not good.
Stagnant company
FTD System Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Decent company but lacks growth and unable to keep employees.
Productive place to work with great team members
Corporate Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 18, 2014
Heavy workload and a quick paced environment. Lots of critical items with tight deadlines, but that's also the fun part.
The overall environment is relaxed, and most people in the organization are very helpful and friendly.
n/a
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INAugust 11, 2014
Interesting company to work for, Microsemi has a habit of buying small companies and bringing them into the Microsemi family.
Self-respecting Engineers should look elsewhere
Engineer (Former Employee) –  USAJune 11, 2014
"We made $26M on this project. But our investors will be happy if we make $28M. So, we are letting go of 15 Engineers. None of this has to do with your performance. We take good care of our investors, you see".
Pros
A few tireless Engineers
Cons
Management, Attitude towards employees, Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsemi. Our community is ready to answer.