Microsoft Employee Reviews

Fun Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time there.
The management is the best management I have ever came in contact with during my career history. I was and still am very honored to have been a part of such an amazing team.
Great place for Contractors
GTM Marketing Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2018
If you're looking to be a part of something big, to help drive innovation and work with smart people - Microsoft's the place! I've especially enjoyed my 5 years on the DX ISV GTM team where I've helped impact the business and revenue for Azure and SQL.
Pros
Smart, collaborative people
Cons
Reorgs
Great place to work, bad place to have a career
Senior Product Manager - CAL Suites (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 16, 2018
Microsoft provides an excellent environment to be able to enjoy your work and get involved in a number of diverse areas of the business.

It is, however, extremely protracted to get ahead and develop your career.
Position I held was one that I loved.
TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 16, 2018
I got the chance to work with all types of people every day. I learned how to manage large scale events from construction build up, event management and construction tear down. The travel was great and the team members I worked with were awesome.
Marketing Manager
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 16, 2018
Great job for those that need excellent pay and benefits. The group you work in and your manager really dictate what kind of an experience you will have here. Overall, great company. Just be aware of the team in which you are working.
Pros
Benefits, Discounts, Flexible work
Cons
Flexible work can lead to loss of work life balance
Currently a contracting near the end of 18 months
Project Manager, One Commercial partner (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 16, 2018
Great place for a contract position, I imagine it is a great place for an FTE role as well. Would like to find an FTE role within Microsoft. I have had a great experience with my MSFT manager and the team is very smart and great at what they do.
Great place to work if you have a good manager
Content Publishing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 16, 2018
I would not discourage anyone from going to work for Microsoft. Interesting work, great company and benefits. The quality of management varies greatly from office to office, but worth consideration.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Some senior managers are very poor
Director (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 16, 2018
Unlimited career advancement, great place to work, excellent benefits, exciting technology, interesting challenges, continuous growth, brand recognition
Fun workplace
Business Captain/ Business Expert (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2018
This is a very good company to work for. The manager will try his best to work with you as long as you come in and do your job. Benefits are awesome and if you're in school they offer to help with that.
Great Company to Work
Program Manager II (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 15, 2018
Great company to work and best company in the software.
Please work for Microsoft and it will be a great working experience and it will be great company.
P-SELLER (P-TSP (Current Employee) –  Lagos StateJanuary 15, 2018
Work life balance supported. Team mates awesome. Wonderful CEO. Great environment to learn and work and also socialize. Awesome place to retire. Would recommend anytime to anyone.
Stressful, always on environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Always on, direction of company and daily job challenging and changing all the time. Focus on the wrong things, everything is driven off of Azure, everything.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
working all the time, including weekends
Microsoft
Global Lead Partner Seller Program (interim) (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 15, 2018
Microsoft is a very heterogeneous organization. Some teams are great, some are not. It depends very much in which group you work. In general, Microsoft is still very Microsoft centric vs. customer-centric. There are a lot of "talkers" vs. "doers". Politics is still very present and it trumps results.
Pros
good benefits
Fast-paced with a great culture
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 14, 2018
It's an intense place to work, however, there are great things going on related to the transformation of the culture and dramatic changes to the business. It's a great place to work and a terrific learning environment.
A great place to work a few years ago...
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2018
I had worked for the company for almost 9 years. Over that time I saw many changes that were not "worker friendly". Unfortunately, it is a reality of todays workforce. As competition ramped up, benefits are cut and expectations and stress gets higher. Micro managing the business from several layers of management began to take over the job and it became harder to accomplish what needed to be done. More recently, restructuring and layoffs have made job security part of the additional concerns. As with any job, the job can only be as good as your direct manager. With the restructuring, the company has new and in some cases unqualified managers in role. It's more important that the manager meet PC criteria than putting the best candidate in place. This is probably not unique to Microsoft, but it was a great place to work at one time. I wouldn't say that today.
Pros
Although less in years past, compensation is still good.
Great place to work.
Product Advisor/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 13, 2018
Job culture was great. It attracted a high level of applicants resulting in an amazing staff which worked together well and formed a very cohesive team. The company cared for it's employees through many extracurricular activities and a very robust benefits program for employees.
Pros
Lots of free things and great benefits
Cons
Not much
Great benefits, exceptional new vision with Satya Nadella
Sr. Partner Development Manager, National (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 12, 2018
Professional and supportive work environment. Currently going through many changes as the vision of Satya and new management is realized which has destabilized the environment. I believe they will come out stronger in the end.
Changing Climate
Customer Advisor/ Community Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2018
Great place to get your foot in the door.
Opportunity to move into corporate.
Changing culture that thrives on sales and great customer service.
Community engagement is high in retail.
Community Development
Community Development and Events Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 12, 2018
The hardest part of the job was not being able to have access to your email at all times. It was an hourly role and Microsoft has a strict policy of working off the clock. This role should have been a salaried role. When you are planning events, you need to have access to those details in case there are questions when you are schedule off.
Pros
Free Soda
Cons
Free Soda
Was a good intern spot
Lab Test Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 11, 2018
Overall, I thought that my internship was a good experience getting myself through work life. It was a roller coaster at times going from fast paced to snails pace.
Pros
free drinks, people.
Cons
transportation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2