Microsoft

United States5,154 reviews

Found 5,154 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,830 reviews
technologysmartxboxmsftbalancecultureredmondteam

Great benefits

Great benefits package. Small team environment can be lead to no trajectory and awkward work environment. Long work days but rotation shifts 4x12s one week. 3 x12s the following week.

Good benefits, chill

Most chill software engineering job I've ever had. Flexible hours, WFH, not many urgent deadlines, easy oncall. Pay isn't as competitive as other places, but for the work...

Microsoft insights

Based on 2,049 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things

Fun workplace

Fun place to work. Work life balance is not good. I often had meetings until 10PM.Try to do as much of the provided training as possible.Do the official certifications.

Culture is great

Good culture benefits and great people to work with. Innovative leadership and opportunity to be your authentic self. Lots to learn and lots of info to grow your career.

Microsoft provides an excellent work-life balance that truly allows employees to thrive in both their professional and personal lives. The compensation structure, particularly the robust stock options, stands out as one of the best in the industry. Additionally, the company goes above and beyond to promote diversity and inclusion, fostering a respectful, inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed and valued. It's truly an environment where innovation is appreciated and employees are rewarded well for their contributions.

Awful work culture

harassment, bullying and favoritism is what you can expect from working here. managers will pick and choose who they want to give opportunities to. pay is not at all equal or fair.

Productive, progressive, growth. Plenty of opportunities. Company values it's employees. Surrounding areas are booming because of the company being nearby. Great for the local economy.

If you're lucky to find a good team, I think it could be great. In the long run, you'll stay for the pay and not for the quality of life.

What is the best part of working at the company?Salary and benefits are great.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Waiting for the inevitable layoffs. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The culture is great when you work with reasonable and respectful people who are experienced. However, it is impossible to avoid those who are arrogant and aggressive or not great at what they do. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Email, meetings, email, meetings, wait for reply, meetings.

Best company I worked for

Working at Microsoft can be challenging, but it’s also incredibly rewarding. A great company to work for is one that values its employees and offers competitive pay, a positive work culture, and opportunities for growth and development. It’s a place where you feel supported and encouraged to do your best work, and where you can have fun while doing it. With a focus on collaboration and innovation, this company is always pushing the boundaries and striving for excellence. If you’re looking for a fulfilling career in the IT sector, Microsoft this is the place to be.

Can be a nice place to work at but do not expect investment in personal development and the company has no culture

Haven't seen HR properly since I joined. No in-person trainings, no reviews on how employees feel, and no budget for offsites/teambuilding. Not much investment in personal development.

Pros

good managers but this depends on a team, no micromanagement

Cons

no free hot meals, basically no culture, HR does not care

Great place to work, just wish they had not closed their stores. Awesome benefits, good pay, great atmosphere. Wish they would put up retail stores again!

Worst 3 years of my life

What is the best part of working at the company?Brand recognition, remote work opportunitiesWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Politics, woke mentality, people hiding behind "growth mindset" cultureWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Terrible onboarding, managers can ruin your career within a single quarter, growth mindset is a joke.What is a typical day like for you at the company?back-to-back Teams calls, endless useless check-ins

Don’t work in sales here

I’m sure other parts of the organization are more stable and fun, however, in direct sales in success, it is a nightmare. Initially they were just hiring people to fill spots whether you were qualified or not because they needed sales people. They laid off many of us, changed our role several times in under a year and then raised the expectations with smaller teams. I’ve had to call the crisis hotline during work before because it’s stressing me out so much. I ended up taking leave to get myself right mentally because my hair was starting to fall out and look for another job. As soon as I came back, I was expected to perform like my colleagues, despite being out most of the year.Pick any other spot with a Microsoft. Don’t come to direct sales and success.

Pros

Benefits and some coworkers

Cons

Job security, work/life balance

Great environment

Had a great time learning the ins and outs of a conglomerate and was unfortunately let go due to restructuring. Would come back and work for them again in the future.

It's a company with good work life balance in various tech companies. Sometimes, there may be some office politics. But overall, it is a nice experience.

Not very good work enviornment

Experienced Graphic Designer with a challenging tenure at Microsoft, where I faced significant obstacles and experienced limited growth opportunities. Despite my expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications, the work environment failed to foster creativity and innovation. The company's rigid hierarchies and bureaucratic processes hindered collaboration and stifled my ability to fully utilize my skills. I found myself constrained by strict brand guidelines and limited creative freedom, resulting in designs that lacked impact and originality. Moreover, the workload was often overwhelming, with unrealistic deadlines that compromised the quality of my work. Communication breakdowns and a lack of support from management further exacerbated the difficulties. Although I remained committed to delivering satisfactory results, the overall experience highlighted the importance of a more conducive and empowering work environment for professional growth and creative fulfillment.

Microsoft is fun to work with,...they have good salary and great relationship with workers

I rate working with Microsoft 4 star because it really elevated my working skills and you know there's a lot of competition working with a prestige company like Microsoft

Pros

Free lunches, exposure to more opportunities

Cons

Short breaks

Very Difficult Culture

Micro Soft is incredible. but I need a Challenge. Boring. Everyday seems like too manu analyst meetings. too much time off. too much arrogance. too much insecurity. too much bad Bill Gates Haircuts. too much casual dress and smelly IT arrogant over educated dumb people. Nothing!! Nothing ever works!!!hardest part of the job is working with tech AI analyst. most enjoyable part of job is terminating employment.

Very stressfull

Working as a support engineer for Azure Networking is really stressful. It feels like you are always handling the next SEV A, and all the customers are always in stress, which accumulates in the amount of pressure you need to handle.Company culture and resources is very good, but you can barely take advantage of it.

Great co-workers. Lots of great projects. Never a dull moment. Great work/life balance and ability to take time off. Have been treated very well by all my managers.

CE Technician

In my professional experience, I have encountered challenging work environments, and unfortunately, the one I am referring to falls under the category of being exceptionally toxic. The management team at this organization has proven to be the most difficult group of individuals I have ever had to engage with throughout my career. Consequently, I would strongly discourage anyone from considering employment in the role of a CE Technician at this particular establishment. In fact, based on my personal observations, this workplace undeniably stands out as the epitome of what could be regarded as the worst job one could have.

Pros

Benefits are good

Cons

Management is toxic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

58%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

66%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss