Microsoft Employee Reviews

41.6K
Found 2,987 reviews matching the search See all 4,586 reviews
Nice place to work
Program Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 22, 2018
I had the opportunity to learn new things. Work pressure is definetely on the higher side. Expectations are also too high. Lot of opportunities for challenging projects.
Store Manager - Shops at North Bridge (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits, great pay, awesome culture and the feeling you are making an impact on the world. Could not recommend working there more!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Work Obsessed Culture
Fun and productive environment
Point Of Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2018
You spend a lot of one on one time with customers building a good relationship with them. Clean and friendly environment. Excellent relationship with coworkers and management.
Love this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2018
The best place to work. I cant say enough good things about this place! The environment, leadership and programs they offer! They are simply the best and everyone should run their stores like Microsoft
Cons
Worst place I have ever worked for
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 19, 2018
just bad over all, management are not technical, technicians don't know how to interact with other, it all competition all the time. The only good thing was that there is not dress code
Creative and collaborative work culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXJuly 18, 2018
Internship was amazing. Gain real-world experience in a creative and refreshing way. Work seem more like fun! Learn many new skills and was able to provide important feedback to improve future internship programs.
Pros
Raffles, Stipends and Free Gear!
Review Summary
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 18, 2018
Microsoft was a pleasant company to work at with very friendly employees. Although, this was a short term position for me it was still a place where I felt included and welcomed.
Great place to work with amazing benefits
Finance MBA Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 17, 2018
Excellent place to work. Lots of perks, great benefits including 50% retirement match for 401k. Good food, great leadership. Only downside is not a lot of training in Finance org
Learned a lot in the technology industry
Senior Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 17, 2018
I managed an accounting group that ensured GAAP reporting for the company. As such, I was involved in all aspects of most of the company's business lines. I learned a lot and enjoyed working with other managers in HQ. The company provides vast opportunities for advancement,
Pros
Lots of learning and fantastic benefits
Cons
Lots of turf wars that no one can avoid
Workplace culture built around self promotion of achievements
Productivity Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJuly 16, 2018
- Days were either spent in the office, visiting customers or holding customer conferences in the Microsoft offices.
- most enjoyable part of the job was visiting and meeting customers
Great people, great company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 15, 2018
Typical day: lots of email
What I learned: honing my skills in all of Microsoft's software
Management: my manager was excellent and supportive yet firm
Workplace Culture: acceptance; besides doing your job, you are to contribute to the success of others and further build on current technology.
Very good benefits, very hard working and talented colleagues.
Escalation Engineer: O365 Compliance & eDiscovery (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJuly 14, 2018
Very good benefits (401K with above average matching, vacation, health insurance, sick leave, and many others) , very hard working and talented colleagues and management.
Nice company with solid benefts
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 14, 2018
Microsoft provided a great opportunity to grow and expand my career. Training is available in class and on demand, benefits are some of the best in the industry and compensation is solid. They are changing their business and shifting to a much younger workforce.
Pros
Wages, Benefits, opportunities
Cons
Frequent re-orgs, bureaucracy and meeting driven.
Great company with a lot of pluses
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 12, 2018
The company is great to work for. Lots of opportunities for different fields and technologies. Most teams respect work life balance. Management is hit or miss on quality. Career trajectory is highly dependent on team, some promoting faster than others.
fun company to work for
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 12, 2018
very fun to work for if you are into video games and computers or anything related to IT, you learn a ton of things that you use on a daily basis even if your everyday life. managers however play favorites A LOT and they only promote the people who they like, it does not matter what you bring to the table, if your manager does not like you personally, you will never get anywhere
Pros
long lunch hours which is nice and you can relax for more than just a measly 30 min, you play video games a lot on your job to promote products and services
Cons
managers play favorites HEAVILY
Fast paced environment
Principal Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2018
The company runs at a fast pace, not always able to think strategically. Management can be very good or very bad. As a sales organization, they focus primarily on IT, and have a hard time getting outside of that box.
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Too busy cutting wood to sharpen the axe
Lot to learn
ABAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 12, 2018
I learn many things here.

Work was overwhelming but we got used to it. Their land case is challenging and they have one of the heavily customized solutions I have seen.

Everything depends on your team.
Microsoft in a Nutshell
Process/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 12, 2018
I worked with Microsoft Global Security. My Leadership team was superb! They worked very well with my transportation situation. And the benefits are great!

I do wish that the department as a whole wouldn't be so biased toward individuals without degrees. My team wanted me to stay on, and needed me, however they did not have it in the budget this year.
Pros
Great Teams, Benefits, Transportation
Cons
Degree Bias, Long Commute
Cool Place
Student Technical Support Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 11, 2018
Good Company to work for, Bill Gates is top dawg! To be a Apple fan and see how microsoft is competing in the market is truly inspiring as a marketing expert
Great Company to Work For
Global Partner Channel Marketing Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2018
I spent 16+ years with the company and was able to hold a variety of roles at corporate and in the field. Loved the passion and energy of the people and the roles were challenging too.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule, People, Culture and Pay
Cons
Promotion advancement to Director is very difficult to achieve. Expect to stay at level a long time.