Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

United States4,877 reviews

Found 4,877 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,427 reviews
technologysmartxboxmsftbalancecultureredmondteam

Good company to build your career

Good management Good salary Learn Build career path enjoyable environment Fun work Good culture New and update equipment Good benefit Overall good company

Good pay

I am paid well, supported by my manager to learn and grow. Vast internal opportunities.Support is support so you can be at the bottom of the rung for orgs.

Microsoft insights

Based on 1,829 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things

It was okay

I worked from home and it felt like I wasn't getting help from anyone even after asking multiple times. I ended up leaving because it felt like a dead end job.

Nice place to work.

Nice place to work. Must have company on your portfolio if u want to grow. I have always dreamed about working here. Finally I get a chance to work here and prove myself

Good

Cons

Microsoft is a great company with great opportunities.

Microsoft is a great company to work for, they are flexible and they try to keep their employees happy. It can be a fun but sometimes stressful environment.They also have great management and they help their employees through continued education. I think over it is a great place to work.

Great working area

The work is quite challenging and fast-paced, and the company perks and resources are exceptional. Feeling of personal appreciation, Time and location flexibility, Ability to learn new things.

Pros

Cons

Balance

Good Pay, Great Benefits

Overall, I am satisfied with the company although there are too many layers of management! The micro-managing is absurd and I am not empowered to think outside the box… policies and procedures are very stringent!

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Good Pay, Great Benefits

Was ok

It was a temp experience they fired everyone and moved production. Pay was ok. Hours where ok. Best part was the people. They provided peza every Friday.

Great opportunity for growth

I worked on a great team that progressed my skillset as a data scientist. The process to learn involved many instances of programming with other interns and it was a great experience.

Cloud Division has a Toxic Culture that Inhibits Innovation and Teamwork

The work is very challenging and fast-paced, and the company perks and resources are exceptional. However, within the Cloud division, specifically CO+I, who build, design, and operate datacenters, the culture is toxic. Bullying by senior level managers is known to occur and is tolerated at all levels of management. There is a public-shaming culture for anything that goes wrong, and, due to that, a strong "not my job" mentality that significantly impacts teamwork. There are some brilliant, great people, but egos and strict adherence to outdated processes inhibit long term growth.

Outstanding Place to Work

Pay, benefits, and culture are outstanding. Lots of smart people to work with and the CEO is one of the best around. It seems to have a great reputation with most people you meet outside of work.

Cool place if you’re into sales

Don’t mind having an eye on you on every interaction you have to make sure you upsell, then sign up here lol may be different now since there’s no more stores.

A good role out of college

I enjoyed my experience overall. I joined after college and i think that was right move for me to make. ultimately was not happy so i left without a job lined up.

If you are driven to succeed, prepare for success

17 years at Microsoft was fulfilling both professionally and personally. There were always opportunities to increase my value to Microsoft and Microsoft was always ready to provide broader scope with tools to aid in achieving new responsibility.

Pros

Plenty of mind-bending challenges.

Cons

Prepare for every day, expect challenges

Productive and fun workplace

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Microsoft. The benefits were great and the atmosphere was homely. I worked for several locations and me extraordinarily people.

Good work life balance in the expense of low total compensation for technical folks

The company is a great place for junior engineers, scientists, and Project managers, where they can learn how big IT companies work and use cloud technology to create value. HOWEVER, Microsoft sucks for senior engineers and scientists who want to grow in their field and receive fair total compensation. The salary of senior engineers or scientists at Microsoft is at best 35-55% less than the FAANG companies. If you want to be compensated fairly for your experience, consider other big IT companies. Also, dont be surprised if you see a peer with a 2-3 years of experience old has a title of Senior/Principal at Microsoft (there are less experience engineers who receives promotion to senior band much earlier in their career (MSFT wants to keep the junior as they know the "real" senior technical folks are going to get expensive and the top engineer would eventually go to FAANG for higher /more fair total compensation package.

Their salaries are higher comparatively

Their salaries are high compared to other software companies except for Google.Promotion rates have been typically low for women.HR and upper management is not very organized and effective about severance payments.

Getting too woke

Like most tech companies, it's become less about working together as people and more about capitulating to the woke mindset. Training, DEI, and non-stop emails about how bad things are.

Great culture and environment, but reality is not ideal

In support area, it has really high turnover rate. In 6 months, 5 new people joined and 5 new and senior left. It is really demanding, there is permanent shortage and really stressful. People who left support felt are happy for their change.

Great work/life balance, great pay, interesting work

the name Microsoft speaks for itself but it’s a great company to work for. The work is interesting, the people are brilliant and there is opportunities to work on a lot of different technologies. My team and manager is amazing, but there are some teams that are a bit different.

Pros

Benefits, pay, work/ life balance, having Microsoft on your resume

Cons

Wish manager was more more transparent

its okay

The company is unmistakably amazing, it has outstanding values, great benefits, and an overall culture that makes you feel part of the family, you learn all the time and it has an amazing diversity and inclusion spirit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Microsoft.
Powered byComparably

Compare Microsoft with

• Microsoft
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?