Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Showing all 7,521 reviews
technologysmartxboxmsftbalancecultureredmondteam

Good company to build your career

Good management Good salary Learn Build career path enjoyable environment Fun work Good culture New and update equipment Good benefit Overall good company

Productive and Fun place

I really enjoy working at microsoft. it's the best place in the world to work at. the people are super smart and i'm totally not just saying this to meet the wordcount

Microsoft insights

Based on 1,907 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Contract work is not worth it here for the money but job was easy

I worked as a contractor for MSFT and was grossly underpaid. Job was very easy and flexible. Job was kind of boring. No opportunity to get out of contract work.

Great Place to Work

ProsGreat CultureGreat minds at workBoth way cabFree foodOther benefitsConsRecently, Microsoft has fall into same category like other employers, they have hired new employees with greater salary than the existing employees.

Productive and Fun Workplace

Best Managers are present at Microsoft. Work-like balance is good, it is very competitive inside here.Everyone is supportive and a workaholic. And ya, the Food is very good :)

Pros

Bonus, Free Food and Supportive managers.

Cons

Nothing Much just sometimes long hours.

Excellent Culture

Excellent company and good learning opportunities. Work is challenging, new opportunties, create own career path,Salary might be a bit less than equivalents.

Pros

Culture, Challenges, Learnings

Cons

Salary

Productive fun

fun envirment to work in and they had a lot of gerat perks such as food for everyone and had a lot of drinks for people, everyone was very nice and i liked the managment

Mediocre pay, but overall good place to work

Base salary is okay, but stocks are really minimal compared to other tech companies. Often you'll find your self out of things to work on and you need to really push hard with your manager to get visibility and subsequently promotion

Good pay

The work is very comfortable. I learned about team communication and social skills. The management cares for employees. Hardest part is learning. Enjoyable part is that I actually do not work here idiots.

Diverse and Inclusive work environment that was all about collaboration

I very much enjoyed my time at Microsoft. The team was terrific; the leadership cared about you, and the work was challenging. I would recommend anyone to join the great company.

Good company Great perks

Good company Great perks They care about employees. We get 200 food vouchers every day and free transport for office. There are also many medical benefits m

Productive and Fun Place

I work as a product manager in Microsoft, the design and architecture of the IT products could make you learn a lot. The working environment is great with plenty of nice foo d and snacks.

Avoid azure!!!

Pros:- great benefits and competitive comp- free lunch on campus- lots of facilities on campus tooCons:- poor WLB- boring work with lots of on-call- devs depend on other internal services which are always broken

Contractor

Learned how to test software as a contractor in an ever growing world of professional software development and professional software testers and engineers.

I have worked for Microsoft multiple occasions as an FTae and contractor. All of the experiences have been positive. The culture is something that I really appreciate. You will find that there is always people who want to support you or give you great advice. They are focused on their employees to have a good balance between work and life. Professionally speaking, you'll find yourself understood and teams always welcome new ideas. Lots of resources and things you can learn. They are a great company focused on diversity and innovation.

I worked with HCA and I'm not really sure why indeed is showing Microsoft. I answered as if I were reviewing HCA. Working with HCA introduced me to a large blend of people that I would have never met had I stayed in El Paso before I moved to Dallas. It's a great environment to work in.

Pros

Advancement and you learn alot while in the hospitals.

Cons

Grinding work and long hours especially with an on call rotation.

Great work/life balance and great place to work

Microsoft, in my opinion, is one of the more relaxing companies to work at. However, there doesn't seem to be much growth for contractors unfortunately depending on your position and team. All the food is subsidized and not free as well.However, the people are great and the working environment is usually great as well.

Buen ambiente laboral

Buen ambiente laboral y equilibrio personal. Buenas prestaciones e instalaciónes de primera.

Pros

Todas las prestaciones de ley

Cons

Sin contras

Career Development

MSFT provides me an opportunity to learn new and exciting technologies, however, there is not a firm / clear career path for advancement. Given that MSFT is more of a products company, it still needs to mature its technology services organization.

Une entreprise dynamique et organisé dans son travail

Stressful

Not recommended for newbies. Environment is not relaxing. The salary is not equal to the workload. Compensation and other benifits are not justifiable to the amount of work being done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

58%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

66%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss