Micross Components Employee Reviews

Nothing,
Die inspector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 1, 2018
They are company until a new manager comes. Racist with hispanic employers. Reduced 30 mins a break for 23 mins. Too much work for the range. Too much stress
Pros
Cons
Short break
Great company to start a career in semiconductors
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, PAJanuary 30, 2018
Like me, I had zero experience in semiconductors prior to Micross. I was given an opportunity to start as a Technican. I quickly learned all processes and was given multiple advancement opportunities which I took. I was a Technician, Lead Technician and a Supervisor 4 times. I would have stayed at Micross if I did not have to relocate. Yes, at times it was stressful, but what job is not. The facility in Hatfield needs team building. There are great people there and the company can excel but the moral is low. Turnover is high in Management. The atmosphere in Hatfield needs to change. I made great friends during my 3 years of employment. I wish them the best of luck.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No team building
Run and hide
Production Control Planner III (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 14, 2017
Three bosses in less than three years...do the math. Typical short term chasing while ignoring long term results. Growth by acquisition only vs quality.
fun place to work
Facilities/Equipment Tech- HVAC PM (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2017
You get out of working here what you put into it. It's a great place to learn and grow, all one needs to do is inquire. I'm still very friendly with people who work there. Great Upper Management, and literally you can learn all kinds of things there. However, the company under went a lot of acquisitions while I was there. Great Family atmosphere not typical of a company that size.
Pros
great place to work.
Cons
the company kept being sold.
DON'T leave another company for Micross in Hatfield
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, PAAugust 3, 2017
If you have a job or other options you should PASS on any offer from Micross in Hatfield.

The site management rules by fear and turns over middle managers at an alarming rate. Salaried staff are driven out - working 60 hour weeks, with poor pay and no appreciation for their contribution. The morale across the board is low and the future for this site bleak under the current leader. Even the longer term employees are treated as disposable and get fired if they get hurt on the job or take off for sickness.

The medical plan is expensive. There is no profit sharing or bonus plan.
Pros
Cons
Bad Management
Micross Components is a computer chip company worth over 100 million dollars and has promise for a career
Production Supervisor - Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 21, 2015
The primary location for Micross Components is Orlando, Florida. There is opportunity for the person willing to work and live in Orlando. I worked at Austin Semiconductor until it was purchased Micross. They told us it was moving to Florida. At this point I started looking for a new job. Most of the time you can count on working about 45-55 hours a week. There were times when we worked longed to go home. The insurance was not the best but it was alright. You could do a lot worse than Micross.
Pros
The pros are the huge checks I would receive.
Cons
The cons were the mandatory overtime, birthdays, child in sports, things outside of work. Too bad.
Productive and a good job to lean and move foward.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 5, 2015
Is a good place to work. You learn to be very dependable and to improve your skills in what they teach you to do. In my case management were very good and flexible with you daily life. Co-workers are nice to be around but there's always drama around. The hard part is deal with different types of people in attitude wise. I loved my job there, that's why I enjoyable every daily task.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long time to get salary increase.
Busy and exciting work environment
PC Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2014
I enjoyed working there, even though I was held back from showing my full potential, (advancement was not an option).
The employees were always great to deal with, and I really enjoyed the problem solving involved with my job.
It was a busy, yet exciting work environment. But, due to budget cutbacks and being bought over by another company I was laid off.
Guess management, collaboration free, rumor filled environment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2014
Over compensated managers hold no accountability to their staff by not giving reviews or raises, or even simple praise. Workers never know where they stand on job performance. Over the last year 15% of the company was let go with a check mark that they are rehire-able but, let go to restructure the company, being called clogs that needing replacement (no respect). What does that mean? Weekly group or company quarterly meetings never happen. Layoffs of 25 year personnel given and made the individual to feel worthless.These individuals were the reason the company exists.Managers with no degree in either management or their field. Group managers do not do forecast budgets or keep up with the existing technology especially the test side, which always puts company in fire mode. To small of a company to allow/reward rumors. QA structure none existent, most everything is done with paper. IT infrastructure very dated and limping. Conflict of interests with senior staff having spouses holding positions (layoff and accountability proof). Projections for sales presumably cooked with most senior staff having their own $$ invested. Again Conflict. No culture to speak of. And if there is, it must be at a higher tier.

budget-less culture-less
Pros
Off street parking, adequate seating for personal
Cons
budget-less culture-less review-less, ..not a place for growth
Work you too hard with little pay.
Processing equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 16, 2013
No expectations for growth. They expect you to work harder each day. Without being compensated for it. Like my manager tells me all the time. If you don't like, you can leave. Thank god you still have a job.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no respect for employees
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, PAJanuary 1, 2013
Have to stay on top of dead lines and tasks set by management.
Pros
the staff is great to work with
Cons
short lunch break
Challanging and rewarding
QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJMarch 12, 2012
fast paced value added distributor with excellent standards