Microtel Inn & Suites Employee Reviews

Microtel Job Overview
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TX 78664September 21, 2018
Well, to start the company is run by a small group called Caerus Hospitality, and while we all love the mom and pop owned companies, this pad is far from that their President was fired for recklessly using company funds to host parties, and that trickled down into the investors pockets. So, as a company they are struggling to keep up with other hotels in the area that are better in quality, cleanliness, and overall appeal. Since, working there, I have only witnessed my manager show up for work on 6 different occasions.
Pros
Customers are always fun to meet, quiet little spot to work if your a college student
Cons
As a concierge your urged to do everything even go so far as to strip beds, fold laundry, put out breakfast sweep and mop, and vacuum the lobby plus every hallway as if they don't have housekeepers for that.
Bad management
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYSeptember 19, 2018
The manager expects you to have only a couple minutes for a break. You do not have time to eat or smoke (if you are a smoker). You are not paid for all of the hours you work. If you find a room with bed bugs, you are expected to put the room together, as normal, without proper treatment.
Cons
Breaks are less than 5 minutes.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PASeptember 11, 2018
This is a great place to work and I have enjoyed my time here. This hotel has become a home away from home for me. I have a great respect for the owner. He has taught me a lot during my time here and I will always be thankful for that.
Great job overall
Front Desk Agent/Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSSeptember 5, 2018
I love the environment. The job looks very easy but can be demanding and overbearing at times. If u have great customer service skills then this job would be a breeze.
Pros
No benefits
Cons
Great discounts
No future here
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Boss doesn't take you serious or the problems you bring to his attention serious the kitchen is a mess food is expired and you don't get pay raises because the boss doesn't feel like the job position should get paid more than 10 an hour. You'll start with 11 an hour than he'll cut your pay to 10 or even 9 without telling you. Another employee who has worked the for years had his pay cut on top of never getting his yearly raise that the company promised
One manager can completely ruin your employment experience.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, WVAugust 27, 2018
When I started things seemed okay. Could tell the GM was a very serious individual and not a people person at all, but we got along well enough. I worked the second shift; 3-11 at 40 hours per week, eventually. I petitioned over and over for night audit due to life changes, but was declined nearly everytime until the part-time auditor quit - then was forced to work it. 10 months in, I was put into a situation where management specifically told me NOT to give out keys to guests who hadn't paid their bill in over a week. Said guests cussed me out and abused me until I decided enough was enough; and that they would need to speak to the GM. I gave them his number at home - in hindsight not the best idea, but at that point I felt management needed to step in as my LIFE WAS BEING THREATENED. I came in after two days off to be unceremoniously fired IN FRONT OF HOUSEKEEPERS. You draw your own conclusion. I could've been written up for giving the number out, not fired. I had no disciplinary action on my record for the entirety of my tenure there.Manager is an absolute waste of life. Avoid at all costs if you don't want to be abused by management.
Cons
Manager is an idiot. Will not work with you on schedule.
Starter Job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 26, 2018
You have about 10 rooms to completely clean in a timely manner to make sure they are prepared for the next guest coming to stay.The pay is not the best but, it is a good starting job
Fast paced but unorganized and very short of staff.
Stocked room attendant carts (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAAugust 23, 2018
A very fun fast-paced job but have no benefits and they kept running out of supplies. Sometimes it was hard to get off at a certain time because I couldn’t finish my work until more laundry was washed or we had to borrow some from the hotel next door.
night auditor
Night Auditor / Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 22, 2018
i didn't work here very long, but it was enough for me to hospitality, and what it consists of, i enjoyed meeting /helping people, the hardest of my job was learning you cant make everyone happy, but try and do your best
limited hours
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAAugust 21, 2018
It's a good summer job, really intended for part time purpose. Due to small staffing expect to work all around in every positions during your shift. The owner that runs it is a great guy so it's hard to refuse on some assignments.
Pros
Discount on hotel rooms
Cons
part time
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tomah, WI 54660August 20, 2018
Co workers are easy to work with. Fast paced environment where attention to detail is required. Work is reviewed daily by supervisors to ensure quality.
fun place
clients, management (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 20, 2018
I love working there guest and empolyers are very nice very clean and very easy to get around not clutered very much a good place to be and work customer are very patience with everyone
Experience on the site.
Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAAugust 17, 2018
Well organized from start to finish. Coworkers were nice and willing to help. Hotel was great to work at. Managers were on site daily. Work given was equal and fair.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
pay was not great
Fun Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALAugust 16, 2018
I enjoyed being a housekeeeper at Microtel. It was a calm job with minimal customer interactions. Our Supervisor stepped in and helped where possible and the management and staff overall were relatively friendly.
Cons
You cannot make a living off of this type of job
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tuscumbia, ALAugust 16, 2018
Management needs to take a class on how to treat people that work for them. They also need the learn how to talk to their employees. Other than the management nice place.
ok workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 9, 2018
always short staffed but loved my supervisor, secure place to work
fast paced enjoyed working on my own, trained new hires in...clean environment for the most part
Great job security, great GM.
Night Auditor and Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 9, 2018
Microtel Inn & Suites is a great place to work at. Clean and friendly environment to work in. Great job security and great General Manager. I would definitely recommend anyone to work here.
exhausting and underpaid
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, NCAugust 8, 2018
Night shift was the only calm shift unless of A disruptive guest. First shift handles breakfast and running front desk. Alot of multitasking. Didn't really have management.
Pros
Laid Back for the most part.
Cons
underpaid, no gratitude
N/a
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAAugust 8, 2018
• Planned risk management reports weekly.
• Ensure all information received from supervisor is properly dispatched and confirmed.
• Planned and coordinated routes for transportation of equipment and personnel.
• Ensure that all required accountability reports are submitted to the command in an accurate and timely manner.
unorganized and not reliable
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 4, 2018
management is unreliable, only take pride in there family, don't care about your family. unorganized and show to much favoritism to there own kind, racist and very disrespectful to people of color.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no breaks, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microtel Inn & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight