Microtel Inn & Suites Employee Reviews

Fun place to grow
REVENUE MANAGER/HR MANAGER, OASIS MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Limon, CONovember 15, 2018
Microtel has given me the opportunity to grow my career and has offered great webinars and classes
I have been giving the opportunity to travel and work remotely
Pros
Fun, flexible, growth
Cons
not a lot of benefits
Good
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WINovember 8, 2018
I liked working at the hotel front desk the people I meet and helped throughout the night it was a well placed job overall had alot of friendly guest!
Pros
Everything if u like front dedk
Cons
Not enough hours
It was an extremely slow paced and mind numbing job.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Perry, GANovember 7, 2018
In order to work you have to be willing to be bullied and try to fit into a circle of people that have been working together since before time. It's a small hotel so it's a small staff and they have very little to do.
I loved my employment at microtel
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 29, 2018
This was honestly one of the best jobs i ever held. I loved working for microtel. They are a great company. The only reason I left this job is because i am a single mother of 4 children and the pay was just not enough for us to be able to make it.
Bipolar
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAOctober 26, 2018
Its a good job in general and by that I mean the work itself. The one I worked at was nothing but unnecessary drama and bickering nonstop. All rooms are different so some rooms take 15 minutes to clean and other can take about an hour and you're supposed to have an average of 26 minutes? Ridiculous. One time I got all double bedrooms and ALL were completely trashed and I got yelled at for it. They wonder why theres a high turnover rate? It's because the pay isnt worth the b.s.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Low pay, drama, not very many hours, don't get days off you ask for
Microtel
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTOctober 24, 2018
Work as auditor, alone at night, did not have any issues. Sometimes had problems getting products for breakfast area. Most of the time the biggest challenge was to stay awake. Was allowed to watch TV which was nice
Managment doesnt care about employees.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Martinsville, WVOctober 18, 2018
Managment throws you into the job with little to no training, they do not care about their employees or guests. Average time to clean a room is 45 minutes, they demanded it be done in 25 and fired who could not comply.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Managment, little to no training before the job
Excellent Career Choice
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, PAOctober 5, 2018
I worked for Microtel Inn and Suites for many years and not only gained excellent people skills but a great deal of business education as well. I was promoted 2 times while working for Microtel and gained even more experience. Meeting people, facing every day challenges, working with all departments as a unit really made working for Microtel the highlight of my career. Many folks came and went but gained the experience to then work at any hotel they chose! The General Manager is caring and kind and promotes a safe, fun, happy environment and it’s well worth anyone’s time.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, flexible hours, opens career doors
Cons
Call ins may be required
Stressful
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSOctober 4, 2018
This company was taken under new management. The new manager was horrible. Out of the entire workforce 90% have left for other opportunities due to the disrespect. The workplace culture was outstanding with the old manager and now that she is gone no one wants to come to work.
Cons
No benefits, no raises, hours suck
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAOctober 1, 2018
They staff is very kind. It was great getting to meet new people everyday. I would recommend this job to anyone who is a people person. Great boss and great guest.
Pros
stayed busy
Cons
Short breaks
Brand new propery
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNSeptember 29, 2018
When I became Manager of the Microtel Inn & Suites it was a brand new property; however, so was the Ownership. The Ownership was new to the hotel industry and didn't trust my Management and Leadership experience. I had booked many long term contracts and groups but unless the hotel was full, Ownership panicked.
Pros
New Property
Cons
Inexperienced Ownership
Microtel Job Overview
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TX 78664September 21, 2018
Well, to start the company is run by a small group called Caerus Hospitality, and while we all love the mom and pop owned companies, this pad is far from that their President was fired for recklessly using company funds to host parties, and that trickled down into the investors pockets. So, as a company they are struggling to keep up with other hotels in the area that are better in quality, cleanliness, and overall appeal. Since, working there, I have only witnessed my manager show up for work on 6 different occasions.
Pros
Customers are always fun to meet, quiet little spot to work if your a college student
Cons
As a concierge your urged to do everything even go so far as to strip beds, fold laundry, put out breakfast sweep and mop, and vacuum the lobby plus every hallway as if they don't have housekeepers for that.
Bad management
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYSeptember 19, 2018
The manager expects you to have only a couple minutes for a break. You do not have time to eat or smoke (if you are a smoker). You are not paid for all of the hours you work. If you find a room with bed bugs, you are expected to put the room together, as normal, without proper treatment.
Cons
Breaks are less than 5 minutes.
Great experience
GENRAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 18, 2018
Working for Microtel Inn & Suites was a great experience for me as a general manager because it was very important to me that all guest were pleased. Being on the other side of the counter made me realize how important this job can be. The workplace culture could be face paced at different times of the year; so you must make sure all departments were fully furnished with the best to offer our guest so they would keep coming back.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PASeptember 11, 2018
This is a great place to work and I have enjoyed my time here. This hotel has become a home away from home for me. I have a great respect for the owner. He has taught me a lot during my time here and I will always be thankful for that.
Great job overall
Front Desk Agent/Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSSeptember 5, 2018
I love the environment. The job looks very easy but can be demanding and overbearing at times. If u have great customer service skills then this job would be a breeze.
Pros
No benefits
Cons
Great discounts
No future here
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Boss doesn't take you serious or the problems you bring to his attention serious the kitchen is a mess food is expired and you don't get pay raises because the boss doesn't feel like the job position should get paid more than 10 an hour. You'll start with 11 an hour than he'll cut your pay to 10 or even 9 without telling you. Another employee who has worked the for years had his pay cut on top of never getting his yearly raise that the company promised
One manager can completely ruin your employment experience.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, WVAugust 27, 2018
When I started things seemed okay. Could tell the GM was a very serious individual and not a people person at all, but we got along well enough. I worked the second shift; 3-11 at 40 hours per week, eventually. I petitioned over and over for night audit due to life changes, but was declined nearly everytime until the part-time auditor quit - then was forced to work it. 10 months in, I was put into a situation where management specifically told me NOT to give out keys to guests who hadn't paid their bill in over a week. Said guests cussed me out and abused me until I decided enough was enough; and that they would need to speak to the GM. I gave them his number at home - in hindsight not the best idea, but at that point I felt management needed to step in as my LIFE WAS BEING THREATENED. I came in after two days off to be unceremoniously fired IN FRONT OF HOUSEKEEPERS. You draw your own conclusion. I could've been written up for giving the number out, not fired. I had no disciplinary action on my record for the entirety of my tenure there.Manager is an absolute waste of life. Avoid at all costs if you don't want to be abused by management.
Cons
Manager is an idiot. Will not work with you on schedule.
Starter Job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 26, 2018
You have about 10 rooms to completely clean in a timely manner to make sure they are prepared for the next guest coming to stay.The pay is not the best but, it is a good starting job
Fast paced but unorganized and very short of staff.
Stocked room attendant carts (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAAugust 23, 2018
A very fun fast-paced job but have no benefits and they kept running out of supplies. Sometimes it was hard to get off at a certain time because I couldn’t finish my work until more laundry was washed or we had to borrow some from the hotel next door.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microtel Inn & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight