Microtel Inn & Suites Employee Reviews

I don’t recommend
Microtel Inn housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bath, NYJanuary 14, 2019
I don’t recommend this place. As a guest or as an employee. The employees disrespect you like your nothing and then management is ridiculous. I didn’t know if I worked that day or not unless I called that morning. They play with you and it’s terrible
Good place to work if it has good management
Front Desk Manager/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Albertville, ALJanuary 14, 2019
Bad management will make or break your working experience at any hotel company! The pay isnt the best nor is there room for much advancement. Its a good place for steady income, just not much of it.
Pros
Meeting the wide variety of people
Cons
Short to no breaks. Low pay. No room for advancement. Bad management
Positive and fun place to work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 11, 2019
I loved working at the microtel it was a great job. The manager was a little off. I would love the hours and the pay. I had vacation pay and sick days here.
Pros
Vacation timr
Cons
No health care ect
Microtel
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 11, 2019
This job was a very good job to have. I made beds and cleaned up the rooms. Guests liked the interaction and I was very friendly and nice to everyone.
Very professional and long hours
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 8, 2019
Work starts at 9:00 am until finish which depends largely on the amount or rooms to be cleaned and the number of available housekeepers for that day. Management is great and work culture is professional. The hardest part of the job is when you have a lot of check-outs to get ready before check-in time . Most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Pros
professional environment and great co-workers
Cons
Working most week-ends and holidays
Very relaxed atmosphere
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJanuary 7, 2019
This was a very laid back position that allowed me to increase my customer service skills. Ran the front desk and got to promote our area attractions.
Relaxed Atmosphere
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALJanuary 2, 2019
Microtel Inn had a relaxed working atmosphere where everyone worked as a team. Pay wasn't great but the tasks were not stressful or complicated at all.
Pros
Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Fast pace, laid back
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVDecember 31, 2018
Show up to work get your schedule, strip the room down and start cleaning each room. Take a lunch break, then get right back to cleaning your rooms until you are done.
Pros
Discounts from other hotels
Cons
No benefits
Great introductory job into the hospitality industry
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2018
This particular hotel needed some improvements to both the building and the staff. Upon working there I noticed that the front desk manager lacked professionalism and the gm instead of addressing the situation tended to get rid of the people that challenged her. Once the front desk manager along with the gm were replaced things turned around and business picked up with more return guests.
Pros
proximity to my home
Cons
the gm and the front desk manager
Over worked
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 13, 2018
Manager is rude and talks to you wreckless. Don't get paid enough for the work load that's put on you!!! Manager has you doing extra things that aren't in your job description.
Dont care for this place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 11, 2018
Poor management poor staff lack of staff don't care for this place within recommended unless company undergoes new management will you recommend working here
Pros
Cons
Non apprciative
Bad Work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYDecember 10, 2018
Do not work here unless you NEED a job ASAP. The eight months I worked there were awful and eventually started to effect my mental health. Everyday I dreaded even pulling in the driveway. The supervisor and some of the other housekeepers would steal other housekeepers tips everyday and a lot of the guests were very nasty and hardly ever tipped. Overall my experience at microtel was awful worst job and most unprofessional supervisor I’ve ever had in my whole life and if you weren’t liked you’d be made awear of it I always got stuck with the most checkouts and always had to pick up everyone else’s slack. Very lucky enough to have found a better paying job with benifits and holidays off. Again unless you’re in desperate need of work don’t put yourself through it.
Pros
Cons
No holidays off no raises no tips hardly heavy stressful work load
As long as the team got things done we have a little fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILDecember 7, 2018
I'm a cleaner so I take my job foreal an the cleaning has to be done right or I'll go right behind one of me teams mates an clean the same thing they thought they got just me do it right or don't do it at all
Pros
30min lunch
Cons
15 min break round 11am
great communication with guests
Answer Customer Service Calls (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 5, 2018
Loved working there just to see the guest smile and making other people happy . Helping customers is not there first priority but always make your customers happy.
Work the desk and do the laundry.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GADecember 3, 2018
No one comes to work except you. Then you become the desk clerk,laundry person, and housekeeper. You receive no more pay but take care of the whole hotel. You will get a Thank-you and much he appreciates what you do for the hotel. The hours that day is 7:00 till
6;00 p.m.
A very fun and fast past work enviornment
MICROTEL WYNDAM HOTEL SUITES (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLNovember 28, 2018
My typical day at work was very challenging and fun. I learned to help with maitnence. Cover clerks and reservations. And help the gm with accounts recievable and setting up new direct bills with top companies in the area
Pros
Paid time and team lunches
Good with the bad
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 28, 2018
I loved working my job but i did not like the people i worked for. The owner was under the impression I was a horrible worker but I always came to work due to the fact the Manager (his nephew) used me as a scape goat for any thing that wasn't done correctly in the business. Due to that i had to threaten to quite to get a raise in pay after not having one in years and being insulted every time i asked.

But my guests and meeting so many people was the highlight to me. That was the only reason why i stayed for so long.
Pros
great guests, relaxed working environment
Cons
no benifets or advancement, your treated like your replacable
Fun place to grow
REVENUE MANAGER/HR MANAGER, OASIS MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Limon, CONovember 15, 2018
Microtel has given me the opportunity to grow my career and has offered great webinars and classes
I have been giving the opportunity to travel and work remotely
Pros
Fun, flexible, growth
Cons
not a lot of benefits
productive and fun work place
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IANovember 8, 2018
my typical day at work was relaxed and smooth
I've learned how to make an bed correctly
management was easy going
work place culture was stress free
i didn't do anything hard
the most enjoyable part of my job, was to see alot of friendly happy satisfied people
Good
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WINovember 8, 2018
I liked working at the hotel front desk the people I meet and helped throughout the night it was a well placed job overall had alot of friendly guest!
Pros
Everything if u like front dedk
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microtel Inn & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight