Mid-Columbia Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent Start
Western Region Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMay 3, 2018
I began my pharmacy career with this company and it was probably the best thing to happen to a young pharmacist. This company has a unique approach to patient care and education. With this, the employees are empowered to learn and achieve more, as well.
Pros
open discussion
Cons
pay rate
Terrible company culture
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMarch 14, 2018
The amount of miserable employees here is incredible.
Lack of professionalism amongst staff is common. Often times I didnt have the supplies I needed to do my job. Chairs were held together with duct tape. A course in company morale would go far.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible management, short notice change in shifts, lack of supplies, hospital is filthy
it was okay
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORFebruary 13, 2018
was pregnant and wasn't treated the best.
there were days when nothing i ever did was good enough. when going for dr apt. they had told me i needed to make them outside of work hours which was very hard seeing as though i worked for the hospital i was trying to make my appointment with
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Great workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORNovember 22, 2017
Great workplace. Fun fast paced environment. Worked in pediatrics for several nonstop doctors. Excellent office staff. Accurate documentation a must. Excellent computer skills a must.
Not a nice town to live in if you are not a native
Histology Technologist (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORAugust 5, 2017
Currently having job cuts - many administration issues. Lost fantastic Lab Manager when she retired. Very nice staff in Lab, good teamwork. Not great upper management (admin) no clarity of future focus.
Cons
Balancing budget on the backs of staff
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer Office/Clerical Volunteer (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORJuly 26, 2017
I volunteer not just to gain work experience but to be a help to them. I feel that they care about the patient and that patient centered care is the best kind of care.

If there were a job available to work as an employee I would definitely work for them.

I look forward to every week I go in and work in the volunteer office, volunteering is the best way to find out about a company and see if you would fit in with its culture.

It can also be a rewarding experience to be able to make someones day and be helpful in their time of need.
Planetree Values
Director of Quality and Performance Improvement (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORJune 30, 2017
Great people and new leadership. This is a beautiful area and fun place to live the community is small with lots of outdoor activity. The winters are not bad.
Epic environment
Business Office Director (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMay 21, 2017
Converted to Epic going on 2 years. Very fast paced. I am only leaving due to family purposes back in the Midwest. Nice place for active people to work and live .
Supportive and room for advancement!
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMay 6, 2017
I cannot say enough of about my time spent here. Although it was short lived, I given a great deal of training and support. I was offered the opportunity to take on more responsibility and move into other parts of the organization. They are all about life/work balance and it truly feel family oriented!
Pros
Culture and Opportunity
Cons
Small town, so if you prefer a bigger city, this won't be the place for you. However, if you do like a small town, it doesn't get any better.
Great work pace
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMarch 29, 2017
All the people I work with are great to work with. Everyone cares about one another and it feels like a second family. Some of the overall benefits that this facility provides to employees is great.
Great leadership and culture
CFO/VP Finance (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORSeptember 1, 2016
A great place to work. Strong leadership and culture. The leadership, directors, and staff are caring and hard-working.
Pros
Culture and caring staff
Added Group Exercise Instructor (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORDecember 23, 2015
It was a great place to begin my career but there was no advancement for me in my career. The people I worked with were great and I always loved coming to work, but the administration was always a pain.
see sheridan memorial
csptech2 (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORSeptember 27, 2015
small hospital, not very helpful staff, new manager trying to implement new and correct policies with out much help from long time staff
Flexible schedule
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORJune 3, 2015
I learned how to make copies and help out within the volunteering office. The most enjoyable part is the variety of different tasks I'm assigned to do on different days.
Pros
Flexible schedule, free lunches.
Cons
None.
Fast Paced and Friendly
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia Hills Family Medicine and Dr. AlimoFebruary 9, 2015
I would check in patients and get them ready to see the doctor. B/P, Weight, Height, Pulse, Temperature, and O2 stat. Then prepare to take labs, follow procedures set by the doctors.
Good company if you can get behind the politics
Office work (Former Employee) –  CampusJanuary 26, 2015
People who do well in political environments, or places where the letter of the law supersedes the heart of it would enjoy working here. Currently, MCMC is undergoing stringent cost-saving measures in hopes to become more attractive financially to prospective buyouts from a larger regional hospital.

The CEO was previously working in finance as the CFO, and is cutting costs wherever possible in order to make this Not-for-profit more "profitable" and also pay for a new 55 million-dollar wing that is slated to begin construction this year.

All upper management is LDS and as such it is a little churchy with dress codes and strict rules. This also makes it difficult for non LDS employees to advance.

The employee base is also 80% women, an interesting fact. As a man I enjoy working with women but it was difficult to endure the reverse sexism that plays a part in the political arena.

The Gorge has a repressed economy and as such, wages and raises are sparse. Several years during my employee-ship there we were denied COLA's, and a few years only token raises were given despite receiving very high marks in their "pay for performance" rewards based system.

The benefit package is fair, consists of 5 weeks paid vacation per year but no sick days, no paid holidays and required time off during Thanksgiving, Christmas week, and New Year's week. So more like 2 weeks with a furlow in winter. The healthcare package is ironically not very good and goes through a company called CoreSource (previously Healthscape). The insurance is fair if you stay in network but premiums are
  more... high for an employee-paid plan $50, and copays are not great $20/$40.

The culture is small town and if you like The Dalles then it's probably a great fit. I lived in a nearby town and commuted because The Dalles' lack of progressive politics, restaurants, entertainment, and overabundance of fast food, truck stops, and car dealerships made it a non-starter as far as places to live were concerned.
Pros
The People are very nice to work with
Cons
Healthcare not great, raises/advancement difficult, very conservative
Cma
CMA/Clinical Lab Assistant with Limited Xray (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORApril 16, 2014
Patient interaction, via phone and in person. Myself and my some of my coworkers are very much team players, which helps the flow of the clinics.
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
It is getting to feel like a mass production line instead of health care.
I Worked in the laundry department.
Linen Services Rep (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORFebruary 24, 2014
My day started at 5:30 a.m. and ended at 2:00 p.m. I worked in the laundry department. I mainly folded linens and delivered the lined to the various departments throughout the hospital.
Office Politics at its best.
child care attendant (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORFebruary 10, 2014
I find it hard to write something pleasant here! I have worked in retail stores that present themselves in a more professional and moral manner.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Office politics
Great Hospital
RRT RCP (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORNovember 12, 2013
I worked here on a per diem basis and enjoyed it. No complaints. Great staff and fairly busy workflow for a 50 bed hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid-Columbia Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight