Mid-Columbia Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very caring environment
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORFebruary 5, 2019
Great management and they care about making sure we had the ability to grow as an individual moving up in job position better suited for ones abilities.
Pros
Health and well-being for staff and clients was important
Cons
Short staffed at times
Busy workplace with plenty of learning and growth opportunities
Certified Laboratory Assistant Extern (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORDecember 6, 2018
MCMC graciously opened their doors to students for an extensive externship of 160 clinical hours in the Clinical Laboratory. We are mentored by well-seasoned Clinical Laboratory Technicians/Assistants, are able to learn new techniques, computer work with EPIC and hands-on experience in Phlebotomy and some lab work. They are willing to offer job positions at the end of the externship to those students who meet the qualifications necessary for the CLA position.
Pros
Extensive exposure to wide variety of clinical situations (inpatient, outpatient, clinics, Er, etc), benefits to employees, laid back work environment (but still professional)
Cons
Short lunch and breaks, unpredictable traffic flow (often can result in no breaks or late lunch), not much down time, early morning or late night shifts
Excellent Executive leadership shines all the way through
Director (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, OROctober 9, 2018
Work is busy, important and ever-changing, but the people and culture here are incredible. The executives are transparent, the HR team supportive. Promotions or moves for change are supported and growth is encouraged.
Pros
Support employees
Cons
Difficult processes
Fast paced
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORSeptember 30, 2018
Fast paced, competitive. Applicants should not apply if they need a set schedule or shift. Most employees are great to work with however as with any job there will always be difficulties.
Excellent Start
Western Region Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMay 3, 2018
I began my pharmacy career with this company and it was probably the best thing to happen to a young pharmacist. This company has a unique approach to patient care and education. With this, the employees are empowered to learn and achieve more, as well.
Pros
open discussion
Cons
pay rate
Terrible company culture
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMarch 14, 2018
The amount of miserable employees here is incredible.
Lack of professionalism amongst staff is common. Often times I didnt have the supplies I needed to do my job. Chairs were held together with duct tape. A course in company morale would go far.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible management, short notice change in shifts, lack of supplies, hospital is filthy
Busy Place to work
School Based Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMarch 1, 2018
I worked as the occupational therapist in the schools through MCMC. I was the first OT to work in the schools with MCMC holding the contract. I was a lot of work to set up the contract but I felt supported by supervisor and co-workers from other parts of MCMC. I worked 8 hour days that consisted of planning and implementing occupational therapy evaluations and treatments. I attended IEP meetings frequently. I enjoyed working with all the students and really enjoyed learning about school based OT through MCMC.
it was okay
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORFebruary 13, 2018
was pregnant and wasn't treated the best.
there were days when nothing i ever did was good enough. when going for dr apt. they had told me i needed to make them outside of work hours which was very hard seeing as though i worked for the hospital i was trying to make my appointment with
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Great workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORNovember 22, 2017
Great workplace. Fun fast paced environment. Worked in pediatrics for several nonstop doctors. Excellent office staff. Accurate documentation a must. Excellent computer skills a must.
Not a nice town to live in if you are not a native
Histology Technologist (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORAugust 5, 2017
Currently having job cuts - many administration issues. Lost fantastic Lab Manager when she retired. Very nice staff in Lab, good teamwork. Not great upper management (admin) no clarity of future focus.
Cons
Balancing budget on the backs of staff
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer Office/Clerical Volunteer (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORJuly 26, 2017
I volunteer not just to gain work experience but to be a help to them. I feel that they care about the patient and that patient centered care is the best kind of care.

If there were a job available to work as an employee I would definitely work for them.

I look forward to every week I go in and work in the volunteer office, volunteering is the best way to find out about a company and see if you would fit in with its culture.

It can also be a rewarding experience to be able to make someones day and be helpful in their time of need.
Planetree Values
Director of Quality and Performance Improvement (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORJune 30, 2017
Great people and new leadership. This is a beautiful area and fun place to live the community is small with lots of outdoor activity. The winters are not bad.
Epic environment
Business Office Director (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMay 21, 2017
Converted to Epic going on 2 years. Very fast paced. I am only leaving due to family purposes back in the Midwest. Nice place for active people to work and live .
Supportive and room for advancement!
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMay 6, 2017
I cannot say enough of about my time spent here. Although it was short lived, I given a great deal of training and support. I was offered the opportunity to take on more responsibility and move into other parts of the organization. They are all about life/work balance and it truly feel family oriented!
Pros
Culture and Opportunity
Cons
Small town, so if you prefer a bigger city, this won't be the place for you. However, if you do like a small town, it doesn't get any better.
Great work pace
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMarch 29, 2017
All the people I work with are great to work with. Everyone cares about one another and it feels like a second family. Some of the overall benefits that this facility provides to employees is great.
Great leadership and culture
CFO/VP Finance (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORSeptember 1, 2016
A great place to work. Strong leadership and culture. The leadership, directors, and staff are caring and hard-working.
Pros
Culture and caring staff
Added Group Exercise Instructor (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORDecember 23, 2015
It was a great place to begin my career but there was no advancement for me in my career. The people I worked with were great and I always loved coming to work, but the administration was always a pain.
see sheridan memorial
csptech2 (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORSeptember 27, 2015
small hospital, not very helpful staff, new manager trying to implement new and correct policies with out much help from long time staff
Flexible schedule
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORJune 3, 2015
I learned how to make copies and help out within the volunteering office. The most enjoyable part is the variety of different tasks I'm assigned to do on different days.
Pros
Flexible schedule, free lunches.
Cons
None.
Fast Paced and Friendly
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia Hills Family Medicine and Dr. AlimoFebruary 9, 2015
I would check in patients and get them ready to see the doctor. B/P, Weight, Height, Pulse, Temperature, and O2 stat. Then prepare to take labs, follow procedures set by the doctors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid-Columbia Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Mid-Columbia Medical Center Reviews by Location