Mid-Plains Center for Behavioral Healthcare logo
Mid-Plains Center for Behavioral Healthcare

Mid-Plains Center for Behavioral Healthcare Employee Reviews

Mid-Plains Center for Behavioral Healthcare insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun place to work

Loved this job...loved having the opportunity to learn new things and work in the area that I went to school for. Working with probation officers and law enforcement. Working with the juveniles and knowing that I got to help them and be a big part of their lives whether they accepted the help or not

Pros

Helping juveniles who might not have been given the chance other wise

Cons

Let go on short notice

I like the feeling of making a difference in someone's life. I really enjoyed my job.

The management does not work together. The management feeds into drama at work. The nurses are over worked. The benefits for the job are great, I liked the 12 hour shift with every other weekend off with 3 days. You get a personal day once every 3 months. I feel like they get mad if you make sure you get all of your personal days. Sometimes it is hard to get time off. They are short staffed with a high turn over rate.

Pros

Days get busy and are never the same.

Cons

You can not move up in the company. You are stuck with no advancements.

Official response from Mid-Plains Center for Behavioral Healthcare

June 7, 2021
Comment – June 7, 2021Thank you for your commitment and time served with Mid-Plains Center. The current nurse shortage is greatly impacting medical fields across the country. We are very fortunate to have an outstanding team of nurses and psychiatric technicians working in our Crisis Stabilization Unit who are passionate and dedicated to providing excellent consumer care through a team approach. All Mid-Plains Center employees are provided sick time starting with their first paycheck and are encouraged to schedule the use of a personal day each quarter. Vacation time is awarded upon the successful completion of a 6 month introductory period. A variety of advancement opportunities are available within the agency, with many current leadership members having progressed from entry level roles.

Psych Tech position

The Psych Tech position is fun and very rewarding. Helping people is the best and most satisfying part of the job. Being in recovery myself, it is like doing service work and getting paid for it.

Pros

12 hour shifts, great benefits, nice work schedule, and great coworkers.

Cons

Can get busy.

Rewarding and fun place to work

A typical day at work includes plenty of direct client interaction. The co-workers here are amazing-which all makes time spent here rewarding and fun. There is a good mix of fast and slow pace times throughout a shift. Shifts are 12 hours long-making the amount of days worked per week only 3-4. PTO, life insurance, and other benefits offered are nice. Management is supportive regarding personal and professional advancement opportunities. Company is accepting of hiring employees whom have past history of substance abuse/mental illness that are currently living a recovery lifestyle.

Pros

12 hour shifts (less days worked per week), rewarding and fun work, management accepting of hiring employees in recovery

Cons

If not wanting to work over 40 hours per week, two of 4 weeks per month you are required to work 48 hours. If you like getting overtime; however, this would be a pro

Dead end job.

Spare yourself the time and drama: apply elsewhere. This place is a dead end. Psych Techs are nothing more than a glamorized janitor with the responsibility of a CNA.

Pros

Cigarette breaks..maybe.

Cons

Can't afford the benefits.

You’ll leave this place feeling and knowing you make a difference daily

I love working at the Crisis Stabilization Unit. From my first day of employment to now, I have felt supported and appreciated by all levels of staff. The executive team provide positive guidance equally across staff. The medical providers are encouraging and provide education materials to the nurses regularly. The CSU team as a whole, from the assistant director, administrative assistant, nurses, medical providers, therapist, psych techs, and case manager/peer support show dedication and passion for the services we provide. I am able to joke and have fun with my work peers, but also know they have my back and will support me should any needs develop. It is an amazing feeling to be a part of such a well jelled team. My schedule is dependable and nursing staff can be counted on to help out with coverage when needed. Meals are taken during the shift, but ample opportunity is provided to take time to eat and colleagues often bring in various goodies to share within the nurse’s station. Mid-Plains Center offers a robust benefits package to full-time employees. It is rewarding to assist consumers in achieving their next step towards personal wellness, while working in a dynamic program with amazing colleagues is the icing on the cake.

Professional, dedicated, and supportive environment!

Mid-Plains Center provides its employees with an environment in which they can grow their professional skills while supporting community needs. I find great personal satisfaction and support within my role at the Crisis Stabilization Unit. During each shift I am given an opportunity to make a difference in the mental health and sobriety needs of the consumers we serve. I work side-by-side with a team of professional and dedicated staff. We operate as a united team working collaboratively in our efforts. Executive staff provide clear communication regarding job expectations, accolades for work well done, additional support during periods of high activity, and have always responded in a timely matter to needs (even after hours). It is a great feeling to know that my supervisors and colleagues support me on both a professional and personal level. The agency offers a great benefit package to full-time employees that includes reasonably priced healthcare options (the agency covers a large portion of the cost), dental, vision, , paid time off, a 403b retirement option, and student loan repayment programs for certain levels of licensure. Numerous veteran staff have grown and advanced their professional careers with Mid-Plains Center and I plan to do the same. I encourage you to apply to become a part of this great agency!

High turn over rate

No one is there longer than 1 year, if they make it one year it’s because they are kissing the bosses. Everyone is doing everything different. The HR will tell you one thing to get you hired such has hours, insurance and lunch break, then your hired with none of that. Cameras are watching you everywhere except the bathroom and your called on every single thing you did

Pros

Helping the patients/consumers.

Cons

The place.

Team oriented and client focused

Working for Mid-Plains Center for Behavioral Health Services Inc., is very fulfilling and enjoyable. This agency provides a great service to the population of Central Nebraska and surrounding areas, through many different services. It is rewarding to work with a team that helps other people and cares about a community. Mid-Plains Center for Behavior Health Services Inc. also truly cares about employees, which is shown in a variety of ways from acknowledging birthdays for each employee to the strenuous primary and supplemental healthcare benefits. It has been refreshing to be in work environment that is solutions focused and goal oriented across every program.

Fast Paced-Team work driven

I started this job right out of nursing school. I came in as a brand new nurse with little experience. Everyone in the CSU was super patient with me and helped me find my way. There isn’t one person on management that I feel I can’t sit down and have a conversation with. The job is face paced, but centered on team work. The nature of the job can be emotionally taxing at times so it’s good to know that the people you work with are there to help. The providers are understanding and great to work with! I truly enjoy working for Mid Plains!

Pros

Pay is competitive, benefits are great

Cons

No lunch break for nurses

Jobs at Mid-Plains Center for Behavioral Healthcare

See more jobs

I love my job

Personally its the best job I've ever had across the board. Very flexible and understanding of our lives outside of the workplace. Benefits are second to none. The people I work with are all awesome. They care about the work they are doing and about who they are doing it for. Its always explained by management why we are doing the things we do. Most importantly, to me, is that we are helping people that need help and that is very rewarding.

Horrible

This place especially upper management specifically the CEO could care less about the people they treat or the people that work there. Burn out and turn over is high!

Toxic work environment

Little to no training provided. You are expected to do the work of 2 to 3 different jobs. Extremely stressful environment. Management does not care how uncomfortable and stressed their employees are. Don't dare ask for help, you will be scolded and reprimanded like a child. Very misleading when you first start your position. Management puts on a great face that they are passionate about the work they do. They are in it for the money and the CEO will flat out say that.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Management very unprofessional

Flexible

They are very flexible with hours. They are normally good with taking time off for family related situations. The hardest management to please that I have ever worked for. Training is very minimal. Things change and they don’t tell you until you’ve done it wrong.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Management, pay

Feasible for the short term, questionable longevity

Aside from a one-time opportunity for a pay increase, there are limited options for forward progression or ways to move up with the company, regardless of time served or increases in professional licensure. Additionally, low referrals can put a strain on employees with no clear solutions, despite many hardworking and good-willed individuals in the organization.

Pros

Supportive coworkers, good starting pay

Cons

No opportunities to advance earnings or professionally grow

Excellent mental health services

I am a current employee who has worked for this company for almost a decade. The employees are dedicated, compassionate and we feel valued. We know our jobs make a difference in people's lives. The management team is focused and determined to make sure we are able to continue providing services to the people who need our help.

Pros

Clients, co workers, support of supervisors

Cons

Past employees saying negative things

Supported by administration, work as a team

I feel supported by my supervisor and the administrative team at MPC. Employees are valued members of a team. Everyone works together and there are not "gossip mills" in the office. I love coming to work every day.

Pros

Self-starting, independence, freedom in the work schedule, free training.

Cons

None.

Great atmosphere!

I started with Mid-Plains mid September, 2017 and the experience has been great! Everyone in Administration has been super helpful with guiding me through my job duties. If I have a question, the COO and CEO are there to answer them. The CEO is very passionate about the company and wanting the best for the employees. What I really love about this place is the accountability within your specific role. There are standards that must be met, and you are held accountable for that. The environment is positive and that is a big selling point for me. I have already been given an opportunity to take some additional external training, and the company is paying for me to go! I would recommend this as anyone's future employer. If you want to work at a place that will allow you to achieve your goals, this is the place for you!

Pros

Management Support, Positive Atmosphere, Diversity in your role, Benefits, Professional Growth, Training

Community Mental Health - Not Private Practice

Mid-Plains Center is a great non-profit community mental health practice, but it is not private practice. As a community mental health center, Mid-Plains Center is a great place to work and give back to the community. The agency provides top notch supervision across mental health, LADC, and medical fields. They have an in-house training program for obtaining educational credits for licensure and also support external training opportunities as well. MPC is a qualified site for student loan repayment up to $50,000. The CEO encourages and financially supports the pursuit of specialized areas of training and career interest for many staff members. There is flexibility of scheduling for clinical staff as long as minimal production expectations are met. Concurrent and collaborative documentation is utilized in sessions to enable the clinician to use documentation as a therapeutic tool for client accountability, while allowing the provider the ability to end the session with documentation completed. Clinical staff are able to enjoy the benefit of the 24 hour Crisis Stabilization/Detox Center for after hour client needs - eliminating the need for provider on-call hours. Salary and benefits are in-line with other community agencies, with clearly identifiable increases available in accordance with state licensure advancement. The CEO recognizes and rewards hard working staff through opportunities for increased wages, job advancement, and agency-wide recognition. There are also opportunities to contract or take on additional duties to earn extra pay if so desired. Clinical -

Pros

Student Loan Assistance, Educational Opportunities, In-House Supervision, Flexible Hours, and Benefits

Cons

Held Accountable to Standards of Care

Fast- paced, family friendly, great co workers and managment

I have been employed here for a little over a year. This is by far the most flexible scheduling, family friendly job I have ever had. I have been promoted several times by upper management based off of my job skills that have been developing since I started here. My co workers, supervisor and CEO are all willing to go above and beyond to help our clients and our community by giving the best standard of care. A typical day for me is working with minimal to no supervision. This allows me to problem solve, have confidence in my work and be able to work efficiently throughout the day. I enjoy the ability to make my own decisions and work at my own pace with reason.

Pros

Scheduling, family friendly, flexibilty, benefit package

Management values dedicated employees

I've been a licensed therapist with MPC for nearly 9 years and feel that I'm a valued part of a dynamic team. Management never fails to make sure their dedicated hard working employees feel valued. My coworkers are wonderful. I love having the opportunity to work and learn together with other therapists and medical professionals. Pay and benefits are in line with other agencies in the area. No complaints there! Flexible schedule and ample opportunity for professional growth and development in an agency that always strives for excellence. Proud of the difference we make for our community!!

Pros

Supportive management, benefits, coworkers, making a real difference!

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid-Plains Center for Behavioral Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Mid-Plains Center for Behavioral Healthcare Reviews by Location