Mid-Plains Community College Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Employee (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEMarch 11, 2018
Mid-Plains Community College is a great employer to work for. Management is understanding and works well with you to make sure you are meeting your job requirements. Benefits are excellent.
Excellent Place to Work!
Physical Resources Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJanuary 26, 2018
Loved working here and did so for over 18 years. Everyone who worked there I had daily contact with and they were great! Awesome supervisor and it was my second family!
Pros
Worked by myself & with others.
Cons
Not enough raises.
Temporary Library Associate
Temporary Student Employment (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NENovember 7, 2017
Excellent place to work. Family atmosphere in an academic environment. Management leads by example and is warm and friendly. Job was temporary, but would definitely work full time if possible.
Pros
Everythng
Cons
Temporary Job
Family Atmosphere
Student Activities Specialist (Current Employee) –  McCook, NEOctober 16, 2017
Because this college is all about the community college student, they work hard to create an environment that is welcoming and friendly. The people that work here, from the President down to the student workers that we have, are amazingly friendly, helpful, and always interested in what they are doing. Even at times where the tasks are hard and the days are long, the atmosphere is one that is extremely laid back and hard to leave. So often people enter this community and hate it, but after they leave, they cannot wait to come back. It is truly a family at MCC
collage
Janitor (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEOctober 12, 2017
the collage was always stressful for me. But when it came game days those were the days that were fun the people and players just made my job so fun. they would always put a smile on my face.
Administrative Assistant
Physical Resources Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJune 26, 2017
I worked for this college for over 18 years and my supervisor was so great and awesome to work with. If I needed anything for work or at home he was there for me and my family. I loved working here and hated to leave my job. I had a great relationship with everyone here on the 3 main campuses and the 4 extended campuses. This was my 2nd family.
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Exceptional service
student (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEOctober 26, 2016
I have loved the college all the teachers are fantastic and I look forward to finishing a degree there and get more credentials while being taught by a wonderful faculty
A good place to work
upholstery instructor (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NeSeptember 28, 2015
Productive and fun, always something new and made many friends. I learned that each individual in my class had to be taught and led in their level to do the best job possible. The management had changed personnel a few times and I had to get to know them and their ways of doing things, but over all they were supportive and good to work with. Many of my coworkers became like family and will always remain close to my heart. The most difficult part in my job was recruiting students as it wasn't part of my title but necessary to fill classes but all worked out well and I was always surrounded by so much creativity and talent.
Cons
pay wasn't very good and no bennefits
Good Job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEJuly 8, 2014
It is a great place to work, just a bad atmosphere in the office.
Pros
lenient, busy, kids
Cons
no breaks, other people bring problems to work
Mpcc
UPRR Program Manager (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEJuly 19, 2013
MPCC is a great place to work. The people there are just like family. The benefits are nice, time off, health ins, etc. but the pay is on the lower end of the scale when compared to other colleges. Overall it a wonderful employer.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Broken Bow, NEApril 11, 2013
Great place to work, rewarding to help students find a career path