Mid-State Consultants Employee Reviews

good place to learn
OSP Engineer (Former Employee) –  UtahNovember 7, 2017
Good company to get your feet wet in the telcom world but other than that not much else! I love the job itself but the company doesn't care about their emloyees.
Great Company with Lots of Perks
OSP Engineer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 15, 2017
Great company and employees all over the country, all willing to assist in any way to help each other.

I've traveled the county, working in multiple area offices as well as small field offices (including my vehicle). Even though work can sometimes be quite busy, the days are usually pretty relaxed. Yes you must perform your job, but at the same time flexibility is given to the employees. Take care of your work & responsibilities and the company will take care of you.

I started as an Inspector, I was put with someone experienced to show me the ropes, soon after I was "set free" to work on my own.
Doing the best I could and learning as I go, I decided to move into the Engineering group. Granted, this is a bit more stressful, the company still helped me in any way needed to learn, and they still help (this industry is always changing).

It's now been 15+ years, I'm still here, and I'm not leaving anytime soon.

They offer great pay, benefits & perks, treat you well and always have an open door policy for employees.

If you think you have what it takes and willing to learn, by all means, submit your resume and join the team.
Pros
Work Flexibility; Always Learning; Benefits; Family;
Cons
Possible work shortages in slow economy
Good place to learn
OSP Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nephi, UTFebruary 13, 2017
Good company to start out at. Have not spent any time at the office but the company tries to give you a family feeling by sending birthday gifts and Christmas bonuses!
Pros
Per diem
Cons
Not a lot of work in the winter
Terrible.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 22, 2016
The management here is awful. There is little to no effort to communicate with employees. No coaching on how you can improve. Also, terrible work environment.
Was a great place to work until work ran out
OSP Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIOctober 23, 2015
Really enjoyed the job and freedom to work unsupervised. Job market crashed and left most unemployed. I would return if the opportunity came.
Pros
Unsupervised work
Cons
unstable field
Get to meet and work with multiple clients
Field Engineer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 10, 2013
Perform daily construction inspections at different job sites. Provide daily red line log sheets and send to project manager/area manager via emails. Constant phone conversations with construction workers, clients, project manager and area manager. Daily email updates from each projects via emails.
To work independently with minimum to no supervision. As a field engineer I had the opportunity and experience in staking, supervision and inspection of construction, and acceptance testing.
Well and easy to work with and always willing to help each other.
I enjoyed meeting new clients and able to see each project from development stage to complete
Pros
Work both indoors/outdoors, meeting and working with different clients
Cons
limited job security
Well managed company. Providing a unparalleled service to large companies.
Training Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lennon, MISeptember 17, 2013
Assign daily tasks, oversee outside plant conditioning, inspect terminals to engineering specs, provide quality control, performance reviews. Blueprint schematic readings to ensure lines paired and bonded properly.
Telecommunication consulting firm, very positive attitude and freindly
Right of Way Agent (Current Employee) –  Nephi, UTMay 18, 2013
7-3:30 M-F. My sole responsability is to obtain permitting for the placement of telecommunication facilities.

I have learned the business through city, county, state and federal permitting processes.

Very good management to work for and co-workers are there to help as well.

Hardest part of job is waiting for an action by another entity to reply to my submittals.

Again, receiving permits so that construction crews can now go to the field and build projects.
Pros
Weekends off while in the office
Cons
Short lunch breaks