Mid America Clinical Laboratories Employee Reviews

Good work life balance and good pay
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INFebruary 9, 2018
An amazing company to work for! Management was top notch and listened to their staff. Coworkers were friendly. The location I worked at was very busy. We saw on average 180 patients a day but it was also a walk-in location.
Pros
A full hour for lunch. Awesome patients and coworkers.
Cons
Very busy
Good place to work.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2018
Good place to work. Management is friendly and always willing to work with employees. Staff and co workers are friendly and everyone is a team player.
It was a job
Phlebotomist/Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2017
When I started at Mid America Clinical Labs it was a decent job. I learned new things about all sorts of different tests and how to process and ship them for testing. A typical workday for me was 0800-1700. I commuted back and forth from my hometown to Carmel. The drive was long due to construction. When you work at a PSC, you are responsible for greeting patients, data entry of their demographics, entering orders into the computer, calling the patient back, drawing patient via venipuncture, processing and shipping specimens. There are days when you would get patients that would come in right before closing and would have off the wall tests and you were required to process all specimens before shipping to the main lab for testing. Some days I wouldn't get out of there until 1800 or so. The hardest part of this job was that the supervisor was sometimes not readily available to answer questions and or help out when a patient was upset or hostile. I didn't like my co-workers as they saw the work environment as a competitive area. The most enjoyable part of my job was at the end of the day when I could clean up and GO HOME! It was frustrating when I needed a day off I had to give a months notice. If you needed two consecutive days or more you needed to give at least 2-3 month notice.
Pros
friendly patients
Cons
Supervisors are not great and HR staff does not listen to requests
Quick paced, focus on accuracy, and long hours
Specimen Preparation Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2017
Work can be overwhelming at first, but after learning the process it becomes second nature. Sometimes there are interpersonal problems, but that depends on your personality. The workflow is very heavy at night and there is an emphasis on speed in addition to accuracy. The best part of the job is that there are many opportunities for overtime. The worst part is the late hours and when unnecessary drama plagues the workforce.
Pros
overtime
Cons
late nights, catty drama
Poor management
Lab Asst ll (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, IndianaOctober 27, 2017
The management is awful. They don’t care about how the lab is ran. Patients have to wait along time because they don’t make certain people do their job. I emailed to let them know the lab Asst made the patients wait until I got back from lunch. No help while doing drug screens, EKGs. I was called juvenile. I care about the patients, I would not want to wait that long let alone any of my family members. The Manaus new but the director isn’t.
I suggest stay away. I’ve heard other people say it’s bad in Indianapolis. High turnover.
Pros
3/12s, PTO when you could take it.
Cons
Management, no teamwork
Great environment to work at. Great mentors/leaders.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INAugust 16, 2017
Co-workers and managers were always friendly and helpful. As long as I had my work done, I was able to finish my college homework and projects. Great place to work.
Run for the hills!
Laboratory Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2017
Let me start out by saying I absolutely loved my job and the services that I was able to provide to the hospital staff and patients. This company is the most ill managed and unorganized company that I have ever worked for. Lead tech would rather text than pick up the phone and call you...how unprofessional is that? They expect you to find coverage for your own shifts when you are off and they refuse for that coverage to be someone that they will have to pay overtime to which is just about everybody being that they have virtually no staff at this point. Managers and directors ignore your concerns and at times PTO requests. Hospital labs are being run on minimal staff which poses both employee and patient safety concerns. They place untrained people in high risk and stressful positions in the lab so be ready to train yourself! Managers are very condescending and rude. The only positive thing that I can take away from this experience is the awesome coworkers and friends that I made during my time at MACL.
Great company
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2017
I only worked here for a year, but it provided my the necessary skills and education to improve my career. It was a great first place to work for me.
Rewarding and challenging
Transfusion Service Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2017
A typical day of the Transfusion Service Assistant was a challenging one. Multitasking was normal in a variety of ways. Time management was essential to the overall success of the position. The hardest part was working alone and making life support decisions, but this was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job: knowing that I was making a difference in the lives of the patients.
Pros
providing excellent patient care
Cons
little downtime
Good work experience
Support Technician/Phlebotomist/Greeter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2017
You can gain a lot of work experience from MACL, but management is not the best, always understaffed. Love the job but management treats people unfairly and makes work unbearable at times. Director likes to micromanage you. Love learning about the different chemistry tests and seeing what dx patients have when they have certain results.
Pros
Good job experience, good people to work with
Cons
bad management, understaffed
Would not be my forst choice
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2017
Fast pace environment. Learned a lot. Management is not very interested in what is going on on the benches.Poor communication.The hardest part of the job is trying to stay professional while being treated unprofessionally. The most enjoyable part of the job is the benchwork.
overall good place to work but a lot of ebb and flows in business
Cytotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2017
Most days were predictable and fun. With changes in business needs, healthcare recommendations, staffing, etc. each day became more challenging. Last supervisor was a micromanager which doesn't bode well with cytotechs. we are self driven and techs who work independently. We don't need nor like micromanaging.
Pros
camaraderie, pay was good, hours were good
Cons
micromanaging
Most mismanageged company I've ever worked for.
Material Handler / Forklift / Courier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2017
Hey don't take my word for anything go online and check out the reviews for this company on Glasdoor and even here on Indeed.
I've had to cash in my PTO time because you can't get a day off because we're so short on help.
By the way when you cash in your PTO the Government takes 1/3 of it for taxes because they consider it a bonus.
Pros
The people I work with.
Cons
Can't get pto or vacation time even when you have it coming to you.
I enjoyed working with MACL. I got along well with my co-workers and supervisors. STAT turn-around-time was very important for patient care.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working with the latest up-to-date analyzers and other lab equipment. I loved my second shift boss and the way she treated us all equal. She was also my weekend tech, so that was twice the blessing. The competencies were challenging but rewarding. I learned a lot working with all the other professionals at MACL.
Stop and read be for you proceed.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2017
This was one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. I worked for them for half a decade and received less than 13.00 in the end. All they care about is $$$ not employees. They also make you perform task you are not Legally qualified to do and if you question the matter you will be threatened and barred from moving in other departments. Keep moving don't get sidelined by the professional mannerisms form Human Resources for this will change when you meet the true colleague you will be working with. They constantly change the names of positions which leaves the current title holder out of job and send emails a few days later stating they are no longer with us. Many I have worked with have went to another lab/ hospital and had better results with better benefit. Just ask previous employees or look at the reviews they are true. This will not change until the policies are truly implemented. Starting with not running specimens past Stability.
Pros
Parking Garage to protect your car.
Horrible place to work!
Medical technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2016
All management cares about is $$$ and they could care less about the collateral damage(employees). They paint such a good picture of the organization in orientation, but it doesn't take long though to see the true picture. I enjoyed the people I worked with and unfortunately for them they are still there. This place was not worth all the stressed it caused.
available in many locations
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  7910 E Washington St #120 Indianapolis,INMay 21, 2016
it can be within a doctor's office as inside provider service or at a patient service center, with multiple location.
team work, and training provided.
Pros
experienced service plus additional training provided, easy a close to work for it
Cons
not very good raises
Keep looking!! You will find much better
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2016
Horrible management! Extremely demanding and emotionally abusive work environments. Mandatory 6 day work week every third week. No flexibility with time off. Time off request must be submitted nearly 6 months in advance. I would not recommend this place to anyone!
good hours but no management support
Point of Care Resource Tech. (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2016
Hours were wonderful. Some Management have no ideal what they are doing and are pulling the company down. Not enough help. Cares very little about there employees. All they really care about are turn around times, which is very dangerous for patient safety.
Seriously behind the times!
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2016
Had to be the worst lab I have ever worked in. Very out-dated equipment and procedures. Manual blood-banking?! At a hospital the size I was at?! Good grief! Seriously under-staffed. Rude upper-management. But I did have a super lab manager. She was the only thing positive about my experience.
Pros
Great lab Manager
Cons
Antiquated equipment, barbariec procedures, severely short-staffed, very strict and uptight about any overtime